PDA

View Full Version : Evie nerf..

Spailer
01-01-2017, 06:18 AM
How can you not see how stupidly overpowered she is? she can literally teleport in, 2 shot a damage dealer and teleport back out. And she can just teleport in the air, shoot down from above and teleport back. And she can do this every 4-5 seconds. There's nothing you can do against it! Either Evie needs a complete rework or you should make it so the teleport takes a little bit longer to cast, and while it's casting you can see where she's going to teleport and it makes a noise. Even the pros think this is needed.

ProGravity
01-01-2017, 09:38 AM
how to fix evie: make wormholing for 4 seconds a standard part of her kit, replace wormhole card with bonus damage after blink by 7/14/21/28% that disables blink-back

if you want to 2 shot people you have to escape with soar (not as frequent strikes), if you want to wormhole you have to deserve the kill

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 09:55 AM
comparing her to andro she's alrite

KicksBrickster
01-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Evie only has one damage source, with slow projectile speed. That more than makes up for her mobility. I don't think Evie needs much in the way of adjustment.

Spailer
01-01-2017, 11:34 AM
the slow projectile speed only matters if evie is playing like a sniper, if you get close enough to enemies it makes no difference whatsoever

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 11:38 AM
the slow projectile speed only matters if evie is playing like a sniper, if you get close enough to enemies it makes no difference whatsoever

if you are close to an evie why isn't she dead

PyrealRabbit
01-01-2017, 11:55 AM
if you are close to an evie why isn't she dead

Is that a question? I'm going to assume it was and that you momentarily forgot how to conduct the English language.

Lets see: because who TWO SHOTS players?

Mighty Mentalist, indeed.

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Is that a question? I'm going to assume it was and that you momentarily forgot how to conduct the English language.

2 shots are 2 seconds

so i repeat why didn't she die already

Wallachia
01-01-2017, 12:08 PM

Evie also dies with two shots, except from Cassie, but Cassie's mobility is pretty high.

PyrealRabbit
01-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Evie also dies with two shots, except from Cassie, but Cassie's mobility is pretty high.

Two shots? From who? And is this in reality or on paper?

Wallachia
01-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Kinessa kills Evie with two shots.
Sha Lin kills Evie with two arrows. Even worse if he stuns her with an impaler arrow.
Bomb King kills Evie with two bombs.
Viktor and Tyra kill Evie with 2 seconds, faster than she can shot them.

Without her escapes Evie is shit in combat. As other flanks, she's meant to ambush enemy damage then run away.

Asking for an Evie nerf to play a damage champion properly is like asking paper to be nerfed so rock can beat everything in jokenpo..

Nudgarrobot
01-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Like the others said, Evie's kill time is 2s at point blank range. She can fanangle a faster one by planning against a perfectly still, unaware target, but that's unrealistic.
2s against most damage dealers is slower than their kill time vs Evie.
Also, 2s is slower than either Skye(~1.3s) OR Androxys'(1.5s) kill times. Only Buck has a slower kill time than Evie.

PyrealRabbit
01-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Bomb King kills Evie with two bombs.
Viktor and Tyra kill Evie with 2 seconds, faster than she can shot them.

We'll assume these are all top notch players.

BK takes 1.2 to throw two bomb. They both have to land on a moving target that likely has the element of surprise. The chances of landing two bombs on anyone at close range while under attack from behind is very unlikely.

If Evie has one brain cell they aren't going head to head against either of those chars. She will come from the Flank and have the character down 50% before they can react.

Wallachia
01-01-2017, 12:48 PM

BK takes 1.2 to throw two bomb. They both have to land on a moving target that likely has the element of surprise. The chances of landing two bombs on anyone at close range while under attack from behind is very unlikely.

If Evie has one brain cell they aren't going head to head against either of those chars. She will come from the Flank and have the character down 50% before they can react.

If Bomb King has HALF brain cell he will be aware to his surroundings so he doesn't lose half his HP before he can even react ;)

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 12:49 PM

ok so every champion should be nerfed cause when they come from behind and kill you it means they're op
sha lin would do 1k dmg to you aswell as stun and a planted follow up

Spailer
01-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Why do you always assume that I got killed once and now I want a nerf? An evie nerf is obviously needed. A lot of pro players have talked about it. I played evie for 1 match and I completely dominated the enemy team. Whenever I was low I could just ice block or soar away. And if the enemy team is really good I can just blink up in the air, shoot once or twice and blink back. Boom 2000 damage done and I can do it again in 4 seconds. You can't expect exactly when and where the evie's gonna blink if she even slightly knows what she's doing. You could be an autistic 8 year old who started playing yesterday and still dominate with evie.

Wallachia
01-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Waiting to see who are all those "pro players" that made you realize that an Evie nerf is "obviously" needed.

ThunderBubble
01-02-2017, 10:57 AM
How can you not see how stupidly overpowered she is? she can literally teleport in, 2 shot a damage dealer and teleport back out. And she can just teleport in the air, shoot down from above and teleport back. And she can do this every 4-5 seconds. There's nothing you can do against it! Either Evie needs a complete rework or you should make it so the teleport takes a little bit longer to cast, and while it's casting you can see where she's going to teleport and it makes a noise. Even the pros think this is needed.

I've been playing since steam release, and i can tell you She is good in the right hands, but if you don't know how to play her, or are still learning she will be terrible and your team will be down a slot. She has a high skill cap, and is very dangerous if you can play her. I don't think she needs a nerf, perhaps a rework. she also has the very lowest HP in the entire game, anyone can just rip through her like she's a fly, she just has a high skill cap, and the people that can play her are very good.

Trapboi
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Two shots?
Certainly not from Androx's 1300 damage point-blank in those two shots. Only If she's dumb and he Qd would she get 2-shot. (Or If he has 100% headshot ratio. Would that still kill her? 870+870...)
And hell, If you feel endangered, just Iceblock then spam blink.
I went ahead and played a few games, didn't do too well, seeing as I'm used to Androx where you actually need to aim and not just shoot at people's feet, but I can see what the OP means; Teleport up high, shoot twice, wormhole back.

Wallachia
01-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Two shots?
Certainly not from Androx's 1300 damage point-blank in those two shots. Only If she's dumb and he Qd would she get 2-shot. (Or If he has 100% headshot ratio. Would that still kill her? 870+870...)
And hell, If you feel endangered, just Iceblock then spam blink.
I went ahead and played a few games, didn't do too well, seeing as I'm used to Androx where you actually need to aim and not just shoot at people's feet, but I can see what the OP means; Teleport up high, shoot twice, wormhole back.

Iceblocking during combat seems like a stupid idea to me. The enemy can just wait and shoot Evie to make her get damaged immediately after breaking through the block.

SeYr0
01-02-2017, 11:54 AM
hi i pro quinesa player i dont think evie need nerf

Gir8
01-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Evie is so squishy. Just don't freak out and shoot her. You have a better chance of dodging her projectiles than her dodging Victor, Tyra, etc. She shoots sooooooo slow, has just six shots, and a slow reload.

If you're caught unaware by any damage dealer, your chances of killing them first are lower. That's common sense, not an Evie-damage issue.

Evie's mobility is meant to counter her low HP, slow attack speed, slow reload speed and low ammo clip. If they lowered her mobility, they would have to increase her HP or fire ratio. Do you want that over a squishy character?

Furthermore, If you nerf Evie's damage, then tanks will be more unbalanced as one of their counters was removed.

EvieIV
01-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Why do you always assume that I got killed once and now I want a nerf? An evie nerf is obviously needed. A lot of pro players have talked about it. I played evie for 1 match and I completely dominated the enemy team. Whenever I was low I could just ice block or soar away. And if the enemy team is really good I can just blink up in the air, shoot once or twice and blink back. Boom 2000 damage done and I can do it again in 4 seconds. You can't expect exactly when and where the evie's gonna blink if she even slightly knows what she's doing. You could be an autistic 8 year old who started playing yesterday and still dominate with evie.

yeah a lot of pro players i have laughed at in both smite and paladins so far, they dedicate their life to this yet can't bother to have half the iq needed to understand balancing and play the game tryna exploit the juice out of every character.

also what in the world do you mean slow reload speed she takes 1 or 1.5sec to recharge after she has fired 5500 damage, i don't think that's worthy of saying slow, compared to skye's 2250 damage or androxus' 3600

buck's too far behind for this

Trapboi
01-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Iceblocking during combat seems like a stupid idea to me. The enemy can just wait and shoot Evie to make her get damaged immediately after breaking through the block.

