PDA

View Full Version : Skye is OP af, please nerf her! (Lets talk)

MotorKnight
12-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Please nerf her, and please nerf Kinessa too.....too much damage and too much mobility
(JK)

But having newbies having trouble with Skye IS NOT THEIR FAULT, it is hi-rez fault, you may ask why are you saying that our lord Hi-rez is making a bad job

Well lets just see who are the starter chars for every new player:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/2222kz64fxruh1.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

-You may look at Kinessa and start like, oh well yeah some ez food for Skye, but what about Cassie isnt she too good? and Drogoz he is a beast, and Fernando eh!!!! he doesnt have any problem with her

But..........you are skipping important information:

1.-You need to get used to how the game is play like, you may have seen it on youtube, but its NOT the same as playing it

2.-Need to add that not all people have a pc that runs Paladins at 60 clean fps

3.-You probably (and for probably its pretty much "no") dont have a premade to start playing the game from 0

4.-You dont have all the cards, so you start with the trash default cards, and its going to take you some games to buy a card

And probably more......

But hey lets make the invisible char unlocked from the start, sounds like a great idea -Hi-rez (Paladins)
Wait....wait....wait
Lets make the invisible char the only starter Flanker so every time a team want a flanker for taking out the "poor" amount of damage dealers, its always Skye the one that is picked, at least until they have enough money to unlock a char if they dont want to buy more cards for Skye

Thanks for reading, ik im not putting a full 3 years work here, but its what i have for now

EvieIV
12-24-2016, 07:43 PM
level 2 players opinions are never taken into account. they haven't played the game enough to give a half decent constructive feedback about it

skye is a starter cause she's easy to learn, and once you are done with your learning you look back at your old you and say "heh what a scrubs me and my team were getting killed by skye's bomb"

MotorKnight
12-24-2016, 09:27 PM
level 2 players opinions are never taken into account. they haven't played the game enough to give a half decent constructive feedback about it

skye is a starter cause she's easy to learn, and once you are done with your learning you look back at your old you and say "heh what a scrubs me and my team were getting killed by skye's bomb"

She is kinda easy to learn, but Buck will be better for being the starter flanker since he is easy to play and is the best example of a flanker, jump in the backlines kill the damage dealers, i dont find smart having sniper and invisible unlocked at lvl 1

Im really impressed on how poor paladins is evolving, its so forced, i feel that ignoring low level player opinions refelcts what direction are developers taking
"They are covering the little issues with high details"

EvieIV
12-24-2016, 09:53 PM
She is kinda easy to learn, but Buck will be better for being the starter flanker since he is easy to play and is the best example of a flanker, jump in the backlines kill the damage dealers, i dont find smart having sniper and invisible unlocked at lvl 1

Im really impressed on how poor paladins is evolving, its so forced, i feel that ignoring low level player opinions refelcts what direction are developers taking
"They are covering the little issues with high details"

why would we need to listen to people who claim skye is op purely cause she can stealth

CandySuxxx
12-25-2016, 01:12 AM
Please, by all means ignore low level player opinions!

Shalashaska87B
12-25-2016, 02:58 AM
Feedbacks are "usually" divided into 2 groups: those sent by old players and the other ones sent by new players.
And they are both important.

The first group will generally focus in "nerf/buff a character, a card, a skill", while the latter can be very important for the overall game. If several newcomers cannot play decently, there might be something missing or unexplained.
For example, how many new players first play against Bots? How do they behave? Is there some kind of text/note which explains them what to do and what not to do?
IIRC when I played for the first time with Viktor, I learnt how to shoot - something I already know. And most likely 99% of Paladins players already know as well; so I wonder what should be explained and what left to be discovered?

Do new players all go with Skye for her sexy outfit? I seriously hope not;whatever the case, why do they (almost) always pick her and not another hero? That is something worth investigating IMHO...

MotorKnight
12-25-2016, 03:59 AM
why would we need to listen to people who claim skye is op purely cause she can stealth

Because new players doesnt have any source of counter for Skye, just Cassie Ultimate...........not their fault

Please, by all means ignore low level player opinions!

