PDA

View Full Version : I am so tired of playing against Buck

PRVN
12-07-2016, 10:42 PM
I get it, he's supposed to have a kit that makes him mobile and efficient in a 1v1 scenario. But Jesus if he isn't just the most annoying bloody character to have to deal with.

Against a group, he's pretty much worthless. But if he has it out for one person-- someone who either cannot or shouldn't be right next to the team (such as Kinessa)-- then screw it. You're not gonna win and you're only going to end up being a liability.

I'm not saying he's too strong in terms of damage output. He really isn't. But his mobility, tied with the fact that he's basically a tank, makes him an almost unreasonable problem in the game.

Every other character I feel like I have a chance against. Evie is fast, but you see her coming and she's a lightweight in terms of HP. Skye can disappear, but one quick use of illuminate handles that problem. However, Buck is a team issue that-- when he's stacked with Haven-- is practically impossible to stop. Sure, you might whittle away at his HP, but by the time he's at any risk, he's gone. He'll heal himself and come right back to the fray or just target the poor characters that are designed to operate solo.

VikingWarrior
12-08-2016, 08:27 AM
if you face a buck as kinessa,know where he flanks from.Set your mines up on that spot and when you hear them trigger, port toward your teammates.A good buck would know his place and run.Just ask your team to keep the pressure and stick together. Good Luck!

SamLikesNuggets
12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
90% of the time the "team" will say "You are damage. Deal with it."
So yeah...

Kodykintae
12-08-2016, 07:57 PM
idk i have to agree. he is way too tanky for that amount of damage output.

tuckingwhatm8
12-08-2016, 08:07 PM
hum yeah 2 tanky. baric as 2900 while buck as 3k, doesnt make sense since buck has a 4 sec escape

Eeveeon
12-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah.. totally annoying as hell. Kangaroo style, nearly unkillable, and when everything fails lets press E and lifesteal everything back xD

Drathahasu
12-09-2016, 12:21 AM
And Buck is very much stunnable (all crowd control effects apply) while using ultimate.

Buck is not god, people. His role is flank and he's supposed to take down Kinessa. Since he's ground level, it's quite easy to notice him.

PS: Kinessa is hard choice anyways. To be able to shoot with Kinessa, you need to position yourself better.

PRVN
12-10-2016, 12:36 PM
And Buck is very much stunnable (all crowd control effects apply) while using ultimate.

Buck is not god, people. His role is flank and he's supposed to take down Kinessa. Since he's ground level, it's quite easy to notice him.

PS: Kinessa is hard choice anyways. To be able to shoot with Kinessa, you need to position yourself better.

It's really not just about Kinessa. I've seen Buck's take on characters he should actually have a disadvantage against (like Viktor and Ruckus).

And crowd control works well against him, until you remember he can jump out of them (assuming it's not a stun).

ThatOthell159
12-10-2016, 12:41 PM
It's really not just about Kinessa. I've seen Buck's take on characters he should actually have a disadvantage against (like Viktor and Ruckus).

And crowd control works well against him, until you remember he can jump out of them (assuming it's not a stun).

???????????????????? Viktor is free meat.

I love eating Viktors alive.

Leraje
12-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Ah ! Damn right !

Viktor Stroganov so yummy.

PRVN
12-10-2016, 01:34 PM
???????????????????? Viktor is free meat.

At close range, sure. At a distance, not so much.

ThatOthell159
12-10-2016, 01:46 PM
At close range, sure. At a distance, not so much.

Get close to him then.

Arcie
12-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Against a group, he's pretty much worthless. But if he has it out for one person-- someone who either cannot or shouldn't be right next to the team (such as Kinessa)-- then screw it.

Stop playing Kinessa? Haha!

Actually though, you should be asking for a Kinessa overhaul and not a Buck nerf.

