PDA

View Full Version : The evie nerf for OB39 is bad

fnTASY
12-04-2016, 06:40 PM
EVIE:

Wormhole
Return window reduced from 2/4/6/8 to 1/2/3/4.

Come on. I just started Evie as a main, and shes amazing because of wormhole. Why nerf her? Instead of 1,2,3, 4 just do something with decimals. Like, 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6.75

EvieIV
12-04-2016, 06:55 PM
you call that a nerf? for me it's a buff cause i would have my blink on a 6sec cooldown if i didn't want to blink back for whatever reason that is, i always wanted it to be 1sec

newhek
12-04-2016, 06:55 PM
hirez dont like numbers like that

newhek
12-04-2016, 06:57 PM
you call that a nerf? for me it's a buff cause i would have my blink on a 6sec cooldown if i didn't want to blink back for whatever reason that is, i always wanted it to be 1sec

what the heck do you mean buff, im confused.
you can just set the build to 2 seconds.

EvieIV
12-04-2016, 06:58 PM
what the heck do you mean buff, im confused.
you can just set the build to 2 seconds.

i always used wormhole 1 and when i didn't blink back it'd mean i'd need 6 sec for my blink. now in case i dont want to blink back i'll only wait 5sec for it, so i like this kind of play change

Azurion
12-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Did you even realise that this card is the only card in game to give another way of escape potential ? Every champion should have 1 more escape ability card to be able to deal with any kind of situation but its not the case. so since every have that power to add a 3rd way to escape is just silly. and pro player will still use evie , only good one will make her great though shes more skill in OB39 than Ob38. you want 4 sec ? spend 4 point in your loadout , even though 2 sec is enought

ChaosAnimagic
12-04-2016, 07:02 PM
how about we change Blink CD back to 12 sec? (from 4 sec) while leaving wormhole untouched?

BTW, did you know that back in CB19, Wormhole rank 1 started at 1s and up to 4s?

Azurion
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM
how about we change Blink CD back to 12 sec? (from 4 sec) while leaving wormhole untouched?

BTW, did you know that back in CB19, Blink rank 1 started at 1s and up to 4s?

no lol it would kill her totally , EvieIV will say it for me a 12 sec blind on the current evie would be too mean

the reason why evie have less cooldown is to compense for the blink/iceblock combo that got nerf

the funnyest evie was back in cb 8 with the clones xD you blink and had those 5 clones :3

ProfDrMahler
12-04-2016, 07:54 PM
i always used wormhole 1 and when i didn't blink back it'd mean i'd need 6 sec for my blink. now in case i dont want to blink back i'll only wait 5sec for it, so i like this kind of play change

i get your point your unsing this blikc above shoot once and blink again for max dmg
disgusting i hate that xD

Slayn
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM
no lol it would kill her totally , EvieIV will say it for me a 12 sec blind on the current evie would be too mean

the reason why evie have less cooldown is to compense for the blink/iceblock combo that got nerf

the funnyest evie was back in cb 8 with the clones xD you blink and had those 5 clones :3

In patch 8 Evie actually was able to do up to 7 clones , there was even some guys who said that did 13 of them (never saw it happen tho) she was plain unbeatable in her release, but anyways the point is that her wormhole was okay like it was now, i myself did use it like Sombra's teleport in overwatch, you go in make some chaos in the backline and then make it back safely, going back to the way wormhole was is quite the change right now, considering how lackluster ice block is now (unlike beta 19 when it could actually heal* yourself almost entilrely, freeze enemies and almost one shot'em while frozen* )

ProfDrMahler
12-04-2016, 09:37 PM
In patch 8 Evie actually was able to do up to 7 clones , there was even some guys who said that did 13 of them (never saw it happen tho) she was plain unbeatable in her release, but anyways the point is that her wormhole was okay like it was now, i myself did use it like Sombra's teleport in overwatch, you go in make some chaos in the backline and then make it back safely, going back to the way wormhole was is quite the change right now, considering how lackluster ice block is now (unlike beta 19 when it could actually heal* yourself almost entilrely, freeze enemies and almost one shot'em while frozen* )

thats honestly sounds intresting "im in there from ob35 or ob30 not sure..." offtopic
did cessie ever got a nerf/buff?

EvieIV
12-04-2016, 10:25 PM

on her release i played her to 10 and she had 1 clone, with an epic/legendary hard (that was at that time hard to find since u had to get them in a radiant chest just like the chance you have for getting this one specific emote, or either by crafting) that allowed her to do 2 more clones, that was her release

also what i do actually is shoot blink shoot blink shoot soar shoot

ThatOthell159
12-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Well to most pro players this Evie nerf is nothing considering almost all of them run the 2s wormhole compared to the 4s counterpart.

However, it will force the players will reduce some other point by 1 in order to have 2s wormhole back. And remember in FPS games, every 100hp means A L O T.

If the nerf proves to be ineffective, there will always be another one :)

ProfDrMahler
12-05-2016, 01:25 AM
Well to most pro players this Evie nerf is nothing considering almost all of them run the 2s wormhole compared to the 4s counterpart.

However, it will force the players will reduce some other point by 1 in order to have 2s wormhole back. And remember in FPS games, every 100hp means A L O T.

thats accy is my fear the nerf will not chance anything "not like by barik or viktor"

Winestrone
12-05-2016, 01:50 AM
It's fine. Pro Evies don't will feel anything.

ThatOthell159
12-05-2016, 02:16 AM

It's fine. Pro Evies don't will feel anything.

/10charrrrrrr

Tsuraika
12-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Yep, Evie needs a much more significant nerf.

Slayn
12-05-2016, 09:34 PM
thats honestly sounds intresting "im in there from ob35 or ob30 not sure..." offtopic
did cessie ever got a nerf/buff?

mmm i don't remember a significant buff/nerf on Cassie right now(maybe she was at her worst when Hi-rez did make her a full sniping champion with arrows hitbox so small that it was hard to hit) but she is one of the Champions with most tweaks in her gameplay and always within the top damages of the game.

BuddySpy
12-06-2016, 12:10 PM
EVIE:

Wormhole
Return window reduced from 2/4/6/8 to 1/2/3/4.

Come on. I just started Evie as a main, and shes amazing because of wormhole. Why nerf her? Instead of 1,2,3, 4 just do something with decimals. Like, 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6.75

It's quite funny how you come with 6.75 seconds at most. I assume you like to put 4 points on her wormhole so the update will hit you hard. It's just a deserved nerf but I hope it will be the last nerf for Evie.

LyonsOrder
12-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Get used to it, son. Most of the pros don't put Wormhole higher than 2 seconds so that should tell you something about it. All Wormhole did in OB38 is cater to the noobs that wanted to use Evie by maxing out her Wormhole card.

Wallachia
12-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Is it me or any of the actual pros with a champion don't feel so down when their main is nerfed? I feel like only inexperienced players complain about such nerfs.

I've seen people in a FB group saying they "quit the game because Ying's nerf was too hard", referring to that one where they took 150 HP off her.

ProfDrMahler
12-06-2016, 12:49 PM
ob39 isnt a nerf for evie honestly i just change by me the wromhole card on lvl 2 and my blink range from 100% to 75% done.

such nerf.

Edit: i rly hate evie because o the dps she can do "and basicly only a rly good aim ("skill" cessie) or makoa can counter her well"

Edit 2: i think a real nerf is blink from 4 sec. to 5 sec. thats a nerf or wormhole from 1 2 3 4
to 0,5 1 1,5 2
thats makes accy changes "like by buck"