PDA

View Full Version : Every Champion is OP! Nerf them all!

Arcie
12-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Seriously, the only champions I haven't seen with "This Champion is OP" threads recently are Grohk, Grover, Kinessa, and Skye.

Fernando has too much HP and a big shield with a really amazing movement skill.
Makoa can hook people and destroy them.
Barik's turrets make him too strong.
Ruckus does too much damage and has too much defense.

Evie is too quick and teleports. Viktor does too much damage.
Androxus does too much damage.
Buck is too quick and does too much damage.

Pip's Chicken Bomb is too hard to deal with.
Ying's heal clones stick around too long.
Mal'Damba has too much stun.

Cassie has too much bonus damage.
Drogoz has too much knock back and mobility for his damage.
Bomb King has too much CC and Jolt IV is OP.
Viktor does too much damage.
Sha Lin does a stupid amount of damage in Plant.

If everyone is OP, that makes everyone P. I admit to have made numerous posts about certain character abilities and overall, certain characters being OP. I was on the Skye's Ultimate bandwagon and I still maintain that it was making new players stop because it was difficult to counter with the poor interface and no fall off damage at the time. I still think Jolt IV is a bit too much character control for Bomb King. Mal'Damba's stunlock is a bit broken. But all of these concerns are in context of Casual play or solo-queue Competitive.

As I have put more time in the game, I have come to learn the character counters and how to best communicate with teammates I don't have in Discord. This game isn't meant to be a free for all deathmatch, it's a team based game with team based objectives. Start playing it like that and these characters will quickly become significantly more manageable.

Having a casual mode and a competitive mode causes issues for balance which a lot of people here don't seem to understand on both sides of the coin. Casual players don't understand how to deal with a Ruckus on the point or a solid flanker like a well played Buck simply because Casual tends to be a low communication situation. Competitive players don't understand how it can be so difficult to move out of line of sight from the Skye Ult or the Grumpy Bomb, or how it can be so hard to call out flankers and prioritize targets.

Hi-Rez needs Casual players to keep playing but they also need Competitive players to push the eSports scene. They can't leave the Skye ult in a state which makes newer players frustrated just because the ranked players think the new players should "get gud". At the same time, they cannot nerf Bomb King's CC to oblivion just because new players don't see the value of considering Resilience in a tank build (guilty as charged). It's a very difficult balance to walk and I commend them so far, even though I feel this game is far from perfect. As a community made up of new players and veterans (and those of us somewhere between), we need to try to see each other's sides in these.

I was inspired to write this when I read a thread where someone was complaining about Ruckus being impossible to deal with. Some of the posts were along the lines of "get gud" but a handful were more informative, including detailed strategies for countering a Ruckus trying to fight for the point. I am reminded of posting about Skye's ult being too strong when I first started playing in OB37. Pretty much every response was "Learn to LoS" even though most of these issues pertained to points with very little ability to LoS. Someone mentioned that the Payload can be used to LoS, which hadn't always worked when I first tried it. With practice, that one piece of information, hidden among all the "get gud" elitist comments furthered my skill with multiple champions in multiple situations. Recently, I have been picking Resilience against numerous team compositions which include Mal'Damba, Bomb King, and Pip (to name a few) and have been finding much more success in the tank role. I still think the card system should allow for a hybrid between Haven/Blast Shield and Resilience, but these situations aren't nearly as unmanageable as they once were.

I guess my sum up is this. If you are new and feel a character is overpowered or too strong to deal with, ask the community how to modify your gameplay. There is a lot of good information out there and a lot of users who will freely share their own experience with you. Don't be afraid to take advice and don't be stubborn (like I was in the past on a few points). If you are a veteran who sees one of these posts saying a champion is unmanageable, remember that you were there at one point. There was a champion you consistently died to and maybe someone gave you some advice that helped you change up your gameplay a little bit to manage that champion or combination of champions. This is a game and we are all here to have fun. Remember to tip your waitresses and report hackers!

KicksBrickster
12-19-2016, 05:35 AM
In my defense, I said he was strong, not super OP, and only needed to be adjusted to fit his class better, not a significant nerf, and asked for strategies too. However, I do understand your point, and agree with it.

