PDA

View Full Version : Champion competitive rating is completely off the mark

SirPepay
12-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Is there any way to urge Hi-Rez to fix their rating system for competitive play, or to at least divulgate some specific information about how it works?

Look, I get a win, "Here you go son, 22 points, don't spend it all at once!"

But when I get a loss, it's "Git gud noob!" with 74 lost points.

I mean, really? REALLY?! Three times more points taken away for a loss than given for a win? Who came up with those parameters? Maybe he should've gotten thrown out of the window like the guy in the meme for coming up with that during the meeting.

EpplZ
12-02-2016, 03:29 AM
I lost 250 one day, just because I played with a "master cassie" who was probably letting is retarded little sister play instead of him... and who went afk on the 3rd round...

Drathahasu
12-02-2016, 04:13 AM
lol I really hope it wasn't me :D

Yeah, the funny thing is. It's so much easier to level up your smurf account that it is to level up your main account low-rated champions. That's the reason I respect players who have 500+ matches and high elo (3k+ casual, 2.2k+ ranked). It's so easy to get high elo on smurf account with less than 100 matches.

I have no idea how many wins I would need to get my 3700 barik up to master... THOUGH! I do have Diamond fernando - no idea how. I suck as fernando and I probably got it diamond in pure luck - our team carried me and got wins.

So, overall, this is a bit broken since entry level rating is way too high (you can literally get diamond in 1 match and master in ~10 matches).
It's all about rating algorithm and matchmaking system.
If you are put against average low-level players and you loose (which might be improbable) - you loose big.
If you are put against high-rating players and win (which is improbable) - you win big (I think).

Azurion
12-02-2016, 04:24 AM
lol I really hope it wasn't me :D

Yeah, the funny thing is. It's so much easier to level up your smurf account that it is to level up your main account low-rated champions. That's the reason I respect players who have 500+ matches and high elo (3k+ casual, 2.2k+ ranked). It's so easy to get high elo on smurf account with less than 100 matches.

I have no idea how many wins I would need to get my 3700 barik up to master... THOUGH! I do have Diamond fernando - no idea how. I suck as fernando and I probably got it diamond in pure luck - our team carried me and got wins.

So, overall, this is a bit broken since entry level rating is way too high (you can literally get diamond in 1 match and master in ~10 matches).
It's all about rating algorithm and matchmaking system.
If you are put against average low-level players and you loose (which might be improbable) - you loose big.
If you are put against high-rating players and win (which is improbable) - you win big (I think).

ive seen people get master after 7 win streak

Roster
12-02-2016, 05:01 AM
yes it's stupid, you creat a smurf and you just need to win 7 time with your low elo.

Onyxys
12-02-2016, 05:46 AM
Is there any way to urge Hi-Rez to fix their rating system for competitive play, or to at least divulgate some specific information about how it works?

Look, I get a win, "Here you go son, 22 points, don't spend it all at once!"

But when I get a loss, it's "Git gud noob!" with 74 lost points.

I mean, really? REALLY?! Three times more points taken away for a loss than given for a win? Who came up with those parameters? Maybe he should've gotten thrown out of the window like the guy in the meme for coming up with that during the meeting.

I think it is a forced winrate to make your score always be near some digits. You think, that you can play better and reach better scores, but BAM- mm gives you fully idiots in the team, you lose and lose lots of scores. It is only an illusion