PDA

View Full Version : Ying nerfed, weak and dissapearing from the battleground

Gzero0
12-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Hello, Im a Ying main or at least I was before this last patch. I want to share with you my experience with the heroe to get some advices. (My lvl with Ying is 12)
At the beggining she was a pretty normal champ used in game but now I dont see her that much. You could say that she appears in 1 or 2 of 10 games. I feel like she was nerfed, she is a piece of papper that get shot/hit 3 times or less and dies, also her illusions get killed really quick. It isnt fun to play her right now as she is so easily killed and her skills dont really helps in battle.
I find myself only useful when I activeted her ult + illusions so as to heal more life in a fast way as her damage and mobility are pretty dumb and kinda short ranged for a a ranged class. She was the most OP support in game so she obviously need to be nerfed but now she is... weak, I mean it. You depend on all your team mates to win because you dont do anything important in game really, not even playing with the team. Ying is just there healing not that much life and doing not that much dmg while her life and defense makes her be killed by everybody.
She needs more mobility, more life OR more defense. As a support she doesnt work nicely and isnt balanced at all. She is like an ant in the battleground easily killed and without good support skills (mobility, good heals, Resistance/def... dmg is out of the discussion, it would be nice for her to do more but it just isnt her role in game).
So thats what I think, I managed to win some games but I really dont feel like Im doing the best I could to help my team mates. Thanks for reading :) and thanks for advices!!!

Knightenstein
12-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Place your illusion carefully and strategically so you can go teleport in and out between illusions.
Ying does some really nice damage suprisingly. So you can use Wrecker or Cauterize with her.
You would DEFINITELY need Haven or Blast Shields to last longer to heal more.

Perhaps experiment with a build like this so it can make up for her nerfs?
http://image.prntscr.com/image/76dfba148cd54dc592a9db44b7e6d8fe.png

More illusion health means they last longer. They can take more hits means they can heal more and die less when chasing targets to go kaboom. More illusion duration once again means more heals and more teleportations for you.
Her Shatter does a lot of damage like Drogoz spit.

As a healer you must know...
Healing alone isn't enough. Sometimes the enemy does too much damage to outheal. So if your team doesn't kill the enemy enough you won't be healing much.
Ying's illusions don't pick specific targets to heal. But makes a really good healer regardless. Especially of squishies.

KicksBrickster
12-28-2016, 11:41 PM
Ying's strength comes from not only being a support. Healing is easily countered in this game. If they buy cauterize and shoot your illusions, you're screwed as a healer.

So, what's the solution? Maybe that surprisingly high damage that she's got. If you're busy shooting them while they're countering your healing, you can actually prevent them from countering you effectively. I also suggest all but forgetting Dimensional Link unless you really need it (it's a great flanker counter, not much else).

I usually get first or second damage and top healing easily with this strategy. Ying is surprisingly capable.

RogueRifler
12-29-2016, 12:12 AM
Given the state of cauterize, all support classes have to bring something to the table other than healing. All other supports have a slow / debuff. Ying has damage, she has the highest single target damage of a support (outside of grover at a certain range).

I think the most under utilized combo in her kit is Rewind (the card) and Dimensional Link. You can use this to immediately replace your clones if they are destroyed during a fight. Furthermore with either Brittle I + Chronos 1 or Brittle II you can chain Shatter. That is Shatter -> clones explode -> Dimensional Link 3x (gets your clones back) -> Shatter. If you add Spring Forward I to this you can chain shatter 2 times during a Dimensional Link. This is 3k+ aoe damage (if you start with two clones out and shatter) on top of two auto attacks that you can get off when the clones are shattering (2.5s countdown to explode).

I am currently running Brittle I, Spring Forward I, Carry On II, Rewind IV, and Efficiency IV with an initial buy of chronos and I am quite pleased with how that's working. I've gotten quad kills (almost all solo kills) and >100k damage without any major sacrifice to healing.

ThatOthell159
12-29-2016, 12:36 AM
Ying is a viable healer because even if her heals get neutralized by Cauterize she still has tons of damage.

Quinzella
12-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Hello, I am a Ying main as well with my current level being at a 7 and It's all about how you play her! I understand your frustrations, but have you tried any new loadouts? You can create lots that buff her illusions, healing and damage. I have been able to last an entire round without a single death and the entire enemy team got so annoyed. I use a loadout i named ''Illusionary'' that benefits a lot of my illusions which i primary use for defense. They are very good for defenses once you buff them! After shattering, they deal 500 damage to all players in an AOE. It's very lovely. Be beside your team as best as possible! She is definitely not good alone, though you can very well slay people by yourself she is mainly an assist champion. Keep your team a live as best as possible, as long as you are discrete about placing your illusions either when your team is keeping the enemy team distracted or in a corner away from main fire, you will be able to continuously heal your teammates. A loadout i may recommend for you is Increasing the health of your illusions as well as their speed when you activate shatter. Decrease your cooldown on shatter and illusion and be very quick. Continuously run and keep those illusions coming! In panic mode, they will be your best defense and savior.

Quinzella
12-29-2016, 12:46 AM
Ying's strength comes from not only being a support. Healing is easily countered in this game. If they buy cauterize and shoot your illusions, you're screwed as a healer.

So, what's the solution? Maybe that surprisingly high damage that she's got. If you're busy shooting them while they're countering your healing, you can actually prevent them from countering you effectively. I also suggest all but forgetting Dimensional Link unless you really need it (it's a great flanker counter, not much else).

I usually get first or second damage and top healing easily with this strategy. Ying is surprisingly capable.