Well, unless you're like me and you happen to get the short end of lag compensation every bloody time, your blink from spamming Q will most likely bring you out of harms way.

PyrealRabbit
01-02-2017, 08:41 PM
If Bomb King has HALF brain cell he will be aware to his surroundings so he doesn't lose half his HP before he can even react ;)

I challenge you, sir!

For you forgot that the Evie player only attacks when she has the element of surprise (because she is top notch), so the first shot taking BK to 50% is guaranteed.

PyrealRabbit
01-02-2017, 08:45 PM
ok so every champion should be nerfed cause when they come from behind and kill you it means they're op
sha lin would do 1k dmg to you aswell as stun and a planted follow up

She Lin can't fly;
nor go blinkyblinky across the map;
nor Iceblock and heal while getting those few last seconds on her Broomstick CD.

But other than that, I see where you are coming from.

EvieIV
01-02-2017, 08:59 PM
She Lin can't fly;
nor go blinkyblinky across the map;
nor Iceblock and heal while getting those few last seconds on her Broomstick CD.

But other than that, I see where you are coming from.

evie hasn't stealth
evie hasn't cc on form of stun
evie hasn't an ult to increase dps and movement while hidden
evie also hasn't a skill that allows her to do 1600 dmg every sec

4 > 3

KatangExKanari
01-02-2017, 09:08 PM
evie is two shoot killer, every damage who need 3 shoot to kill has same chance to kill evie in 1vs 1 situation, now with right build good damage can win 50 : 50 with good evie

PS: nowday mostly damage need 3 shoot to kill except noob with agression

afgooey420
01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
she dies 2 shots to victor /s

ThatOthell159
01-02-2017, 11:33 PM
After the recent nerfs, I think Evie is in a good spot.

CandySuxxx
01-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Evie has too low cooldown on blink and too much healing through teleport (blink+wormhole). The problem with her is that she can do a ton of damage taking no risk at all.

Wallachia
01-03-2017, 06:03 AM
I challenge you, sir!

For you forgot that the Evie player only attacks when she has the element of surprise (because she is top notch), so the first shot taking BK to 50% is guaranteed.

Again: Only if BK is stupid not to mind his surroundings.

Why do you people make it as if 'situational awareness' is something so hard to have? I only get killed by flanks if I'm stupid to forget my surroundings or if I'm stupid to push a fight that I'm losing.

ThatOthell159
01-03-2017, 06:34 PM
A good Evie will attack when the person is distracted, busy or focused on something else.

A bad Evie will attack when the enemy is aware.

No player can be aware 24/7. And if you are, then you are not damaging the enemy frontliners nor are you contributing to the objective.

PyrealRabbit
01-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Again: Only if BK is stupid not to mind his surroundings.

Why do you people make it as if 'situational awareness' is something so hard to have? I only get killed by flanks if I'm stupid to forget my surroundings or if I'm stupid to push a fight that I'm losing.

So if you are attacking a player in the front how do you watch your back? Throw a bomb, look behind your, turn and throw another bomb?

That is not how the flow of battle goes and to say that ones 'situational awareness' equals not being surprised is just foolish.

Apparently attacking a player on the obj is 'stupid' because it leaves your back vulnerable, right?

A large part of situational awareness is being aware of WHERE an enemy may attack FROM, and Evie can FLY and attack from the sides, the back, and above. Simply being aware of this fact does not change the fact that the Known Threat is in front of you, and you must engage them in any hopes of winning, not standing outside of spawn twirling around exercising your ""situational awareness"".

Beyond inane.

HATTRlCK
01-03-2017, 09:48 PM
I dont know why I feel she is totally ok lol and I dont even play her

Wallachia
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
So if you are attacking a player in the front how do you watch your back? Throw a bomb, look behind your, turn and throw another bomb?

That is not how the flow of battle goes and to say that ones 'situational awareness' equals not being surprised is just foolish.

Apparently attacking a player on the obj is 'stupid' because it leaves your back vulnerable, right?

A large part of situational awareness is being aware of WHERE an enemy may attack FROM, and Evie can FLY and attack from the sides, the back, and above. Simply being aware of this fact does not change the fact that the Known Threat is in front of you, and you must engage them in any hopes of winning, not standing outside of spawn twirling around exercising your ""situational awareness"".

Beyond inane.

I am not going to contest this because I don't play as BK, but when I play as Cassie I can mind my surroundings while reloading, ya know.

Nudgarrobot
01-03-2017, 10:30 PM
After having played against Evie with and without headphones, I think the people who have trouble with her are the people not using headphones. Her audio cues telegraph her every move HARD. If you don't have that audio feedback, I guess it might make sense that she'd be hard to deal with. But audio design is a part of balance too. If you can't or don't listen, that's not the game or the character's fault. It's yours.
Even still, without headphones she's still totally counterable. I usually don't use them. I only recently started using em.

KatangExKanari
01-03-2017, 11:32 PM
please dont compare good player vs noob player

-first we all already know that good evie is good player or high skilled player

-second people who is not aware getting shot 2 time from behind, we can call them noob player.

-nowday evie need 3 shot to kill mostly damage with lvl 1 or 2 blast shield maybe only kinessa she can 2 shoot to kill

-3 shoot kill mean evie need 3 sc to kill 1 damage if all her shoot is connect, and 3 sc mean she cannot teleport back

-all damage can deal 2k damage in 2sc even less

- if in 3 sc a damage cannot kill evie the problem is the individual skill not the champion

ThickDic
01-04-2017, 05:29 PM
first of all, sorry about my name.

second of all, im an evie main. diamond level 14. not that high but high enough to know she doesnt need a nerf. a slight rework perhaps but heres why.

androxus - 1200 damage per second (600 every 0.5s) but this is 1800 with headshots, plus 2k health.

evie - 930 dps, 1100 with blink boost and 1800 health.

so someone want to read that and seriously tell me that evie is the flank that needs nerfing? androxus needs to do 500 per shot since he is rewarded with headshots. (i know mobility differnces etc)

but then we come on to the fact that sha lin, drogoz and kinessa can all 2 shot evie, pretty much everyone else can 3 shot her. she does not need a nerf. probably needs a better ability than ice block if you ask me. such as a more reliable slow.

ThatOthell159
01-04-2017, 05:53 PM
first of all, sorry about my name.

second of all, im an evie main. diamond level 14. not that high but high enough to know she doesnt need a nerf. a slight rework perhaps but heres why.

androxus - 1200 damage per second (600 every 0.5s) but this is 1800 with headshots, plus 2k health.

evie - 930 dps, 1100 with blink boost and 1800 health.

so someone want to read that and seriously tell me that evie is the flank that needs nerfing? androxus needs to do 500 per shot since he is rewarded with headshots. (i know mobility differnces etc)

but then we come on to the fact that sha lin, drogoz and kinessa can all 2 shot evie, pretty much everyone else can 3 shot her. she does not need a nerf. probably needs a better ability than ice block if you ask me. such as a more reliable slow.

This is paper statistics or ingame statistics?

I hope you know the difference

costanata00
01-04-2017, 06:52 PM
a androxus don't relies only on headshots, they are very situational, and 200 of health won't change much things, for a drogoz is hard to even hit 1 direct shot, and kinessa can't aim at evie because she has a lot of mobility, a small hitbox, and she can iceblock and blink when she is on low health, you can't deny, 80% of the time, when you enter a 1v1 with evie as a damager, you will die

ThickDic
01-04-2017, 07:14 PM
This is paper statistics or ingame statistics?

