PDA

View Full Version : One mildly annoying thing about Pip's ult

KicksBrickster
11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
I thought it was a bug at first, but unfortunately not.

'Throw a flask that deals 200 damage and turns enemies into chickens with 1500 health for 4s,'

The problem lies in the fact that those enemies are set to 1500 health regardless of what health they had. When using the ult, any enemies with less than 1500 health are actually healed because of it, which means I need 3 shots to kill them rather than the one it would take otherwise.

I personally think enemies who at less than 1500 health should keep their health at whatever it was before the ult was used. So if Cassie is at 950 health, she wouldn't heal for 550 when I use the ult. Why should they be given a health buffer like that?

Brodeo
11-24-2016, 12:31 PM
I mean, the obvious suggestion is to say that you should kill Low-Health enemies normally because you're wasting your ult by using it against them...

Also, it doesn't actually heal them, as they revert to their prior health when turning back into their champion. So you can confidently ignore that Low-Health Cassie and focus on the temporarily-low-health Fernando you just turned into a chicken. If there are meaty champs you hit with your ult, go after them. If there are only Low-Health champs, just don't waste the ult.

LyonsOrder
11-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Also, it doesn't actually heal them, as they revert to their prior health when turning back into their champion.

I think what KicksBrickster is trying to say is that if you use Pip's ult on a champ that has say 400 HP, then Pip's ult will set them up to 1500 HP while morphing them into a chicken. This is technically healing the champ for 4 seconds before they revert back to their original HP, considering they haven't died.

I've noticed this too and in my opinion I would rather keep it the way it is. This just makes it so that people don't mindlessly use Pip's ult and actually have to put some though into using it.

Mundal
11-25-2016, 01:47 AM
but even if you healed them to 1500hp its not like they are a threat for those 4 seconds, besides they revert back to original hp. Pips ultra is best used on tanks or enemies in group.

Ravuh
11-25-2016, 10:29 AM
I know it would make Pip useless because of his loadouts and other skills being really useless at the moment, but how about we address that firing Pip's ultimate into one space somehow hits 3-4 champions that are not really close to the cast area? no? okay.

LyonsOrder
11-25-2016, 10:33 AM
I know it would make Pip useless because of his loadouts and other skills being really useless at the moment

I guess you haven't played against a good Pip yet.

Ravuh
11-25-2016, 04:10 PM
I guess you haven't played against a good Pip yet.

I guess you're just used to NA queue game-play were everyone is so bad that a pip is actually viable as a 'support'