PDA

View Full Version : Skye is unstoppable.

TheRealFenexa
12-02-2016, 06:43 PM
I made a thread earlier where people spouted a bunch of "Git gud" nonsense. Let's keep it out of here.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Skye as Kinessa. A LOT.

The problem being that:

Skye has a relatively low cooldown on her invisibility
Skye can avoid the invis range ability that you can buy during the match by just going around you in a wide radius
Skye does a tremendous amount of damage that Kinessa cannot match at range
Kinessa's teleporter has too long a delay even with maxed out teleporter speed
Kinessa's weapon spread is too loose to allow her to ward off Skye

So essentially I die within half a second, before I can even get my teleporter out. Mines don't help anything because the amount of damage I do won't be enough to stop Skye before I die.

I have no idea how to counter this. Every time I have a Skye on my ass I'm basically screwed the entire match.

I get she's supposed to be a flanker, but she comes off WAY too powerful. Looking to the game this one ripped off, at least their snipers have a chance, and don't require any kind of special configurations. The sniper actually has a chance to at least escape, and the audio cues are noticeable.

I'd like to at least play a game of Kinessa without getting utterly raped before I even get out of spawn.

ProfDrMahler
12-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I made a thread earlier where people spouted a bunch of "Git gud" nonsense. Let's keep it out of here.

The problem being that:

Skye can avoid the invis range ability that you can buy during the match by just going around you in a wide radius

So essentially I die within half a second, before I can even get my teleporter out. Mines don't help anything because the amount of damage I do won't be enough to stop Skye before I die.

I have no idea how to counter this. Every time I have a Skye on my ass I'm basically screwed the entire match.

I get she's supposed to be a flanker, but she comes off WAY too powerful. Looking to the game this one ripped off, at least their snipers have a chance, and don't require any kind of special configurations. The sniper actually has a chance to at least escape, and the audio cues are noticeable.

I'd like to at least play a game of Kinessa without getting utterly raped before I even get out of spawn.

wellcome 2 paladins where flankers have kill every dmg dealer except cessie and drogoz.

TheRealFenexa
12-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Why are they even characters if they're useless from just one pick?

mieuu
12-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Skye isn't actually all that good but Kinessa is worse. Kinessa just needs a bit of a buff because any flank will push her shit in.

FumbleBunny
12-02-2016, 08:42 PM

That's because Skye is a direct counter to snipers. Other flanks have to close with you while visible, which gives you a small window of opportunity to snipe them. You won't see or hear Skye coming until she is right in your face. At that point your options are very limited, especially as Kinessa.

With that said, Skye is the weakest flank overall. She is 100% reliant on stealth and she can't move vertically. These are big problems for a flank, who is supposed to constantly change position and get kills fast. Sometimes, the enemy is simply not in a good position for Skye to engage, or your stealth is running out. At that point you might as well retreat and try to pick up another kill, because trying to close with any character without stealth is usually a death sentence. And if you can't close, you can't get a kill. Skye's damage falloff and spread is very high.

mefxes
12-02-2016, 08:52 PM
I believe kinessa needs sound feedback when her mines are cracked.

just like BK needs sound feedback when his stickies stick to someone.

rixinthemix
12-02-2016, 09:15 PM
It's less a problem with Skye than an issue with Kinessa's mobility (i.e., Teleporter).

feralknights
12-02-2016, 09:21 PM
As a sniper in a game that moves as fast as Paladins, you need to be able to scope, shoot, and move in anticipation of flanks and retaliation in short order. I'm not a good Kinessa but awareness of your own back and listening for the incredibly loud audio cues for Skye's stealth boosts your ability to survive her a lot. On maps like Serpent Beach, there are locations you can teleport to where Skye's utterly abysmal accuracy makes it hard for her to do more than chip at Kinessa every third or fourth shot while you have the time to drop mines-- and take advantage of the fact Skye has no CC reduction-- and lay her out in one to two shots. Skye's cooldowns are also, base, utterly terrible.

You've made this post before, and it's been discussed in much the same way as before. You don't want to hear "get gud," so I'm not going to say "get gud." I'm going to say you need to just practice. This game is a different kind of beast. You need to try Skye, get a feel for her strengths and weaknesses, and become informed as to how she plays. With terrible accuracy, with incredibly low damage beyond 5-10 feet, and with no vertical movement, Skye has to work at least twice as hard as other flanks to secure the same amount of kills.

