PDA

View Full Version : After numerous nerfs, Fernando is still the best tank and flank

GlowLight
12-22-2016, 03:09 AM
Just look at his cards and nerf the ones that give movement speed bonus but give back his old stats

Muminette
12-22-2016, 03:41 AM
Agreed. Here are my posts on this subject, because I'm too lazy to write this all over again...

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?22289-Fernando-Nerfs-Every-Patch!!!-OB-39&p=129661&viewfull=1#post129661

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23404-The-Tanks-mobility-in-the-game-should-be-buffed-or-changed&p=136359&viewfull=1#post136359

Shalashaska87B
12-22-2016, 03:53 AM
The movement abilities are the only thing that let Fernando withstand against heroes like Drogoz or Tyra. Impair his movement and it's over - you'll lose the toughest tank (HP side) in game.

Atilah
12-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Fernando deserves more damage on the flamethrower. At least, +10 dmg, and not more shitty nerfs.

KicksBrickster
12-22-2016, 09:26 AM
The movement abilities are the only thing that let Fernando withstand against heroes like Drogoz or Tyra. Impair his movement and it's over - you'll lose the toughest tank (HP side) in game.

It doesn't work both ways. Either you keep the mobility he has and let Flanknando continue to exist while nerfing him into the ground because of it, or you nerf those mobility skills that allow Flanknando to exist in the first place, while weakening his mobility as Fernando. You can of course buff his other overnerfed abilities back to where they were, which would more than compensate.

Nudgarrobot
12-22-2016, 09:40 AM
Huge agree. I don't understand what their obsession is with giving characters that should have limited mobility massive %movespeed in their cards. Tyra as well wasn't supposed to have mobility skills but she can have 32% for 3s after her molotov, 20% for her mark duration on F, and she has 40% move speed on her ult. She's ALWAYS zipping around at pretty solid speeds. I see her flank almost every game at this point, to the point where as an Evie main I've said screw going to their backline, I'm just going to sit on our flank and wait for the inevitable Tyra to try to flank. If I don't do that she mows through my entire team every single game. Long story short, I think it's not just limited to Fernando with Hi-Rez not quite getting how to balance what should be low mobility characters. Horses and cards give them more than enough mobility to do exactly what they're not intended to do. And Hi-Rez is showing no real signs of fixing that as a problem.

Commando7
12-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Fernando deserves more damage on the flamethrower. At least, +10 dmg, and not more shitty nerfs.

I agree you man, fernando needs damage buff and i cant understand why fernando always nerfed after every patch.

If there is a champion whose power must be reduced, it must be evie or buck not FERNANDO

sinosleep
12-23-2016, 05:36 AM
Nando keeps getting nerfed because Nando's a beast. There's a reason he and Cassie are the only two champions with a 100% pick rate in pro-play.

The left column are stats from evie's winter classic, right column are the usage stats from post OB 36 champion's circuit

nando 100% ---------- nando 100%
cassie 100 -------- cassie 100%
makoa 91% -------- evie 97%
andro 87% --------- andro 94%
evie 83% --------- barik 94%
drogoz 82% ---------- ying 89%
barik 69% -------- viktor 89%
maldamba 67% --------- makoa 89%
ying 58% --------- drogoz 87%
buck 51% --------- BK 35%
sha lin 50% --------- grohk 33%
vik 39% ------------- pip 28%
BK 28% ----------- buck 23%
pip 26% ------------- damba 10%
ruckus 25% -------- kinessa 7%
kinessa 16% -------- ruckus 7%
grohk 16% --------- grover 0%
grover 0% ------- skye 0%

Personally, I view being the best as a dumb reason to nerf a character though. You nerf a character when something is broken, not just when something is working well. The idea should be to buff characters to Nando's level as opposed to nerfing everyone into oblivion.

astroASMR
12-23-2016, 07:02 AM
hi-rez aren't exactly a bright bunch of people and nerf and buff the wrong characters, and this is ANOTHER stupid example

if fernando is nerfed i'm quitting, seriously his useless once they all gang up on him, and his ult is what? please shoot me and let me watch my hp go down as i'm planted to one spot? ruckus can go nuts and kill the enemy team with one ult or barik can lay down turrets

