PDA

View Full Version : feedback

spore93
12-15-2016, 06:04 AM
the game is good,the music in the log in is not stable,but for a alpha the game is ok,i hope that the support is costant, as smite and the pc version ^^

Volkatrace
12-15-2016, 06:30 AM
All good. :cool:

OriginalVin
12-17-2016, 10:56 PM
I've logged about 80 hours into the Steam version and yeah; the port work (on PS4) seems pretty solid already. Its weird hopping back a few patches, and some things are a little glitchy sure, plus there are still some leftovers from the PC version in the console version here (I chuckled the first time I started a training game and saw the CPU players do "[VVGH] Hi!" ) but mostly, its performing well.

The only thing I really don't like is that aiming; its clunkier than I want it to be. Not a dumb "Master Race" complaint - this isn't a "mouse & keyboard vs. controller" thing; its just a clunky console FPS at the moment, especially noticeable for more vertically oriented characters or if you're jumping around while moving. Its really difficult to make slight aiming corrections/movements in certain directions.

Just try flying with Evie, for instance - its impossible to do smoothly. It reveals things to just work a little more "8-way stick" (I don't know how to describe it) than fluidly following around the analog stick, letting subtle movements actually move you slightly. No matter how much I mess with sensitivity, aiming assist, or that aim acceleration options, it just seems like there's a slight dead spot when it comes to detecting diagonals - you have to push the stick farther in 45 degree angles (up-right, down-right, down-left, up-left) to have it start moving than you do for 90 degree angles (up down left right); even if its just a teeny tiny amount.

I hate bringing it up because it haunts Paladins, but... Overwatch. Just playing the PS4 version (or something like Doom; any recent console FPS with really, really fast combat and super buttery smooth controls)of that and hopping back into Paladins shows the "aiming clunk" super clearly. That's the only really noticeable thing that feels wrong right now to me. Actually, playing the PC version with an Xbox 360 controller also feels better/smoother than playing the console version with a Dual Shock 4 (although now that Steam's been updated to use the DS4 natively, I should give that a shot. hmm...)

Other than that, its all good and seems on track to capably match up to the PC version in time. And these old versions of levels, before their current art passes, still look gorgeous on my HDTV too :)

Hobinm
12-18-2016, 01:14 AM
The PS4 version need work there are some sound glitches happening. but agree the controller need a lot of work yet. its not as smooth as you would see it work on battlefield 1, or paragon. paragon got the ds4 controller working amazing. seen controller users man handle mouse and keyboard users all the time. also seen it go the other way but overall controller and mouse/ keyboard users are pretty even. but that's epic they know their stuff and how to setup controls on a shooter. and the ds4 very fast and fluid in the battle field games as well. wish bf 1 was cross platform like paragon to really see a controller vs mouse keyboard comparison.

FunamiFM
12-18-2016, 09:19 AM
the Ideal camera rotation for a controller is like Uncharted 4 multiplayer or Loadout PS4