When it comes down to it, some people don't understand the meta, especially newer players. These are players who are still trying things out and don't know how to play yet, thus don't know effective ways to deal with certain champions. Skye is a noobstomper, so new players will think she's OP, then be surprised when we talk about how weak she actually is (until OB40, can't wait). A lot of balance threads can be taken with a grain of salt for this reason. Nearly every champion in the game is almost perfectly balanced.

However, when someone has tried several avenues from several different angles yet still has a problem, has played long enough to recognize that the problem is only a recent one and knows the meta, has analyzed that problem and figured out what the problem appears to be, then makes a detailed post that is not a spur-of-the-moment rsge induced topic, it might be worth discussing. I know those are the only topics I invest a lot of time into replying to, simply cos they deserve one. And if that person is wrong, make it clear that they are wrong and discuss it. By the same token, a rage-induced 'Nerf this $%& now!' topic isn't worth investing time into, cos they don't know what they're talking about and don't bother with arguments.

SlenderLegs
12-19-2016, 07:10 AM
if everyone is OP then there is no reason to nerf them all. Because then everyone is balanced

zVersee
12-19-2016, 07:17 AM
if everyone is OP then there is no reason to nerf them all. Because then everyone is balanced

That's not the case, people have different opinions about who is op - noone thinks them all are op aka balanced (except the ones who doesn't complain about it, thinks the game is fairly balanced and understands that certain champs is stronger in certain situations and weaker in other).

LinkAkward
12-19-2016, 07:21 AM
poeple complain about OP champs cuz they dont know how to counter them!
here is a tip. stop buy agression and haven.

the only champs that has been alil OP ( befor OB40 ) where Cassie and andro. but thats fixed now.
so atm. no one is OP. Not even Tyra is OP.

only way a champion can get OP atm is by the player, who can play that champ in hes/her sleep.

TheZurreal
12-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Fernando Op. stoppped reading there

EvieIV
12-19-2016, 09:34 AM
just nerf sha lin, tyra and drogoz then we fine

TriggerSmile
12-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Im pretty sure that Fire Bomb of Tyra is going to break the game.

BossBrown
12-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Well when you got people crying about things like "KINESSA OP NERF HER" I can fully understand why elitist run the get gud line. Know what you are on about before you chat or ask appropriately if you b struggling it really is dat simple then you will find no one will be paring you off as a scrub post. It is the equivalent of someone trying to tell a rocket scientist about rocket science because he read a book one time and on the way people go on here the rocket scientist would just probably tell the guy to F off with your crap. No one expects anyone to be pro but learn what you are on about before you run gums that is all, casual players will remain as long as shinies exist like in every other game hence it is in almost every other game they can call OP on things that are balanced or not the changes that take place will be irrelevant to them like in other game unless they actually aim to get better

LinkAkward
12-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Fire bomb from tyra is not even close to OP! everyone who has played on PTS knows this. and if someone says anything else. then learn how to counter her befor crying that she is OP. cuz she aint near OP.

ThatOthell159
12-19-2016, 04:31 PM
If everyone is OP, then nobody is OP and everyone is balanced.

Everyone champion in this game is balanced, some are just more balanced than others.

EvieIV
12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
If everyone is OP, then nobody is OP and everyone is balanced.

Everyone champion in this game is balanced, some are just more balanced than others.

skye is very balanced, ever seen her hips?

ThatOthell159
12-19-2016, 05:28 PM

http://cybersportvirtus.cdnvideo.ru/upload/comments_img/9ce/kreygasm.png

BuddySpy
12-20-2016, 09:43 AM

Do you experience Skye's Hidden bug sometimes? It gives you the additional speed but keeps you visible. It's very broken to me.

EvieIV
12-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Do you experience Skye's Hidden bug sometimes? It gives you the additional speed but keeps you visible. It's very broken to me.

that is called victory rush

LinkAkward
12-20-2016, 12:46 PM
that is called victory rush

best answer today xD i freeking love you

EvieIV
12-20-2016, 01:55 PM
best answer today xD i freeking love you

leave +reps then

VaniaDelicia
12-20-2016, 02:28 PM
They need to buffs Ying btw. Her mspd too slow

BuddySpy
12-21-2016, 08:59 AM
They need to buffs Ying btw. Her mspd too slow

Ying looks kinda weak against Mal'Damba now. The nerfs were too many.