I am not responding to the original poster with this next point because they stated it perfectly, but I am responding to the people who responded with the point that Buck is too tanky for his damage output: He does less damage with his weapon than Barik, by a LOT when you take into account reload time! The base damage on his shotgun is less than Barik's Blunderbuss. It becomes similar when you hit the net and follow up compared to the Blunderbuss with 2 marks. His health is about where Barik's is. He has a self-heal skill. He is tanky, but his damage output is significantly lower than Evie, Skye, and Androxus. His role is the persistent pester. He jumps in and forces you to leave or die. Kinessa isn't designed to beat him 1v1 because that's not her job. Cassie can handle her own because of her mobility, but let's face it, Buck should have to dive a lot further into enemy territory to get to a Kinessa than a Cassie due to the nature of the characters.

Yes, he is tanky, but it's so that he can dislodge the damage characters, the snipers, etc. If he gets a kill on you, it's because you weren't ready with your escape skill. Coordinate with your team and he isn't that big of a deal. He is certainly easier to deal with than an Evie who knows how to use her movement skills!

PRVN
12-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Stop playing Kinessa? Haha!

Actually though, you should be asking for a Kinessa overhaul and not a Buck nerf.

I am not responding to the original poster with this next point because they stated it perfectly, but I am responding to the people who responded with the point that Buck is too tanky for his damage output: He does less damage with his weapon than Barik, by a LOT when you take into account reload time! The base damage on his shotgun is less than Barik's Blunderbuss. It becomes similar when you hit the net and follow up compared to the Blunderbuss with 2 marks. His health is about where Barik's is. He has a self-heal skill. He is tanky, but his damage output is significantly lower than Evie, Skye, and Androxus. His role is the persistent pester. He jumps in and forces you to leave or die. Kinessa isn't designed to beat him 1v1 because that's not her job. Cassie can handle her own because of her mobility, but let's face it, Buck should have to dive a lot further into enemy territory to get to a Kinessa than a Cassie due to the nature of the characters.

Yes, he is tanky, but it's so that he can dislodge the damage characters, the snipers, etc. If he gets a kill on you, it's because you weren't ready with your escape skill. Coordinate with your team and he isn't that big of a deal. He is certainly easier to deal with than an Evie who knows how to use her movement skills!

1. I'm not saying don't play Kinessa.
2. I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to win against Kinessa. What I'm saying is that, when it comes down to it-- regardless of the character-- he is far more tanky than a character with his mobility should be. A self-heal, massive hp pool, and a mobility skill that most others could only dream of is scary. The only real downside to Buck is his damage output. That's it.
3. Evie is dangerous, but I've never particularly been truly concerned with her. She is a threat, but at least there is a chance to put her down before she gets up again (and at least her heal pool is small enough to shoot her again even if she does heal).

BJBrechas
12-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Buck damage output it's useless, so if you play kinessa try to escape him or die, that's all.
There is like a androxus vs viktor, if androxus goes to viktor, viktor use q take his balls from the floor press F & runs back or die xD.

Buck it's meta counter for kinessa, bombking (can counter poppy bomb with jump) and some other weak targets. It's more usefull with cauterize (nerfing heals CC) than true damage.

Is the machine in charge of following fat enemies, and make them slim running.

I can easy counter buck with cassie and there are some other champs who nerf heals like skye...

Edit: Kinessa F teleport need a boost, too much timing to sucefull teleport...
Edit2: Should be fine to play kinessa carabine with teleport, but isn't a way to play... Making her useless for engages, probably reported if camp too much time.

ThatOthell159
12-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Buck damage output it's useless, so if you play kinessa try to escape him or die, that's all.
There is like a androxus vs viktor, if androxus goes to viktor, viktor use q take his balls from the floor press F & runs back or die xD.

Buck it's meta counter for kinessa, bombking (can counter poppy bomb with jump) and some other weak targets. It's more usefull with cauterize (nerfing heals CC) than true damage.

Is the machine in charge of following fat enemies, and make them slim running.

I can easy counter buck with cassie and there are some other champs who nerf heals like skye...

Edit: Kinessa F teleport need a boost, too much timing to sucefull teleport...
Edit2: Should be fine to play kinessa carabine with teleport, but isn't a way to play... Making her useless for engages, probably reported if camp too much time.

