PDA

View Full Version : Playing Drogoz vs. Androxus on Outpost is a Waking Nightmare

mantag
12-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Normally Androxus is my kryptonite, but on outpost it's just absolutely hopeless. There's nothing you can do but cower behind buildings while the enemy pushes the payload forward.

Edit: I think it's because there's so many big, open areas, with absolutely no cover between them, which means any time you try to move from cover to cover he can see you and pick you off. Frog Isle is also a strain for similar reasons. When it comes to this matchup, the difference between Frog Isle and Jaguar Falls for example is that on JF you can hide in the buildings on either side of the cap point and still cover the cap point, which means Androxus can't hover above you - where it's nigh impossible to hit him with a rocket. On Frog Isle and Outpost it's pretty easy for Androxus to just pop into the air any time you show your face, and then you're forced to retreat and hope your teammates take care of him for you.

Hellklok
12-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Normally Androxus is my kryptonite, but on outpost it's just absolutely hopeless. There's nothing you can do but cower behind buildings while the enemy pushes the payload forward.

Edit: I think it's because there's so many big, open areas, with absolutely no cover between them, which means any time you try to move from cover to cover he can see you and pick you off. Frog Isle is also a strain for similar reasons. When it comes to this matchup, the difference between Frog Isle and Jaguar Falls for example is that on JF you can hide in the buildings on either side of the cap point and still cover the cap point, which means Androxus can't hover above you - where it's nigh impossible to hit him with a rocket. On Frog Isle and Outpost it's pretty easy for Androxus to just pop into the air any time you show your face, and then you're forced to retreat and hope your teammates take care of him for you.

Yeah pretty much everything with Hitscan and mobility humiliates Drogoz, you have to stick with your team and keep dodging his aim while you regen/fight back. Thats like the best thing to do if you can't really take Androxus by yourself.

mantag
12-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Other champions like Cassie can still be beaten because for example on Frog Isle, there are those pillars and trees arrayed around the CP - you can hide behind them and target her anticipated position. Not so with Androxus, since he can just fly above you, where your only means of damaging him is to use your spitball - and even with mastery 4 a remotely competent Andro will have taken you down before you can get your second spitball. It's not just a challenge; it's impossible, since he can just twitch to the side during his airmove and your rocket will miss. I wish I could just avoid playing these maps altogether when I queue up! The sad part is that they're some of the best maps in the game to be a Drogoz, if the enemies have no Andro or their Andro isn't competent.

Hellklok
12-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Other champions like Cassie can still be beaten because for example on Frog Isle, there are those pillars and trees arrayed around the CP - you can hide behind them and target her anticipated position. Not so with Androxus, since he can just fly above you, where your only means of damaging him is to use your spitball - and even with mastery 4 a remotely competent Andro will have taken you down before you can get your second spitball. It's not just a challenge; it's impossible, since he can just twitch to the side during his airmove and your rocket will miss. I wish I could just avoid playing these maps altogether when I queue up! The sad part is that they're some of the best maps in the game to be a Drogoz, if the enemies have no Andro or their Andro isn't competent.

Still thats how its meant to be, he has to be able to chase damage dealers and solo them, if Androxus was bad against drogoz then it would be useless at pretty much everything except ulting the point...
This is also the a to balance Drogoz, he is too strong (coming from someone who plays mostly Drogoz).
Drogoz is beast and such when it comes to AoE and his ult, but the projectile speed has to be his doom one way or the other, if his or evie's projectiles were faster they would be ridiculously broken.

EpplZ
12-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Basicaly you want to rule on these maps as drogoz without any counter?

Rawkh
12-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Drogos was counterable before the nerf aswell, but ppl bitch to much about everything here, for them everything is OP, so they force hi-rez to make nerf after nerf till the point the game won't be fun to play anymore, intead of boosting weak classes to make the game more fast phased, they keep nerfing mobility, so in few more patches everyone will be sitting ducks aiming to each other, except for Cassie, no matter what, looks like they refuse to touch that champ which is 1 of the highest mobility/constant dps champs...

Sh4DowBurN
12-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Drogos was counterable before the nerf aswell, but ppl bitch to much about everything here, for them everything is OP, so they force hi-rez to make nerf after nerf till the point the game won't be fun to play anymore, intead of boosting weak classes to make the game more fast phased, they keep nerfing mobility, so in few more patches everyone will be sitting ducks aiming to each other, except for Cassie, no matter what, looks like they refuse to touch that champ which is 1 of the highest mobility/constant dps champs...

Finally someone in this forum got the point.