PDA

View Full Version : A Normal Looking Female?

buyingtime
12-21-2016, 10:13 AM
I've played Paladins for quite awhile and I noticed that this game is very similar to a number of other games in one aspect:

All of the female champions are big-breasted, tight waisted, and excessively risqué in clothing.

I do understand that Tyra is the most normal of the bunch, but she still is robust up top and a slim waist. I guess it doesn't make sense to me that the male characters can be turtles, aliens, buff assassin, soldier, fox, tree, etc. Yet the females are all whore looking chicks with different weapons.

Perhaps the next front line champion could be a female that isn't this way?

Skye, Cassie, Evie, Ying, Kinessa, Tyra

tuckingwhatm8
12-21-2016, 10:25 AM
ahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Wallachia
12-21-2016, 10:26 AM
This post made me sad.

I crai everytim

Knightenstein
12-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Would it be pleasing if there was a flat chested goth loli vampire lady or something?
Maybe an ultra muscular and large wrestling or werewolf lady?
A female angel? A female demon? A female alien? A mermaid? An octopus?

I don't know to what levels of ridiculous you want female champions to be, just curious.

OdettexFury
12-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Zarya.
You want Zarya.
Or Mei.

StarPilot87
12-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Maybe Bionka then?

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DOyeKmIKwo

LinkAkward
12-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Threads like this is why aliens wont talk to us! god damit.

Delvina
12-21-2016, 12:41 PM
"Whore" is a little over-the-top, but I also wish there were more diverse female body types, like for Fernando/Viktor/Sha Lin/Buck/Barik.

KicksBrickster
12-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Are we doing this again? Really?

The existing females are fine, and now Cassie is all nicely covered up as well. The worst of the lot is Skye, who fits what lore exists for her perfectly in that regard. And don't you dare go calling Ying a whore!

Not saying a wolf girl wouldn't be appreciated. Still waiting, Hi-Rez.

FumbleBunny
12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
You gotta admit the female champs are all kind of... samey. They're all human (or very close to human), they're all about the same size (and hitbox) and they're all damage/flank with the exception of Ying.

Knightenstein
12-21-2016, 01:47 PM
And to think that most of us thought that Tyra's ult would be her turning into a bear or something.
What do?

CaptainZidgel
12-21-2016, 02:56 PM
While I wouldn't mind something non-human for a female (like a squirrel girl? Maybe a talking bush?) I think the humans are fine where they are. Someone without muscles can't carry a gun and someone fat certainly can't fight in a battle.

EarlOfHam
12-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Nice Balance Feedback

SeYr0
12-21-2016, 02:57 PM
i want kinessa to have lighter skin and longer hair

Leraje
12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
while i wouldn't mind something non-human for a female (like a squirrel girl? maybe a talking bush?)

*Grin with a pervert look*

LinkAkward
12-21-2016, 03:57 PM
i want kinessa to have lighter skin and longer hair

Hell yee.. longer hair! and glasses. I WANT GLASSES ON HER! so i can make her look like my wife.

tuckingwhatm8
12-21-2016, 04:04 PM
keep it up starting to get pretty cringy

FezzyTheFckwitt
12-21-2016, 11:43 PM
we need more cringe MOAR CRINGE PLZ

ThatOthell159
12-21-2016, 11:50 PM
Nice balance feedback post.

Zeraphine
12-22-2016, 12:36 AM
I guess the mostly male designers prefer to create eye-candy for themselves that look like their dream-girlfriends ^^
But you are right: why not a big bazooka babe for once?

Fatherdougal
12-22-2016, 01:19 AM
But you are right: why not a big bazooka babe for once?

I thought that the whole problem was that they are already all cookie-cutter babes with big bazoongas.

...oh. Bazookas. Right.

OP is right though. Boring adolescent fantasy shapes on every last female champ. No one is saying get rid of them, but how about mixing it up some?

Shalashaska87B
12-22-2016, 02:39 AM
There are already "less than pretty" girls all out there, at least when I play a videogame like Paladins let me enjoy some beautiful ladies!

This is absolutely the first time that I read someone blaming the designers for creating female character better than the average human girl/woman.

Fatherdougal
12-22-2016, 04:47 AM
There are already "less than pretty" girls all out there, at least when I play a videogame like Paladins let me enjoy some beautiful ladies!

This is absolutely the first time that I read someone blaming the designers for creating female character better than the average human girl/woman.