I agree with your dimensional link, it's very good in case your illusions are gone and you're waiting on cool down, your illusions death point leaves a small dimensional window in it's place. Doesn't matter where you press F unless you're aiming for the spot of a currently living illusion, just press it in case you are on the brink of death and cannot outrun an enemy. Most of the time, you'll be teleported just far away enough to confuse the enemy and find a place to hide and heal. I actually never used that skill until the game where i didn't die at all, and it was because i used this flank to outrun death.

ChaosAnimagic
12-29-2016, 12:48 AM
Still better than Grohk treatment.

Quinzella
12-29-2016, 12:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/azwix0x.png
Here is my main loadout, i'v been meaning to tweak some of her loadouts for a while, but this one has been the best for me

EvieIV
12-29-2016, 01:44 AM
Place your illusion carefully and strategically so you can go teleport in and out between illusions.
Ying does some really nice damage suprisingly. So you can use Wrecker or Cauterize with her.

More illusion health means they last longer. They can take more hits means they can heal more and die less when chasing targets to go kaboom. More illusion duration once again means more heals and more teleportations for you.

Healing alone isn't enough. Sometimes the enemy does too much damage to outheal. So if your team doesn't kill the enemy enough you won't be healing much.
Ying's illusions don't pick specific targets to heal. But makes a really good healer regardless. Especially of squishies.

please don't bother going fracture, and you don't always need 4 points on both squadron and carry on
i'd recommend spring bloom at least rank 3. carry on 2 and squadron depends on enemy comp
if fighting mal'damba squadron 4 will make him need 4 shots unless the bug has been fixed
if fighting drogoz and such make it squadron 3
if fighting casie/barik don't bother getting it and invest on some other cards. for me i use the one to increase dimensional link's duration so that i can make 4 illusions shatter

Extryse
12-29-2016, 04:59 AM
Hello, Im a Ying main or at least I was before this last patch. I want to share with you my experience with the heroe to get some advices. (My lvl with Ying is 12)
At the beggining she was a pretty normal champ used in game but now I dont see her that much. You could say that she appears in 1 or 2 of 10 games. I feel like she was nerfed, she is a piece of papper that get shot/hit 3 times or less and dies, also her illusions get killed really quick. It isnt fun to play her right now as she is so easily killed and her skills dont really helps in battle.
I find myself only useful when I activeted her ult + illusions so as to heal more life in a fast way as her damage and mobility are pretty dumb and kinda short ranged for a a ranged class. She was the most OP support in game so she obviously need to be nerfed but now she is... weak, I mean it. You depend on all your team mates to win because you dont do anything important in game really, not even playing with the team. Ying is just there healing not that much life and doing not that much dmg while her life and defense makes her be killed by everybody.
She needs more mobility, more life OR more defense. As a support she doesnt work nicely and isnt balanced at all. She is like an ant in the battleground easily killed and without good support skills (mobility, good heals, Resistance/def... dmg is out of the discussion, it would be nice for her to do more but it just isnt her role in game).
So thats what I think, I managed to win some games but I really dont feel like Im doing the best I could to help my team mates. Thanks for reading :) and thanks for advices!!!

I'm a ying main too and I think that ying is still too OP, yes too op.
First of all she is the best one for heal team mates
you said she has few mobility, well I'm not a master ying but I saw also other player that with dimensional link can stay alive for a lot of time ( is very difficult do something like this cause you need to place illusions in good places ), she has a great life and makes also a very good damage for a support.... so I think there's nothing to change for her

Gzero0
12-30-2016, 07:50 PM
thank you all for the quick reply :D I´ll definitely try those builds!

TheMikirog
12-31-2016, 04:02 AM
Everytime time, no literally, every single time I see a Ying player on the opposite team, two things might happen.
1) She is going to spam her primary, not healing teammates and pretty much being an annoyance rather than an obstacle from completing the objective
2) Extremely good Ying players that will always be defended by their teammates, and as such, getting a lot of "Best Support Champion" awards on the forums.

Ying is the hardest champion to find a build for. With other champions it's simple because they have a couple of basic mechanics to learn. With Ying, illusions are really diverse, which is a good thing. But having this champion from the start makes this game look way too complicated for newer players, especially with so much things for her to do. I still can't escape properly with her Dimensional Link. I still can't find a good build for her and using "stolen" ones make me wonder for what playstyle these were intended.

So I see a die hard split among Ying players. Either too good or too bad. I see her as, balanced. Just play well and keep searching these builds. You might get there eventually. I didn't. And I don't feel bad for it.

ForteBas
01-05-2017, 06:44 AM
I feel like her Illusions heal for a little too much, only because their healing doesn't require any skill from the player.
I will say though, her teleport to illusion ability should be fixed asap, too many times have I been killed after I teleported to safety, this has infuriated me to the point of me rarely playing her, just teleporting to a safe area only to die half a second later because the game registered that I got hit instead of my illusion sad sad angry times.

ProGravity
01-05-2017, 09:55 AM
while the auto-aiming is a great help early, as soon as people get cauterize it turns into a big weakness

the ying clones target the teammate with lowest HP, except that teammate is most likely being shot at and cauterized, so ying's healing is being wasted (and there's nothing you can do to redirect it except putting an illusion out of that player's sight)

Wallachia
01-05-2017, 09:57 AM

I'm quoting this specifically to use this deck in my Ying. Thanks a bunch.

SubAtom1C
01-05-2017, 11:12 AM
ying should totally be buffed she is so bad omg http://i.imgur.com/noUvFuw.jpg