PDA

View Full Version : Skye Needs Jesus

ArisingHero
12-26-2016, 08:28 PM
So after playing more than 20+ hours literally devoted 2 days of nonstop playing of Skye to get her to diamond. It has been impossible to do so ever since her significant health decrease. i literally have won and lost the next match. So i have not increased any ranking still can't break 3700. Shes so close to the borderline of death that its nerfed her to the point where she can't do enough in competitive. Skye needs more base movement speed and lower based cooldowns and possibly 1900 health to give her higher chances of survival. I say this because, Evie, Buck and Androx have less deaths then Skye and even higher survival chances. Evie can do well at low health because, she can attack at further ranges then Skye can. Another way to balance Skye is keep her health the same but increase base movement speed and lower the damage fall off so she can do max damage at farther range and escape. Getting so close to someone as the only way to kill them risks escaping successfully. You see what im saying? Skye need to get close to kill but, stealth is pointless in close combat since they can see u at close range and then with the very low health decreases survival chance even greater. You see, i think we have too many people complaining about Skye being op when she never was. Please hirez make Skye more viable. i love her as a character and i want to see her to have a stronger presence to keep her in competitive.

Izekio
12-26-2016, 10:47 PM
As a Skye main in competitive. I must say you are wrong. In fact I have been doing better. Their is less RNG in her aim now. Yeah the hp nerf is annoying but they also nerf Cassie and Androxous damage to be the same amount of shots to kill you. In fact I am almost to master now due to this patch.

Shalashaska87B
12-27-2016, 04:15 AM
It also highly depends on the enemy team: if they are skilled enough, your Skye will have bad times dealing with them. On the contrary, if they are all focused elsewhere you will slain every single foe standing.

Arcie
12-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Hmmm... Stop picking characters with a complete disregard for Team Composition? Just a thought!

OzzyOzzy
12-28-2016, 01:44 PM
The HP nerf is the only thing rubbing off me with Skye, but overall she got buffed, a thing she DESPERATELY needed 5 patches AGO.

If anything, make her hp buff to 1850 or 1900, cause i always thought it fitting Evie having the lowest HP in Paladins.

TheMikirog
12-28-2016, 01:59 PM
The only I see wrong with Skye is her Smoke Bomb.
It was supposed to hide teammates inside and obscure enemies vission, right?
This effect should be more nottcable.
There's no point at throwing this bomb on the point or to make killing certain aware champions easier.
Everything else seems to be pretty ok. The lack of health isn't bothering me too much.

SubjectToChangePLDNS
12-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Skye needs much cleanup work and THEN some mobility changes to be viable without completely reworking her.
First should be the little easy fixes to increase her quality of life:
- Smokescreen reveals yourself/allies because of DoT-dmg applied before the cloud even appeared. That's bullshit and shouldn't happen.
Maybe the devs could also take a look at the cloud's see-through behavior in general.

- Reveal abilities (-> Cassie Ult, Tyra Hunter's Mark) should get a balance pass. The way they are on live offer NO counterplay whatsoever (well u at least you can stop Cassie's by killing her but not so Tyra's wtf...)
NO permareveal but instead highlight targets in intervals, like a sonar y'know. Also I REALLY hope Tyra's ability to mark enemies IN BUSH AND STEALTH AT ANY RANGE is an unintended bug or else Hi-Rez really rustled my jimmies...

-Illuminate should get moved out of the defense column because forcing tye decision between Haven/Blast Shields and Illum leaves Hi-Rez no other choice but to make it HELLA OP in order to be a justifiably buy instead of real defense.
If it's not in defense anymore there could always be one designated Stealth spotter who bought the card but would still have access to Haven/BS.
I believe there should be intruduced a fifth item category for "reactionary" items which would then be split up from the attack category which could then contain actual offensive items.
Imagine a "what aspects of the enemy teamcomp are giving me trouble?" category:
Bulldozer, Wrecker, Cauterize, Illuminate.
Attack category:
Aggression (Hopefully reworked), Deft Hands, another card (let's tentatively call it PRECISION) that increases the dmg-falloff distance where applicable and the flightspeed for projectile weapons, thus also the max range for weapons with gravitationnal dropoff), and a fourth card which I can't be bothered devising now lol.)
I guess the defense category would need one more card too in that case. Maybe an overshield fueled by dmg done?
...yeah anyway the Item system needs some looking at and separating Illuminate from the real defense items would enable Hi-Rez to tone it down to an actually balanced state or else it would remain an unhealthy "win more/lose more" item (+25->75% or +30->90% if it were to remain at 200cr base)
I think I'll flesh out the 5 column Items idea some more in the coming days. Suggestions well appreciated!