Low player opinions might be more true than some pros, because low players give feedback based on how they feel about the game, while pros might said half true (you know.....because they will not be on a tournament using a char and then tell hi-rez: this is OP please nerf it because this isnt fair)

Low players playing:
-Using ultimates and getting lucky kill with it
-Missing a lot since they dont aim good enough
-Having issues because there are "OP" champions
-Usually playing alone or with a friend

High players playing:
-Using Ultimates in combo to get max kills with it (But can be avoided if the team receiving the ultimate counter it)
-Doing max dmg, or so many heatshots because of practice (But they can miss a lot if enemy team know how to dodge it)
-Having issues because both teams know how to counter each character, probably player and playstyles too
-Both teams are premades

They are the same with the difference that low players not play in tournaments and without a full premade team + hours of game played

Do new players all go with Skye for her sexy outfit? I seriously hope not;whatever the case, why do they (almost) always pick her and not another hero? That is something worth investigating IMHO...

Usually playing with some sort of invisibility means a huge advantage, for not saying the fun you got with it
-Being able to run away while invisible
-Being able to choose who to atack
-Being able to atack first
-and more.........

Some examples:
Halo camo is good, no disadvantages for hvaing it
Loki invisibility is really strong, Loki itself can be easily counter like Skye, but think about this, almost every god/char can be countered and be bad
Kallari invisibility last forever, is hardly countered by wards, but unless you put a ward in every corner of the map, she can avoid you and survive while being behind you

Also need to add that Skye is the only initital Flank that new players have (no real choice on that)

EvieIV
12-25-2016, 05:22 AM
Because new players doesnt have any source of counter for Skye, just Cassie Ultimate...........not their fault

how about a brain that's a generally great counter

Knightenstein
12-25-2016, 05:30 AM
The best counter for Skye is a good sound system.
She's been nerfed to 1800lp too (and I don't like it) <_<

Promote and encourage intelligence.
Not shelter players like little babies and encourage stupidity and cowardice.

If players are having trouble they should practice and do research on what to do against things that give them trouble.
Google and/or YouTube exists for a reason.

SlenderLegs
12-25-2016, 08:04 AM
in overwatch, sombra's invisibility is only 5 seocnd cooldown and she gains increased ms. But skyes invisiblity is trash

N3DD2028
12-25-2016, 08:21 AM
It's a hard pick to take Skye as first champion if you are noob, I played her once on my first matches and never touched again, regardless of my own experience with the squishy cloaked recon in ghost recon phantoms, when I used to play cloak as an in and out surgical strike picking my targets by priority in the match. I realize that I lack the knowledge on the game (map, routes, flanks, champions stats, etc) to play Skye and do the same thing that I was doing in GRP being a good asset to the team.

I think that Motorknight is making a point showing that Skye is the only flanker available for a new player, when you have 5 damage (2 super easy to use as Viktor / Tyra) 1 tank 1 support.

For a new player, the champions should be more diverse, maybe 2 of each class for a start.

I believe that every opinion has is own weight, and none should be ignored, regardless if you are new here or a veteran, I think that most of us have been playing games for years and have accumulated experience over time in different aspects in several games genres, mmorpg, moba, fps, etc.
You may or may not agree with everyone, but for a dev or a game studio, all opinions are a form of feedback in their product, specially in the F2P business model

XFARWARX
12-25-2016, 11:22 AM
is not op!

Tsuraika
12-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Wait a minute... Skye is OP now?

Hobinm
12-25-2016, 05:49 PM
the only thing I find wrong with skye is when she gets behind you cannot respond to her attacking you. by the time you realize she's there and shooting at you, your already dead. that where she needs a tweak to allow you to respond to her attack and that's where I think people are calling her op. out side of dropping her damage output i'm not sure how they could adjust her in that way and without negating her stealthiness