She's been nerfed so hard in the last few months that they can't and won't nerf her again, it's pretty much solid fact. Many, myself included, have been pushing for her to get a slight rework or a buff, because a solidly played Andro, Buck, or Evie-- or even a combination of the two-- can completely faceroll the back line of a map while Skye is relegated to hunting down targets one at a time with the odds exponentially stacking against her that she'll survive consecutive rushdowns.

You have to play the game and give it time. I swear to you, as someone that plays a ridiculous amount of Skye, she's the most underpowered, overnerfed characters on the roster. However, I agree with other points made above: Kinessa needs love, too. She really does. The old teleporter beacon sounds like it was a ton better than the current model.

KicksBrickster
12-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Skye is simply a hard counter to Kinessa due to how their respective kits function. Skye is a close-range burst fighter, and Kinessa is a low-mobility long-range sniper. If Skye is trying to take out Kinessa from range she'll be just as dead. That's how the game works.

Skye is strong on paper. Rapid burst attack with high damage and a really big bonus damage, plus two stealth options and an ult that can knock out anyone with less than 3000 health if used at the right moment.

The problem has been and remains that Skye's kit requires you to get everything right, while making it next to impossible to do so. You have to land all three poison bolts, then all of your shots, in order to kill someone. The bloom on her shots, combined with the jerky movements the enemy will almost certainly be doing, means at least half your shots will miss, making it extraordinarily hard to kill anyone other than Kinessa.

She needs a buff, actually.

Azurion
12-02-2016, 10:53 PM
im gonna hold my self for this post.

EvieIV
12-03-2016, 07:57 AM

The problem being that:

well yeah first of all, skye is a direct counterpick for kinessa. Second, you dont need to be camping or sniping, you can be close to your support and with your team so that skye dies if she tries to reach you or you can be on the opposite side, as if you were flanking instead. might not always work but it's the only thing you can do other than that

Kays
12-03-2016, 08:58 AM
That's why Kinessa is a low-tier champ. She can get killed at will by almost any other champ, including Skye (which I consider to be the worst of them all).

It's not a problem with Skye. She can't get nerfed anymore as she's borderline unplayable against anyone that has even only mediocre awareness and aim.

Also, there are champs that can kill Kinessa WAY faster and more reliably than Skye. All of the other flanks do a much better job at killing her, aswell as Drogoz, Cassie and BK to name a few.

TLDR;
Skye is too weak to get nerfed again.

TheSojourner
12-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Have you tried shooting at her?
That seems to usually stop her.

BossBrown
12-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Putting good positioning every sniper should have, equips and Illuminate to one side. Do you remember Jurassic Park? Remember when everyone asked what the hell that massive thud noise like footsteps was? The obvious follow up of the T-Rex now put yourself in that position in paladins when you hear those bait sounds like a giant stomping steps well that is actually the skye sneaking up on you in invis. I have a harder time hearing Buck coming then Skye there is like no way you can miss it and if she is not getting close enough for you to hear them steps that must mean for an absolute fact she is not in range to shatter you before teleport. There is no question that Skye counters Kinessa but the options are not 0 they are just a little worse then usual infact its nowhere near as bad as if an aoe damage characters comes out on you thats when you are most likely to be really screwed. As for the other game you refer to is an insta gib game nothing like this one which despite changes needed is far more balanced, if the invis character in that game that actually removes all options from you cant kill you in 0.1 second then they are bad. The main point here is that there is nothing else to tell you either you can adapt or you cant at which point its probably better to choose an easier class to play the only thing I could do is physically show you some clips from a game or something
The end of it is Skye is not unstoppable she is just barely of any use if you play her asbolutely perfect

Azurion
12-03-2016, 09:59 AM
okay i couldnt hold myself on a skye post

1.kinessa teleporter is getting buff next patch 12 sec to 10 and will heal before with restore than at the end

2. you can make a personal loadout that you will use only for skye you dont have one ? lemme give you one i use when i know the other skye is decent (Prodigy IV/Restore III/Quick scope II/reconfigure II/beam me up I)

3. skye is a champion weak since the history of paladin , in 1 years there is not a single time i said to my self ''oh dayum skye is op''

4.avoid her ulty with every little thing in the map, when you will get it , you should almost never get hit by that ulty for a month (been 2 month i didnt got hit a single time lol)

5.her damage fall off and her poor accuracy make skye player life hard , and its more tilting for the user than the people she kill trust me

6.the game gived barik,burns cards A.K.A items now and some feature around to only counter skye...