I hope you know the difference

what are you talking about? they are the only statistics. you know, from the actual game we are talking about. its not rocket science.

and as a reply to you above, headshots are not in any way "situational". and an added insult is that someone can lazily get a headshot just by luck. nothing liek that for evie. id say an average androx would get a headshot about 20% of the time. and evies hit box is in no way SMALL! its absolutely huge. especially when using soar.

the thing is with evie, is the ice block may sound good, but more often than not it gets you killed rather that saving you.

Nudgarrobot
01-04-2017, 08:25 PM
a androxus don't relies only on headshots, they are very situational, and 200 of health won't change much things, for a drogoz is hard to even hit 1 direct shot, and kinessa can't aim at evie because she has a lot of mobility, a small hitbox, and she can iceblock and blink when she is on low health, you can't deny, 80% of the time, when you enter a 1v1 with evie as a damager, you will die

I main both Kinessa and Evie and this is not my experience. A smart Kinessa is an Evie's greatest nightmare (Behind perhaps a smart Sha Lin). I play both sides of the matchup well. It's not an 80% lose thing for the damage dealers, you just have to know how to pick your fights. It's not rocket science. The only times I REALLY have trouble with an Evie flank is when it's like a duo Androxys Evie comp, and at that point it's not because of the Evie so much as because they can tag team.

KatangExKanari
01-04-2017, 09:01 PM

what are you talking about? they are the only statistics. you know, from the actual game we are talking about. its not rocket science.

and as a reply to you above, headshots are not in any way "situational". and an added insult is that someone can lazily get a headshot just by luck. nothing liek that for evie. id say an average androx would get a headshot about 20% of the time. and evies hit box is in no way SMALL! its absolutely huge. especially when using soar.

the thing is with evie, is the ice block may sound good, but more often than not it gets you killed rather that saving you.

i will say this once again "please dont make compararison between good player vs noob player situation"
we never get fair result, thats why evie always look so OP

first 200 hp it can make big difference between 2 shoot to kill or 3 shoot to kill
second how can you say bad aiming damage is a good damage player, and you comparing with good aim evie that is ridiculous

we cannot make fair discussion if you all always make good vs bad player situatuion

Valkra
01-05-2017, 04:11 AM
Evie is super squishy and easily locked down by a coordinated team. Her damage is entirely reliant on a slow projectile. She doesn't need a nerf.

ProGravity
01-05-2017, 09:40 AM
the wormhole card needs to get a card cooldown (maybe 10 seconds) so that you can't put out constant damage without danger every 4-5 seconds

also, people saying she needs "2s or 3s to kill", you keep forgetting that the first shot is immediate and most likely fired right after blinking, so that leaves 1 or 2 seconds depending on whether she needs 1 or 2 shots to finish you (and, unless you're cassie or shalin, you'll need to have some pretty perfect tracking to take her down in that time)

Vinayaka
01-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Evie has been nerfed to almost every patch since the open beta. At the moment she's balanced compared to the previous patches and don't need another nerf.
It's just the champion with the highest learning curve and the highest skill cap ( in my opinion )

costanata00
01-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Waiting to see who are all those "pro players" that made you realize that an Evie nerf is "obviously" needed.

Skullest is one of them '-'

Wallachia
01-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Skullest is one of them '-'

ONE.

Now bring me all the others and let them say if they want Evie nerfed.

LabelGX
01-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Evie is ok, she just has a good mobility/velocity without this she is totally useless...

costanata00
01-05-2017, 08:47 PM
she's op, stop crying and accept it, she needs a nerf

KatangExKanari
01-05-2017, 09:10 PM
the wormhole card needs to get a card cooldown (maybe 10 seconds) so that you can't put out constant damage without danger every 4-5 seconds

also, people saying she needs "2s or 3s to kill", you keep forgetting that the first shot is immediate and most likely fired right after blinking, so that leaves 1 or 2 seconds depending on whether she needs 1 or 2 shots to finish you (and, unless you're cassie or shalin, you'll need to have some pretty perfect tracking to take her down in that time)

most damage champion need 3 shoot to kill now only with lvl 1 blast shield, cassie lvl 2 only kinessa stil get l 2 shot
every damage can deal 2k damage in 2sc even less so your chance is still 50 : 50, its matter of individuality skill

stormzy
01-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Remove one of her mobility abilities why she needs two is beyond me

Rhaenxys
01-08-2017, 01:42 PM
I like to use her but lets be honest, she has too much room for mistakes, the ability to start a 1vs1 and retreat if losing while ALSO healing her is too much of an advantage, her whole ability kit is great, kind of a high mobility/squishy character but wormhole is very problematic for balance.

GrayVulpes
01-08-2017, 04:12 PM

The idea is that even at close range, Evie's rate of fire is slow enough that other damage dealers have time to deal with her.

Those damage dealers who can't outdamage Evie in the 1-2 seconds Evie needs to kill them often have other tools at their disposal. Usually mobility (Cassie is a good example).

You also need to take into consideration map/positional awareness.

Evie might be strong and in need of certain nerfs, but she's not nearly as powerful or blatantly "overpowered" as the OP suggests.

IAmSleeping
01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
She may seem overpowered because there are not many champions with cripple abilities yet. I think some nerfs may even be canceled as soon as more champions will be able to cripple her. (maybe grohk's RMB should also apply crippled effect on first target it hits?)

As for instant blink-shot-blink, add a delay for 1 second after the first blink before you can blink back. But then wormhole card should be changed to 2/3/4/5 seconds.

Haubrick
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM
The main reason everyone says she needs a nerf it's because of the blink + wormhole card. And in my humble opinion, she is yes a little overpowered. Just make the blink ability have more time to teleport when you press the key to use it. Just like the escape ability of Ying. It wouldn't be a hell of a change, but at least it would make her more balanced.

Kodykintae
01-14-2017, 02:42 PM
yeah she needs a nerf soooo bad right now. too mobile, can heal when blinking and can blink far too often and too strong. 900 a shot? are you bucking kidding me???

Gordre
01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Everyone says Evie is too mobile. Isn't that her concept (being mobile and powerful but fragile)? The game is about characters having their styles and we master them LOL. I can't say she don't any type of nerf, but lots of players are asking too much from little things to adjust. The wormhole letting heal 600 is unfair. But the time for blinking isn't too fast. Considering the CD of soar and Ice Block are very long, a bigger on CD of blink would imply less CD for soar, or her survivability would be trash. Her DPS is worse than the DPS of Androxus and Skye. Even using blink damage boost it is a little worse than Androxus (goes to 120% (1116) for some seconds - the damage boost got nerfed in OB40 from 30% to 20% - maybe still there's some to discuss about the damage boost). People are simply exaggerating. Androxus and Cassie are strong on a similar level and people do not exaggerate about them (especially about Cassie being able to do Dodge Roll almost every time with the cards while doing lots of damage). We need to be careful about that discussions of OP and UP because exaggeration can cause modifications that can make characters goes from strong to UP (or sometimes from trash to OP, who knows). Barik was considered so strong they nerfed him a lot and he is considered UP now (picked in championships very few times). OB41 will make his HP get higher to try to fix this. So be more calm about Evie, because she is not so OP like it seems from the way some talk about her.

CaoCao777
01-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Evie's skills are broken crap though

ice block is trash, its a suicide skill, and the enemy can attack you for like a second before it starts and a second before you can move at the end of it

and blink's delay is SOO crappy its ANNOYING AS HELL!!!
seriously makes me almost hate this game, the stupid crap.. you blink and they shoot where you used to be and you die.. they can do that for like waaay too long after youve already moved a little after blinking

she needs those things fixed... THEN she might deserve a nerf...
otherwise, yeah.. those problems with her skills make her SUCK HARD!!

tcrawford113
01-14-2017, 11:42 PM

I don't know about the noise and knowing where she is going but, I agree, it needs a longer cool down time.

