PDA

View Full Version : Oh,Azurion is happy now about skye !

Azurion
12-16-2016, 10:02 AM
So according to an early twitter made by drybear this morning skye is getting 2 new buff, so for ob40 Skye note should looks like this :

-Health reduced from 2000 to 1800
-Poisonbolt is now twice bigger
-Accuracy buffed to around 99% from 96%
-Now hidden have a base mouvement speed bonus
-to reaveal skye its still 1200 damage taken and not 1000 damage what players expected to be

This change is awsome and im happy on it, finally some skye love! there is maybe some bugs still around but its just a question of time now.

Thanks you Hi-rez after 4 month of being thrash tier she can finally comeback and do a better job !

Ob40 cant wait for u <3

SeYr0
12-16-2016, 10:07 AM
o k

EvieIV
12-16-2016, 10:38 AM
hidden always had base ms bonus lol

also, who cares about azurion he can't even skye at a half ass level as soon as the enemy doesn't stand still he loses his mind

Wallachia
12-16-2016, 10:41 AM
We are nerfing Skye

http://i.imgur.com/jydNuo9.jpg

Hm, better buff Skye

http://i.imgur.com/m7z8FU7.jpg

Roster
12-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Don't be too rude guys

Azurion
12-16-2016, 10:45 AM
hidden always had base ms bonus lol

also, who cares about azurion he can't even skye at a half ass level as soon as the enemy doesn't stand still he loses his mind

sure im just getting around 150k damage when i smurf or around 80-100k when i play at my elo (lvl165) or 4500+ elo your funny

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/15555150_1208447402568130_279676354_o.png?oh=d7f1d b59c3a3569dfa32449af79ee159&oe=5857077D

nice meme EvieIV

EvieIV
12-16-2016, 10:49 AM
sure im just getting around 150k damage when i smurf or around 80-100k when i play at my elo (lvl165) or 4500+ elo your funny

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/15555150_1208447402568130_279676354_o.png?oh=d7f1d b59c3a3569dfa32449af79ee159&oe=5857077D

nice meme EvieIV

at level 20 who wouldn't get over 200k damage on even kinessa, but then you go to comp you get stomped cause you can't play skye at a good level is what i tell you

Azurion
12-16-2016, 10:53 AM
at level 20 who wouldn't get over 200k damage on even kinessa, but then you go to comp you get stomped cause you can't play skye at a good level is what i tell you

First i started to rank with skye against stolzey doesupz and stuff like this at the start of the rank release and since skye couldnt carry against those high level player my mmr got fked, my 2 last games had hacker and wee got aced by a 80/2 viktor called something like dontbemadbro, i just stopped to rank when my account reached master elo i dont care about comp scene if i want to do something at that level i can clearly just play with my current team at evie tournament dont be a dick lol you can just pass my post if your not happy your account lvl 50 make me puke anyways. and now that shes getting buff ill bring her in tournament

EvieIV
12-16-2016, 05:17 PM
First i started to rank with skye against stolzey doesupz and stuff like this at the start of the rank release and since skye couldnt carry against those high level player my mmr got fked, my 2 last games had hacker and wee got aced by a 80/2 viktor called something like dontbemadbro, i just stopped to rank when my account reached master elo i dont care about comp scene if i want to do something at that level i can clearly just play with my current team at evie tournament dont be a dick lol you can just pass my post if your not happy your account lvl 50 make me puke anyways. and now that shes getting buff ill bring her in tournament

go against me. that'll be fun

Azurion
12-16-2016, 05:59 PM
go against me. that'll be fun

you started to go against me at first place what will happen is that wee will get both ban lol

ProfDrMahler
12-16-2016, 06:43 PM
what was the rason on this thread again?

ThatOthell159
12-16-2016, 06:47 PM
what was the rason on this thread again?

What is the reason for life?

Rainheart
12-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Poisonbolt is now twice bigger
What does that mean anyway?

rixinthemix
12-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Skye can now shoot logs too.

ChaosAnimagic
12-16-2016, 09:01 PM
What does that mean anyway?

It means the hitbox for Poisonbolt is large, thus easier to land on other players.

And with the increased Accuracy, Skye can pretty much land 100% of PoisonBolt even by firing randomly at a semi-close range.

Izekio
12-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Skye can now shoot logs too.

It means Skye is a goddess now. Cant wait for hot fix 1 with 10 nerfs for Skye.

Tsuraika
12-16-2016, 09:10 PM
If they just made Skye Sombra, everybody would be happy. ;)

Azurion
12-16-2016, 10:43 PM
If they just made Skye Sombra, everybody would be happy. ;)

nop Even sombra, people are crying for a damage buff on her lol . but i dont think an AOE cripple ult in paladin would be worth it , well , it can but wee already have evie

Azurion
12-16-2016, 10:44 PM

yea i fell it too , i hope skye can be just better without behing OP AS FUCK at the same time i want to keep her more decent than what she was before ..

Rainheart
12-16-2016, 11:31 PM

Skye as a hard counter to the new Tyra, I think. Yeah, this course of action seems no good to me. "Skye is OP" thread will be revived.

Azurion
12-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Skye as a hard counter to the new Tyra, I think. Yeah, this course of action seems no good to me. "Skye is OP" thread will be revived.