7.at high elo this champion is considerate like toilet tier

TheRealFenexa
12-03-2016, 02:19 PM
I still don't see anything to help me deal with Skye. She might not be unstoppable, I guess, but Kinessa is pretty damn weak.

I really like Kinessa. If I have to get harassed by flankers the whole match while playing her, fine, but at least give me a chance to escape or kill her. I die in at least half a second from Skye in particular. At least I have a chance against Pip or Buck and the like.

AngryBes
12-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Don't play Kinessa, worst champion in the game.

EpplZ
12-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Two mines at your feet always, once she shoots she'll be slowed, then you can carbine her to death, or even try first a fully charged then carbine, but yeah I would say that if you cant land a fully charged shot at any flankers coming at you, you are basically screwed, thats the kinessa's weak spot after all, a decent kinessa can litteraly melt the point frontline / supports if no one come to counter her, I've played many games as kinessa with insane K/D just because they didnt have a flank, or their flank wasnt coming after me.

Thing is good positioning (that mean out of range / or with clear view on the flanks route / or with your team) / awareness (look at the limbo to see if their flank is dead or not, time the moment he'll come back after you) and indeed good flickshot to be able to land that one fully charged that'll save you.

This is, indeed, all theoritical and without a good aim you'll end up dead most of the time, but I remember a game vs a decent evie where I hold my own just because I could land some pretty shots while she was on soar / just before she blinked and that was softening her enough for me to finish her close range. Most of the time you'll still lose vs a good flanker unless you really spend all your game looking for him / her.

MotorKnight
12-03-2016, 07:30 PM
1.kinessa teleporter is getting buff next patch 12 sec to 10 and will heal before with restore than at the end

That totally gonna make Kinessa OP as hell, when i stopped playing her i was like:

"She may need something with her teleport, idk if bug fixes or fast travel"

Then they come with the 2 secs cooldown notice and now i think she is going to be game breaking, thanks hi-rez for such an awesome view on how to balance stuff

EDIT: the healing before also isnt going to be that powerfull, since she will be dead before she can do anything (unless you are playing with people aiming with their knees)

ArchmageMC
12-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Skye can only really destroy Kinessa. just be on your toes as any other hero and they can very easily scare skye off or kill her due to how slow she is, how big her hitbox is for a flanker with 2k hp, and well, she has to do everything perfect to kill you while you only really need 2 shots to kill her.

Plus if any support heal you, Skye needs cauterize to even hope to get a kill.

Izekio
12-04-2016, 12:20 AM
As much as I want to say buff Skye, I can not till I stop carrying teams with her.

Skye is not the problem here. It is, as previous people stated, she is a hard counter to Kinessa. However the main problem is the player him/her self. If you are truly having troubles with a champion try testing them out your self to learn their limits and how they play. Get a feel for the cool downs and damage range and use it to your advantage the next time your face that champion.

Hope this helps.

Also @archmage that is not true. I barely run cauterize due to relying on having constant poison bolts which is a 50% cauterize. Anything past that is a over kill imo.

Azurion
12-04-2016, 06:19 AM
I still don't see anything to help me deal with Skye. She might not be unstoppable, I guess, but Kinessa is pretty damn weak.

I really like Kinessa. If I have to get harassed by flankers the whole match while playing her, fine, but at least give me a chance to escape or kill her. I die in at least half a second from Skye in particular. At least I have a chance against Pip or Buck and the like.

i can give you , loadouts, tips, but i cant give you skills

HappuBuggy
12-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Its hard to deal 2k health in one load with Skye. So by the time you realise shes there, you still have 500hp, dont fight just run to the team, if she insists to kill you, she will usually fail and also be dead. If she left, congrats you've wasted her time.

If you're not full health and you're alone, you will most likely get killed by other flanks as well, so don't cry.

EvieIV
12-04-2016, 06:52 AM
i can give you , loadouts, tips, but i cant give you skills

well then tell them tips

SlenderLegs
12-04-2016, 08:12 AM
All champions have their own counters. Kinessa counter drogoz, Skye counter kinessa

BuddySpy
12-04-2016, 09:24 AM

The problem being that:

There always need to be counters. It's one of the things making the game interesting. Get closer to your team and buy illuminate - and hope your team is looking to protect each other.