IAmSleeping
01-14-2017, 11:51 PM
Seems like most of those who want to nerf evie only played against her and never tried to play evie themselves (or tried just a couple of casual games). But that blink-shot-blink really feels unfair: you have only 0.2 seconds (pre-cast delay) to cripple or damage her. Moreover she can blink back before her projectile hits you. Some delay before you can blink back with wormhole would balance this issue. But everything esle about her looks balanced to me. I don't mind if she even gets her 30% bonus damage back or some buff or card that makes ice block less suicidal.

ThatOthell159
01-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Everyone says Evie is too mobile. Isn't that her concept (being mobile and powerful but fragile)? The game is about characters having their styles and we master them LOL. I can't say she don't any type of nerf, but lots of players are asking too much from little things to adjust. The wormhole letting heal 600 is unfair. But the time for blinking isn't too fast. Considering the CD of soar and Ice Block are very long, a bigger on CD of blink would imply less CD for soar, or her survivability would be trash. Her DPS is worse than the DPS of Androxus and Skye. Even using blink damage boost it is a little worse than Androxus (goes to 120% (1116) for some seconds - the damage boost got nerfed in OB40 from 30% to 20% - maybe still there's some to discuss about the damage boost). People are simply exaggerating. Androxus and Cassie are strong on a similar level and people do not exaggerate about them (especially about Cassie being able to do Dodge Roll almost every time with the cards while doing lots of damage). We need to be careful about that discussions of OP and UP because exaggeration can cause modifications that can make characters goes from strong to UP (or sometimes from trash to OP, who knows). Barik was considered so strong they nerfed him a lot and he is considered UP now (picked in championships very few times). OB41 will make his HP get higher to try to fix this. So be more calm about Evie, because she is not so OP like it seems from the way some talk about her.

Fragile.
Fragile?
Fragile.

HU3HU3HUAEHU.
No.

Mundal
01-15-2017, 01:10 AM
I like how people just say I am a so and so champion main, diamond player and i approve of this and that. Its like they barely have 100 hours in the game and some of them even 50. That pretty much shows the learning curve and skill ceiling of the game(or champion).

VetVel
01-15-2017, 03:52 AM
yeah a lot of pro players i have laughed at in both smite and paladins so far, they dedicate their life to this yet can't bother to have half the iq needed to understand balancing and play the game tryna exploit the juice out of every character.

also what in the world do you mean slow reload speed she takes 1 or 1.5sec to recharge after she has fired 5500 damage, i don't think that's worthy of saying slow, compared to skye's 2250 damage or androxus' 3600

buck's too far behind for this

lol...you're the funny guy on the forums
http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/EvieIV

VetVel
01-15-2017, 03:54 AM
Seems like most of those who want to nerf evie only played against her and never tried to play evie themselves (or tried just a couple of casual games). But that blink-shot-blink really feels unfair: you have only 0.2 seconds (pre-cast delay) to cripple or damage her. Moreover she can blink back before her projectile hits you. Some delay before you can blink back with wormhole would balance this issue. But everything esle about her looks balanced to me. I don't mind if she even gets her 30% bonus damage back or some buff or card that makes ice block less suicidal.

http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/IAmSleeping
Need I say more?

BrandonB207
01-15-2017, 05:39 AM
I love Evie and I have her mastered to 16 and imo she does need a slight nerf. Not to her damage of her mobility but her health. She is is mobile that she should be punished for not moving about. I think nerfing her health to 1500 would balance her.

RailgunXZ
01-15-2017, 06:14 AM
I love Evie and I have her mastered to 16 and imo she does need a slight nerf. Not to her damage of her mobility but her health. She is is mobile that she should be punished for not moving about. I think nerfing her health to 1500 would balance her.

lol 1500 hp really?
shes already like paper

If anything needs to be adjusted/changed its her cards (esp wormhole)
and also as someone above said, once more champions are released, she wont seem op anymore.

Personally i dont think shes op, its just that some people are really good with her.

EvieIV
01-15-2017, 07:27 AM
http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/IAmSleeping
Need I say more?

beware! he used the guru weapon!! shitposting incoming!! you're bad because guru said so, can't counterargue that hu3hu3hu3hu3h3u

Dralec
01-15-2017, 07:35 AM
beware! he used the guru weapon!! shitposting incoming!! you're bad because guru said so, can't counterargue that hu3hu3hu3hu3h3u

says the guy with a paladins guru screenshot in his signature
hu3hu3hu3hu3

EvieIV
01-15-2017, 07:41 AM
hu3hu3hu3hu3

says the guy whose name ressembles a cassie main

Thundarkhat
01-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Evie is to strong, she's going to eat a nerf. She's probably going to eat several nerfs, Wormhole is the biggest culprit. Her kit is way to "screw up" friendly. With that little of health, that much mobility and that much damage, if you screw up with Evie you should be punished. As it sits you can do all of that, mess up, and you have a get out of jail free card.

She should have an out, ONE out. Cards and Kit gives her far to many, and lowers the skill cap.

VetVel
01-15-2017, 08:29 AM

You quoted the wrong one which wasn't aimed at you.
I don't know if you actually understand the common meaning of "shitposting", what you posted:
"yeah a lot of pro players i have laughed at in both smite and paladins so far, they dedicate their life to this yet can't bother to have half the iq..."
is considered "shitposting" as you have nothing to actually back up that statement, which FYI is extremely cocky.
Now if you were a good player, your personal opinion based off of "experience" and "knowledge" of playing at a professional level might have been received with more respect.

BUT yeah, from the looks of your replies/posts you seem like an edgy person that posts without thorough thought.

So all in all its a safer bet to go with the opinion of a guy that scored 100% in maths than the guy that scored 60% when confronted with a math problem, same with regards to other fields, but maybe you see that differently...

RattuS
01-15-2017, 09:13 AM
When I started to play Paladins, I never saw Evie as a threat. However, now I'm at 1800-1900 (guru score) and Evie (1800+) with Wormhole feels extremly annoying and dangerous. She can easily scatter and distract the enemy team, without instantly dying because of Wormhole-Blink, Ice Block and Soar with low cooldowns. There's no other champion that annoys me as much as Evie does.

CandySuxxx
01-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Evie is fine as is, she doesnt need any nerf.

VetVel
01-15-2017, 05:05 PM
Agreed, she's in a pretty good spot now :D

KatangExKanari
01-15-2017, 11:50 PM
i dont mind if everyone want to take wormhole or increase cd teleport, but at least buff her projectile speed like sha lin

Rhaenxys
01-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Every flanker has a chance to counter them but not evie and is all thanks to wormhole, it pretty much removes the chance to fight her back, blink throw 1-2 shots, if you are winning the fight keep firing more shots, if you are losing press Q and problem solved while also healing you, i like to play evie but that concept is just completely unbalanced.

She already has low cooldown on blink and soar as tools, wormhole only increases the room for mistakes even more, way more than any flanker or character in the game.

One solution would be, if you equip wormhole the cooldown on blink is increased by half of the value, ie increasing wormhole to 4 seconds would add 2 seconds to blink cooldown, of course thats only a option but from my point of view and as an also evie player, wormhole is not ok, not in the slightest.

Azurion
01-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Kinessa deal 1850 *hurm *hurm* idk were the 1950 goes too , and can one shot a evie if headshot

SkyeKill evie less than a sec lol

Cassieshot roll back shot q, took 1 sec and evie is down

Tyrajust play with the chainsaw in 7 days to die and get use to the recoil lol

there is so manay way to counter evie,

Rhaenxys
01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Kinessa deal 1850 *hurm *hurm* idk were the 1950 goes too , and can one shot a evie if headshot

SkyeKill evie less than a sec lol

Cassieshot roll back shot q, took 1 sec and evie is down

Tyrajust play with the chainsaw in 7 days to die and get use to the recoil lol

there is so manay way to counter evie,

Except those are barely counters to any evie with wormhole (and half a brain).

- Kinessa vs Evie: depends on the kinessa player ability to land shots on mobile targets, it also depends on the map and routes, in most situations evie has the advantage.

- Sure skye melts evie... IF she ever caught evie, most evies dont even touch the ground that much, evie has a lot of tools to leave skye behind, she can also 2 shot skye.

- You have to be well damn bad with evie to let a cassie make all that combo to you.

