PDA

View Full Version : Mal'Damba Stun Lock

BlueExorcist
12-22-2016, 10:09 PM
So if you build reload speed on Mal'Damba you're able to stun lock your oponent to death and I mean it, it's insanelly overpowered and it should be nerfed.. Either you remove Mal'Damba's ability to stun lock one enemy by giving it a cooldown on the same enemy or you give Mal'Damba a bigger reload speed and nerf the time of his stun.

Leraje
12-23-2016, 04:57 AM
There are numerous thread with your suggestion and I am not convinced he needs a nerf. Here's why.

-Defts Hands cost an arm and a leg to max out (2400 Credits).

-If Mal'Damba is stunlocking you, he is not healing and he's in the middle of the fight so your team should focus him. Unless you are alone then the fault is on you.

-Resilience is the answer. It costs 1200 Credits to max out, cheapest card available that can negate his snake stun, his ultimate and more.

astroASMR
12-23-2016, 05:37 AM
There are numerous thread with your suggestion and I am not convinced he needs a nerf. Here's why.

-Defts Hands cost an arm and a leg to max out (2400 Credits).

-If Mal'Damba is stunlocking you, he is not healing and he's in the middle of the fight so your team should focus him. Unless you are alone then the fault is on you.

-Resilience is the answer. It costs 1200 Credits to max out, cheapest card available that can negate his snake stun, his ultimate and more.

no, it NEEDS to be nerfed or removed, stun is the CHEAPEST move i've see in a FPS EVER!!! "you can't move stand still" is the most OP garbage ever and easily abusedy by mal/sha lin/bombking/NOW cassie. I've seen mal use his brainwashing move, he shot the enemy 2-3 times then stunned them to finish them off

i saw a guy get so frustrated that he got killed so much as ruckus that he maxed his resilience and i can see why, he was in the middle (infront of me) getting stunned 2-3-4 times REPEATEDLY and THAT'S with resilience. He could easily be ripped apart by enemy team in that short time. ALSO if you spend all your coins on that then what about other characters you need to deal with?? one person can turn the tide but you can't just treat them like a one man army.

just like buck is OP with tank like hp/def even if you can get close to kill him he'll just heal abit or fly away, OR someone at the last minute helps him and shoots you in the back eg. skye? if you focus on one person you're dead by the others

Your stupid comment saying your team should focus on him or that its a players own fault for getting into a 1v1 situation is abit arrogant. You are like hi-rez, FORCING how the game is played, you can't force team mechanics in a game where people (strangers) won't listen to you or are crap. OR choose all tanks and your team doesn't have any.

Additionally you can not always have a plan go your way so you play the cards that are dealt to you. Thats why hi-rez say garbage like 'pip' is shouldn't try to out heal ying or out damage viktor. Seriously you can't determine your own situation, you can't tell buck not to flank you.

p.s it matters little anyways hi-rez keep nerfing/buffing the wrong characters. THEN OP cards, i saw sha-lin do nothing but 'planted' repeatedly, i heard it every 5 seconds 'get ready' NON STOP. Even heard it from my spawn/base. Everytime i got close to him via skye and almost killed him (90% hp left) he'd just do that move, instant dead.

Muminette
12-23-2016, 05:52 AM
no, it NEEDS to be nerfed or removed, stun is the CHEAPEST move i've see in a FPS EVER!!! "you can't move stand still" is the most OP garbage ever and easily abusedy by mal/sha lin/bombking/NOW cassie. I've seen mal use his brainwashing move, he shot the enemy 2-3 times then stunned them to finish them off

i saw a guy get so frustrated that he got killed so much as ruckus that he maxed his resilience and i can see why, he was in the middle (infront of me) getting stunned 2-3-4 times REPEATEDLY and THAT'S with resilience. He could easily be ripped apart by enemy team in that short time. ALSO if you spend all your coins on that then what about other characters you need to deal with?? one person can turn the tide but you can't just treat them like a one man army.

just like buck is OP with tank like hp/def even if you can get close to kill him he'll just heal abit or fly away, OR someone at the last minute helps him and shoots you in the back eg. skye? if you focus on one person you're dead by the others

Your stupid comment saying your team should focus on him or that its a players own fault for getting into a 1v1 situation is abit arrogant. You are like hi-rez, FORCING how the game is played, you can't force team mechanics in a game where people (strangers) won't listen to you or are crap. OR choose all tanks and your team doesn't have any.

Additionally you can not always have a plan go your way so you play the cards that are dealt to you. Thats why hi-rez say garbage like 'pip' is shouldn't try to out heal ying or out damage viktor. Seriously you can't determine your own situation, you can't tell buck not to flank you.

p.s it matters little anyways hi-rez keep nerfing/buffing the wrong characters. THEN OP cards, i saw sha-lin do nothing but 'planted' repeatedly, i heard it every 5 seconds 'get ready' NON STOP. Even heard it from my spawn/base. Everytime i got close to him via skye and almost killed him (90% hp left) he'd just do that move, instant dead.

Shh, calm down.

Leraje is right. Deft hands for Mal is troll pick. If he is focusing you, the he is not healing his team and that's always bad thing for a healer. Next, Mal usually focuses frontliners to stun, so if you are 1v1 him as a frontliner, then either your whole team is dead and you would die no matter if there's Mal in the enemy team or not, or you are doing something wrong because as a Frontline you should stick with your team. Next, resilience is perfect not only against Mal, but against any cc in game (Pip's slow, ult, any BK's ability, Grover, Grohk slows, Mal ult and more). Being the cheapest card in game, I think it's a good pick. Next, you should buy items based on who are you dealing with the most and who is giving you most trouble. If that's Mal with stun, then buying resilience just to counter him is also a good choice IMO.

Buck is not OP. Buy Cauterize and Buck is fcked.