PDA

View Full Version : FUC*...i mean BUCK // Good Game going sad

AllesFatal
12-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Hello,

I installed paladins some weeks ago and played it quite a lot. I have a hidden elo of roughly 2200 and an account lvl of sth close to 30.

I'm generally not a big fan of nerfs but have one thing in particular on my mind.

Buck
Heroic Leap -No longer slows enemies upon landing.

In particular with THIS explanation:
“Buck excels as a Flanker, but boasts a large amount of control for how mobile he is. We want to reward players who consistently land Net Shots, and Heroic Leap's slow allowed Buck to extend the slow duration longer than it should last.”

Now ofc Buck is my favorite champ, which is because I like to jump and wild a shotgun in a shooter.
But I dont see where this is a fair nerf. The cooldown of netshot is 14 seconds, its duration is 1,5 seconds.
Heroic Leap however has a WAY lower cd making it the more reliable slow. If you want to reward players for hitting their net shot, I think the best choice would be to buff the netshot. Increase the duration or reduce the cooldown... or increase it's damage.

Buck has 3000 health (and that heal) which makes him basically more durable than other flankers, but yet he is also 3 times bigger and makes a way better target for this reason, while also his mobility is notably worse than that of androxus and evie (and skye is invi)

His shotgun damage is not quite overwhelming and it ofc has a low range. He has not even been a prefered pick for "professional" play either. The only thing I can imagine is that he is OP at 1000 elo, because if you place 2 champs in front of each other, go afk and put a weight on your left mouse button and your ability 2 key he might win vs most other champs that do the same -.-

An alternative is to make him smaller, reduce his hp, give him more mobilitly, eventually buff his damage and rework his recovery ability. Buck has a dps of 600 (20x27/0.9) while androxus has a dps of 1240 (620/0,5).

If Buck hits his full combo alias netshot, landing and 2 100% shots which takes roughly 2 seconds, he still does notable less damage in that time than androxus does by just hitting his 4 shots in that time. And buck has a cd of 14 secs followed by that :/

With that I only want to point out that buck already has his pack of disadvantages for "compensating" his durability. Which I don't think is worth so much as he is extremly huge and somewhat slower.

Atilah
12-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi I'm Buck I shot you 4 times and when you're going to kill me I jump out ahahahaha Hi I'm Buck again I healed I shot you 4 times and when you're going to kill me I jump out ahahahaha. (X50)

Nerf cooldown of that jump lol, what a easy champ to use, a shotgun that deals a good damage and has a great range, when you are going to die, you restore your hp and just jump out the place. Ok. Buck and Victor, for skilled players xxdxdxd

ProfDrMahler
12-13-2016, 04:02 PM
buck is the weakess flanker from all "androx does 640 and headshoot 940, evie does 950 and with blink effect 1600 also blink can you use 4 times with wormhole x 2 times, sky is bad right now andneeds a buff" and befor you say "buck main" i m accy a viktor main and can deal with him pretty ezly

EvieIV
12-13-2016, 04:18 PM
yeah buck needs tweaking. 3k hp and a heal isn't enough to deal with being the 2nd lowest damage of the game

ThatOthell159
12-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Hi I'm Buck I shot you 4 times and when you're going to kill me I jump out ahahahaha Hi I'm Buck again I healed I shot you 4 times and when you're going to kill me I jump out ahahahaha. (X50)

Nerf cooldown of that jump lol, what a easy champ to use, a shotgun that deals a good damage and has a great range, when you are going to die, you restore your hp and just jump out the place. Ok. Buck and Victor, for skilled players xxdxdxd

https://em-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/avatars/482819_original.jpg ?

Belkon
12-13-2016, 10:10 PM

Replace Buck with pip and you have a perfect paragraph.

Dragonold103
12-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Buck isn't OP, he has a huge hitbox and you players don't know how to counter him. you got a makoa on your team hook him in and kill him.