PDA

View Full Version : Evie is absolutely broken compared to the other flankers.

RustEDHanDS
12-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Even tho Evies bonus damage from Blink got nerfed, she does way too much with her base damage. It is getting ridiculous. Seeing people getting quadra kills just because she does 1000 damage a shot, kills you in like 3 shots even with Blast Shield II and then just flies off for 80% of the map because of those stupid movement cards. Then the cycle repeats.

Something needs to be done about this. At least nerf her movement which is also a bloody hassle.

EvieIV
12-21-2016, 08:22 AM
yeah flank is op cause she flanks, nerf her flanking, also nerf frontlines tankiness

rixinthemix
12-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Don't worry. With TTK to be adjusted, people will survive a little longer against Evies when Season 1 hits in the next patch or so.

I hope.

JewelThief1
12-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Evie is too vulnerable with a slow firing weapon, so she can't hit much because she can't get in close.

ThatOthell159
12-21-2016, 02:39 PM
If Evie is so OP (she is) learn her and carry games, it is what I did with my smurf.

woofoo
12-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Problem with evie is that if you are playing safe there isnt much enemy team can do about you, its just not possible to kill her. Wormhole just gives her way to much and most champions have no answer to that. Whatever comes with next update i do hope that it will help other champions to deal better with evie, otherwise she will get nerfed again, and again and again because hi rez dont have the balls to remove wormhole.

EvieIV
12-22-2016, 02:35 AM
Problem with evie is that if you are playing safe there isnt much enemy team can do about you, its just not possible to kill her. Wormhole just gives her way to much and most champions have no answer to that. Whatever comes with next update i do hope that it will help other champions to deal better with evie, otherwise she will get nerfed again, and again and again because hi rez dont have the balls to remove wormhole.

statements like this make me laugh

ThunderBubble
12-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Even tho Evies bonus damage from Blink got nerfed, she does way too much with her base damage. It is getting ridiculous. Seeing people getting quadra kills just because she does 1000 damage a shot, kills you in like 3 shots even with Blast Shield II and then just flies off for 80% of the map because of those stupid movement cards. Then the cycle repeats.

Something needs to be done about this. At least nerf her movement which is also a bloody hassle.

Have you ever played Evie? sounds to me like you haven't, she deals lots of damage but, she has the LOWEST health in the entire game. Her fire rate is every 1 second, and the projectile speed is by far the slowest in the whole game.

Sounds to me like you're one of those "Oh she's op she's op" *Goes to play that champ* "This champ SUCKS!"

If you can't kill Evie, That's your problem. I play her, i kill her, she really isn't difficult, you have to know what you're playing against.

TheMikirog
12-23-2016, 01:46 AM
It's hard to take it seriously. The really good Evie players will do their dandest to be as annoying as possible.
Steps to achieving that:
- Get a Wormhole card, second level is enough
- Blink to a player, shoot, Blink away
- If he/she still sees you, use Ice Block for about half a second
- Soar away
- Wait for all abilities to recharge
- Repeat
It's not just skill reasons I can't fight. She's hard to hit, even with Direct damage. Sometimes I think Blink glitches the htiboxes a bit or something. The only way to kill her is to wait for her to make a mistake or catch her when he's regenerating. There's nothing wrong with the current playstyle, but it has to be counterable. Maybe increasing the time when you Blink by an unsignificant amount? Now it takes around 1/3 to 1/2 a second. How about 3/4 second?

I'm not mad because this character is broken. I'm mad that it's frustrating to play against.
I played Evie a bit and it wasn't too bad. Mainly because I was invincible? If you know what you're doing, you won't get caught. The other team has no chances. You have to get a very specific champion, like Bomb King's stun or Makoa's hook. But even then, half the time she's able to escape. The problem is the many survival abilities Evie can use. You can't look at a champion just based on his/her damage output and healthpool, right? Abilities are even more important than the base stats themselves. It seems like people ignore the most important things that build a champion just to prove their points. Pure stats isn't enough, people!

