PDA

View Full Version : Skye is OP

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Don't give me any BS. She's op. She can instakill basically anyone on the team with little effort and is utterly undetectable. Fix it.

I play Kinessa a lot and Skye being present means you're basically free lunch the entire game. Your gameplay shouldn't be based around "Oh, I picked this character so now you're totally melted".

Give Kinessa better cards to deal with shit like Skye if you're going to make her an instakill assassin.

Azurion
12-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Little effort , forum lvl 1 , account lvl 10 ho gosh its cute

OdettexFury
12-01-2016, 03:38 PM
OP in this instance must stand for: OP = Obnoxious Player because Skye, while annoying, isn't overpowered. You can hear her come out of cloaking and if you purchase Illuminate, she's really easy to take on.

Have you played as Skye? If not, give it a whirl. You may discover she's not as OP as you believe.

Azurion
12-01-2016, 03:43 PM
OP in this instance must stand for: OP = Obnoxious Player because Skye, while annoying, isn't overpowered. You can hear her come out of cloaking and if you purchase Illuminate, she's really easy to take on.

Have you played as Skye? If not, give it a whirl. You may discover she's not as OP as you believe.

another steam player that makes jokes lul dont mind him i guess

PTLagger
12-01-2016, 03:44 PM
How to counter Skye? Don't play Kinessa

Fenexa
I don't care about your stupid little insults. Go masturbate over being alpha at 4chan.

She's OP. She can have you down to critical HP within half a second.

OdettexFury
I don't give a flying f--- what kind of stupid insults you use.

She's OP. It doesn't f---ing change anything.

I played her, she is OP. You just spam poison and unload your crossbow and pussy out into invis.

You really should be careful about using all of your vocabulary in a single post.

On topic: So, you're upset because by using tactics to deal damage and survive somehow equates to being overpowered? And, if you have Illuminate---you can see where the little rascal runs off too or where she's coming from before she even hits you with poison darts. There are ways to counter her, you only have to be willing to use them.

ThatOthell159
12-01-2016, 03:47 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/717/614/0e4.png

Bait is real.

Level 1-3, 1-5 posts, try harder man.

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 03:47 PM
You really should be careful about using all of your vocabulary in a single post.

On topic: So, you're upset because by using tactics to deal damage and survive somehow equates to being overpowered? And, if you have Illuminate---you can see where the little rascal runs off too or where she's coming from before she even hits you with poison darts. There are ways to counter her, you only have to be willing to use them.

seems to be a forum troll. and at the rate im seeing his posts being deleted the dude doesnt have much time left on here. were feeding the angry troll. much joy.
anyway the Skye topics are annoying to view nowadays, half the community whines shes underpowered, and the other half whines that shes overpowered and gets trash talkd by the elitist "skye in underpowered" group. its really, REALLY pointless tosee.

being on topic, skye is in a bleh spot. if your too absorbed in fighting, and lose focus you wil be friggin bursted to death. she is a literal assassin who is supposed to take out unaware/weakend targets. thats it.

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:48 PM
How to counter Skye? Don't play Kinessa]

Sounds like a shitty tactic to me, especially considering you can't change your fucking character mid match.

Maybe HR shouldn't make characters as disposable and garbage as Kinessa?

Gee whizz, let's make a sniper who is literally toast against anyone and everyone.

But while it's hard enough to deal with everyone else, let's make her ESPECIALLY vulnerable to an invisible assassin who can kill her in half a second!

Game balancing logic.

LyonsOrder
12-01-2016, 03:48 PM

http://i.giphy.com/WMfho5VxnIaOc.gif

So much savagery, this thread should just be closed after that.

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:51 PM

Illuminate is garbage. Half the time Skye just runs her mount straight into the backlines and unloads poison and proceeds to instakill me with her crossbow.

Illuminate isn't going to save me from someone who never went invisible.

There are no ways to counter a good Skye because she's so easy to play. Your kills are practically given to you as Skye.

Just unload poison dart, spam a good amount of bolts, and basically every character in the game except the really tanky ones is dead.

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:52 PM
To be clear, you can post all the garbage internet memes you want, but my point is still going to be here. You guys are doing literally nothing but ridiculing me for pointing out that Skye can kill any character that isn't a tank in half a second with little opportunity to fight back .

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Actually, let's go a step further.

Tell me how a Kinessa is supposed to fight off a Skye.

