PDA

View Full Version : Evie

rafa
12-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Pls nerf this heroe because shows no skill on her. Its only blink,transform on cube and run and her damage its kinda stupid. Simple reduce her damage and put her cooldowns higher to ppl not abuse of her.

Azurion
12-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Evie is already nerfed alot , and dont need another nerf, shes easy to predict now and can be countered, if you get trap its your fault and you might get punished. Same thing for any flanker,and pay attention to skye next patch because hue hue

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 07:26 AM
transform on cube and die*

JTheJackal
12-18-2016, 08:24 AM
It can be annoying going up against a good Evie. I wouldn't say there's no skill to her though; I'm trash with her so I can appreciate a good Evie.

Knightenstein
12-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Not to mention that you can hit or hook an EV thats at the start of her blink or just broke out of her ice block. Also the fact that cauterize still works on her even when she is in an ice block if you keep shooting her with cauterize.
So no. She doesn't need a nerf at all. I'd say buffs to her projectile speed or make her invulnerable during the duration of her blink instead but that would be pushing it now, wouldn't it?
Show EV some more love even if you get your ass kicked by drogoz missiles on a stick but from an ice witch that flies on a broomstick instead of a jetpack and wings.

OdettexFury
12-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Like the others have said, she's already been nerfed substantially. She also requires a good deal of skill to play effectively and efficiently. She is a very squishy flank that melts under any kind of pressure which is why she depends upon her mobility skills and her ice block. A good Evie is a godsend when she's on your team and sent by the devil when she's on the enemy team. To counter her, be aware of your surroundings and listen for her. She's a flank, so an Evie with skill won't come at you from head-on but rather from the side or from behind. When she ice blocks, she's an easy kill once she comes out of it---so wait until she does and pew-pew-pew her.

Aclonolgi
12-18-2016, 12:09 PM
flying on your broomstick doesn't guarantee your safety from sniper though

Zeraphine
12-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Evie is for cowards just like Skye. Flying away, hiding in an iceblock or teleporting around and then she got the biggest 1-projectile-damage of all. If you teleport near you hit the opponent 99%. Slow projectile speed ain't an excuse.

Some things like her iceblock or Fernandos Ult or Makoas Ult (that heals him instantly and gives him insane amount of hp) are just annoying and not challenging or innovative.

Nudgarrobot
12-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Zeraphine- According to both Masterpaladins and Paladins Guru, you've never even played Evie. "If you teleport near you hit the opponent 99%. Slow projectile speed ain't an excuse." (too lazy to /quote ) Firstly, grammar. Secondly, this is utterly untrue except against maybe Kinessa (Depending on how clueless the Kinessa is) and it sounds like you're complaining for complaining's sake.
For instance, I hate Cassie and I dislike Pip, but it's not because I have any illusions about what their sets do or don't do. I've played some of both of them, despite their being my least liked characters (on a balance level) because I refuse to let my opinion be an uninformed one. I advise you to do the same.
Also, you don't really use Evie's ice block for the heal. Even if you take the card for it it's a mediocre heal and utterly optional. You use ice block as a spot dodge and even then it's a risky spot dodge in anything that isn't a 1v1 because you can be blindsided coming out of it, since you'll be vulnerable in one obvious spot for a moment before being able to take any action. Are you similarly opposed to Androxys reversal or Ruckus' shields for damage reduction? I'm not entirely sure what the point you're trying to make is about dodge or bait abilities.
Hell, I was on another thread about Evie's wormhole card earlier and someone made the case that you didn't need wormhole whatsoever. The person used killing frost builds, so, even though I totally disagreed with the person (I still disagree with them, it's just a fun pubstomp) I went into the game and played 4 games on wormholeless, Impact IV Killing Frost II Evie. And it didn't NOT work, so much as it just wasn't super consistent. If you were doing badly with the build, you were doing really badly at that point. If you were doing well, you were crushing. I won 3/4 of the games, with an overall K/D/A for them of 82/51/29, which proved that the other person's build ideas could work fairly well(Again, if inconsistently) despite not having wormhole, which I admitted. The only reason I can credibly talk on the subject though, is because I've actually given it a go both ways.

Also, and for clarity's sake: I'm not saying that you don't get to have an opinion because you've never played a character. But what I am saying is that you're going to run into a lot more opposition and a lot more issues if you're talking completely from an observer level instead of a player level. What I mean by this is, say I watch all the Paladins tournaments. I'm still my own ELO, my own rank, but suddenly I have all these ideas about how things should be changed or nerfed or buffed in high level tournament play. My opinions are valid, but they're ungrounded in any kind of real sense because I don't play in high level tournaments. The same is true when speaking to the balance of characters you don't play.

TriggerSmile
12-18-2016, 10:17 PM
transform on cube and die*

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so true