- No matter how good you are with tyra (even someone with aimbot) with evie you have enough reaction time to retreat if you are losing the fight against tyra, tyra also has 0 mobility so you can go away, recover and continue to chase her down, tyra is in fact one of the worst champions to counter evie.

The only good champions to counter evie somewhat easy are damba with the stun, makoa, sometimes drogoz, a skilled kinessa/sha lin and a lucky bombking with grumpy bomb or sticking grenades.

Is wormhole what causes her to be unbalanced, nothing more.

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Tyra counters Evie? That's a joke.

Whenever I play Evie I destroy her.

Crysx3
01-16-2017, 12:25 PM
I dont know your problem guys, evie is fine imo. Its just a pure skill champ, and when u meet a skilled one, u will have definitely problems. however, a good makoa can hook the shit out of her (speaking from my own experience, u can hook her even in her fly easily). also the most damagers counter her, for example idk how she wanna beat cassie (?) more hp + the roll makes it hard for evie to hit

ALIEZ9000
01-16-2017, 12:40 PM
Yeh she need to be nerfed!!!
if you don't want to nerf the dmg just nerf her overpowred mobility or buff the blastshild with 20% for each lvl thou 10% is usless against 1700 dmg or more
why she can teleport 2 times in 4s!? then fly away with her broom and she also has a Zhonya (was league player lol) i mean she also has the ice shild this is too much for a single champ to have...

just nerf the mobility !!! :mad:

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 01:12 PM
The problem isn't Evie's mobility, without mobility she would be useless.

The problem is her high reward low risk problem. Flicker IV needs to be adjusted.

tcrawford113
01-16-2017, 01:36 PM
I know that I posted that her cool downs need adjustment, but I generally think that nerfing should be used as a last resort. Nerfing is going backwards. You should always strive to move forwards. Try buffing the other characters a little to see if that doesn't fix the problem. Do that first and, if it still isn't enough, then nerf the offending character a little to meet half way. Forwards, always.

CADETROBO
01-16-2017, 01:59 PM
I think Evie is okay as she can be killed easily and very fragile with her health, she works perfectly fine as a flank champion (in my opinion).

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 02:07 PM

hu3hu3hu3hu3

Y'all gotta stop copying my virtual laugh

tcrawford113
01-16-2017, 02:28 PM

I would take it as a compliment. You started a trend. BE PROUD!!!

Wallachia
01-16-2017, 02:30 PM

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

http://bobagento.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/street_figher_blanka_huehuehue_br_br__normal_by_ma tbox99-d6gr48j.gif

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 04:28 PM
I would take it as a compliment. You started a trend. BE PROUD!!!

;(

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

http://bobagento.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/street_figher_blanka_huehuehue_br_br__normal_by_ma tbox99-d6gr48j.gif

http://f.asset.soup.io/asset/3164/2911_22a8.gif

Ok anyways Evie needs to have flicker IV adjusted, I don't see wormhole a problem.

CaoCao777
01-16-2017, 05:34 PM
i found flicker IV to be a wasted card

..you want your mobility skill to be a mobility skill, not a heal skill..

and i put the Ice Block heal card instead, since Ice Block is total trash skill, its only good use is holding the objective or healing in a corner somewhere.. and it lets you sit in the block to wait for the autoheal

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Don't call ice block trash skill just because you don't know how to use it, it's one of the best basic skills in the game besides Ruckus' repulser field.

CaoCao777
01-16-2017, 07:56 PM
yeah but Ice Block is like glitched, for like .5 seconds before you become an Ice Block, but cant move people can hurt you and for like .5 seconds after Ice Block, but before you can move, people can damage you

source: iam level 16 Evie

its total trash

ive seen the video of like "DefNotHanzo" using it to counter a burst damage, and ive tried, but it doesnt work for that at all.. he was playing against noobs or staged video... he has some kind of jump to the back and side maneuver, but the hitbox is bigger than that jump...

and yeah occasionally it works as a slow, but seriously EVERYONE comes running and lines up a headshot and headshots you in that .5s window where they can shoot you but you cant move yet...

it IS good for tanking the objective though, occasionally

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 08:46 PM
yeah but Ice Block is like glitched, for like .5 seconds before you become an Ice Block, but cant move people can hurt you and for like .5 seconds after Ice Block, but before you can move, people can damage you

source: iam level 16 Evie

its total trash

ive seen the video of like "DefNotHanzo" using it to counter a burst damage, and ive tried, but it doesnt work for that at all.. he was playing against noobs or staged video... he has some kind of jump to the back and side maneuver, but the hitbox is bigger than that jump...

and yeah occasionally it works as a slow, but seriously EVERYONE comes running and lines up a headshot and headshots you in that .5s window where they can shoot you but you cant move yet...

it IS good for tanking the objective though, occasionally

You must have high ping, I don't have this issue.

CaoCao777
01-16-2017, 09:15 PM
i get like 60 - 90 ping

the problem i describe is entirely consistently always

KatangExKanari
01-16-2017, 09:37 PM
maybe i must repeat this again

"dont comparing between godlike skill evie vs nooblike skill damage"

why every argument every evie user must have godlike skill, land 100% shoot, never touch ground and the damage she stomp always nooblike skill, cannot shoot properly, no maps awarness, not notice get shoot from behind
every argument i see is alway like "if evie do this, if evie do that we dead, and never if damage do this if damage do that evie is dead" like the damage cannot do anything beside shooting the middle
thats noob argument dude
i bet in early your game, you the one who always cryng viktor and skye OP

when im using viktor (im using viktor as comparasion because he is everyone champ) i can kill good evie as much she can kill me, the evie i talk can teleport properly and have good accuracy

if im using sha lin i can win mostly encounter with evie, the damage i hard to find to defeat evie maybe only bk

ThatOthell159
01-16-2017, 10:56 PM
maybe i must repeat this again

"dont comparing between godlike skill evie vs nooblike skill damage"

why every argument every evie user must have godlike skill, land 100% shoot, never touch ground and the damage she stomp always nooblike skill, cannot shoot properly, no maps awarness, not notice get shoot from behind
every argument i see is alway like "if evie do this, if evie do that we dead, and never if damage do this if damage do that evie is dead" like the damage cannot do anything beside shooting the middle
thats noob argument dude
i bet in early your game, you the one who always cryng viktor and skye OP

when im using viktor (im using viktor as comparasion because he is everyone champ) i can kill good evie as much she can kill me, the evie i talk can teleport properly and have good accuracy

if im using sha lin i can win mostly encounter with evie, the damage i hard to find to defeat evie maybe only bk

When I started in OB33, Skye was broken as shit, that nuclear bomb ulti was a guaranteed double+ kill everytime. Not to mention half the objects didn't work and bomb just went right through and killed you.
Anyone who defends that was a Skye main at the time.

Hero4Rent
01-16-2017, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure it's a question of 'godlike vs. facerolling keyboard' Evie skill level. Personally, I find a moderate to high level Evie beyond disgusting to face, and not just due to her innate explosive damage.

For me, it's how she has access to a plethora of escapes, jukes, rapid motion abilities that completely dominate the playing field verses her foes. This would not be as much a problem if she couldn't reduce a foe to paste in short order, but she can.

Evie gets to choose where to blink, where to come back, how to fly, how not, etc. She has ready access to the sky, distant corridors, or can just stop the flow of combat with iceblock and resume at her own volition.

Yes, yes, cue the eyerolls, shrugging shoulders, and whatnot. Obviously, that's what her powers *do*, shouldn't I get that? Get over it, get gud, lul, etc. etc.

But it's disorienting as hell. She can go any direction she chooses, and an opposing player suddenly has to anticipate if she is going to blink from above, below, sideways, avoid getting melted, all while still fighting the rest of their respective foes. (Which is a lot harder than it sounds, there are few easier targets than a bunch of folks scrambling around, guns pointed in the air instead of the ground, or at the point.)

Clever entry points for a skilled character with instant gratification. Hokay.

