PDA

View Full Version : Make Grover a melee character again.

SoulReaper211
12-15-2016, 03:40 PM
I know this would be hard, however with Grover's passive healing when allies are near is counter productive to the fact that he does more damage when he's far away... I feel the best way to fix this is if you either take away that effect, or make him a melee character. When he was a melee character I had loads of fun. Now i don't play him.

moneymaker01
12-16-2016, 02:30 PM
I play grover by going in close at first and using my passive healing and q to help my team cap, use f to try to get higher up, then I prefire at corners where i know the enemy is coming from when they're coming back to point making the axe do more damage

Deaththekid8
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
SAME DUDE i want a melee character in paladins

Huttmunkkeeeys
01-08-2017, 10:35 PM
I know this would be hard, however with Grover's passive healing when allies are near is counter productive to the fact that he does more damage when he's far away... I feel the best way to fix this is if you either take away that effect, or make him a melee character. When he was a melee character I had loads of fun. Now i don't play him.

Although I would love a melee character in Paladins, I think Grover's attack is good. They could rework the damage a bit so he can do more at close range while still exerting pressure from afar. His axe throw is used to harass enemy damage dealers. Also, melee Grover kinda doesn't make sense since most frontliners are medium to close range while Grover is more medium to far range, giving the frontline support on harassing far ranged enemies. Also it'd ruin the fun of sitting on the point with Grover bunny hopping while chucking my axes at a noob kinessa who thinks they are a Roman Statue.

SnowTamer
01-09-2017, 04:55 AM
I think Grover is fine right now, as I feel they are trying to teach new players to stay further back, and not overextend, which I think is pretty helpful

Doxthehippy
01-16-2017, 05:01 AM
Although I would love a melee character in Paladins, I think Grover's attack is good. They could rework the damage a bit so he can do more at close range while still exerting pressure from afar. His axe throw is used to harass enemy damage dealers. Also, melee Grover kinda doesn't make sense since most frontliners are medium to close range while Grover is more medium to far range, giving the frontline support on harassing far ranged enemies. Also it'd ruin the fun of sitting on the point with Grover bunny hopping while chucking my axes at a noob kinessa who thinks they are a Roman Statue.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I main support and front line characters, and sometimes our flanks have trouble killing enemy back lines. Rukus is the only frontline with good range however the other three arent so as a support it is necessary to pick up the pace sometimes. For the targets your friendly fernando cant reach.

Z1R0
01-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Another side effect to the long range dmg increase is that many people take grover but play him far back in "sniper mode"
thus not helping the team at all, and in many cases it costs the game.
its not only counter productive, but really ill thought.

Insizer
01-16-2017, 12:37 PM
I like having a support with actual range. He is great for counter-sniping and covering threats which your teammates can't effectively address. Plus, i can't see a melee char doing all that well in a game where everyone has guns, but that's just me.

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 11:46 AM
i would take away his throw entirely, reworking him into a Melee based character that deals heavy damage by swinging his axe. throwing an infinite supply of axes not only is logically broken, but the fact it GAINS velocity / power the farther it travels makes absolutely no sense. hes basically a Tank that can heal, has the mobility of a Sniper, and range / damage of Frontline DPS. its too much and needs to taken down a peg

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I like having a support with actual range. He is great for counter-sniping and covering threats which your teammates can't effectively address. Plus, i can't see a melee char doing all that well in a game where everyone has guns, but that's just me.

Reinhart in Overwatch is purely melee in a game full of range, yet he is currently the best tank in the current meta. just tossing that out there

XFARWARX
01-17-2017, 02:38 PM
melee grover yeah :rolleyes:

BahaisDontKill
01-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Grover is fine. They shouldnt change a balanced and fun champ. They could make another meele champ, but let Grover be. His axes dont make sense, but they are a cool game mechanic. You can snipe the backlines, when you are at the objective. We don't have another front line sniper, so why change Grover?