Azurion
12-25-2016, 09:18 PM

but they nerfed skye ult 4 time because low level 10-20 cryed

SamLikesNuggets
12-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Skye? OP?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SubjectToChangePLDNS
12-26-2016, 07:11 AM
I agree that Kinessa + Skye should be taken out of the free starter pool.
Both their kits have both high skillfloors and -ceilings and require profound map knowledge, resulting in a frustrating experience when first picking them up.
On the other hands even when played suboptimally they will often feel frustrating to play against too because newer players only "hear their side of the Story" e.g. a Skye popping up behind and surprise killing them or a kinessa hitting them and getting a lucky 2-shot kill without realising that there IS counterplay to them
(Skye: turn around every now and then, stay grouped, use your own kit - especially the mobility ability - properly.
Kinessa: avoid staying in her line of sight for too long, move in unpredictable patterns, send someone up to Kinessa to kill her insread of letting her do as she pleases) and that they're actually at fault themselves.

Paladins is still in its early stages and trying to amass a playerbase against stacked odds, so I believe new players shouldn't be at danger of making their mostly rough start (which is to be expected when picking up any online game nowadays) even worse by picking champions that are unfun for new players to play both as and against.
They should be limited to champions that "make sense" from the start for both sides like Fernando/Pip/Viktor/Buck
To allow them to focus on the general basics of the game first, like map knowledge, which classes should position in which ways, how to properly play the objective and so on

Hobinm
12-26-2016, 10:46 PM
I have too admit i'm one of the ones that used claim skye is op. but the more I played the more I realized she isn't. her stealth make her a pain the butt at times. but learned to keep an eye her when on the other team. and I no longer die as often from her sneaking up behind me! and am better able to deal with her now.

and after playing her some. I do agree she really isn't a starting character as she does take some skill and map knowledge and strategy to play her successfully.
buck is the best starting flanker followed by androxous I think.

Gzero0
12-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Her ult is really OP or at least for me, Im a main support (Ying). Not even with the dimensional link I can run away her explotion bomb radio and it instantly kills me. Tha ult usually gets a double kill or more (Im lvl 17 in the game). However, she is not the top problem right now Evie and kinessa are OP from my point of view.

SubjectToChangePLDNS
12-30-2016, 05:18 AM
Just leaving this here to spread awareness of how it really is :)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZpk4E1lMiC_xONB7acZrkqPu4PfeFA9z0GNN2L-O4MDIZ2Q/viewanalytics
I recommend every frequent forum dweller bookmark this to be able to quickly link to it because it's a really accurate representation of power levels atm. Graphs like Viktor's and Ying's are the healthiest possible. Anything that looks different means either underpowered or overpowered.
So as you can see Skye is unanimously considered one of the worst champions in the game. Newer players should really refrain from voicing their opinions too much before they have the necessary experience. I think lvl 25-30 is where it really clicks for most people.

MaikeruSan
12-30-2016, 07:16 AM
but they nerfed skye ult 4 time because low level 10-20 cryed

Nerfed 4 time? WTF? That fucking bomb gives 3600 dmg after exploding with a big radius! I don't think it's that much nerfed, it can easily turn the tides of a match.

KicksBrickster
12-30-2016, 07:37 AM
Nerfed 4 time? WTF? That fucking bomb gives 3600 dmg after exploding with a big radius! I don't think it's that much nerfed, it can easily turn the tides of a match.

Well, it used to do 5000 DoT with no falloff and was near impossible to avoid. Now it's 3000 direct damage with significant falloff and can be pretty easily dodged. You're rewarded with less damage by running or hiding, and I believe it's also blocked by shields.

Wallachia
12-30-2016, 07:43 AM

EVERY ult can do that. I don't get what you are trying to say here.

LoboSora
12-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Her ult is really OP or at least for me, Im a main support (Ying). Not even with the dimensional link I can run away her explotion bomb radio and it instantly kills me. Tha ult usually gets a double kill or more (Im lvl 17 in the game). However, she is not the top problem right now Evie and kinessa are OP from my point of view.

Even without a a movement skill you can outrun her bomb...you're either playing with Skyes that have the best timing in the game or you're running in the wrong direction.

MaikeruSan
12-30-2016, 08:49 AM
EVERY ult can do that. I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Nope, to score that much of dmg without the need to aim and in a single package, for example Androxus. His ultimate isn't so powerful. It depends on aim and if someone hit with his ulti separates from the group, you won't be able to unleash the full power on the group.