- her weapon shouldn't automatically shoot at MAX SPREAD while airborne anymore.
She's the flanker with the least effective range and the least in-combat survivability so she should be allowed to try and avoid some counterfire by jumping while firing amd not be penalised for that.
I think it would even work if she had double spread in the air (=2%/bullet which was her pre-OB40 spread) but instant max spread is just too crippling considering IMO.
It's understandable if someone like viktor with his bigass rifle gets shaken from the recoil without solid ground under his feet but c'mon how much recoil could a couple darts have when the whole crossbow is probably 2kg at max so it could even be justified thematically.

MaikeruSan
12-29-2016, 08:05 PM
I think Skye should be balanced. O.k give her more HP, but nerf that damn shooting speed!
It is anoying! Androxus suffered as hell. If you play Skye you can kill Androxus quite easy!
His single shot deals more damage than Skyes single one, that is true, but Skyes automatic
against a revolver? If she is bit faar then the 3 shot doesn't hit her at all.
High mobility, high shooting speed, smoke, poison and her ultimate (which is OVERPOWERED AS F*CK!).
She is the strongest flank champion. That's my option. Her ultimate is planted and deals toooooons of DMG.
Androxus? Each ulti shot 1000 and harder to deal the same amount of dmg and to the same number of enemies is
just impossible.
Today I ran into cheaters and f*ck those, all using Skye. No aim and yet killed us as if we were paperman!!!
Flank just isn't fun anymore. If you play Androxus the chances against Skye aren't fair. + if the enemy team has
Sha Lin as my enemies today? Get prepared for 0 fun from the game! If Skye doesn't catch you, then you'll get roasted by Sha Lin for sure....

SubjectToChangePLDNS
12-30-2016, 05:06 AM
Hate to break it to you brah but you just made a TOTAL ass iut if yourself xD
If you keep getting caught by a Skye as Androxus you're just not using his abilities properly sry.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZpk4E1lMiC_xONB7acZrkqPu4PfeFA9z0GNN2L-O4MDIZ2Q/viewanalytics
Look at the charts man. Especially Skye vs Androxus ;)
Really, I mean no offense, but you obviously don't play Skye yourself and/or are new to shooter games.
Just play her for a while and you'll realize all her flaws and be able to play around them :)
Stop calling Skye OP, It's for your own good

astroASMR
12-30-2016, 06:04 AM
Hmmm... Stop picking characters with a complete disregard for Team Composition? Just a thought!

the game has problems if you need to tell people how to play,

gamer: "duh i'm losing alot in street fighter with dhalsim"
solution: "duh don't choose him then"

nice one buddy, whats the point of a character if you have to tell them not to use them? paladins is like street fighter with top tier characters i.e unbalanced, whereas in tekken ANYONE can win. It depends on your play style and tactics

In this? the androxus player saying skye is op, please, ANDROXUS is the op bastard, please remove the following mechanics, stun/invincibility. Anything that strip away your ability to damage (androxus/evie) them OR strips away YOUR control (mal'damba/shalin/bombking) is idiotic. Take 'dark serpents' move of mal'damba, do you know how much rage would there be, say if you were playing 'counterstrike' then suddenly someone does a move where you run into walls out of your control like someone hacked into your computer giving them a free kill??

anyhoo, 1v1 on androxus front on i'm at a disadvantage if the enemy hits me with every shot, which let me tell you, pros rarely miss, if they do the last shot always kills, if i manage to flank them and they're close to dead they go 'jazz hands' then comes out of the move and 1 shot I'm dead. There's a glitch in the invincibility mechanics that people can come out and shoot you EVEN if you're shooting them with an automatic weapon non stop (no reloading). Seriously? there's a big enough gap to come out and kill me whilst i'm STILL shooting you?

skye is now really watered down, EXAMPLE: I've killed a person, go 'stealth' then suddenly cassie dives ON the smoke and follows me at the EXACT speed despite i have my card "ninja" maxed out. I couldn't run away from her. You for real??

I've even had instances where stealth or no stealth, fernando is burning me with fire and walking at the exact same speed, i couldn't escape, like the fire was slowing me down.

IMPORTANT: ALSO the game has some glitch in the matrix, sometimes characters drain insane hp out of someone, sometimes they do little to NO damage despite not having any items bought off the "item shop":

example with skye i can suck the HP out of ying, then on other games i can't even put a dent in them despite them not having 'haven'. OR i run up with full hp and shoot poison bolts/normal bolts at viktor he instantly turns around and all my 1800hp is gone in 1 second. All they had was 'faster reload' bought in the shops. Why are they killing me so fast??

now we add stupid stuff like slow down potions for pip and slow down shotgun blasts from buck into the equation, what do i do?? when skye who is suppose to be OP, yet her only benefit is movement (which is restricted), stealth , which is unpredictable and i am still visible sometimes, and that's it.