The sad part is that skye needed this,cassie were op,androxus tho and every other champion could make their rule and solo carry a game if well played, now its the time to skye to shine :D Tested on the pts , after 1 year of gameplay shes never been at that level of power, lets see how it goes at high elo though

ProfDrMahler
12-17-2016, 07:25 AM
about tyra counter i think honestly all long ranged dmg dealer and maybe evn viktor himself
sky ... idk? thats not a buff in my opinion

PTLagger
12-17-2016, 08:26 AM
about tyra counter i think honestly all long ranged dmg dealer and maybe evn viktor himself
sky ... idk? thats not a buff in my opinion

Tyra is quite bad in close range, she can't throw her molotov right to her feet because it also burn herself, and she have 0 escape skill to avoid that

Azurion
12-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Tyra is quite bad in close range, she can't throw her molotov right to her feet because it also burn herself, and she have 0 escape skill to avoid that

Tyra is not op at all after testing on pts lol

PTLagger
12-17-2016, 10:34 AM

We need more play against high lvl players to confirm she is OP or bad, because in PTS we are just fight against Bots, they have crazy fast aim but they are dumb, they even stand still in her fire bomb in 6sec

EvieIV
12-17-2016, 10:43 AM

tyra not op? then let's remove her, what's the point on having a stupid champ we can't even play

Azurion
12-17-2016, 10:53 AM
tyra not op? then let's remove her, what's the point on having a stupid champ we can't even play

xD its just her insane accuracy that make her fight very at a close range wich is scary for a no escape champion wee will see what stolzey can do hue hue

SubjectToChangePLDNS
12-18-2016, 01:17 PM
My thoughts on the Skye changes atm:

- at first I thought (while watching "Late night with Raynday" aka OB40 stream) wth, they just CAN'T bring themselves to just buff Skye without "compensatory" nerfs, fear of Skye shitposting raid again?
But when I read about The RMB Buff + Hidden (possibly SS Stealth too) getting its base +movespeed BACK actually
(They literally ninja-nerfed it out, which caused me to go "huh?" and do some digging (statement from HR here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23000-Skye-quot-Dissipate-quot-Card-only-granting-1-3rd-of-intended-Value
Even though though after playtesting yet again I still came to the conclusion that Diss gives +5-20% MS only but nvm, still nice how HRez replied so quickly ^^)
I understood why HRez is taking down her HP.
It's not on live yet, no one knows how much the changes will affect Skye's strength but clearly the LMB Bloom and RMB hitbox buffs will make her damage pattern much more consistent than it is atm -> haters will default to raging about how 'no skill' she is and call for nerfs again.
As much as I personally think leaving HP as is would be okay because she's most likely still gonna be miles apart from becoming "best in class/slot" I think we Skye mains will still be fine because we had to learn the HARD way how to only pick fights we can win and also, my personal #1 reason for dying isn't getting outgunned from the start but rather failing to take down my intended target quickly enough and then giving chase instead of hightailing it outta there - which should happen way less often now that RNG won't rain on your parade as hard anymore.

Although I still think they are buffing her kit in the wrong places (as explained in a reply here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23001-Sooo-Skye-Rework-Soon(TM)-or-naw-No-buffs-for-so-long-smells-kinda-suspicious-)&p=133762 )
I'm still hyped to try her out because the changes still seem to address some of her bigger issues in a healthy way (QoL in applying dmg rather than just mindlessly buffing the numbers).

TL;DR (or rather, cleaner) VERSION:

- LMB accuracy buff was BADLY needed, 100% agree that should've been the first thing before trying buffs anywhere else.

- RMB hitbox buff is a nice idea because her combo stands and falls with those 3 little bolts which can be much trickier to hit than one would think (question tho: 200% hitbox-radius or -area?)
Plus: my personal favorite build (Cloak Reset with Confound + Pollute) becomes much more consistent through this yay! <3

- (Hidden/?Smokescreen stealth?)'s Base Movespeed comeback:
Buffing her mobility is the way to go IMO, also giving it(them?) a base MS buff enables loadout diversity instead of cementing The respective cards into our builds.
Not perfect but hey, fact is she's weak atm, she had this mechanic before -> tried and tested way to increase her viability so I'll take it (rly tho pls be a buff to both her forms of stealth... mah build... mah heart...)

- HP nerf (2000 -> 1800):
It won't hurt her too much I guess.
Skye is about avoiding damage, not tanking through it.
She SHOULD die in extended brawls, which she shouldn't be forced into as much now due to her more reliable damage.
In my opinion an unnecessary but justifiable and reasonable nerf.

- Summary:
Buffs to Skye's kit were long overdue and most of them are logical.
She will be in a better place than before although I still don't quite agree with the direction this is going.
She needs some form of verticality to keep up with all the other flankers, preferably a dash or blink.
It would be a shame if Paladins had overly situational champions.

Ixim
12-18-2016, 07:41 PM
People have advocated for the reduction in Skye's hitbox. While logically sound(she's a ninja or whatnot), there is one obstacle to that(and a simple explanation for a large hitbox):

"Yes, she's thin, but I'm afraid her butt fills the skye". Guess that's why she's called "Skye" lol.

(or at least that's my impression)