But it gets worse-- *accountability*. She has very, very little. If a Skye engages, it's often her or her target. Stealth over. If there is a beefy Buck, while he's frontloaded, he's also a loud, often times obnoxious target with a direct travel route. Androx is... Androx.

But an Evie player leaves when she dang well pleases. All abilities, plural, on a pretty nice cooldown. Even if she just zips in, fires and random, and zips out, she just potentially melted some people if her shots didn't miss, or dealt large chunks of damage, and she's already gone. Plus she totally disrupted the battle lines by the simple potential of her being there. Ignore Evie at your peril.

Her mobility makes her a difficult foe to hit, much less pin down, and she is suddenly in close quarters, your token autofire dps (Victor/Tyra whathaveyou) are going to lose the exchange, because they need precious seconds for the damage to be dealt, and Evie really just needs to nuke the ground they are standing on. All the better if it's in a low rooftop or corridor.

Anywho, after a couple of months of playing, this seems to be what happens more often than not.

Take it easy out there.

CaoCao777
01-17-2017, 01:56 AM
maybe she should have like a timed explosion??

like, her projectile lands and is like a blob, but then blows up in like 1 second or something... i guess then her projectile should get a little more projectile speed..

i mean so then there is a slight chance the enemy can walk away from it

but ONLY if you get rid of the dumb blink delay and the ice block delay
maybe even let her blink in ice block again

CandySuxxx
01-17-2017, 05:20 AM
You must have high ping, I don't have this issue.

Dno about evie, but abilities in general take too much of a delay to activate after pressing the key. Mainly ultimates, but also activating an ability, while you are in an other one. It can often mean life and death, especially for such an ice cold killer like me, who is always in the middle of action. Anyways, they should make these abilities activate instantly, aswell cancel an other one out if activated. The gameplay should be fluid, not like cold starting a lada in siberia.

KicksBrickster
01-17-2017, 05:38 AM
If it were up to me, I would remove Soar, make Blink her primary movement skill, and add some kind of CC ability to fill the gap. An AoE slow, perhaps. If that happened, her damage would have to be reduced, but projectile speed brought up.

She isn't OP, but she could do with an adjustment.

ArtCrusade
01-17-2017, 06:06 AM
She already has two CC's in her kit. One being her ultimate, the other being when her RMB ends. I think Soar is perfectly fine, and if anything you could try and balance her out by moving the passive heal from cards from Blink to Soar. A little like her passive heal from Ice Block works.

SnowTamer
01-17-2017, 06:20 AM
At the most meh just get rid of wormhole

tcrawford113
01-17-2017, 01:34 PM
You guys are still defaulting to "nerf". That is falling back. Whenever possible, you want to advance. As I have already said, try to buff a few champs first. If that is not enough, then nerf her abilities a little (no more than one second increase to cool down) to find a comfortable middle.

ThatOthell159
01-17-2017, 11:10 PM
You guys are still defaulting to "nerf". That is falling back. Whenever possible, you want to advance. As I have already said, try to buff a few champs first. If that is not enough, then nerf her abilities a little (no more than one second increase to cool down) to find a comfortable middle.

There is no middle ground for Evie, she is either overpowered or useless.

The sole reason for this is because she doesn't have an effective counter.

firenzee
01-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Evie is balanced as it is. It requires good skills to player her properly, otherwise its a deadweight.
One mistake (a missplaced blink, or a flight in the wrong direction, even bad positioning) and she dies, that's her weakness.

tcrawford113
01-18-2017, 03:28 PM
There is no middle ground for Evie, she is either overpowered or useless.

The sole reason for this is because she doesn't have an effective counter.

I will tell you the same thing I tell people in political debate forums. There is ALWAYS a middle ground. FIND IT!!!

EmoElmo
01-18-2017, 03:55 PM
pfft she is very op . She can heal while she teleports . Wormhole gave her 2 blinks and she healed for 600 in a short 1 sec period... she can stay in ice block to wait for her cd. and poof shes gone. Seeing how you defend her . You're probably an eevie main.

Zeraphine
01-18-2017, 04:46 PM
pfft she is very op . She can heal while she teleports . Wormhole gave her 2 blinks and she healed for 600 in a short 1 sec period... she can stay in ice block to wait for her cd. and poof shes gone. Seeing how you defend her . You're probably an eevie main.

That's the point and i am tired of evie fans who deny the obvious all the time...

Kehehe
01-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Why are there 108 (Now 109) replies on this? All you have to do is scroll through the Balance Feedback and you'll see a lot of nerf posts. Most being Evie. She has gotten nerfed twice in the span of 4 patches. First you couldn't blink out of ice block and now they shortened her wormhole card. Just give it rest?

Panma
01-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Evie is balanced as it is. It requires good skills to player her properly, otherwise its a deadweight.
One mistake (a missplaced blink, or a flight in the wrong direction, even bad positioning) and she dies, that's her weakness.

Any no skill player is going to be awful. But even a mediocre Evie can still be a huge hindrance to the opposing team. Like Hero4Sale was talking about, she has so much mobility that all Evie needs to do is camp the enemy spawn, hit them when they ride out to get them off their horse, and leave. Rinse and repeat every five seconds.

Evie is broken. She doesn't do too much damage, she has too many opportunities to do damage. As people have mentioned, you can attack from literally every direction but under the ground and you can move very quickly. Drogoz can fly, sure, but he's basically an easy target in the air.

Every character has a balancing flaw. Evie's is her god-like mobility just like Androx has his god-like damage.

My personal recommendation to balance Evie is to slow down her Soar and increase the cooldown on her blink.

Krombo
01-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Why are there 108 (Now 109) replies on this? All you have to do is scroll through the Balance Feedback and you'll see a lot of nerf posts. Most being Evie. She has gotten nerfed twice in the span of 4 patches. First you couldn't blink out of ice block and now they shortened her wormhole card. Just give it rest?

because her wormhole gives her a no-risk-high-reward advantage over others and the short cooldown makes it 10 times more frustrating because if you play any champion with dps lower than hers then you can simply never kill a pro evie. did I also mention she has permanent 20% bonus damage?

firenzee
01-19-2017, 11:17 AM
Any no skill player is going to be awful. But even a mediocre Evie can still be a huge hindrance to the opposing team. Like Hero4Sale was talking about, she has so much mobility that all Evie needs to do is camp the enemy spawn, hit them when they ride out to get them off their horse, and leave. Rinse and repeat every five seconds.

Evie is broken. She doesn't do too much damage, she has too many opportunities to do damage. As people have mentioned, you can attack from literally every direction but under the ground and you can move very quickly. Drogoz can fly, sure, but he's basically an easy target in the air.

Every character has a balancing flaw. Evie's is her god-like mobility just like Androx has his god-like damage.

My personal recommendation to balance Evie is to slow down her Soar and increase the cooldown on her blink.

Evie has 1800 hp. Do you know what it takes to kill her?

Considering just the basic attacks, without any cards or items:
2 Sha lin arrows (3 seconds)
2 BK bombs (1.2 seconds)
3 Cassie bolts (2.25 seconds)
3 Androxus bullets (1.5 seconds)
12 Skye bolts (1.2 seconds)

Even a Makoa can hook and one-shot her most of the time.

Evie is a high stake champion, if you perform well you can carry a team but if you suck you will pretty much be a dead weight and screw the whole team. Like I've said, 2 seconds of inattention and you are down.

If you propose to TOUCH her mobility, then you got to at least improve her HP and damage.
To be honest I think Evie is one of the few balanced champions we have right now. Her style is pretty clear, her role as well, and the learning curve is steep as it should be.

EvieIV
01-19-2017, 11:28 AM

2 BK bombs (1.2 seconds)

Evie is a high stake champion, if you perform well you can carry a team but if you suck you will pretty much be a dead weight and screw the whole team. Like I've said, 2 seconds of inattention and you are down.