Barik can kill/good shields/annoying turrets that help alot and fernando can't even destroy them easily because of his weak offense and you're left standing there whilst you're team does squat. So you're telling me if my team is stupid or the enemy team has unbalanced powerful characters and i'm taking damage from a full enemy team WITH turrnts and useless teammates that are all dead and now maybe MORE nerfs....nice job hi-rez

so many characters like makoa need nerfing and you nerf the wrong tank.

makoa: "oh i'm dying?" ULt time

you challenge makoa?? replenished hp, higher def, if you're close you're dead, if your far he reels you in, and the chain move can insta kill no def characters like skye doesn't matter because the ult will kill you anyways

Muminette
12-23-2016, 07:23 AM
if fernando is nerfed i'm quitting, seriously his useless once they all gang up on him, and his ult is what? please shoot me and let me watch my hp go down as i'm planted to one spot?

Don't exaggerate. Fernando is still a good frontline. Devs just took the wrong way to discourage Flanknandoing and that's the problem here.

Plus, I'm sorry, but you are showing zero understanding of Fernando's ult, which is one of the best in game. You should NEVER use it as a way to save yourself when you are low hp. It's best used to counter other ults (Skye, Drogoz, Bomb King are best examples, but not only ones) and save not only you, but mostly your teammates. It can be game changing if used right. Timing, mate.

Knightenstein
12-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi-Rez is like them strict parents that don't tell their children (us, the players) exactly what to do even if we tell them how we all feel, but forces us into situations where we should all learn to work together and not be stupid. Or die.
Strict parenting to raise kids that should know the value of correct team champion selection, teamwork in battle and the right tools for the right situations (cards/items)
I don't know if I should applaud them or be mad at them for this in an era of extreme selfishness in the online interactive gameverse.

Regardless, all champions have been nerfed/buffed to an extent they are all forced to rely on their teammates or die.
Welcome to Paladins the TEAM-based shooter game.

Always go with a balanced roaster of champions, not just your favorite one. That's why before going into competitive they force you to learn to play a huge variety of characters.
Learn to play atleast one character of each class in this game for casual.

Always have the right champions on your team and don't be a liability via individual skill.
Never be alone and keep working together symbiotically to achieve your goals.
If not? You keep dying horrible deaths. Over and over again. Bulldozed. And alone.

Makoa ult? Everyone either keeps their distance or Drogoz ults him asap.
Bunch of tanks clustering around the point? Skye ult, Tyra molotov, Bomb King grumpy, Drogoz spitfire, etc etc.
Too many tanks? Stack Wrecker.
Enemie healing too good or a really good Buck? Stack cauterize.
Yknow how this goes.
Adapt to the situations given to you based on your opponents.

Wallachia
12-23-2016, 07:27 AM
hi-rez aren't exactly a bright bunch of people and nerf and buff the wrong characters, and this is ANOTHER stupid example

if fernando is nerfed i'm quitting, seriously his useless once they all gang up on him, and his ult is what? please shoot me and let me watch my hp go down as i'm planted to one spot? ruckus can go nuts and kill the enemy team with one ult or barik can lay down turrets

Barik can kill/good shields/annoying turrets that help alot and fernando can't even destroy them easily because of his weak offense and you're left standing there whilst you're team does squat. So you're telling me if my team is stupid or the enemy team has unbalanced powerful characters and i'm taking damage from a full enemy team WITH turrnts and useless teammates that are all dead and now maybe MORE nerfs....nice job hi-rez

so many characters like makoa need nerfing and you nerf the wrong tank.

makoa: "oh i'm dying?" ULt time

you challenge makoa?? replenished hp, higher def, if you're close you're dead, if your far he reels you in, and the chain move can insta kill no def characters like skye doesn't matter because the ult will kill you anyways

Um... so you want Nando to be able to survive if attacked by the entire team at once because Makoa gains an overtime with his ult (still can be killed quickly) and Ruckus just goes nuts? Is it me or you forgot to add Barik's ult as well?