SlenderLegs
12-23-2016, 04:18 AM
I never seen someone get quadra with Evie

Commando7
12-23-2016, 04:28 AM
Even if i try, i cant follow and catch evie because she doesnt STOP. Blink forward, blink back, soar, ice block and blink forward, blink back. And evie is the one of hardest aiming champions in the game but her mobility is removes this problem. She can easily blink your near.

woofoo
12-23-2016, 09:32 AM
statements like this make me laugh

10/10 argument there.

Evie have terrible design, deal with it. She WILL get nerfed again i can promise you that. Most champions cant do anything about her since she have TWO blinks on a 4/6 sec CD, not to mention soar and iceblock, its not possible to kill her (aside if she can kill others while trying to stay alive).

She cant stay like that, its toxic and unfun to play against and unless her whole kit change she will get nerfed to the ground at some point (and rightly so). Also i hear it a lot how high risk high reward she is, problem is that she is the safest champion to play in this game. Her skill floor and skill celling are both high, which is why you cant see her as a problem at your low MMR, get a bit higher and you will see why she is broken. Even if she doesnt kill anyone she takes so much of your attention that your team often breaks because of that.

There is also issues that some genius decided that her blink and left click have pretty much the same animation so its often impossible to track her (because the range of her blink is insane, another flawed card), add VERY poor audio (including directional cues, no vertical cues, overall sound bugs) and you have a champion that have no counters aside from having a much better team (and even if you win, its just never fun against good evie, NEVER).

Its also worth mentioning that 5 nerfs ago she was considered trash tier and i still see her in every single game and she still gets nerfed every second patch.

EvieIV
12-23-2016, 11:04 AM
10/10 argument there.

Evie have terrible design, deal with it. She WILL get nerfed again i can promise you that. Most champions cant do anything about her since she have TWO blinks on a 4/6 sec CD, not to mention soar and iceblock, its not possible to kill her (aside if she can kill others while trying to stay alive).

She cant stay like that, its toxic and unfun to play against and unless her whole kit change she will get nerfed to the ground at some point (and rightly so). Also i hear it a lot how high risk high reward she is, problem is that she is the safest champion to play in this game. Her skill floor and skill celling are both high, which is why you cant see her as a problem at your low MMR, get a bit higher and you will see why she is broken. Even if she doesnt kill anyone she takes so much of your attention that your team often breaks because of that.

There is also issues that some genius decided that her blink and left click have pretty much the same animation so its often impossible to track her (because the range of her blink is insane, another flawed card), add VERY poor audio (including directional cues, no vertical cues, overall sound bugs) and you have a champion that have no counters aside from having a much better team (and even if you win, its just never fun against good evie, NEVER).

Its also worth mentioning that 5 nerfs ago she was considered trash tier and i still see her in every single game and she still gets nerfed every second patch.

wormhole can kill evie
ice block will kill evie
soar can sometimes kill evie

git gud

BrunoABigBS
12-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Have you ever played Evie? sounds to me like you haven't, she deals lots of damage but, she has the LOWEST health in the entire game. Her fire rate is every 1 second, and the projectile speed is by far the slowest in the whole game.

Sounds to me like you're one of those "Oh she's op she's op" *Goes to play that champ* "This champ SUCKS!"

If you can't kill Evie, That's your problem. I play her, i kill her, she really isn't difficult, you have to know what you're playing against.

totally agreed with you! for example a kinessa with her ultimate can kill evie with full health! thats alot and yeah you guys need to know how to play with her, i know how to play and how to kill her easy, thats why i dont have any sort of problem i actually thing that her health is way too low

BrunoABigBS
12-23-2016, 11:35 AM
wormhole can kill evie
ice block will kill evie

git gud

if i use ice block in pvp im almost 100% dead without a doubt

Wallachia
12-23-2016, 11:36 AM
if i use ice block in pvp im almost 100% dead without a doubt

Using ice block mid combat is the worst idea ever. IT's very hard to imagine Evie extending her life by doing that.

woofoo
12-23-2016, 02:15 PM
wormhole can kill evie
ice block will kill evie

git gud

Seeing that i have twice your elo its probably you that needs to git gut and learn when to use things so they dont kill you.

Gordyne
12-23-2016, 02:32 PM
10/10 argument there.

I have to agree. Evie is a hard champ to balance, she has too much "influence" in the game and can contribute a lot even if the player sucks.