Wallachia
12-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Nope, to score that much of dmg without the need to aim and in a single package, for example Androxus. His ultimate isn't so powerful. It depends on aim and if someone hit with his ulti separates from the group, you won't be able to unleash the full power on the group.

Sha Lin's ultimate also depends on aim.
Makoa's ultimate also depends on aim.
Drogoz' ultimate also depends on aim.

Skye's ultimate is ridiculous. You just have to take cover or walk away from from its radius of explosion. Hell, there's a very loud noise and a pillar of light coming from it. Just get away, take cover, wait for its explosion then come back. It's one of the worst ults to kill someone.

EvieIV
12-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Sha Lin's ultimate also depends on aim.
Makoa's ultimate also depends on aim.
Drogoz' ultimate also depends on aim.

Skye's ultimate is ridiculous. You just have to take cover or walk away from from its radius of explosion. Hell, there's a very loud noise and a pillar of light coming from it. Just get away, take cover, wait for its explosion then come back. It's one of the worst ults to kill someone.

you cant walk away from its radius in time. only thing you gotta do is use the f or block the line of sight. generally when i have people like ying and sha lin in my team i as fernando put myself in front of them so that they dont take the damage cause i know there are some who cant

Wallachia
12-30-2016, 12:57 PM
you cant walk away from its radius in time. only thing you gotta do is use the f or block the line of sight. generally when i have people like ying and sha lin in my team i as fernando put myself in front of them so that they dont take the damage cause i know there are some who cant

Sha Lin's F allows him to outrage it, actually, if and only if you make a 180 turn while he's jumping backwards.

Swifties
12-30-2016, 12:58 PM
How to kill Skye?
Pick evie get Illuminate
Pew pew 2 hit die

feralknights
12-30-2016, 03:01 PM

No, it deals 3000 damage. It gives you a clear indicator via the red marker as to where the bomb will deal it's max-- 3000, not 3600-- damage. Yellow is when it starts to drop off, and when the marker disappears you're far enough away that (if you haven't broken LOS to the bomb) you won't take damage. If you break LOS or keep running away from it, you will get away from the blast. If Skye kills people with her ult-- which is much harder now, especially if you have awareness of Skye's mechanics as she is still to this day one of the weakest characters in the game-- it's because:

The player set it up well
You were caught unaware
You didn't break LOS
You were under 2-3k HP for any reason

"Turning the tide" is literally what ults are for. Fernando using Invincible to protect the point while allies rush to catch up, Drogoz punching out the Frontliner or the Support, Pip clearing the point with a chicken bomb, Bomb King stunning half a team in a chokepoint, Androxus catching people unawares from on high-- Skye's is no different. It has strengths and weaknesses.

Play Skye for awhile, take the time to understand her strengths and weaknesses.

ProGravity
01-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Buck would be the worst class to give new players as they tend to be very separated and Buck is real good at 1v1

Bulmarth
01-02-2017, 10:23 AM
I don't think she's OP. She CAN be overpowered if you or your team are not aware of the situation, and it gets worst if you let her sneak into you back line without stoping her.

ForteBas
01-05-2017, 06:24 AM
I agree with Hobinm, as soon as you realize Skye is behind you and shooting you or the teamate next to, your as good as dead, and say its your teamate, by the time you can shoot at her she just pops invis again and dashes away. This usually encourages teams to begin turteling alot more, which one could argue can be countered by her Ult, but the only champions they can get caught in that are, Ying and Tyra, most smart players will use their dash/escape abilities as soon as you put down the explosive!

edit: I realized I didn't really come to a conclusion, I guess I don't think shes too OP, buuuut I don't like her at all, I feel like she was much better as a harass champion who popped in every once a while to harass the healer (maybe kill if off guard) or harass back line dps (again maybe could kill if they were off guard) I feel like now with her accuracy increase she does too much damage too fast, and combined with her ability to go instantaneously invisible after scoring a quick and easy kill can just run away to auto-regen her health back and quickly jump into combat again.