If you propose to TOUCH her mobility, then you got to at least improve her HP and damage.
To be honest I think Evie is one of the few balanced champions we have right now. Her style is pretty clear, her role as well, and the learning curve is steep as it should be.

in real time it's actually less cause those are the recharge times, aka doesn't mean they can't have it charged

2 shalin arrows 1.6sec
2 bk boms 0.9sec
3 cassie hits 1.6sec
3 andro hits 1.1sec
12 skye bolts 1.2 sec

Thundarkhat
01-19-2017, 06:58 PM

2 BK bombs (1.2 seconds)

The problem is, she's not as high stakes as she's made out to be. If you screw up as Evie, you have what? 3 outs? That's without cards. Her problem is she's to LOW STAKES. In the right hands, meaning those that have learned to play Evie.

She has a nice steep learning curve, which is great. If you play well, you should do well. If you screw up, you should die. That's not the case. If you screw up, you have to many chances to recover. Something needs to go, or she needs a direct counter Champ. As of now, there is not a direct counter for Evie.

tcrawford113
01-19-2017, 07:18 PM
The problem is, she's not as high stakes as she's made out to be. If you screw up as Evie, you have what? 3 outs? That's without cards. Her problem is she's to LOW STAKES. In the right hands, meaning those that have learned to play Evie.

She has a nice steep learning curve, which is great. If you play well, you should do well. If you screw up, you should die. That's not the case. If you screw up, you have to many chances to recover. Something needs to go, or she needs a direct counter Champ. As of now, there is not a direct counter for Evie.

I like this idea. Instead of Nerfing a character who has already been messed with, give her a nemesis.

Thundarkhat
01-19-2017, 08:02 PM
I like this idea. Instead of Nerfing a character who has already been messed with, give her a nemesis.

The only tweaking she really needs is with Blink and its related cards. Flicker and Wormhole need some adjustment. Evie doesn't need a heal. She has enough escapes, and enough resets, healing on top of that is just stupid.

I would like to see a new Frontliner, with a direct, hard counter to Evie.

Of the top of my head. A Spartan looking guy, round shield, spear launcher. Spears lock on to target in the air.

Cyneris
01-19-2017, 08:29 PM
As of now, there is not a direct counter for Evie.

She already has them (yep, more than one).

-Sha Lin: This depends more on the evie, but the majority of the time she has no choice if she wants to get to the back line. Charged Impaler arrow = Death.
-Makoa: Evie blinks in and out A LOT. It shouldn't take long to learn what that player's tendencies are. If you can't figure them out in more than a cap and conversion / cap and defense, then you probably shouldn't be complaining.
-Androxus: Damage. Damage. Damage. Even if you can't aim, all you have to do is nether step and float around at a medium distance. Rinse and repeat if you still haven't killed her. It makes is much harder for her to hit you.

Those are the three Evie counters. Of course, you could count Bomb King, but that's only if the player is good with him. Which it's not that easy to be a really good bomb king.
-Two sticks and she's dead.
-She iceblocks, throw stickies beneath her (Not at her. The ice block will immune it. You want them on the ground). If you can't react in time to blow them up when she breaks out and before she can blink/soar, you probably shouldn't be complaining.

Other parts like having too much mobility, yeah, she does have a little too much. But if her kit isn't changing, then increasing the cooldown on blink to anything over 5 seconds will kill her. Personally, waiting for the promised talent system, since it was teased that a possible talent for Evie will be the wormhole, may be the change that is needed. This is an inherent nerf because other characters may get an extra option, where she has to waste that option to keep what she currently has.

BurmaJones
01-19-2017, 09:29 PM

Watch out boys, we got an English teacher in here.

To be on topic: I think Evie is pretty strong, maybe she needs slight nerfs, but you have to have pretty good aim and a fairly slow-reaction-time opponent to at-will take enemies out in a couple rockets close range then fly out. As mentioned her projectile speed is pretty slow and she can get bursted down herself.

inb4 Evie avatar. I spam Tyra Banks, but can't choose her for an avatar for some reason.

ThatOthell159
01-19-2017, 11:24 PM
She already has them (yep, more than one). huhauheuhuh33

-Sha Lin: This depends more on the evie, but the majority of the time she has no choice if she wants to get to the back line. Charged Impaler arrow = Death. evie who attempts to kill shalin knowing that his impaler arrow is not on cooldown = retarded Evie player.
-Makoa: Evie blinks in and out A LOT. It shouldn't take long to learn what that player's tendencies are. If you can't figure them out in more than a cap and conversion / cap and defense, then you probably shouldn't be complaining. iceblock on the right time = 0 damage taken
-Androxus: Damage. Damage. Damage. Even if you can't aim, all you have to do is nether step and float around at a medium distance. Rinse and repeat if you still haven't killed her. It makes is much harder for her to hit you. Depends on skill, andro can kill evie and evie can kill andro

Those are the three Evie counters. Of course, you could count Bomb King, but that's only if the player is good with him. Which it's not that easy to be a really good bomb king.
-Two sticks and she's dead. good luck killing a competent evie player, you will never hit her.
-She iceblocks, throw stickies beneath her (Not at her. The ice block will immune it. You want them on the ground). If you can't react in time to blow them up when she breaks out and before she can blink/soar, you probably shouldn't be complaining. fly the other way

Other parts like having too much mobility, yeah, she does have a little too much. But if her kit isn't changing, then increasing the cooldown on blink to anything over 5 seconds will kill her. Personally, waiting for the promised talent system, since it was teased that a possible talent for Evie will be the wormhole, may be the change that is needed. This is an inherent nerf because other characters may get an extra option, where she has to waste that option to keep what she currently has.

/10charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kafka2017
01-20-2017, 04:26 AM
Evie seems like the Tracer of Paladins. High skilled, if you're good with her, you reck, if you're bad you're dead weight.

As a new player she seems fine to me.

ThatOthell159
01-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Evie seems like the Tracer of Paladins. High skilled, if you're good with her, you reck, if you're bad you're dead weight.

As a new player she seems fine to me.

Everyone says the same thing until they get rekt by a good Evie and realize that they can do nothing to counter it.

EvieIV
01-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Everyone says the same thing until they get rekt by a good Evie and realize that they can do nothing to counter it.

move away from the predictable shot area that you see coming for quite far away if she's not close to the point or smash her butt if she gets close to the point, she'll do 1k dmg to all of you but thats ok

ThatOthell159
01-20-2017, 01:11 PM
move away from the predictable shot area that you see coming for quite far away if she's not close to the point or smash her butt if she gets close to the point, she'll do 1k dmg to all of you but thats ok

Easier said than done. A good Evie will predict where the enemy will predict and adjust where she will shoot. That's the difference between a good Evie and a garbage one

EvieIV
01-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Easier said than done. A good Evie will predict where the enemy will predict and adjust where she will shoot. That's the difference between a good Evie and a garbage one

i can shoot a casie 5 miles away and stop looking at her to focus fire on someone else then receive the kill notification, but if you're far and they see you, it doesn't matter where the shoot goes but it won't land, and if you're close you might be in danger zone so

ThatOthell159
01-20-2017, 01:14 PM
i can shoot a casie 5 miles away and stop looking at her to focus fire on someone else then receive the kill notification, but if you're far and they see you, it doesn't matter where the shoot goes but it won't land, and if you're close you might be in danger zone so

You shouldn't fight them unless they're distracted, unless you are planning on suiciding.

EvieIV
01-20-2017, 01:16 PM
You shouldn't fight them unless they're distracted, unless you are planning on suiciding.

even if fighting others they might not be distracted if you get me. but anyway gettting kills off someone who's distracted ain't something to scream nerf for

ThatOthell159
01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
even if fighting others they might not be distracted if you get me. but anyway gettting kills off someone who's distracted ain't something to scream nerf for

Each to their own.

But either way I'll watch the inauguration now I'll talk to you later

Zeraphine
01-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Fact: Just her blink ability needs some kind of nerf. Higher cooldown or no healing while blinking because she can heal in iceblock already or just fly away.

Or another solution: a small delay while blinking and/or shortly showing the spot where she appears after blinking for the opponents.

