PDA

View Full Version : Don't let us lose competitive points

BuddySpy
12-18-2016, 11:26 AM
Yes, it sounds weird.

But nothing in this game is more destroying than losing in competitive because of losing points. Today I have to enjoy 10 competitive losses and the endings were close or my teams were incompetent.

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 11:31 AM
so make it that the top1 guy is the one who has played more rather than who's best?

Mexdragon
12-18-2016, 11:41 AM
your suggestion makes no sense at all, as EvieIV said, having the most hours in game doesn't make you the best. ELO has always worked like that in any game (i.e. Clash Royale). Getting more points by your own merit has always been the way to go.

BuddySpy
12-18-2016, 01:23 PM
your suggestion makes no sense at all, as EvieIV said, having the most hours in game doesn't make you the best. ELO has always worked like that in any game (i.e. Clash Royale). Getting more points by your own merit has always been the way to go.

So competitive is never painful to you?
You also find it fair that you can lose 300 points a match and win a maximum of 100?
And do you know the player with the most hours has to be one of the best still?

Well, it's a pure teamgame. If I have the bad luck getting bad teams, it's my job to accept it. But give me a chance to tell me that I am not satisfied as how it works at the moment. Completely not.

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 01:34 PM
So competitive is never painful to you?
You also find it fair that you can lose 300 points a match and win a maximum of 100?
And do you know the player with the most hours has to be one of the best still?

Well, it's a pure teamgame. If I have the bad luck getting bad teams, it's my job to accept it. But give me a chance to tell me that I am not satisfied as how it works at the moment. Completely not.

everyone knows it's bad and everyone plays it casually, nobody really cares what your rating is

Azurion
12-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Rating means nothing these day

OdettexFury
12-18-2016, 02:18 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder957/46212957.jpg

Like others have said, rating means nothing these days. Should the matchmaking ever improve, then perhaps ratings will hold some sort of value---but for the time being, just be casual and enjoy what you can.

EpplZ
12-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Nah, you need to lose point, but rating should take into consideration your personal performance to be more forgiving when you lose but did your best, clearly a loss at 4/3, with positive kdr and most time on obj should not punish you as badly as a 4/0 loss (stomped) in 3 minutes when you did shit.

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Nah, you need to lose point, but rating should take into consideration your personal performance to be more forgiving when you lose but did your best, clearly a loss at 4/3, with positive kdr and most time on obj should not punish you as badly as a 4/0 loss (stomped) in 3 minutes when you did shit.

thing is a 4-0 stomping usually tends to be cause big elo difference so it kind of takes less points than when it's close for some reason

BuddySpy
12-18-2016, 02:51 PM
thing is a 4-0 stomping usually tends to be cause big elo difference so it kind of takes less points than when it's close for some reason

It makes no sense to lose tons of points due to a very close match.
It would make sense to lose points because of dealing a bad job as Flank, Support or whatever.

We receive/lose competitive points for winning/losing so it's a slot machine. Who gets the better team, wins. Except the top 10 Androxus I had as enemy and he was losing. He managed it to 1 vs 4 my team while I was making problems in a 1 vs 4 (enemy team) and did not deal vs their Androxus because I thought my team could kill him. It takes a lot of skill to go over the team and win the game almost alone. This can be only possible as damage champion, Androxus or Evie.

Nylisa
12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
these points should be based on win/lose PLUS player score in that match depending on the class a frontliner that shields for 200K and still lose shouldn't be punished as harsh as losing all the points they have... a support that heals for 150K shouldn't be punished for rest of the team's incompetence!
not losing points is not the way it needs changes so it takes into account the players skill as well as win/lose

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 05:09 PM
these points should be based on win/lose PLUS player score in that match depending on the class a frontliner that shields for 200K and still lose shouldn't be punished as harsh as losing all the points they have... a support that heals for 150K shouldn't be punished for rest of the team's incompetence!
not losing points is not the way it needs changes so it takes into account the players skill as well as win/lose

issue is that can be abused in a bad way.

You're a damage champ? let's 1v5 everytime shooting random stuff so that even if we lose we do not get so many points deducted

Nylisa
12-19-2016, 02:54 AM
issue is that can be abused in a bad way.

You're a damage champ? let's 1v5 everytime shooting random stuff so that even if we lose we do not get so many points deducted

yeah but how long a 1vs5 damage can last? more often than not when its 1vs5 you either die very fast or if you run you get chased by half of those 5 , its often death if you try to do that :P

but i see your point xD

EpplZ
12-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Role point (shielding / healing / damage done --> basically credits) + KDR * Kills (to weigh the kdr so a player with 2/0/1 does not have the same impact as a player with 20/0/10) + Solokills (to take into account succesfull aggressive players and player impacting on 1V1) / same thing but team average ==> you see who performed best within the team then you take that number to fiddle with who lose (or gain) more ELO than the others even in losing. This way credits is still the predominant statistic as the scale is way higher than KDR*kills or solokills so you still want to incentive role players, but the kills counts too because well, its a fps afterall!

Its just an exemple and the magic number will never be 100% accurate, but I really think that they should work around something like that to get a proprietary rating calculation that would be fair from everyone and take personal performance into consideration.