PDA

View Full Version : Burn Card concept: Parthian shot

eetee
11-26-2016, 08:59 PM
So one of the things that makes Paladins unique is the horse which you're mounted on at spawn. However it only get's used when respawning and disappears pretty quickly... So I thought it would be interesting if the horse assist in the fray itself...

Card name: Parthian shot
Type: Utility (Yellow)
Cost : 200
Effects:
Level 1: You may attack and use all your abilities whilst still mounted on your horse. Speed enhancements/penalties still apply. Taking any damage will dismount you.
Level 2: Your horse is a deployable with 250hp. Can be healed with abilities and staying out of combat.
Level 3: Your horse is a deployable with 500hp. Can be healed with abilities and staying out of combat.

So frontliners probably won't benefit from this burn card, but flankers (and anyone that needs to reposition themselves regularly) such as Skye can move much faster as long as they never take a significant hit.

Also I want to see Evie or Drogo dragging their horse around whilst flying...

TheZurreal
11-27-2016, 05:39 AM
It sounds rather strong. Why not just a 300/600/900 shield on the horse?

Azurion
11-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Lul i see my self has shalin shoting arrows on the horse

eetee
11-27-2016, 07:47 PM
It sounds rather strong. Why not just a 300/600/900 shield on the horse?

Every other card (other than Master Rider) has a lasting effect as you play... A shield just for when you're mounted seems underwhelming...
Also, assuming everyone is close to equal skill, it shouldn't take long to force people off their mounts... But it maybe the difference between not being able reclaim the objective and being able to kill key targets allowing your team to take the point again.

Xavier1942
11-28-2016, 09:27 PM
ok first, before i go into any detail i need to nitpick this detail that bugs me

Burn Card Concept Parthian Shot

Card name: Parthian shot
Type: Utility (Yellow)
Cost : 200

anyway, this right here is probably a no-no. the horses are meant to get you to the action quicker, using them for repositioning would be...not "broken" but would upset the game balance imo. it gives mobility spammers even more spammable mobility, and pretty sure a fernando flamethrowering form atop a horse would barbeque the poor horse.

this seriously looks like you just made it PURELY to benefit Flank characters and the damage classes who act as "Flanks"