PDA

View Full Version : Androxus - Underpowered and buggy

iSagan
11-22-2016, 02:23 AM
Hey guys, this isn't an opinion based debate thread (although I know the forum lurkers will quickly turn it into that) it's specifically feedback on Androxus, who I found surprisingly weak after playing him. I've played many champions and he's one of the only ones I feel have been totally left behind the rest of the champions in the game, mostly when comparing to those who share his role. I know the title alone is going to immediately trigger people, because as a flank he is still able to get kills and some times with relative safety (especially if you have a low win rate and are up against people who wont turn around even when being flanked), and so people think "well if he's killing me he must be overpowered"... so this is about STATISTICS and COMPARISONS foremost, and opinions at the end, which I'm assuming a majority of people will skip to because of emotional bias.

It looks like a massive post but its mostly because of the spacing to seperate each trait.

-

Comparing in ONLY squishiness with similar strength champion in ONLY this attribute [not power]:

Evie has 1,800hp
Androxus has 2,000hp

Evie has a long lasting immunity for all angles that can work as a steroid, able to be cancelled when ever she needs to
Androxus has a short bullet absorbtion only from the front that can apply damage (more often the enemies just or stop shooting, similarly with Evie) that cannot be cancelled when needed
*Androxus' shield doesn't properly apply for people here in Australia, I have had people shoot through the reversal field constantly and witnessed the 'ripples' from the shield appear in the air AFTER i die

Evie has extreme manuaverability, including an instant blink that is able to be used instantly with no travel time, with massive buffs in cards, as well as a massively ranged dash with high speed and good cards
Androxus has a dash, which is somewhat slow (easily shot while dashing and sometimes cant escape AoEs like Skyes ult in tighter scenarios) that has, theoretically, a much longer cool down as it only resets after spamming all 3 or letting it run down for ~3 seconds, and no good cards (even increased dash range is still to low ESPECIALLY when comparing with Evie, Buck or Kinessa teleports/dash range)
*Dashing with high ping [Australia] can cause you to go in the direction you were aiming at about 1 second prior. Translation: if you were aiming at someone and had to turn to run, you can end up dashing at them while being turned around

Evies ult allows her to drop and run
Androxus slows dramatically [80% slow], glows brighter and can be damaged by his own attack

THIS COMPARISON IS NOT COMPARING EVIE AND ANDROXUS' POWER, IT WAS ONLY COMPARING THEIR ABILITY TO SURVIVE

-

Comparing in ONLY power with similar strength champion in ONLY this attribute:

Buck has up to 540 damage, up to over 900 with a decent head shot [multiple fragments], but 30% more and even higher crits on netted targets, with a rapid drop off to damage in range
Androxus has up to 620 per shot, up to over 800 with a decent head shot [one bullet], no steroids, with a rapid drop off to damage in range

Androxus also has a 3 round shot that deals reduced damage by over half [only 300 per hit] dealing 900 damage if all 3 hit with the added bonus of 500 additional damage IF they all hit. Raw damage alone, 3 normal hits will deal 1,860 on body shots in 1.5 seconds. The 3 round shot will deal 1,400 [only if all hit] minus 300 + 500 bonus damage if even one misses, in 1.2 seconds. The 3 round burst has EXTREME inaccuracy, which is mostly why I'm comparing Androxus with Buck in terms of damage. Head shots are purely a chance based occurance.

Buck has 3,000hp and a heal over time (meaning it can and should be activated immediately after a fight begins)
Androxus has 2,000hp, a short duration bullet block that has no effect if they notice it [90%+ of the time against people]

Buck has a MASSIVE jump that includes moderate damage and a slow, it does not disrupt shooting
Androxus has a short dash, able to be used 3 times that momentarily stops shooting per activation. Androxus doesn't have any crowd control effects on any ability

THIS COMPARISON IS NOT COMPARING BUCK AND ANDROXUS IN ANY WAY EXCEPT THEIR ABILITY TO DEAL DAMAGE IN GENERAL AS WELL AS FACE DOWN ENEMIES