Two things:

1. Go ahead. Enjoy them. I mean, it's kind of predictable and boring, but whatever floats your boat. Some of us would just like a bit of variety.

and...

2. Absolutely the first time you... whaaaaa? Seriously? Do you not like, read? Or hear, or see, or.... sigh. Nevermind. Welcome to earth, friend. Please be sure to wash your hands before eating and do not shoot death rays at the inhabitants. Enjoy your stay.

Vampragon43
12-22-2016, 12:02 PM
What's that? Tracer's pose is too sexy? They should remove it!

Pratigious
12-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Lol.Look at andoxus.He has a something thats tightly attached to his dick,u can see the imprint o his dick.Androxus is buff as fuck.Small waist,big muscular chest,and muscular arms.Barik has some insane shoulders and arms.Buck is buff too.Big ass arms,legs,chest,abs,etc.Viktor is another chraCTER.small waist big arms,big shoulders,big chest,etc.

And here's the thing,the devs won't bother with showing off a whole bunch of skin when it comes to the males because it won't matter.Girls aren't crazy about muscles.its supply and demand.Guys will more than likely try to make their characters show off more skin.

Shit androxus is just as slutty looking as skye if not more.Tight ass clothes that show off his body and his dick.

Pratigious
12-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Also,kinessa doesn't look slutty. Her attire is perfect for her job.

Shalashaska87B
12-22-2016, 04:23 PM
2. Absolutely the first time you... whaaaaa? Seriously? Do you not like, read? Or hear, or see, or.... sigh. Nevermind. Welcome to earth, friend. Please be sure to wash your hands before eating and do not shoot death rays at the inhabitants. Enjoy your stay.

I play Paladins.
If a game that I don't have is blamed for having female characters too sexy, well I'm not really bothering.
And this is not even a game where there are utterly sexy and undressed girls... :eek:

sinosleep
12-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Oh ffs ....................

OzzyOzzy
12-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Nice balance feedback post.

Seriously though, is it BAD? I (and many other people) never complained about the TF2 cast being an all male crew from the 1000 hours i unfortunately played it for.

I would like some animal female casts that make sense in the Paladins world. Having a female character "cause we don't have one female like that yet" is a stupid reason no matter how it's told. Make a character that makes sense in Paladins and the role they are in. All frontliners are tanking giants that can push hard. And all flanks are somewhat small-built characters that hit hard up close. Make a character that makes sense to their role.

Tyra is alright for being a damage class that can murder frontliners. She seems to fit the part.

AND YING AIN'T A WHORE, SHE'S A WAIFU.

mieuu
12-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi-Rez is basically the waifu factory of champion design, just look at Smite.
In order to add variety, they would also have to add some more personality and make them likable, appreciable, relatable characters. I'd rather see some backstories and lore first. If they havent expended the effort for that, then they obviously wont expend the effort to make the characters more visually interesting.

esroh
12-22-2016, 06:17 PM
idk why people go about this lore thing, who cares about some shitty back story of a video game character?

EvieIV
12-22-2016, 06:30 PM
it's a fantasy realm why would the women not be fantastic

ThatOthell159
12-22-2016, 07:45 PM
it's a fantasy realm why would the women not be fantastic

Exactly. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EvieIV
12-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Exactly. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yeah cassie used to be almost like me now everyone's below my table ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and tyra kinessa at the bottom

esroh
12-22-2016, 08:22 PM
yeah cassie used to be almost like me now everyone's below my table ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and tyra kinessa at the bottom

what bottom? kinessa is the prettiest girl in paladins, hands down.

Leraje
12-23-2016, 04:59 AM
what bottom? kinessa is the prettiest girl in paladins, hands down.

I totally agree.

KaeruNai64
12-23-2016, 05:12 AM
we should get a female grok that is a tank. I don't care if she is in the heavy side or has bulky armor to contrasts groks passive side. Maybe she can throw spears or something

Icevery1
12-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Would it be pleasing if there was a flat chested goth loli vampire lady or something?
Maybe an ultra muscular and large wrestling or werewolf lady?
A female angel? A female demon? A female alien? A mermaid? An octopus?

I don't know to what levels of ridiculous you want female champions to be, just curious.

I dig that first one!!! o.O (don't judge!!! :O) ಠ⌣ಠ

Wallachia
12-23-2016, 06:50 AM
I dig that first one!!! o.O (don't judge!!! :O) ಠ⌣ಠ

Well, Skullgirls does have a flatchested goth loli zombie girl.