No answer? Thought so.

LyonsOrder
12-01-2016, 03:53 PM
There are no ways to counter a good Skye because she's so easy to play.

she's so easy to play.

easy to play.

You have 6 mins of playing as her against new players. That's like someone who's had 10 minutes in a flight sim saying he can fly an actual plane.

Also, Evie can kill Skye in 2-3 shots, which is even worse because Skye has to get close to kill enemies, and Evie is deadly at close range. Also, Viktor can melt Skye, as well as Drogoz, Ying, Buck, Sha Lin, Cassie, BK, Androxus, and Pip.

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Actually, let's go a step further.

Tell me how a Kinessa is supposed to fight off a Skye.

No answer? Thought so.

ok i'll bite your bait.

answer: Oppressor mines bro. as a dude who started paladins with playing kinessa. your mines are you safety cushions. and imlike,90% sure they can detect stealthed skyes and slow them down aka KNOCK THEM OFF THEIR MOUNT.

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm going to keep posting curse words as long as your retarded forum users keep insulting me. So please, moderators, keep doing what you're doing, and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

How to play Skye in three steps?

1. Invis and run to enemy
2. Unload poison.
3. Unload crossbow.

There is no high level strat. The playstyle would be the same in someone with 30 seconds of playtime vs someone with 30 days.

There is no fight, no chance to kill her. You are dead instantly. The only possible person I can think of that would be able to survive Skye without being a tank is Evie because of her ice block, and that's only if she gets it off in time.

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 04:01 PM
ok i'll bite your bait.

answer: Oppressor mines bro. as a dude who started paladins with playing kinessa. your mines are you safety cushions. and imlike,90% sure they can detect stealthed skyes and slow them down aka KNOCK THEM OFF THEIR MOUNT.

I actually built a class around the mines to try that out specifically and here's what I found.

1. Mines do not target invis Skye.
2. The effect of the mines do not stack.
3. The damage is negligible and will not turn a fight in your favor.

Generally a Skye will have her entire bow unloaded by the time your first shot is charged.

OdettexFury
12-01-2016, 04:02 PM
ok i'll bite your bait.

I was actually just thinking this exact thing. Then use Transporter to get out of her range like up on a ledge or just create some distance (and if you have the Restore card, you'll recover some HP), shoot...shoot some more...shoot again.

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
I actually built a class around the mines to try that out specifically and here's what I found.

1. Mines do not target invis Skye.
2. The effect of the mines do not stack.
3. The damage is negligible and will not turn a fight in your favor.

Generally a Skye will have her entire bow unloaded by the time your first shot is charged.

Oh, looks like your trying to scope her at close range, this is what i gather from use of "first shot is CHARGED"
yeah, bad idea. very very bad idea.
close range scoping is not advised, kinessa has a large spread basic shot, it actually hurts if her ult is active, or your stuck in a mine.

feralknights
12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
@Xavier1942
I apologize if I ever made you feel like I was trashing you or being an elitist, I actually try really hard to make sure that I'm offering criticism and suggestions without it being ragey, salty, or trashy. That kind of attitude doesn't help anyone. I won't change my opinion that Skye desperately needs some love, though.

I agree, too-- Oppressor Mines absolutely hammer her to the ground. As far as I've been able to tell they (and Barik's turrets) will detect Skye to basically full range. Two taps from the turrets and she's out of stealth and loses all of her movement buffs. Kinessa's mines mark the target and cause them to take extra damage.

@Fenexa
Are you still at level 5 or below? You face specifically bots there. Definitely give Skye a whirl and see how she plays for yourself-- once you learn her audio cues she's actually hands-down literally the easiest character in the game to drop. Evie, Andro, and Buck have great escape options at their disposal that can swoop them back out of harm while Skye can get pretty badly pinned down via CCs as I noted above about Kinessa's mines-- she's one of the only characters on the roster that has no way to mitigate them without using burn cards.

Give it some time, learn a few more characters, and you'll be rolling Skye in no time.

PTLagger
12-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Ask one of your teammate protect you against Skye if you sure you are a good Kinessa player. Kinessa is suposes to long range heavy hitter, but lack of close range defense

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 04:05 PM
@Xavier1942
I apologize if I ever made you feel like I was trashing you or being an elitist, I actually try really hard to make sure that I'm offering criticism and suggestions without it being ragey, salty, or trashy. That kind of attitude doesn't help anyone. I won't change my opinion that Skye desperately needs some love, though.

