PDA

View Full Version : No reward for being a good player in competitive

SirPepay
12-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Ok I'm really starting to get frustrated about Paladins.

The whole rating system is bullshit. My last two wins as Ying awarded me 12 rating points and 3 (THREE!), and my last win as Ruckus gave me 2 points, TWO.

But the rating system is not what this post is about.

The whole matchmaking balance is bullshit. I often get teamed with awfully bad players (who don't have the first clue about picking a functional team or buying the items suited for the enemy team composition) against a team with two better players than me. While two players can effectively carry a team to victory, one single player can hardly do the same. I'm sure an algorithm can be implanted to calculate not only the combined ELO of players in a team, but also not make a (4 x 1600-1900) + (1 x 2000) team go against a (3 x 1600-1900) + (2 x 2100-2200) team.

But the matchmaking balance is not what this post is about.

It's about rewarding a player who is actually playing well in a match. I just pulled an awesome match with Cassie, with 122 000 damage, 40 eliminations and 10 deaths. The closest scores in my team were 60 000 damage, 30 eliminations and 15 deaths. I did a great job at carrying my team to victory, but we lost 3-4. And I lost 80 rating points.

THAT is what this post is about. Fucking a good player deep in the ass for doing his best. It's the opposite of every video game's purpose : rewarding those who play well.

No wonder the community can get so salty.

Azurion
12-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Competitif rating mean nothing, even if you try hard , there is so many hackers there , you lose so many points for a lose (1 lose = 4 wins) , also its all about who got the best duo or the stacked teams.. There is no logic to even hit the comp button

PTLagger
12-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Competitif rating mean nothing, even if you try hard , there is so many hackers there , you lose so many points for a lose (1 lose = 4 wins) , also its all about who got the best duo or the stacked teams.. There is no logic to even hit the comp button

This is why I hate Comp, Carriers of Defeated team should have less punishment than other or better keep/increase their rating just a little

Drathahasu
12-05-2016, 12:39 PM
+1

There has been plenty of games where I've been most damage, kills in match (including enemy team), but since our team lost, I got punished and badly.
Current rating algorithm is a bit messed up. You win, you get about max 20 points, but you lose - you can even lose 200 points.

TriggerSmile
12-05-2016, 12:47 PM

That is so true, to make matter worse getting more toxic team than your enemy is very likely too. Which most people probably have a higher lose over win ratio. Which did make me stop competitive for a while. Since I have a 11:14 win:lose ratio.

Wallachia
12-05-2016, 01:27 PM
From what I've heard, the points you get or lose in the matches is based on the elo difference between your team and the enemy team.

Full platinum team goes against a full diamond team: lots of win points for platinums if they win, lots of points loss for diamonds. Conversely, very few points lost if the platinums lose and very few points obtained for the diamonds if they win.

PTLagger
12-07-2016, 01:07 AM
This rating system seem broken, If I win a match VS a high rating team (Gold + Plat VS Diamond), but only get 10-30 point, if I lose, I'll be lost ~100 point, even I carried a match or not, and you know when against a much higher rating team, we always have less chance to win

ChaosAnimagic
12-07-2016, 02:01 AM
actually... you do get reward for being a good player, it's called Accolades that gives you bonus Gold after a match.

The Rating system isn't depending on how well you do in a game at all, it's all based on Win-Lose rate....

SubAtom1C
12-07-2016, 04:45 AM
Then play just to have fun and that's it :D

PTLagger
12-07-2016, 05:15 AM

Please! This is competitive, if you want to have fun, play Casual :(

Drathahasu
12-07-2016, 06:38 AM
I'm pretty sure champion rating takes into consideration opposite team champion ratings.
For example, if you're 4500 champ and your opposite team consists of 3500 champions (average), then when you lose, you lose big. Also, when you win, you win small.

Krombo
12-07-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure champion rating takes into consideration opposite team champion ratings.
For example, if you're 4500 champ and your opposite team consists of 3500 champions (average), then when you lose, you lose big. Also, when you win, you win small.

but if you're 4500 and the rest of your team are much lower you still lose anyway.
player rating should be based individually but the current one is like you either win or lose which is too simple in a very retarded way.

Leraje
12-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Please! This is competitive, if you want to have fun, play Casual :(

Implying you can't have fun in competitive mode.

Competitive mode have that pick & ban feature casual mode do not have, that brings a whole lot of fun in my opinion. Plus you get to have that rewarding shiny border on your champion's avatar reflecting how much you kicked ass throughout your ranking campaign. Cool af !

Casual is here for beginners, testing deck, farm gold and pwning noobs. (Which is fun I admit)

Hopefully Hi-Rez Studio will find a way to give us a good competitive ranking system, arm yourselves with patience.

ThatOthell159
12-07-2016, 08:26 PM

Having fun in competitive https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/4339/3.0

Jusey1
12-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Had a near full team of plats and diamonds against mostly golds and one plat... Lost because of one specific member of our team decided to go AFK, waste his ultimate in spawn room, get off horse a lot at spawn room, and is the Support character using a damage based loadout instead of a healer...

We were able to do a great job thus far, but because of this one guy... We lost and went down a huge amount of rating. This is completely idiotic and unfair. If anything, that one guy should've taken a huge hit and everyone else barely touched.

This specific lost probably just gave me no chances of getting Drogoz to platinum, and he is my best damage...

Raviollius
12-08-2016, 11:22 AM
What you guys are asking is simply too advanced to implement properly. What is the measure of a "good player"? Kills? Damage? You realize that if it worked like that, people would say "fuck it" to the objective and farm kills 24/7, right?

Another thing you're not taking into consideration is that the matchmaking objective is to force you into a 50% win 50% loss in the long run. That's the big picture. You need to be hella good to have a high winrate over time, considering that.

Jusey1
12-08-2016, 10:46 PM
What you guys are asking is simply too advanced to implement properly. What is the measure of a "good player"? Kills? Damage? You realize that if it worked like that, people would say "fuck it" to the objective and farm kills 24/7, right?

Another thing you're not taking into consideration is that the matchmaking objective is to force you into a 50% win 50% loss in the long run. That's the big picture. You need to be hella good to have a high winrate over time, considering that.

Actually, it'll be easy. Use the system which is used for the MVP... Meaning, if you want your rating to go up as a support, you gotta do a lot of healing. If you want your rating to go up as a frontline, then you gotta be on the objection and doing your overall job. And so on for flanks and damage.

That whole "damage thing" is actually where a damage character suppose to be doing... Getting kills and denying enemy team from reaching the objection. They don't need to be near or on the objection, though that can help, but rather racking up kills. Flanks are kinda suppose to do the same thing but taking out specific targets instead whom are fleeing, on their way, or someone like Kinessas and are all alone in the first place.

It's very do-able.

rixinthemix
12-08-2016, 11:00 PM
That "forced 50%" for matchmaking is absolute nonsense.