PDA

View Full Version : Mal'Damba reloadspeed build BROKEN

HATTRlCK
12-25-2016, 01:22 PM
I played today with a maldamba who started using a build of full reloadspeed and it was just imposible to 1v1 him. His constant stun makes it imposible to kill him and he can stull the whole team in no time. Plz fix this its almos imposible to kill him at any situation. :mad::mad::mad:

BuddySpy
12-26-2016, 01:50 AM
I played today with a maldamba who started using a build of full reloadspeed and it was just imposible to 1v1 him. His constant stun makes it imposible to kill him and he can stull the whole team in no time. Plz fix this its almos imposible to kill him at any situation. :mad::mad::mad:

Yes, you have no chance in a 1 vs 1. Try to group up to defeat him.

FumbleBunny
12-26-2016, 11:52 AM
It imposible to 1v1 him.

he can stull the whole team in no time.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Wallachia
12-26-2016, 11:54 AM

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/thumb/1/1c/Card_Resilience.png/90px-Card_Resilience.png?version=da1c74278b6801fb11fa4e 29ca973348

That's your fix.

EvieIV
12-26-2016, 12:11 PM
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/thumb/1/1c/Card_Resilience.png/90px-Card_Resilience.png?version=da1c74278b6801fb11fa4e 29ca973348

That's your fix.

a 200 credit card to counter a 400 credit card no pls my brain can't handle to spend that much in a strategy game

Nudgarrobot
12-26-2016, 01:48 PM
I agree, and despite Resilience's existence, Haven and Blast shields are almost suicide not to have at this point in the game. Having to take Resilience to counter a single member of the enemy team(Especially since it's a support and not even a dps) is incredibly crippling.

I agree with OP not because he should be 1v1ing maldamba (You shouldn't) but because no character in any game should have permanently chaining CC. It's a terrible mechanic and there's a good reason it's heavily avoided in any other game with stuns.
(Not counting fighting games. Fighting games and Paladins aren't comparable. Hitstun /= ability stuns)

Wallachia
12-26-2016, 01:50 PM
I agree, and despite Resilience's existence, Haven and Blast shields are almost suicide not to have at this point in the game. Having to take Resilience to counter a single member of the enemy team is incredibly crippling.

I agree with OP not because he should be 1v1ing maldamba (You shouldn't) but because no character in any game should have permanently chaining CC. It's a terrible mechanic and there's a good reason it's heavily avoided in any other game with stuns.
(Not counting fighting games. Fighting games and Paladins aren't comparable. Hitstun /= ability stuns)

Don't forget that in order to have Daft Hands he needs to forfeit the possibility to have cauterize as well, so any support can counter that by healing the permastunned person and attacking Maldamba.

Nudgarrobot
12-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Don't forget that in order to have Daft Hands he needs to forfeit the possibility to have cauterize as well, so any support can counter that by healing the permastunned person and attacking Maldamba.

But look at it from the teamfight dynamic. Maldamba can be doing his permastun with Deft III and still throw a gourd or m2 for his team. Being able to turn a fight into a 4v5 is insanely strong, and the fact that he locks them down to be focused as well makes it absolutely insane. It's like if you got hooked by Makoa and he could just chain it and keep hooking you, or anything else along those lines. Besides, cauterize only applies to weapon damage. Why care about shooting someone and them taking reduced healing when you can completely lock them out of doing anything at all instead? Other people on your team are guaranteed to have cauterize in the current meta, and people that have higher fire rates to boot. It's really not a sacrifice for MalDamba.

I just feel like they should put diminishing returns on stuns on the affected player from the same damage source(not player) within a certain amount of time as one another.
Multiplicatively reduce the duration by 25% or so every time and then whammo, you can still make a build around locking someone down, but you don't oppressively permanently lock them down. That kind of thing is bad design.

