PDA

View Full Version : I really don't understand how you don't understand Buck is OP

KyzerBuhnzi
12-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Anyone with a brain that plays buck is 100% unkillable even going 1v2.

Recovery can be buffed to the point of where you get 40% lifesteal and a longer amount of time in Recovery, also with a shorter cooldown card. Ontop of this, if you max out Life Steal, he gets up to 70% Life Steal, which is basically 450 HP every shot, and 700 if you use your ultimate or combo with net shot. ONTOP of this, you can Heroic Leap on enemies for 300 HP a piece, which can also prolong survival to crazy amounts.

Oh, and he can also get a card that can increase his reload speed to 20% without even buying Deft Hands. After, maxing out Deft Hands gives him 80% faster reload, which is near instant with his small clip size.

I even went through the trouble to make a video to show you how absolutely broken he is... yet you nerf Pip, which was the only one who was able to counter Buck other than a damage like Kinessa (ability to heal himself almost the same as Buck, but Pip has a movement ability which is superior to Buck's - but damage nerfs to Pip make it near impossible now, since he simply can't out-damage Buck on his own, like most other champions can't.

And yeah, this isn't in a match. But matches don't go much differently. Just watch the video.

https://youtu.be/F3Wdw1rrtb8

Also, to put it in perspective, Buck has more HP than everyone but Fernando, Ruckus, and Makoa.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO THINK BUCK IS NOT OVERPOWERED CAN'T AIM OR DON'T MAKE THEIR OWN LOADOUT. THERE IS NO EXCUSE, DON'T CATER THE GAME TO NOOBS WHO CAN'T AIM.

Dragonold103
12-13-2016, 09:45 PM
what happens in training places don't count.

in a really match, you can get hook by a makoa that do 1000 damage and not including all of the enemy team shooting at you.

The only time Buck seems good is when he takes out players that are solo not in a group, same goes for evie, skye and androxis.

KyzerBuhnzi
12-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Do you really want me to dig through my hundreds of game recording to find you a match of me playing Buck?

I could also play later and get some actual match-making.

please dont make me kick puppies

lol i read all of dragonold's post
from what you told me you're one of those noobs i described at the bottom of my post
i can easily take on small groups of players as any of those (3-ish)

Dragonold103
12-13-2016, 09:54 PM
if buck is so good then why am I not seeing ever match with bucks because he can be counter by a makoa, bomb king, drogoz and some other champs.

Newer players don't know who counter who and I can take out a buck as drogoz anyday.

Drogoz can be counter by hit scan weapons.
Buck can easily be stun by mal damba or bomb king also can be hooked by makoa.
Kinessa and sha lin can be counter by flankers.

skilled players know how to counter a Buck, out range him or stun him.

KyzerBuhnzi
12-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Then you just buy Resilience. You cannot out range a competent Buck player, since he will always use his Heroic Leap and Net Shot to minimize distance and keep you on the ground.

Look at how great that stun is when it lasts 0.1 seconds or less with maxed resilience. Buck doesn't need Haven* anyway. If I was able to buy cards in the shooting range, I bet I would've gone AT LEAST 15 Cassie's. More likely much, much higher though.

OdettexFury
12-13-2016, 10:06 PM
from what you told me you're one of those noobs i described at the bottom of my post
i can easily take on small groups of players as any of those (3-ish)

https://i.imgflip.com/1fxma9.jpg

Pretty much sums up what's going on in this thread.

Dragonold103
12-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Training places don't count.

Yes, you can out range a Buck. Drogoz can fly into the air to get away from buck and can shoot right after he leaves the ground and can shoot again and again in the air.

Bomb King can use Grumpy Bomb, to stun him or for Buck to run away or use poppy bomb right after he uses leap.

Cassie can use shoot an arrow to get him away from you.

Makoa can use hook to pull him in.

Mal Damba can stun him.

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Buck is so OP he is almost picked in every game in tournaments.

Oh wait, that was Cassie xD

rixinthemix
12-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I do think that Giga Siphon is a redundant loadout for him though. There's already Life Rip for that.

EvieIV
12-13-2016, 10:39 PM
yeah i agree you can have the card for faster reload speed, 40% lifesteal, 2 less sec on cd, increase recovery and heal 300 on your jump, and that is 20 loadout points! everyone would be op with it

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 10:42 PM
yeah i agree you can have the card for faster reload speed, 40% lifesteal, 2 less sec on cd, increase recovery and heal 300 on your jump, and that is 20 loadout points! everyone would be op with it

OmG op Nerf!11!!!!!!!111

EvieIV
12-13-2016, 10:43 PM
OmG op Nerf!11!!!!!!!111

nerf skye pls

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 10:44 PM
nerf skye pls

nerf grover too while you're at it xD

EvieIV
12-13-2016, 10:44 PM
nerf grover too while you're at it xD

yeah rite axes shouldn't damage shields

OdettexFury
12-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Are we going to ignore how maxed aggression makes all champions godlike? Nerf Aggression.