-

So from here you can make up your own mind of course. But my personal experience playing Androxus is that even just dashing by a fight, or trying to shoot someone, has you rapidly drop under half HP and near death (for such a low HP champion) even by getting accidently hit from a stray bullet, AoE of cover fire allowing literally anyone, even the healers, to walk passed you by sheer luck and go 'oooo a kill' and drop you in an instant. Your only way to heal is to try and zoom through the map with a large cool down dash and find a healer or immediately start purchasing life steal. He can't go toe to toe with any champion... literally any champion. Besides from the few situations you can out smart someone, but his kit doesn't offer much opportunity for that seeing as the dash is often used to position yourself offensively leaving very little chance to escape. The most surprising thing has been how close you need to be to do any reasonable amount of damage that isn't instantly regenerated through cards or god forbid, a healer. You have to be extremely close and constantly at risk of being nuked out immediately to do normal damage. I try to save my dash for escapes and ults, but walking your way through fits or passed even just 2 other players has gotten me killed countless times. The final point I'll make on this personal opinion and feedback section is that while his ult is *good* it still doesn't make up for his extreme weaknesses, especially when compared to other champions in his role you often come against that can kill you in two hits flat, often in literally under 3 seconds. The ult shouldn't slow you so dramatically. I know the main argument will be that he needs to dash into the air but this is yet another weakness of Androxus. Most champions can pop the ults to turn fights or save themselves, but if Androxus is required to dash out of a fight to prevent dying... then what? Most champions require 3 shots to kill any way, which is only 1 less than his normal shots, and while you're slowed and low HP it generally ends up being a stradegy you immediately reject.

Got a feeling this market schemey based 'balancing' that has been going on will keep him at this level till they have some skins to sell. Until then, Evie, Skye and Buck will keep generating them money and Androxus will stay left behind because he doesn't generate as much cash. But that's a complete side note, please don't obsess on this, this section was for my personal opinion and experience. This is feedback on Androxus. I have a high win rate and am constantly competing with ranked players, not against players who let you shoot the back of their head for 3 seconds straight.

To clarify the bugs, which largely seem ping related:
- Reversal doesn't work correctly. Damage is applied and the immunity is delayed, sometimes only appearing till you have died.
- Nether Step doesn't dash where you're aiming. The ping delays the communication, or what ever it is, by up to a maximum of 1 second. This can be the difference to dashing where you're aiming, or dashing into the enemy you were just aiming at and are now running from.
- {bug?} Despite accurate placement of the crosshair and extremely close range, Defiance bullets will sometimes have no effect, showing no nearby tracer or bullet hole indicating a miss but not applying damage or the bonus damage correctly. I suspect this is a bullet interacting with the hitbox drag but still not considering it a successful hit because of its accuracy and hit scan based bullet type

Let the flaming begin.

EvieIV
11-22-2016, 02:35 AM
i mean if you're bad as a character you don't call him underpowered. i myself can't use androxus either but i don't whine about making him have an easier hitbox so that i can hit better
you press e and win the game

ThatOthell159
11-22-2016, 02:36 AM
Androxus is no where near underpowered, if you can aim your shots properly, he is really strong.

iSagan
11-22-2016, 02:44 AM
Who would've thought the first assumptions would be that I must be a bad player and that I can't aim

ooohhh forums... the people you attract...

I've done well with Androxus and his aiming, even despite the rapid damage fall of with range. I slowed my sensitivity just to keep those headshots rolling in. My problem isn't getting kills, which is hilarious that you immediately assumed the most basic thing possible and literally zero of my comparisons and opinions. This is why I generalise forum lurkers, because apathy is rampant in these mini-cultures called forums... You didn't address a single thing I said and your replies are only just barely relevant to the feedback.

Read the comparisons, review his statistics. Dying from flanks, even weak ones, is extremely common. This doesn't make him balanced or overpowered. The people who usually have that kind of attitude are usually still floating around the low win rate match making, or the ones who get a big head... your assumption being that everyone is like you, or like the noobs you kill, who allow you to shoot their face off without defending themselves. My point: Dying from flanks is extremely common, them having kill potential is not all it takes for them to be considered balanced. Most of their potential is based on the enemy you flank, and not entirely your aim or rotation.

The people I'm up against, nearly constant 12+ ranked people in parties, not only expect the flanks but don't react like the typical player. They will often immediately turn around and if their champions statistics are stronger they will win the exchange unless something intervenes. This is why I said I was surprised. Headshotcity doesn't mean a thing if the person you've just flanked has half a brain, just use Evie as an example. Her basic attacks without criticals or buffs do more damage than an Androxus headshot and the ranked players with experience almost always find a way to escape the flank.

Would love at least just one person to confront a comparison or point I made before this thread gets locked. Or one of the bugs I mentioned which I suspect few people will even notice after being triggered from the title

ThatOthell159
11-22-2016, 03:01 AM
Who would've thought the first assumptions would be that I must be a bad player and that I can't aim

ooohhh forums... the people you attract...