IMO she is simply too safe(with the right cards) for the pressure she can apply if you take a bit of time to learn her.

ThatOthell159
12-23-2016, 02:41 PM
10/10 argument there.

Just learn her bro, enjoy her brokenness before she gets another nerf. PS: It is really satisfying to kill Viktors and other squishies and watching them suffer as they have absolutely 0 chance of survival if you know how to play her properly. :cool:

EvieIV
12-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Seeing that i have twice your elo its probably you that needs to git gut and learn when to use things so they dont kill you.

that's a cool made up thing, and that's why i had never seen you in competitive rite, cause you have more elo than the top10 players but you're not in the leaderboard, maybe you are the number 0

woofoo
12-23-2016, 03:31 PM
that's a cool made up thing, and that's why i had never seen you in competitive rite, cause you have more elo than the top10 players but you're not in the leaderboard, maybe you are the number 0

Paladins guru exist and while it isnt 100% accurate, it is quite close. Lets be honest here, according to this site i am in top 100 while you are in top... 236,652 so yea. Dont want to burst your bubble but people with less than 2000 elo most of the time have no clue what they are doing, let alone play evie correctly (obviously there are exceptions). Drop that git gut attitude at least until you play against experienced players.

EvieIV
12-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Paladins guru exist and while it isnt 100% accurate, it is quite close. Lets be honest here, according to this site i am in top 100 while you are in top... 236,652 so yea. Dont want to burst your bubble but people with less than 2000 elo most of the time have no clue what they are doing, let alone play evie correctly (obviously there are exceptions). Drop that git gut attitude at least until you play against experienced players.

mhm bird is a completely bad player, and bugzy can't play drogoz for shit (well i lost to him but still)

woofoo
12-23-2016, 03:35 PM
mhm bird is a completely bad player, and bugzy can't play drogoz for shit (well i lost to him but still)

With your casual/ranked elo you rarely, if ever, play against them so drop the act.

EvieIV
12-23-2016, 03:54 PM
With your casual/ranked elo you rarely, if ever, play against them so drop the act.

i agree you know more about me than i do

ps i got repped by someone with no rep power who was that

woofoo
12-23-2016, 04:12 PM
i agree you know more about me than i do

ps i got repped by someone with no rep power who was that

You are aware that paladins guru have match history right ? Just compare who i play against and who you play against, ALL of them are better than you, let alone people with 1400 or less elo you tend to play against. Just today i played against/with Fisheko, Kaizoss , Sorsa, Supezo , bugzy and so on, all of them ranked in ranked games in top 1000 (most in top 500) meanwhile you play against guys that are above top 100 000 or close to that with one good player per team that doesnt even break top 1000.

You are obviously a lot worse than you think you are but yet feel like your opinion have more value than others, reality check mate, you play at low elo, deal with it.

EvieIV
12-23-2016, 04:41 PM
You are aware that paladins guru have match history right ? Just compare who i play against and who you play against, ALL of them are better than you, let alone people with 1400 or less elo you tend to play against. Just today i played against/with Fisheko, Kaizoss , Sorsa, Supezo , bugzy and so on, all of them ranked in ranked games in top 1000 (most in top 500) meanwhile you play against guys that are above top 100 000 or close to that with one good player per team that doesnt even break top 1000.

You are obviously a lot worse than you think you are but yet feel like your opinion have more value than others, reality check mate, you play at low elo, deal with it.

i've been in top100 leaderboards for competitive myself a month ago so yeah i obviously play with people who are above 100k rank

well no sarcasm this time mm does make that one true for whatever reason
you bloat yourself with arguments coming from guru elo and yet think evie is unkillable cause of her ice block

like come on if i ever see you play evie against me you're gonna feed your ass i can assure you

ThunderBubble
12-23-2016, 09:37 PM
I never seen someone get quadra with Evie

I have gotten a quadra with her, i used my ult on the point, and killed everyone, just about.

dmantakae
12-24-2016, 01:56 AM
Closing thread.

Thanks for your feedback!

Also, in the future, please refrain from posting fad statements such as "git gud" - If you (and this goes for everyone who participated) have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, then don't post. And no, arguments over one's skill level do not count as constructive feedback, please keep these comments to yourselves.