Icevery1
12-23-2016, 06:57 AM
Well, Skullgirls does have a flatchested goth loli zombie girl.

Tbh when I read that I was thinking more of Shalltear Bloodfallen (plus I love that name!! :O) from Overlord!!

ps. Oh and tbh, I didn't play Skullgirls so I don't really know which one you are referring to exactly! o.O

Icevery1
12-23-2016, 07:01 AM
And a pic of her just cause (left with battle armor, right ... normal I guess! o.O ) . Plus she does kinda have a middle fighting 'face' but don't think it will really fit with the theme of this game (not that this apperance really fits, but anw!! xD).

https://images5.alphacoders.com/653/thumb-1920-653686.jpg

N3DD2028
12-23-2016, 08:30 PM
females in videogames are too sexy, change it, my outfit is too sexy, don't look at me perv, my body my choise!

Why not a gender fluid champion, or a transgender one, or a thai-ladyboy-assault chopper

https://media.giphy.com/media/rWtaesGCncV5m/giphy.gif

Krombo
12-24-2016, 02:15 PM
I've played Paladins for quite awhile and I noticed that this game is very similar to a number of other games in one aspect:

All of the female champions are big-breasted, tight waisted, and excessively risqué in clothing.

I do understand that Tyra is the most normal of the bunch, but she still is robust up top and a slim waist. I guess it doesn't make sense to me that the male characters can be turtles, aliens, buff assassin, soldier, fox, tree, etc. Yet the females are all whore looking chicks with different weapons.

I totally agree with this but from a non SJW point of view
personally I wouldn't complain if they started adding monster girls to the game

Gzero0
12-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Yes they are all "human-like" and with an athletic look they should make females with different body types and species. At the same time it isnt a real problem I mean, its not like they are showing too much skin nor being "slutty". The company obviously wants to get money from this characters as the most of the players are men who likes chicks.

Quinzella
12-29-2016, 12:06 PM
This is best for off topic instead of ''balance feedback'' threads.
Also, if we want to be realistic about it, these women are on the battle field that means they are burning god knows how many calories. Logically, yeah they're going to be thin and some of them even ripped. Kinessa has abs bro.

GaoShun
12-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Female Orc!! Ghrok needs some loving!!

buyingtime
12-31-2016, 11:59 AM
Just for clarification, I am not asking or recruiting to get rid of the current champions or change their look. I just would like to see some balance in future female champions. A non-human character would be great in my opinion.

And yes, Balance Feedback. =)

Gir8
12-31-2016, 04:10 PM
Why are they all human?
- Look at Guild Wars 2. They found that most of the characters created were human. Humans just like playing as humans, even in fantasy settings (ironic). I don't see a problem in a female animal though if the artists choose to add one.

Why are they all perfectly shaped?
- Sex sells. In general, guys shovel money at games to make their girls pretty. Some girls do too for their guys. TBH though, I don't think the guy characters are much better. Excluding the animals, they're all buff and handsome. Add the fact that this is a free-2-play game, and the answer is even more apparent. This isn't reality though; it's just a video-game. So I'm okay with perfectly-shaped Disney princesses.

If you want a more politically correct game, I suggest checking out Overwatch. Don't just expect game designers to adhere to your values.

costanata00
12-31-2016, 04:42 PM
of course this is a appropriate post for balance feedback

MintyCoffee
12-31-2016, 05:16 PM
So basically... feminism, feminism, feminism...
Who cares?

Pratigious
01-01-2017, 08:40 PM
This post screams stupidity.

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 08:48 PM
of course this is a appropriate post for balance feedback

ying's hips are well balanced

Zari2016
01-02-2017, 09:37 AM
No fine (sexualized) female character?
I quit this game!

No seriously now, what the hell is in some people head?
I don't think is a problem about feminazi here.

In 1400-1600 ages, a female with Cassie's breasts was a Bless from God.
Well try to find now someone like that without implants. I wish you good luck in your search.

Leraje
01-02-2017, 12:54 PM
In 1400-1600 ages, a female with Cassie's breasts was a Bless from God.
Well try to find now someone like that without implants. I wish you good luck in your search.

Huuh, I was there and I can tell you there was more than you think.. Duh !

LinkAkward
01-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Hi-rez sould add a fat looking female with a big meatclubb in her hand <3 YMMIE meat <3