I've done well with Androxus and his aiming, even despite the rapid damage fall of with range. I slowed my sensitivity just to keep those headshots rolling in. My problem isn't getting kills, which is hilarious that you immediately assumed the most basic thing possible and literally zero of my comparisons and opinions. This is why I generalise forum lurkers, because apathy is rampant in these mini-cultures called forums... You didn't address a single thing I said and your replies are only just barely relevant to the feedback.

Read the comparisons, review his statistics. Dying from flanks, even weak ones, Which? is extremely common. This doesn't make him balanced or overpowered. You are implying that Androxus is underpowered because he was killed by his counters The people who usually have that kind of attitude are usually still floating around the low win rate match making Implying that you know how match making works, k, or the ones who get a big head... your assumption being that everyone is like you, or like the noobs you kill, who allow you to shoot their face off without defending themselves. The people I play against do react, they aren't AI

The people I'm up against, nearly constant 12+ ranked people in parties, not only expect the flanks but don't react like the typical player. Understand their playstyle and adapt to it and change yours accordingly They will often immediately turn around and if their champions statistics are stronger they will win the exchange unless something intervenes. This is why I said I was surprised. Headshotcity doesn't mean a thing if the person you've just flanked has half a brain, just use Evie as an example. Her basic attacks without criticals or buffs do more damage than an Androxus headshot Evie has low hp. and the ranked players with experience almost always find a way to escape the flank. Then you aren't killing them fast enough and you give them time to react, which is your fault

Would love at least just one person to confront a comparison or point I made before this thread gets locked. done Or one of the bugs I mentioned which I suspect few people will even notice after being triggered from the title

10charssssss

Krunched
11-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Watch Stolzey on Youtube and learn from the best. Im quite good with evie (almost got masters) but andro is just so much stronger as a flank. Buck has lots of damage dropoff so you need to kill him quick. As kinessa with cauterize, I don't have trouble with buck because you can spot him out jumping on you. Andro on the other hand can surprise you with reversal, dash over your head 3 times and confusing you and almost nuking you if you react with tele too slow.

Drogo can fly fast but Andro is god of the skies man. Hitscan op even when there is dmg falloff.
The numbers in stats don't mean much. Androxus is positionings not just headshot and aim.

SoulJoker
11-22-2016, 03:54 AM
Androxus is fine, only issue I have with him is Reversal, only works when it wants to.

Fiftagorn
11-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Wait, you want an Androxus buff, because people with some brains can counter him from time to time?
Okay, lets do that. Now I want a buff for all Androxus counters.
Repeat.

Perhaps your higher lag affects your gameplay the most.

LinkAkward
11-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Androxus is fine, only issue I have with him is Reversal, only works when it wants to.
i know right. Reversal need a look at.

Raviollius
11-22-2016, 08:04 AM
To clarify the bugs, which largely seem ping related:

I don't understand why you'd write such a wall talking about how Androxus is UP when you're aware that most of your problems are ping-related.

Aroxis
11-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Is it just me or does reversal seem to be rather clunky in androxus' kit. I feel as if it just doesnt fit for him as a flanker and there are other skills that could bring out his effectiveness.

sparkest
11-24-2016, 12:21 PM
I think it fits perfectly. He needs something defensive so he can overextend with more confidence. Nether step in, start shooting. If they see you, Reversal and move back toward a corner so you can escape.

The thing that doesn't fit is how much mid range DPS he has.

Drathahasu
11-25-2016, 04:42 AM
Yesterday I accounted many counters against Androxous where I could shoot through his reversal (by accident of course, usually I'm not feeding him).
This is a bug.

Azurion
11-25-2016, 02:03 PM
LUL , so request for a skye nerf but request for a androxus buff , LUL x9999 + LUL

ThatOthell159
11-25-2016, 02:39 PM
LUL , so request for a skye nerf but request for a androxus buff , LUL x9999 + LUL

https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/4339/3.0

Tsuraika
11-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Well andro is pretty underpowered from the perspective of a frontline main. I can solo kill him every time I encounter him, if he doesn't retreat. But taking into account the other classes he's not. :P

BossBrown
11-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Androxus is easily the strongest character in the game if you are basing this off of your play you really are playing him wrong that is the be and end all of it. Anything buggy will get fixed but I very much doubt you will see him buffed anytime soon looks like you will just have to leave him behind and stick with the characters you can play