Pretty sure you can also counter any champion at 1v1 at any range with the exception of Flanknando.

Shalashaska87B
12-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Buck is something I can't figure out.
In some situations he is just awesome, in other scenarios you won't do absolutely nothing.

Too bad I rarely use him since someone in my team always picks a Flanker in 0.002 seconds...

BJBrechas
12-11-2016, 04:08 PM
I use him to counterpick bombking & kinessa mostly... Why?
Does not matter they want double tank & im last pick BK or kinessa = buck.

It's the way to secure games.

ChavacoDoPaulo
12-11-2016, 04:49 PM
He's a flanker, kill the damage champions is basically what he's suppose to do. Not only Kinessa, Viktor and BK are both great targets for him too at a close range, there's nothing wrong with it. About his health and self-healing ability, this is suppose to compensate for his low damage output, since he's waay behind the other flankers when it comes to actual damage. Another thing to justify his high survivability is that even thoug so much people complain bout it, the heroic leap is the worst mobility ability among all flankers, and now it can't even be used as an engage move.

PRVN
12-11-2016, 04:52 PM
He's a flanker, kill the damage champions is basically what he's suppose to do. Not only Kinessa, Viktor and BK are both great targets for him too at a close range, there's nothing wrong with it. About his health and self-healing ability, this is suppose to compensate for his low damage output, since he's waay behind the other flankers when it comes to actual damage. Another thing to justify his high survivability is that even thoug so much people complain bout it, the heroic leap is the worst mobility ability among all flankers, and now it can't even be used as an engage move.

I don't know why keeps using Kinessa as the example. I mentioned her just as a single example, but by no means did I single her out alone.

Anyways, his heroic leap may be no good for damage purposes, but it's very good for either 1) escaping a situation or 2) confusing opponents. Fighting something that suddenly shoots up into the air and out of sight can be somewhat difficult.

BJBrechas
12-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I don't know why keeps using Kinessa as the example. I mentioned her just as a single example, but by no means did I single her out alone.

Anyways, his heroic leap may be no good for damage purposes, but it's very good for either 1) escaping a situation or 2) confusing opponents. Fighting something that suddenly shoots up into the air and out of sight can be somewhat difficult.

Im agree with you there are no problems in buck, the problems be into kinessa carabine damage/s... I did today fight a buck perma slowed by mines with kinessa ulti on 100%crit & i kill buck but my hp was like 1... And have not ultimate for each round, buck comes to flank me...

A char like kinessa should have lesser ranged dmg & more short firepower... That's what he said & im agree with him, any champ (anyone of they) can face a kinessa... his short range it's like hit your head vs a wall.

Edit missing image :/)
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z284/oblongman7/Scrubs/th_b6488ee3.gif

dysphor1a
12-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Buck is not OP. He counters certain champions but they're only a free kill if they don't work with their team. Any time a team groups up is a bad time for Buck because he has to decide if he wants to suicide for that pick or not.

Also, learn how to pick cauterize; makes recovery damn near worthless.

Knightenstein
12-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Countering Buck or Driving Him Off Of you ASAP?

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/thumb/6/64/Card_Cauterize.png/90px-Card_Cauterize.png?version=dc5d1430f1012fbc2820847 2b37b4a3b
CAUTERIZE III

AllesFatal
12-15-2016, 11:59 AM
I am so sad right now. Honestly I can also play with other champs but jumping and shotgunning is the funniest...

buck has a dps 600 (20x27/0.9) and a strong dmg falloff. Just saying that androxus has a dps of 1240(620/0,5). Buck is also less mobile than evie and androxus and skye is invisible.

So yeah, he has 3000 hp but his model and hitboxes are 3 times as big and much better to hit for that. I think he is good on a very low skilllevel because of health + heal but thats it. Full combo of buck with landing and netshot still does less dps than androxus shots btw ;)

Further argumentations here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?22983-FUC*-i-mean-BUCK-Good-Game-going-sad

mb think about it