PDA

View Full Version : Why does Hi-Rez hate Front Liners and Support? (OB39 nerfs)

Crookedtooth
11-30-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't get why Hi-Rez doesn't like FL and Supp. Why did they even implement them in the game if they get nerfed down to death? They could have just made a damage class only game if they love DPS classes so much. First Barik gets nerfed to death, now Fernando gets another health nerf and Ying gets another nerf.

I mean sure - the player base says they want to play DMG r0xX0r Champions where they feel like they are the greatest kings and queens for massive damage output and these are the people Hi-Rez gets the money from but I don't understand why the implemented Front Liners and Support at first hand if they slowly nerf them down to total irrelevance. If this goes on front liners will be really bad damage champions with a bit higher health than the rest (or in case of Barik, even less health than the rest)

Ravuh
11-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Because Front Lines and Supports are suppose to be situational roles, not tanks and healers. This isn't an MMORPG.

A Fernando shouldn't be able to park on the point and open his shield and do nothing else and be considered a '' good player ''

I don't personally think any front line/support is currently overpowered, but sadly 90% of the community would rather whine about something on the forums rather then find a way to improve, also probably 60-80% of the community are casual players with 1.3k elo without the ability to improve.

So sometimes they have to cater towards that percentage to keep player growth in the numbers whilst the '' good '' players just have to adapt.

esroh
11-30-2016, 02:38 PM
you got link to patch notes?

HerrHanzi
11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Err... Nerfs?

Fernando - Yes, he will be nerfed three times, but the first two ones will not make that much diffrence, and the third one will encourage smart play. Right now most Fernando players just pop shields and hope for a win, this change will (hopefully) make them start thinking.

And he's the only FL to get nerfed. Let's see the others:

Makoa: Will do more damage than before (buff).

Mal'Damba: Will have more base health (buff).

Ying: Carry On card will be nerfed. Ok, it's a nerf, but not on Ying. This change was made in order to make players actually think. Right now Carry On I is already very powerful, this nerf will make it more balanced. And may I remember you about people that don't even use this card. They won't notice the nerf at all.

P.S. I didn't have the patience to see the entire live, so those are the only changes I heard, regarding Front Lines and Supports. If there are any other that I don't know yet, please tell me.

esroh
11-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Err... Nerfs?

Fernando - Yes, he will be nerfed three times, but the first two ones will not make that much diffrence, and the third one will encourage smart play. Right now most Fernando players just pop shields and hope for a win, this change will (hopefully) make them start thinking.

And he's the only FL to get nerfed. Let's see the others:

Makoa: Will do more damage than before (buff).

Mal'Damba: Will have more base health (buff).

Ying: Carry On card will be nerfed. Ok, it's a nerf, but not on Ying. This change was made in order to make players actually think. Right now Carry On I is already very powerful, this nerf will make it more balanced. And may I remenber you about people (like me) that don't even use this card. They won't notice the nerf at all.

P.S. I didn't have the patience to see the entire live, so those are the only changes I heard, regarding Front Lines and Supports. If there are any other that I don't know yet, please tell me.

can you link patch notes? please baby

Haker519
11-30-2016, 03:38 PM
can you link patch notes? please baby

There`s only few unofficial. Like this - one (https://www.facebook.com/PaladinsMemez/posts/1822834741339466)

TheZurreal
11-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Because Front Lines and Supports are suppose to be situational roles, not tanks and healers. This isn't an MMORPG.

A Fernando shouldn't be able to park on the point and open his shield and do nothing else and be considered a '' good player ''

I don't personally think any front line/support is currently overpowered, but sadly 90% of the community would rather whine about something on the forums rather then find a way to improve, also probably 60-80% of the community are casual players with 1.3k elo without the ability to improve.

So sometimes they have to cater towards that percentage to keep player growth in the numbers whilst the '' good '' players just have to adapt.

I think Frontliners and supports should never be situantional. They should be mandatory for each team. Right now it is pretty easy to win with 5 damage/flankers and people will not stop picking them all the time if they keeps nerfing the alternative options.

EsuMasterGames
11-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Fernando is OP and Makoa, Maldamba have BUFF ;-;

ProfDrMahler
11-30-2016, 04:13 PM
well i like the buff by makoa
now hes the PUNISHER and viktor should not even think about 2 get close on him "basicly every champ with 2200 hp

Crookedtooth
11-30-2016, 04:59 PM
The Makoa buff is not really a buff regarding to front line gameplay but enforces exactly what I said -> Frontliners becoming bad damage classes. If they wanted to buff Makoa as a Frontliner they would have given his shield a longer duration or him more hp.
As for Mal'Damba, yeah 100 hp is good but not really a buff regarding Suppportgameplay.

FumbleBunny
11-30-2016, 06:52 PM
I play a lot of Makoa, and I personally don't think he needs a buff. Any low health champ that doesn't have an amazing escape ability (Viktor being the prime example) is dead meat if they get hooked. His shield is quite strong, but it requires good postitioning and timing, just like Barik's. It only really shines when you use it to protect allies, not just yourself. Simply standing on the point and using the shield is not the right way to Makoa. He's not Fernando.

FenexDragonis
11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
no this is more to stop the deathball team comps thats all

Rawkh
11-30-2016, 11:36 PM
This changes might work for tournaments with competent players, but in general it will ruin the game experience for most the ppl, the problem with hi-rez is the way they think "Uh, many ppl picking Fernando instead of the rest of the frontliners", "Mmm why ppl rather pick ying instead of any other support?", and they rather nerf these characters to force ppl to pick another champ, intead of just simply boosting a little bit the others in their category, so they keep nerfing Fernando, now started with Ying aswell.

Even if there are several threads on this forums speaking about ppl NOT picking any frontline or support in casuals, they decide to do this, literally encouraging these players to (if they had any doubt) never pick these roles, get ready for 5 dmg/flank matches 90% of the time from now on.

From this update the only decent changes were the wormhole nerf and maybe the Makoa slight buff.

Nylisa
12-01-2016, 12:55 AM

can you elaborate about this "situational role" you talking about?

Krunched
12-01-2016, 02:47 AM
Frontlines and supports aren't disadvantaged... their just getting nerfs to be balanced out.

esroh
12-01-2016, 03:41 AM
There`s only few unofficial. Like this - one (https://www.facebook.com/PaladinsMemez/posts/1822834741339466)

thank you, you are cool

Mundal
12-01-2016, 04:24 AM
I was expecting cassie and drogoz nerf. But meh maybe next time.

AngryBes
12-02-2016, 01:18 AM
Probably because they take no skill.

HyouRetsuzan
12-02-2016, 01:27 AM
like i just wrote on other thread, the damage class are currently laughing with the small nerfs on FL and hard nerf on the sup n flanks

cassie, androx and drogo will continue to pew pew hard with barely any counter for them

ProfDrMahler
12-02-2016, 02:02 AM
The Makoa buff is not really a buff regarding to front line gameplay but enforces exactly what I said -> Frontliners becoming bad damage classes. If they wanted to buff Makoa as a Frontliner they would have given his shield a longer duration or him more hp.
As for Mal'Damba, yeah 100 hp is good but not really a buff regarding Suppportgameplay.

i honestly i think more that makoa is a offencive tank and is there for punish your enemy and with these 50 dmg more you do a bit more after the hook wich accy mean a higher chance 2 kill the hooked targed