PDA

View Full Version : Grohk is seriously OP now, he was massively overbuffed

AoMSauce
11-30-2016, 08:53 AM
There used to be counterplay to him by destroying his healing totem but now its really hard. When you take loadout cards like healing rain 4 and gale 4 that aid his healing totem it becomes seriously op and statistics support this. Will he get nerfed any time soon?

FumbleBunny
11-30-2016, 09:16 AM
900 health is "really hard"? Maybe for Fernando, but most others can 1 or 2-shot it. It's just that most people never bother because it doesn't go "ding" when it gets destroyed.

BubaChmara
11-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Bruuuuh.

Buy buldozer and that's it

OdettexFury
11-30-2016, 09:24 AM
Bruuuuh.

Buy bulldozer and that's it

Duuuuuude. This.

A flank could easily poke Grohk into submission or if he gets caught by a stun, he's easy to melt.

PTLagger
11-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Because the Healing Rain card is broken, it's heal 16% of max HP per sec instead of 4%. If hirez fix this bug (maybe they don't lol), they should buff his totem's base HP to 1200

Mundal
11-30-2016, 09:32 AM
No he's not. To me Ying is still the Best healer. Like the guy said buy bulldozer, but wait most people don't want to waste a burn card just because of a single enemy champ.

Crookedtooth
11-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Grohk is now actually pretty well balanced compared to ying. But as I know Hi-Rez they will nerf Grohk anyways, because they always seem to react to the noobs rather than awarding good gameplay (-> destroy hist totem). Same thing with Barik they could have told the players to destroy his turrets but instead they just nerfed him to death.

FumbleBunny
11-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Same thing with Barik they could have told the players to destroy his turrets but instead they just nerfed him to death.

It's not really the same problem. The issue with Barik was the endless cycle of Barik healing turrets by being close and turrets healing Bark in turn, making it equally hard to kill both. Once he gets set up on a point, he still requires coordinated effort to get rid of, or he'll just retreat a bit and set up again. Barik + Ying on a point is still a complete mess because so much of your damage gets sucked up by deployables instead of contributing to kills.

Crookedtooth
11-30-2016, 10:09 AM
It's not really the same problem. The issue with Barik was the endless cycle of Barik healing turrets by being close and turrets healing Bark in turn, making it equally hard to kill both. Once he gets set up on a point, he still requires coordinated effort to get rid of, or he'll just retreat a bit and set up again. Barik + Ying on a point is still a complete mess because so much of your damage gets sucked up by deployables instead of contributing to kills.

That's what the bulldozer card is there for (which is after the nerf pretty useless, you just kill barik).

Seriously, this game is not just pew pew (or should not be) but also some tactics. Dont buy aggression if a Barik is on the other team, let one in your team buy bulldozer and he can fokus on turrets/ying illusions/grohk totems. It's not that hard. Or dont buy bulldozer and distribute the rolls so that one player destroys the turrets and the rest kills him.

It really bothers me because people like you make sure this game is going to be no brain shooting range, where you don't have to use common sense and tactics anymore but just farm off the kills. The sad thing is, that Hi-Rez listens to people like you.

FumbleBunny
11-30-2016, 10:55 AM
That's what the bulldozer card is there for (which is after the nerf pretty useless, you just kill barik).

Seriously, this game is not just pew pew (or should not be) but also some tactics. Dont buy aggression if a Barik is on the other team, let one in your team buy bulldozer and he can fokus on turrets/ying illusions/grohk totems. It's not that hard. Or dont buy bulldozer and distribute the rolls so that one player destroys the turrets and the rest kills him.

It really bothers me because people like you make sure this game is going to be no brain shooting range, where you don't have to use common sense and tactics anymore but just farm off the kills. The sad thing is, that Hi-Rez listens to people like you.

Well, that's a whole lot of baseless assumptions about who I am and what I want, but whatever.

I only have one thing to add really - no champs should be hard countered by a card, and no champs should require a specific card to counter. The "just buy card x" argument can sod off - that's what diehard Skye fans were claiming before the nerf, that's what diehard Barik fans were claiming before the nerf, and it's what diehard Buck fans are currently claiming. I don't care, because the outcome is predictable and pretty much always justified. Skye will stay nerfed, Barik will stay nerfed, and Buck will be nerfed eventually. And it's better for everyone this way.

sinosleep
11-30-2016, 11:14 AM
You don't even need bulldozer. Ffs, half the cast can do 900 damage in under 2 seconds.

Wow you have to focus on something other than an enemy for a fraction of the game, the horror, the horror.

Ravuh
11-30-2016, 11:17 AM
The only time Grohk even seems remotely overpowered is when he places a totem on the flank and baits you in to fight him, otherwise he functions at about the same level as Ying or Grover. But in that situation yes he isn't really killable (unless they truly suck and you're decent at landing hits) but at the same time whilst he is doing that he isn't totem healing his team and if his team is still winning anyway then we know what the true issue was.

Drathahasu
11-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Grohk is a bit OP. I've played as him and damage is insane while being able to survive... Any flank will be down to 50% until his totem is being taken down and whenever Buck jumps, Grohk can shadow and boom again put totem and proceed the fight.

Damage for a ground-level support is a bit high or let's say - a bit long range.

Still, nerf was needed and let's see what happens on the long run.

esroh
11-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Because the Healing Rain card is broken, it's heal 16% of max HP per sec instead of 4%. If hirez fix this bug (maybe they don't lol), they should buff his totem's base HP to 1200

dno about that, but it sometimes feels a bit off... anyways im loving the new flank grohk.