PDA

View Full Version : Lower the dmg on all supports

LinkAkward
12-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Hello.
Alot of people are gonna go nuts about this but here we go.

Iv played this game ALOT now. got over 300+ hours on steam and alot from standalone client.
iv been thinking about why the hell do supports have that kind of dmg/power.
its time to be real here!

A support is suppose to be healing aiding the team! not go on solo kill missions!
so my suggestion is to lower the dmg on all supports.

They are suppose to heal. not be able to kill a Makoa/Fernando by themself.

Wallachia
12-29-2016, 05:58 AM
Well, Grover himself already deals too little damage.

But then again, if we remove damage from the equation of supports, we will end up with very crappy healers, tbh, and restrain people who like to play offensive support. Also, I think that only a very skilled support can kill a Fernando by himself.

But I agree with you that Pip is too offensive as a support and should be reworked to allow better healing.

EvieIV
12-29-2016, 06:03 AM
their damage is already lower
they are meant to beat frontlines cause they can have a sustained fight against them while frontlines don't excel at bursting people down. for example no matter how much damage has fernando done if he opens up his shield to gain some time the support will fully heal, except if the fernando has gone full ham on him in which case i don't see how a support alone can defeat fernando

if you take away their damage while cauterize is 90% you will have someone that will not heal and will not do any damage, they already have limited range so it's fair that they do the damage they do. Ying also has the worst weapon dps of the game

LinkAkward
12-29-2016, 06:05 AM
Na i think in general all healers/supports sould be nearfed in dmg. cuz they are not made to deal dmg.
they are made to heal/support the team. they can still support with low dmg. doing the finishing blow.
But my point is. a solo maniac Ying like myself who can deal with 3 good players solo. is nuts.
Pip who can tbh! kill the whole team just jumping around with spash dmg and combo hit dmg.
Grover is maybe the nibblies one. and hes good imo. ( kinda hate him anyway )

Maldamba ( the master of fking stun ) hes dmg isent the best. but perma stun and he can kill anyone.
Grokh. where do you want me to start? i where able to kill and keep 4 of the enemies at spawn! high dmg fast totem heal. ( and this is competitive )

this is a big issue. there sould not be any offencive supports tho to the fact that they are supports. not dmg dealer.
we got that alrdy. now change them to supports.

LinkAkward
12-29-2016, 06:07 AM
Ying also has the worst weapon dps of the game
You kidding right? when i play ying on my rage days. i end up with around 80-100k dmg.
and if i keep both illusions up at all time next to me. its no way im going down.

Wallachia
12-29-2016, 06:09 AM
That's because the whole concept of team healers started in Team Fortress, back when it was just a Quakeworld mod. Their damage wasn't high compared to offensive classes, but they could sustain a great fight. Try playing TFC or TF2 as Medic and you will see what I'm talking about.

"Oh, but this is Paladins".

Ok, even if you choose to disconsider what I just said (please don't, I put love in my words), the truth is that in reality, supports are more durable than tanks, because they can heal themselves faster than the tanks can self-heal/self-shield. Get the best healer of Paladins and deal him enough damage to outheal him. Apply it to any tank and you will notice none of them would survive either.

Supports have to be able to hold their own in a fight, even if they run away (which is the wisest choice). With cauterize and when under attack, they are just dead weight, even with their current damage. Nerfing them would just turn the entire game strategy into "protect the healer!".

EvieIV
12-29-2016, 06:10 AM
if people can't deal with you on a 3v1 it means they should stop playing.
supports can support, and being a threat to the damage guy up close is a way to support your team. how to kill a support as a damage champion? from out of his range. pretty simple. i repeat again if you nerf the damage on supports what will they do? once you have cauterize they won't heal either, so why would you bother picking a support when a viktor would do more than them?

LinkAkward
12-29-2016, 06:23 AM
first of all. i do read all that you guys are saying. and i taking it in

Well sure. a ttly dmgless supp is useless.
but we all know that the items in this game is slightly broken/off and need a mayor fix or change.
But ima stick to my opinion about they sould lower the dmg abit. ( maybe not 50% ) but lower their dmg around 5%-10% to start with. and if im wrong. change it back. cuz i think the game will be better like that..

Have in mind. this is my personal opinion! and im not an expert or anything, not even a pro player.
so everything im saying comes from my experience from playing Paladins. and im not here to offend anyone or trying to make/start any drama

EvieIV
12-29-2016, 06:25 AM
trust me support's an already underpowered class as it is

Wallachia
12-29-2016, 06:29 AM
LinkAkward is being polite to me. I guess I'm not saying stupid things then :P

What I'm saying is my opinion summed with my experience from other games. A low damage support must have high healing input. The problem is that high healing input means that the support can outlive tanks in many situations. This is true for both FPS games, like TF2, where the Medic can almost always outlive the Heavy, who is some sort of tank, and in MMORPGs like Perfect World, DC Universe and Champions Online, supports that have a lot of healing outlive tanks in ALL situations, except 1-hit-kills.