Wallachia
12-26-2016, 02:00 PM
But look at it from the teamfight dynamic. Maldamba can be doing his permastun with Deft III and still throw a gourd or m2 for his team. Being able to turn a fight into a 4v5 is insanely strong, and the fact that he locks them down to be focused as well makes it absolutely insane. It's like if you got hooked by Makoa and he could just chain it and keep hooking you, or anything else along those lines. Besides, cauterize only applies to weapon damage. Why care about shooting someone and them taking reduced healing when you can completely lock them out of doing anything at all instead? Other people on your team are guaranteed to have cauterize in the current meta, and people that have higher fire rates to boot. It's really not a sacrifice for MalDamba.

I'm not saying you are wrong. BUT that's what strategy is for.

Oh, that Maldamba just permastunned our tank to death? Okay, from this moment on we all focus on him before anyone else. Let's give him a very hard time.

Oh, enemy chose a Maldamba? Someone give me a Bomb King/Kinessa/Sha Lin/Cassie to attack him from distance? Stuff like that. I mean, his permastun is a huge annoyance, but it's not unavoidable nor impossible to counterplay.

Nudgarrobot
12-26-2016, 02:06 PM
I don't mean to say that he's overall broken or anything of the sort, just that it's an unhealthy mechanic. I think he could do with some compensation to other parts of his kit to help him out if he got the diminishing returns nerf on the stun. For instance, he could have bonus damage for hitting an already stunned target with his reload, so that while he couldn't keep someone locked down forever, the build would still have a decent amount of use.
Tweak the numbers a bit one way or another and you've got a much more healthy champion with clearer counterplay who is more fun to play against.

Wallachia
12-26-2016, 02:10 PM
I don't mean to say that he's overall broken or anything of the sort, just that it's an unhealthy mechanic. I think he could do with some compensation to other parts of his kit to help him out if he got the diminishing returns nerf on the stun. For instance, he could have bonus damage for hitting an already stunned target with his reload, so that while he couldn't keep someone locked down forever, the build would still have a decent amount of use.
Tweak the numbers a bit one way or another and you've got a much more healthy champion with clearer counterplay who is more fun to play against.

They could do it like champions online then. While that game is a MMO, it has a very interesting mechanic: you automatically get a 15-second immunity to any CC effects you get hit 3 times in a row (within 10 seconds, aka if you get stunned 3 times in 10 seconds you become immune). Instead, the CC effect is temporarily replaced by a bonus of 20~30% damage.

Mal'Damba could stun someone like 3 times, then the stun becomes a 30% bonus damage (applicable only to the CC effect as well). Characters like BK and Mal'Damba would have much more space in a fight with that, specially if they acted as a team to apply stun quickly to deal increased damage.

Nudgarrobot
12-26-2016, 03:09 PM
They could do it like champions online then. While that game is a MMO, it has a very interesting mechanic: you automatically get a 15-second immunity to any CC effects you get hit 3 times in a row (within 10 seconds, aka if you get stunned 3 times in 10 seconds you become immune). Instead, the CC effect is temporarily replaced by a bonus of 20~30% damage.

Mal'Damba could stun someone like 3 times, then the stun becomes a 30% bonus damage (applicable only to the CC effect as well). Characters like BK and Mal'Damba would have much more space in a fight with that, specially if they acted as a team to apply stun quickly to deal increased damage.

I actually really like this as an idea.
It would give stun compositions a good combo/teamplay potential and simultaneously prevent them from being incredibly frustrating. Might should drop this as its own thread somewhere else so it can get more attention. I'd +rep that post.

And you could make it a flat bonus damage amount across all stuns, to prevent situations where people get flamed for being the wrong person to consume the damage mark.

EvieIV
12-26-2016, 04:16 PM
I just feel like they should put diminishing returns on stuns on the affected player from the same damage source(not player) within a certain amount of time as one another.
Multiplicatively reduce the duration by 25% or so every time and then whammo, you can still make a build around locking someone down, but you don't oppressively permanently lock them down. That kind of thing is bad design.

there are already