Roster
01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
It's a card who give some heal to evie in iceblock or when she blink....not her ability

PTLagger
01-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Healing with Blink, Iceblock? Cauterize destroy it (don't ask me why, even I see enemy team has no support but 1 Evie with this build, I will go with Cauterize)
Mobility nerf? Lol nope, they said in devstream is that all Evie have is mobility with short CD, they can't take away those kit

JewelThief1
01-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Agree with EvieIV, Evie should not be nerfed. Evie's blink has a red trail so the enemy can see where she went, and can chase her and Evie can't take much damage. Skye's smoke cloud hides her completely and Skye has fast firing bolts she can spray compared to Evie's slow moving missile that can be dodged.
Why is Evie stuck with ballistics while Cassie, Sha Lin, Androxus have click on 'immediate hit'? Who's to blame for this bad design? What a crock.

rixinthemix
01-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Mobility nerf? Lol nope, they said in devstream js that all Evie have is mobility with short CD, they can't take away those kit

Load of bull.
They took away Ruckus's hover, they took away Grover's melee shenanigans, and they nerfed Jolt BKs.
Hirez gaveth, and Hirez taketh away.

KatangExKanari
01-26-2017, 06:18 AM
i read carefully all the comment pro and cons evie, and still i can only picture this is godlike evie vs nooblike player situation

i asume we all already know bugzy, recently he's using evie many time in his video, even he's not the best evie in the world but i think we all agree he's skill using evie is above avarage good evie.

in some video even bugzy have a lot miss shot agains enemy who's can random zig zag jump, and you claim the evie you always meet has 100% accuracy, if you already meet that's evie, i dare to say his skill already beyond godlike or you dont know how to dodge

about wormhole all good evie using wormhole to chip damage or to scout if he deciede to kill he will not using wormhole, and if evie not usng wormhole you have same chance to kill her except nooblike player who even dont know when someone shoot him from behind, you can notice if she coming from sound or red line her teleport skill

mostly damage need 3 hit to kill, and good damage always take defend card to counter who's threat more to him not blindly pick haven just because enemy has ruckus and viktor, if evie decieded to fight (not using wormhole) if she miss 1 shot she already as good as dead, she will try to runaway using soar or take risk to kill, except she agains noob player who's dont know how to aim

if she decieded to runaway positioing yourself to counter her, not waiting her coming to kill you, you not playing alone you can read mostly situation from your teamate, example if your flank take right route if hes die you know enemy there and you must take extra caution to that route, if he killed enemy you know that route is safe for few second so you can positioing yourself to focus left side and mid

iceblock is gamble skill if she using it right she can avoid 1 shoot from enemy, but if he using it wrong it just make enemy take a breath and positioning himself and some situation can make his reinforcment arrive, even skilled player like bugzy often make wrong decision to using iceblock, and you claim all evie you meet using iceblock properly, if he can do that i think he;s skill already beyond godlike

EvieIV
01-26-2017, 09:44 AM
i read carefully all the comment pro and cons evie, and still i can only picture this is godlike evie vs nooblike player situation

i asume we all already know bugzy, recently he's using evie many time in his video, even he's not the best evie in the world but i think we all agree he's skill using evie is above avarage good evie.

in some video even bugzy have a lot miss shot agains enemy who's can random zig zag jump, and you claim the evie you always meet has 100% accuracy, if you already meet that's evie, i dare to say his skill already beyond godlike or you dont know how to dodge

about wormhole all good evie using wormhole to chip damage or to scout if he deciede to kill he will not using wormhole, and if evie not usng wormhole you have same chance to kill her except nooblike player who even dont know when someone shoot him from behind, you can notice if she coming from sound or red line her teleport skill

mostly damage need 3 hit to kill, and good damage always take defend card to counter who's threat more to him not blindly pick haven just because enemy has ruckus and viktor, if evie decieded to fight (not using wormhole) if she miss 1 shot she already as good as dead, she will try to runaway using soar or take risk to kill, except she agains noob player who's dont know how to aim

if she decieded to runaway positioing yourself to counter her, not waiting her coming to kill you, you not playing alone you can read mostly situation from your teamate, example if your flank take right route if hes die you know enemy there and you must take extra caution to that route, if he killed enemy you know that route is safe for few second so you can positioing yourself to focus left side and mid

iceblock is gamble skill if she using it right she can avoid 1 shoot from enemy, but if he using it wrong it just make enemy take a breath and positioning himself and some situation can make his reinforcment arrive, even skilled player like bugzy often make wrong decision to using iceblock, and you claim all evie you meet using iceblock properly, if he can do that i think he;s skill already beyond godlike

i mean not to be offended but bugzy is not someone you should look at for the words "great evie", he makes way too many mistakes as a comparison to his drogoz performances

KatangExKanari
01-26-2017, 09:02 PM
i mean not to be offended but bugzy is not someone you should look at for the words "great evie", he makes way too many mistakes as a comparison to his drogoz performances

what i mean bugzy standart is high enough for everyday good evie we meet, i dont wann to make standart using perfect evie because its rare enough to meet one, we dont meet so called great evie or perfect evie for everyday queue, every good evie like bugzy make same mistake, same miss shot

if every evie you meet is so called great evie i think you lucky enough because i believe there less then 5% player who can play like that

astroASMR
01-30-2017, 11:57 PM
the dev team is mind boggling stupid it makes me want to cry

i just fought evie with tyra and we all know her reload is garbage, her recoil is horrid, and automatic rifles SEEM deadly (hence why people whine about viktor being op) but realistically for it to be damaging it needs to hit the enemy constantly for the dps to stack up i.e they need to take the hits repeatedly to sustain any realistic damage

now if evie blinks about a billion times, please tell me how is that remotely fair? i just had my team (that weren't bad) all get obliterated with the blink blink blink blink (oh and i hear blinking card also helps in healing) so i say WHAT THE FARK!!!???!!!

i died so many times because i don't know if she'll reblink to her original spot or shoot me from behind, the speed was so fast when i got shot in the back i saw the blink trail beside me as I died, no time to react. I've gotten close to killing her then try to finish her with a grenade launcher then bam blinks away. If she's blinks are exhausted, flies away like a pussy, easy escape just like buck. OR once in a full moon she is close to dead. Ice block

wow just WOW. What do i do there? if timed right and the evie is stupid you can wait it out then shoot them. But invincibility to shooting if done properly (eg. androxus) you die before you can even see them come out of the ability (in this case 'ice block') OR they just blink away

I remember watching old youtube videos from the official paladins channel and they nerfed her "blink within iceblock" move

seriously?? stop nerfing and buffing the wrong characters and when you do its done very badly. You replaced that with constantly blinking?

EvieIV
01-31-2017, 12:39 AM
the dev team is mind boggling stupid it makes me want to cry

i just fought evie with tyra and we all know her reload is garbage, her recoil is horrid, and automatic rifles SEEM deadly (hence why people whine about viktor being op) but realistically for it to be damaging it needs to hit the enemy constantly for the dps to stack up i.e they need to take the hits repeatedly to sustain any realistic damage

now if evie blinks about a billion times, please tell me how is that remotely fair? i just had my team (that weren't bad) all get obliterated with the blink blink blink blink (oh and i hear blinking card also helps in healing) so i say WHAT THE FARK!!!???!!!

i died so many times because i don't know if she'll reblink to her original spot or shoot me from behind, the speed was so fast when i got shot in the back i saw the blink trail beside me as I died, no time to react. I've gotten close to killing her then try to finish her with a grenade launcher then bam blinks away. If she's blinks are exhausted, flies away like a pussy, easy escape just like buck. OR once in a full moon she is close to dead. Ice block

wow just WOW. What do i do there? if timed right and the evie is stupid you can wait it out then shoot them. But invincibility to shooting if done properly (eg. androxus) you die before you can even see them come out of the ability (in this case 'ice block') OR they just blink away

I remember watching old youtube videos from the official paladins channel and they nerfed her "blink within iceblock" move

seriously?? stop nerfing and buffing the wrong characters and when you do its done very badly. You replaced that with constantly blinking?

stop reviving dead posts like abiggot and use this

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?24991-January-Rant-Thread

like forreal i'm getting annoyed of you, you suck i understand you get mad for it, but go rant on the rant thread