I'm not saying you are -wrong- in your request, as I can be wrong too, but from what I have experienced, nerfing support's damage would require their healing to be higher, and that would enable them to play minitanks as well.

TriggerSmile
12-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Support have that much too damage can help in fight and they don't have damage comparable to the damage and flank classes. Jesus do you want every support to be like Mercy or Zenyatta pick one, I appreciate the Support ability to contribute in the team fight, that what this game is suppose to be, right? And even fight some people to want to fight differently the card system cane enable them to have kind of style.
Last time I checked Paladins have a card system that enables people to play whatever style they wish too have. but due to the current card system they have, only a few champion can have a variety of playing styles.

cough* Flanknando cough*

sinosleep
12-29-2016, 10:24 AM
LMFAO. And people wonder why the devs miss the good threads.

kcstar
12-29-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't mind if they lower the damage on healers, that being said... then they have to remove the self-heal on almost any hero because... they are supposed to deal damage and not to sustain on their own. Simple as that.

LoboSora
12-29-2016, 11:25 AM
They are "suports" they aren't "healers".

They are not White Mages from JRPGs. Part of being a support is also dealing damage to take down damagers in the heat of the fight.

They damage is balanced for that, to support other attacking teammates. Paladins is already in a CS path with a deathmatch mindset. If Healers were to be nerfed in damage they would never be played again.

ForteBas
01-05-2017, 07:08 AM
I do agree that most of the healers should have their dps nerfed (ofc their should be a dps support champ as the different champs all should have different functions/uses in all situations)
with that being said.... I feel like all the healers should have more ways to support! not more ways to damage... take away Yings shatter ability, why would anyone want to stop Yings heals to deal a bit of damage to a tank, the illusions will almost always be near the point healing your tanks and if shattered will usually aim for the other team tanks, which will usually resulting in little to no damage assuming they have a shield active. Okay now, let's think support! what else could shatter do? maybe a small instant aoe heal that also provides a small shield that last for a few seconds, maybe it provides an aoe heal and a minor speed boost, maybe it could increase allies attacks % as their being healed for a short time. Why not make supports more supportive.
How about Grohk, does anyone even use his ball of energy that he shoots out? hell no wtf? worse than Andros right click ffs! How about shooting your team with electrical energy that makes it so everytime he is hit it deals damage to his attackers and slows/stuns them? that's supportive!
How about MalDamba, his constant stun combined with 2 milisecond reload speed is just dumb B.S.! how about it poisons when it bites someone, also his right click heal is very un-effective considering how much precision it requires! Every other healer as an EZ aoe heal ability that heals for a substantial amount, how about Maldambas right-click target heal, does a heal over time? and buffs your friends defence or attack, depending on the card you chose, mauby even gives a shield for a couple of seconds? there are soooo many ways to make Healers way more viable while not making them dps like every other champ in the game!

sinosleep
01-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Yeah let's take characters that are already rendered useless by cauterize half way through a match and take more from them. Because that makes sense.

Vinayaka
01-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Yeah let's take characters that are already rendered useless by cauterize half way through a match and take more from them. Because that makes sense.

Ahah so true.

TreantProtector
01-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Na i think in general all healers/supports sould be nearfed in dmg. cuz they are not made to deal dmg.
they are made to heal/support the team. they can still support with low dmg. doing the finishing blow.
But my point is. a solo maniac Ying like myself who can deal with 3 good players solo. is nuts.
Pip who can tbh! kill the whole team just jumping around with spash dmg and combo hit dmg.
Grover is maybe the nibblies one. and hes good imo. ( kinda hate him anyway )

Maldamba ( the master of fking stun ) hes dmg isent the best. but perma stun and he can kill anyone.
Grokh. where do you want me to start? i where able to kill and keep 4 of the enemies at spawn! high dmg fast totem heal. ( and this is competitive )

this is a big issue. there sould not be any offencive supports tho to the fact that they are supports. not dmg dealer.
we got that alrdy. now change them to supports.

you know the item resilience right ? yes forcing enemy to buy resilience is not fun and annoying, but better than permastun right ?
and grohk heal is great, but dont you think that totem easily destroyed ? if no one destroy that totem then please stop play competitive

TreantProtector
01-05-2017, 09:53 AM
let me copy paste two of my fav quote :)

They are "suports" they aren't "healers". (LoboSora)

Yeah let's take characters that are already rendered useless by cauterize half way through a match and take more from them. Because that makes sense. (sinosleep)

Krigmary
01-05-2017, 02:26 PM

This is the internet, if something isn't complete crap, you can just wait that someone will complain that it's op and needs a nerf.

OP, learn to play and don't get salty because supports are killing you, they are fine as it is.

zVersee
01-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Lemme just grab my support then an.. whoops - seems like 4 of them went cauterize. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Krigmary
01-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Lemme just grab my support then an.. whoops - seems like 4 of them went cauterize. Oh well... :rolleyes:

At least we can kill them...oh oops...they nerfed the damage of all supports...oh welll...

:P