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 10:47 PM
yeah rite axes shouldn't damage shields

yea his Q too, fking broken, heals nearby allies instantly for 1000? WTF hirez!!1!!!!11

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 10:49 PM
Are we going to ignore how maxed aggression makes all champions godlike? Nerf Aggression.

hai, why are you still here, go study http://static.tumblr.com/5a4228cde3da89801142872ff55b759a/wybngyy/lnlmg0mns/tumblr_static_asain_dad.jpg

OdettexFury
12-13-2016, 10:51 PM
hai, why are you still here, go study http://static.tumblr.com/5a4228cde3da89801142872ff55b759a/wybngyy/lnlmg0mns/tumblr_static_asain_dad.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/OQIW/yes-daddy/image.jpg

Ducktor
12-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Buck isn't op. Flanks are allowed to have high health pools. Get over yourself.

Izekio
12-13-2016, 11:38 PM

But she is "under performing".

PTLagger
12-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Honestly, If Hirez made Buck's shotgun mechanic work like every FPS game and a bit realistic, that shotgun always instant-kill all squishies or destroy 80%+ their health. With this TTK in this game, Buck's shotgun can deal at least 1000+ dmg if he has 2500 HP, or 1200+ dmg if he has 2000 HP (Shotgun is always the strongest main weapon in close combat). But Hirez balanced that shotgun is made it became a nerfy shotgun which deal 550 dmg at max, then make Buck has 3000 HP because he is 3X bigger than other Flank, his big body make him can't avoid 90% bullets hit, so he must be durable to fight.
He can't be a tank because he can't make Shields and his Recovery can be destroyed very hard by Cauterize. Buck was a tank-brawler with wall deploy skills, then ult, it was an OP game changer skill especially Overtime, which gives his team a free win (you can NOT contest payload, or get overtime with it if his wall is blocking your way even you are staying near payload), so Buck is horrible to balance if they rework him to be a tank. Watch his wall building skills here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IzXdRf3dr4&feature=youtu.be

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Honestly, If Hirez made Buck's shotgun mechanic work like every FPS game and a bit realistic, that shotgun always instant-kill all squishies or destroy 80%+ their health. With this TTK in this game, Buck's shotgun can deal at least 1000+ dmg if he has 2500 HP, or 1200+ dmg if he has 2000 HP (Shotgun is always the strongest main weapon in close combat). But Hirez balanced that shotgun is made it became a nerfy shotgun which deal 550 dmg at max, then make Buck has 3000 HP because he is 3X bigger than other Flank, his big body make him can't avoid 90% bullets hit, so he must be durable to fight.
He can't be a tank because he can't make Shields and his Recovery can be destroyed very hard by Cauterize. Buck was a tank-brawler with wall deploy skills, then ult, it was an OP game changer skill especially Overtime, which gives his team a free win (you can contest payload, or get overtime with it if his wall is blocking your way even you are staying near payload, you can watch his old skill), so Buck is horrible to balance if they rework him to be a tank (watch his wall builder skills here: https://youtu.be/-IzXdRf3dr4)

B U I L D T H E W A L L

But she is "under performing".

Yup, the tweet from the devs really tells me they know what they're doing. Kappa

ProfDrMahler
12-14-2016, 02:11 AM

No my friend in Q&A ob 39 prettyhair and forgot the others name" said that cessie and androxis a rly bad performer.

honestly thats a joke

PTLagger
12-14-2016, 05:28 AM
B U I L D T H E W A L L

I think Trump took Buck's wall building skills away and gave Buck a steroids skill :D

Wallachia
12-14-2016, 06:15 AM
After reading this thread I realized that Donald Trump played the CB as Buck.

-

How to fight Buck as a damage class: Situational awareness.

Before anyone throws me off a cliff, think of how easy it is to sneak up on anyone playing damage class, specially Viktors and Kinessas? It's almost like they imagine themselves stuck in tunnels. I play with Sha Lin and the only time I have issue with flankers is when Androxus or Evie snipe me from distance, because when flanks sneak on me I already know where they are. Then again I constantly look around while I'm loading an arrow to see if there's a flank approaching. Heck, some Skye players don't even dodge when they attack.

Conversely, when a Buck approaches I only have a chance if I land the first hit when he's coming.

LinkAkward
12-14-2016, 10:51 AM
aigth ima say this one more time. like i do in all these..

