PDA

View Full Version : Buck can jump too far/high and too often

Zeraphine
12-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Since the other "Buck op fml" thread ended up in kiddy talk, i need to start another.

It is kinda game breaking when Buck can jump over almost the half map within 1 second (and back after very short cooldown) with the right cards, besides the massive damage his bullets do and the massive self-healing he can apply.

Buck needs to be balanced in any direction.

Atilah
12-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Buck is destroyed always in 2vs1, so try to play with a mate near, he is not able to kill people in 2vs1 (if the enemy hit him, ofc). But it is true that cooldown of the jump is very low.

Ossuby
12-16-2016, 12:13 PM
I always play comp with a friend, and we always move together, take down opponents together and we are on skype, discord together.

If you want to play with me. My discord link is here: https://discord.gg/jt2sfVS

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Let's remove a core champion ability that makes him a flank.

Next suggestion: Remove Viktor's rifle.

EvieIV
12-16-2016, 01:32 PM

it was already removed

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 02:23 PM
it was already removed

ahhh thought it was just a visual bug on my end, guess others have it too xD

well he's still op without rifle so let's cut off his arms

moneymaker01
12-16-2016, 02:27 PM

they don't have to remove it, they just have to make the cooldown longer or the jump itself shorter

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 02:29 PM
they don't have to remove it, they just have to make the cooldown longer or the jump itself shorter

That's the same as saying:

-Nerf Evie's blink and soar mobility
-Nerf Androxus' Nether step
-Nerf Skye's invisibility

It just doesn't work. They may as well be relabeled damage if that's the case.

EvieIV
12-16-2016, 02:31 PM
buck's leap is 6sec. buck's damage is laughable, why would you nerf him

tuckingwhatm8
12-16-2016, 02:38 PM
have you even played him?hes clearly not op

Zeraphine
12-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Yes and as i said, maybe it is just a certain card combination that makes him jump too far or let him jump 2 times short after another. Combined with his healing and damage this just seems op towards other champs.

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Yes and as i said, maybe it is just a certain card combination that makes him jump too far or let him jump 2 times short after another. Combined with his healing and damage this just seems op towards other champs.

AKA Viktor, so stop playing him.

Rimarlk
12-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Since the other "Buck op fml" thread ended up in kiddy talk, i need to start another.

It is kinda game breaking when Buck can jump over almost the half map within 1 second (and back after very short cooldown) with the right cards, besides the massive damage his bullets do and the massive self-healing he can apply.

1) Buck has to invest substantial points into cards to jump that far that quickly.

2) Buck has a massive damage drop-off when he's not right next to you.

3) Buck's damage right next to you isn't even that great unless he's in his ultimate

4) Buy cauterize...

Zeraphine
12-16-2016, 03:56 PM
AKA Viktor, so stop playing him.

Check my stats, i almost never play viktor.
http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/Zeraphine

PTLagger
12-16-2016, 08:40 PM

Double jump Buck? Hell no. You are trying to make him more broken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHuYb6VTs8

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Double jump Buck? Hell no. You are trying to make him more broken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHuYb6VTs8

Still more balanced than present-day Cassie.

Kodykintae
12-18-2016, 12:46 PM
yup! he needs a nerf to his leap big time. 4 sec cd with no cd cards activated and it starts ticking the moment he jumps. what a joke.

Nylisa
12-18-2016, 03:51 PM
jumping to far ? makes sense , jumping to often ? makes sense , jumping too high ? that makes sense as well , but how the hell can he change his direction and trajectory mid air? rocket boots? jetpack? thats the only thing that needs removing! not the rest :D

OdettexFury
12-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Check my stats, i almost never play viktor.
http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/Zeraphine

Do my eyes deceive me or does Guru show that you've never played Buck?

Zeraphine
12-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Do my eyes deceive me or does Guru show that you've never played Buck?
I did. But not too often.

EvieIV
12-18-2016, 04:08 PM
I did. But not too often.

nice
let's nerf this champ cause i don't play as him anyway so my champs should always be more op than those champs i don't like playing

Knightenstein
12-18-2016, 07:16 PM

ANOTHER one of these threads? You've got to be kidding me...

He jumps back and forth. Yeah so?
He's a flanker. That remains grounded. As in her jumps in and out. Not flies.
Does really weak damage. Yet hits the squishies where it hurts. Like a flank is supposed to.

You want to kill him or drive him off asap?
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/thumb/6/64/Card_Cauterize.png/90px-Card_Cauterize.png?version=dc5d1430f1012fbc2820847 2b37b4a3b
CAUTERIZE III

PTLagger
12-18-2016, 07:34 PM
yup! he needs a nerf to his leap big time. 4 sec cd with no cd cards activated and it starts ticking the moment he jumps. what a joke.

Look like you never played Buck

Ixim
12-18-2016, 07:49 PM
It actually occurred to me:

"What if Leg Day card is bugged and gives more thrust than intended?"

What's the difference between the jumps without LD, with LD II and with LD IV anyhow?