Wallachia
12-30-2016, 06:06 AM
whereas in tekken ANYONE can win

Two words for you: Eddie Gurdo.

MaikeruSan
12-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Hate to break it to you brah but you just made a TOTAL ass iut if yourself xD
If you keep getting caught by a Skye as Androxus you're just not using his abilities properly sry.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZpk4E1lMiC_xONB7acZrkqPu4PfeFA9z0GNN2L-O4MDIZ2Q/viewanalytics
Look at the charts man. Especially Skye vs Androxus ;)
Really, I mean no offense, but you obviously don't play Skye yourself and/or are new to shooter games.
Just play her for a while and you'll realize all her flaws and be able to play around them :)
Stop calling Skye OP, It's for your own good

Sorry mate, but I write it like I feel it. If someone puts aimbot on her, then you have no chance to run until u use Netherstep and jump far as possible. She trully is the deadliest flank hero. Her shooting speed and the reload speed is just furious. You can't argue with that. And yes, I've played her. It's loooooot easier to score kill if you have such fire rate + if your cards are good. With her ultimate in game where the score was 3/4 vs 3/4 I was able to wipe the enemy team of the capturing point just as easy as kill a bug! Don't tell me I should play her. After their elimination our team captured the point and we won. Yes, I always try to play all characters to find a way how to counter-attack them. And with Skye using aimbot, there is no room.

feralknights
12-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Sorry mate, but I write it like I feel it. If someone puts aimbot on her, then you have no chance to run until u use Netherstep and jump far as possible. She trully is the deadliest flank hero. Her shooting speed and the reload speed is just furious. You can't argue with that. And yes, I've played her. It's loooooot easier to score kill if you have such fire rate + if your cards are good. With her ultimate in game where the score was 3/4 vs 3/4 I was able to wipe the enemy team of the capturing point just as easy as kill a bug! Don't tell me I should play her. After their elimination our team captured the point and we won. Yes, I always try to play all characters to find a way how to counter-attack them. And with Skye using aimbot, there is no room.

Actually we... can argue with it? Because you're going "if someone puts aimbot on."

If someone is aimbotting, that doesn't mean Skye needs to be nerfed (she needs no more nerfs-- she's still below the point she should be at), it means you need to report that person to support. Evie and Androxus are great flanks that can dash in, out, and perform well in almost every situation with higher, more consistent damage at greater range with the added benefit of three-axis mobility.

ProGravity
01-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Anything that strip away your ability to damage (androxus/evie) them OR strips away YOUR control (mal'damba/shalin/bombking) is idiotic. Take 'dark serpents' move of mal'damba, do you know how much rage would there be, say if you were playing 'counterstrike' then suddenly someone does a move where you run into walls out of your control like someone hacked into your computer giving them a free kill??

anything that kills you is idiotic then, because you lose control of your character for like 15 seconds until you respawn

maybe you don't feel outplayed by getting feared into a wall and killed, but it's no different from getting one-punched or king bomb'd.. they're ultimates, they do things that aren't normal

NekonataM
01-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I think Skye should be balanced. O.k give her more HP, but nerf that damn shooting speed!
It is anoying! Androxus suffered as hell. If you play Skye you can kill Androxus quite easy!
His single shot deals more damage than Skyes single one, that is true, but Skyes automatic
against a revolver? If she is bit faar then the 3 shot doesn't hit her at all.
High mobility, high shooting speed, smoke, poison and her ultimate (which is OVERPOWERED AS F*CK!).
She is the strongest flank champion. That's my option. Her ultimate is planted and deals toooooons of DMG.
Androxus? Each ulti shot 1000 and harder to deal the same amount of dmg and to the same number of enemies is
just impossible.
Today I ran into cheaters and f*ck those, all using Skye. No aim and yet killed us as if we were paperman!!!
Flank just isn't fun anymore. If you play Androxus the chances against Skye aren't fair. + if the enemy team has
Sha Lin as my enemies today? Get prepared for 0 fun from the game! If Skye doesn't catch you, then you'll get roasted by Sha Lin for sure....

Keep playing the game and you will change your mind. By the way, "if someone puts aimbot on..." are you serious? xD

I used to think Skye was overpowered too. But playing the game more and more, I realized she wasn't.

Trapboi
01-02-2017, 10:39 AM
I just want to compare Defiance to poison bolts.
Take a few seconds to think about that.
When was the last time you saw a decent Androx use Defiance on anything but point-blank at a distracted tank?