PDA

View Full Version : Ruckus is an EASY character

DHVideos
11-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Often, I get in many games and Ruckus mostly gets top play. I find this to be a bit unfair, due to Ruckus' two shield modes. Ruckus' spread fire isn't that inaccurate, meaning that wiping out a medium/long range enemy isn't that hard to slay. Sure, Sha Lin, Skye, and Evie can be a good pick against Ruckus, but the rest of the cast have a fairly hard time and a moderate low chance against Ruckus. Hexa Fire is alright though.

tumatauenga
11-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Often, I get in many games and Ruckus mostly gets top play. I find this to be a bit unfair, due to Ruckus' two shield modes. Ruckus' spread fire isn't that inaccurate, meaning that wiping out a medium/long range enemy isn't that hard to slay. Sure, Sha Lin, Skye, and Evie can be a good pick against Ruckus, but the rest of the cast have a fairly hard time and a moderate low chance against Ruckus. Hexa Fire is alright though.

Most of the matches I play, Viktor gets top play. The thing is, he is an easy character to play well, there are better characters, but they aren't all easy to play well. That's the part that makes it difficult when sorting out balance issues with particular heroes. A smart Andro or Buck is a good way to deal with him. Whenever my friend Kingga and I encounter Ruckus, the first thing we buy is wrecker. It's important to shut him down early, before he has a chance to do major damage. Also having your flank (especially evie due to mobility) knocking him off of his horse right out of spawn, can be an ENORMOUS boon for the team. He takes so long to get back to the point and you can really put the hurt on him as he makes his way over.

CaoCao777
11-19-2016, 12:45 AM
My snake pwns Ruckus its terrible LOL poor little goblin guy

.. I SUUUUUCCCKKK playing as Ruckus

EpplZ
11-19-2016, 05:49 AM
Ruckus in a nutshell --> Hold M1, kill, get PotG

In all seriousness, good ruckus players will time their shields well and stay alive, flank instead of going frontal tank when they are alone, and rely much more on their team than a barik / makoa / fernando, thats why I love him, you have to play a tad smart if you dont want to be suppressed in instant. I still find him UP anyway, I play mucho BK at the moment and even without wrecker I melt ruckus players in seconds if no one come for me.

Raviollius
11-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Play Ruckus for 10 competitive games, then come back here and we'll talk.

LookGooD
11-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Often, I get in many games and Ruckus mostly gets top play.

There are some ruckus players in comp using aimassist. 2 days ago I saw a ruckus with 170k dmg. Maybe thats why you think he's easy to play. But I must say he's easy to kill especially with bombking :). So ruckus is hard to play mostly.

TFMonkey
11-19-2016, 09:49 AM
I main Rukus and I rarely get POTG, but I play more defensively than most or I play against better teams.

Learn to flank and Rukus is no OP. Good Rukus players know how to manage their ammo, shields, and maintain position on the point.

Some players may chase kills but a good flanker will punish them for it.

AsisKotsuro
11-19-2016, 10:19 AM
In the current meta, without a shield in front of him, or a support up his butt, he really isn't all too viable in the game, reason being, he's a huge target and has to take MASSIVE damage from the whole team, sure he can shield himself but that doesn't last very long, compared to Fernando and Barik and such. His mobility isn't that good either unfortunately so getting out of there is a bit of a tricky situation.

Then again I don't main Ruckus, this is more observation rather than a concrete argument.

new2destroyou
11-19-2016, 12:58 PM
If a Ruckus plays badly, he will get melted.

If he is picked alone by the rest of the team, it's quite easy to kill him.

RogueRifler
11-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Ruckus is pretty much the Viktor of the Front Liners. If the other team doesn't know how to deal with him he will mow champions down, if the other team knows how to deal with him his life is painful and short. Unlike Victor, Ruckus is hyper dependent on his team to make up for is shortfalls. Ruckus is vulnerable to stun abilities as they reset his dps charge up, Mal Damba, Makoa, Sha Lin can truncate his damage output. His shield is not a separate entity so he receives shield bleed damage unlike Nando, Barik, or Makoa. If Ruckus has 1k shields left and Cassie roll shoots him with Wrecker 2, not only does Ruckus's shield collapse but he will take 910 damage. The Wrecker bonus damage is applied to the shield first then the actual shot damage, so if the shield breaks the shot damage will bleed over and even apply bonus damage. He has terrible movement abilities, again Makoa, Bomb King, Drogoz can absolutely screw his positioning. He can't shield his teammates so he doesn't really Front Line. Finally his ultimate is like Skye's where if you simply stand behind a box it will do nothing.

Ravuh
11-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Playing Ruckus the easy way 99.9% of the time will lead you into being wrecker'd and sniped in 2-3 seconds in a fight, presuming we're talking about actual balance at actual skill levels and not people playing at 1.1k elo.