I agree, too-- Oppressor Mines absolutely hammer her to the ground. As far as I've been able to tell they (and Barik's turrets) will detect Skye to basically full range. Two taps from the turrets and she's out of stealth and loses all of her movement buffs. Kinessa's mines mark the target and cause them to take extra damage.

@Fenexa
Are you still at level 5 or below? You face specifically bots there. Definitely give Skye a whirl and see how she plays for yourself-- once you learn her audio cues she's actually hands-down literally the easiest character in the game to drop. Evie, Andro, and Buck have great escape options at their disposal that can swoop them back out of harm while Skye can get pretty badly pinned down via CCs as I noted above about Kinessa's mines-- she's one of the only characters on the roster that has no way to mitigate them without using burn cards.

Give it some time, learn a few more characters, and you'll be rolling Skye in no time.

lol i dont even know you...no seriously, who the heck are you?
i dont speak the data ive gathered from personal experiences, its a general attitude ive gathered from a large amount of the forumgoers ive noticed.
...no seriously, who the heck are you?

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 04:09 PM
I'll look into it. Kinessa's cards for escape seem like utter garbage, though, and don't make a meaningful difference unless you dump all your points into them.

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I'll look into it. Kinessa's cards for escape seem like utter garbage, though, and don't make a meaningful difference unless you dump all your points into them.

yeah they somewhat look to be, especiallyif your already fully invested in the opressor mines(like seriously, when fully invested in they have 120% range AND can target the entirety of the enemy team if their in range. its amazing and hilarious) there isnt much room left for the teleporter cards. but i think the one that buffs the speed of the teleporters flight SHOULD be good? maybe? i dont touch the teleporter cards

Fenexa
12-01-2016, 04:13 PM
yeah they somewhat look to be, especiallyif your already fully invested in the opressor mines(like seriously, when fully invested in they have 120% range AND can target the entirety of the enemy team if their in range. its amazing and hilarious) there isnt much room left for the teleporter cards. but i think the one that buffs the speed of the teleporters flight SHOULD be good? maybe? i dont touch the teleporter cards

I'm banking on Kinessa and Ying at the moment so I have all of their cards unlocked. The teleporter takes far too long to activate.

BossBrown
12-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm going to keep posting curse words as long as your retarded forum users keep insulting me. So please, moderators, keep doing what you're doing, and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

How to play Skye in three steps?

1. Invis and run to enemy
2. Unload poison.
3. Unload crossbow.

There is no high level strat. The playstyle would be the same in someone with 30 seconds of playtime vs someone with 30 days.

There is no fight, no chance to kill her. You are dead instantly. The only possible person I can think of that would be able to survive Skye without being a tank is Evie because of her ice block, and that's only if she gets it off in time.

If you can beat Skye this game is probably 2 hard 4 u m8. I wreck her with Kinessa

OdettexFury
12-01-2016, 04:22 PM
If you can beat Skye this game is probably 2 hard 4 u m8. I wreck her with Kinessa

Do you have any pointers to offer to help him out?

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 04:27 PM

prime exampleof my aforementioned "Elitist Attitude" argument i've been seeing as of late.
non-constructive, non-helpful troll bait posts that are different variants of "you suck, get good, your trash."

people like the OP, even if they are angry, do actually need assistance and help. not elitist attitudes.

edit: this'll probably re-escalate now tbh.
...and this is putting me in the mood to play kinessa now o-o.

edit 2:

I'm banking on Kinessa and Ying at the moment so I have all of their cards unlocked. The teleporter takes far too long to activate.

teleporter does take painfully long to activate, you might need to invest in some alernate escape, like jumping off the ledgeyour on or something.

OdettexFury
12-01-2016, 04:31 PM
teleporter does take painfully long to activate, you might need to invest in some alernate escape, like jumping off the ledgeyour on or something.

I once escaped off a ledge...which was also off the map, so they got the kill anyways. +10 Noob Skill.

Lesson learned: be aware of your surroundings.

Xavier1942
12-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I once escaped off a ledge...which was also off the map, so they got the kill anyways. +10 Noob Skill.

Lesson learned: be aware of your surroundings.

lol could have been worse though, could've teleportered yourself off the edge of the map,
if the way teleporter is designed even allows for that.
if it does...RIP.