BUCK is not even close to OP!
OR! all fking champions are OP in the right damn hands!
How to kill Buck? GET IN HES FACE!! omfg. learn how to play befor you flame/rage on the forum..
Buck is only good when he fight solo targets! but even then he almost die most of the time! CUZ hes not OP!
Only champion who think Buck is OP is Kinessa and prolly skye. no wait. skye 1 v 1 Buck = a dead Buck..

Muminette
12-14-2016, 10:55 AM
I like this thread. It's funny.
Take Cuterize, level it and Buck is fcked.

Knightenstein
12-14-2016, 11:21 AM
I like this thread. It's funny.
Take Cuterize, level it and Buck is fcked.

On a very very serious note.
There is one single thing that will absolutely DESTROY Buck.

CAUTERIZE III

Any rapid firing champion especially Viktor can mow down and scare Buck easily if you all just quickly stack Cauterize just to kill Buck, alright?
I main Buck for flanking so it's very annoying when the enemy actually has brains to stack cauterize to max asap.

EvieIV
12-14-2016, 11:42 AM
On a very very serious note.
There is one single thing that will absolutely DESTROY Buck.

CAUTERIZE III

Any rapid firing champion especially Viktor can mow down and scare Buck easily if you all just quickly stack Cauterize just to kill Buck, alright?
I main Buck for flanking so it's very annoying when the enemy actually has brains to stack cauterize to max asap.

how does cauterize affect the fact that you have 3k hp

Wallachia
12-14-2016, 11:47 AM
how does cauterize affect the fact that you have 3k hp

Because it will remove his self-healing. Buck, as he is, has 3k Hp, but with his recovery it's as if he actually had 4k HP. With Cauterize 3 he loses that extra 1,000 HP.

EvieIV
12-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Because it will remove his self-healing. Buck, as he is, has 3k Hp, but with his recovery it's as if he actually had 4k HP. With Cauterize 3 he loses that extra 1,000 HP.

cauterize 3 + recovery is 3100 effective hp, and if he dies before using recovery is 3k hp.
CHECKMATE CAUTERIZE LOVERS AGGRESSION WINS HERE

Muminette
12-14-2016, 12:13 PM
CHECKMATE CAUTERIZE LOVERS AGGRESSION WINS HERE

Why? :confused:

ChavacoDoPaulo
12-14-2016, 12:20 PM
I see that we are over the "EVIE IS SO OP" threads. Seems like now is "OMG NERF BUCK OP AS HELL" season.

PTLagger
12-14-2016, 12:35 PM
I see that we are over the "EVIE IS SO OP" threads. Seems like now is "OMG NERF BUCK OP AS HELL" season.

The main reasons which many people complain "Buck OP" many times are his high HP & self healing which extend his HP.
Where is the rule that a Flanker must have less HP than a Frontliner? There's nothing. Flanker who has higher HP than a Frontliner but low damage output is acceptable. This remind me someone said "Why Flanker are made to destroy Squishies (Damage), are supposed to be squishies, while their squishies targets, have higher HP than them?"
I know the only rule that affect the role is Frontline > Flank > Damage > Frontline (Most of Support are hybrid, so the counter ways for support are different than other, it depend on which champ & item to counter not by role)

EvieIV
12-14-2016, 12:53 PM

cause aggression does more dmg

ThatOthell159
12-14-2016, 01:37 PM
No my friend in Q&A ob 39 prettyhair and forgot the others name" said that cessie and androxis a rly bad performer.

honestly thats a joke

I sure hope it is.

AGGRESSION > CAUTERIZE

What, are you noob?

EvieIV
12-14-2016, 01:40 PM
I sure hope it is.

AGGRESSION > CAUTERIZE

What, are you noob?

he must be a noob to not realise that aggression increases the damage

ThatOthell159
12-14-2016, 01:42 PM
he must be a noob to not realise that aggression increases the damage

Lol guy picking cauterize hu3hu3h3u3hu3hu please uninstall.

Not picking aggression is the reason why I lose games, fk noob teammates.

AllesFatal
12-15-2016, 12:04 PM

yes, noone will pick buck because he has less than half the dps of androxus, less mobility and his giant hitbox pretty much comensates the bonus hp. The charackterdesign is funny to play but unfortunately he is only strong among noobs :(

full commentary here http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?22983-FUC*-i-mean-BUCK-Good-Game-going-sad

Kodykintae
12-18-2016, 12:47 PM
yeah he is super op right now. just hops around like a little pansy and is way too tanky for that damage output.

Eeveeon
12-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Sustain as Hell,Dmg output too high, range kinda too for a shotgun (even dmg falloff , still he is gonna shoot you down of horse through whole map..), and every skill again in 4s with right cards? Yep thats totally balanced..