PDA

View Full Version : Nerf request - Evie

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 06:22 AM
most of her powers are ok and combatable,but her blink skill + Wormhole card make her ridiculously overpowered

either nerf Wormhole/replace this card or give Blink a slightly longer cooldown

All Evies i've seen on competitive so far use the overused hit and run tactic (stolen from D0nny btw)
along with this deck

http://www.paladinsdecks.com/deck/show/ylantrons-evie-hitn-run/

Drathahasu
11-18-2016, 06:27 AM
I guess you've played against Evie and not as one ( https://paladins.guru/profile/pc/Blaskowiscz/champions )

Try it out and come back and say again that it's easy.

Evie is glass-cannon with huge skill-cap. That basically means, you can suck as Evie and you can be pro with her. I've tried it, don't really like slow projectiles.

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 06:28 AM
so all evies you see in competitive use a noob deck and get away with it? and you're asking a nerf for that? i don't even bother with noob trap wormhole but i don't mind any card change

Katzenstein
11-18-2016, 06:59 AM
Evie is in a good place right now.

Keyain
11-18-2016, 07:13 AM
I don't think Evie needs a nerf at all. Her projectiles are slow and she has only 1800 HP.

new2destroyou
11-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Evie is annoying as hell because of her escapes, but once you catch her, she melts, I think she is in a good spot right now.

TheJellyfish
11-18-2016, 12:37 PM
so all evies you see in competitive use a noob deck and get away with it? and you're asking a nerf for that? i don't even bother with noob trap wormhole but i don't mind any card change

Evie is annoying as hell because of her escapes, but once you catch her, she melts, I think she is in a good spot right now.

Yup I agree with these guys. Evie is in a pretty good place.

Also! Why is that there a Evie threads popping up now?

Evie hasn't been touched buff or nerf wise in so long. So why start crying now?

LookGooD
11-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Cause he's rookie.

PTLagger
11-18-2016, 01:04 PM

Because many people now understand how to play Evie after the nerf, so the people who got rekted by skilled Evie many times are starting to cry. This problem same as Buck's problem when OB33 and now

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 01:22 PM
the only reliable counter i found to her is placing BK's stickies around her iceblock and detonating when she comes out,however most Evies only use iceblock for a milisecond so i have no time to do that.

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 01:24 PM
the only reliable counter i found to her is placing BK's stickies around her iceblock and detonating when she comes out,however most Evies only use iceblock for a milisecond so i have no time to do that.

or
1-snipe her
2-hook her
3-throw a rocket at her
4-stun her

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 01:44 PM
cant snipe her,she'll easily DESTROY Kinessa
can't hook her,she'll just iceblock then soar away/blink
ahahaha,drogoz counter to Evie,u make me laugh
gl with that,damba is too hard to stun evie with (she'll use blink,soar,and passively-bunnyhopping) and grumpy bomb i need a year worth of luck that she doesnt block it with her icecube power

talking about iceblock,BK's ultimate can be easily blocked when she does that,which is bs

Fernando can only block it using his own ult,Makoa the same,Ruckus aswell and Barik not at all

but Evie? just use her stupid 10 sec CD iceblock power and u're g2g.

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
gl with that,damba is too hard to stun evie with (she'll use blink,soar,and passively-bunnyhopping) and grumpy bomb i need a year worth of luck that she doesnt block it with her icecube power

talking about iceblock,BK's ultimate can be easily blocked when she does that,which is bs

Fernando can only block it using his own ult,Makoa the same,Ruckus aswell and Barik not at all

mal'damba and grohk press f for it

i meant you do those things after her ice block.

PRO TIP WHILE PLAYING AGAINST EVIE: DONT BE ALONE

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 01:52 PM
as for people saying she's not OP because her projectiles are really slow: with soar + blink,she'll be mostly playing CQC and her AoE deals full damage as if she'd hit u directly,so no you don't need to aim,just shoot at the floor near enemy.

for people saying she has only 1.8k health?

1 card makes her heal cc. 100 HP while in iceblock mode
another card makes her heal 300 HP after using blink

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 01:55 PM
as for people saying she's not OP because her projectiles are really slow: with soar + blink,she'll be mostly playing CQC and her AoE deals full damage as if she'd hit u directly,so no you don't need to aim,just shoot at the floor near enemy.

and cauterize makes that heal become 10hp

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:01 PM
implying she cant run with soar and blink (card that makes her soar have a longer distance+100% blink range) and then easily regen

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:03 PM
if Hi-rez would add a certain amount of health to that iceblock power it'd be christmas's eve for me.

i.e make it breakable and penetrable-by-ult like fernando and the 3 other tanks's shields

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 02:10 PM
if Hi-rez would add a certain amount of health to that iceblock power it'd be christmas's eve for me.

i.e make it breakable and penetrable-by-ult like fernando and the 3 other tanks's shields

nerf androxus first then and tweak buck then we can talk

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:24 PM
androxus? 2 bombs with BK,damba can stun and wreck cus he has only 2k hp

for buck get cauterize because he relies on Recovery

EvieIV
11-18-2016, 02:29 PM
androxus? 2 bombs with BK,damba can stun and wreck cus he has only 2k hp

for buck get cauterize because he relies on Recovery

if you don't get reversed

see you learnt to counter the 2 best flanks, now learn to play against a not-so-often picked flank too

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:42 PM
srs u gotta be stupid to not stop shooting when he uses reversal

"not-so-often-picked" SHES ALWAYS PICKED FML

TheJellyfish
11-18-2016, 02:44 PM

How does that make her OP?

If Evie is under fire from enemy champions, she won't be able to heal herself efficiently.

Evie only has 1.8k hp the lowest in the game after Androxus/Sha Lin/Kinessa.

The best tip against any flanker is DON'T BE ALONE!

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:45 PM
androxus's reversal is ez to dodge bc its a projectile (and you can just not shoot when he uses it)

Nylisa
11-18-2016, 02:45 PM
i agree to this to some extent , because how to play evie = find enemy > attack the ground under their feet while spamming jump > fail to kill > ice block > fly /teleport away > heal up > return > rinse and repeat until you annoy the hell out of everyone! might get some double kills if you are lucky!

she need rework if you ask me not nerf , her viable play style is so limited every time i see her i think to myself "ah c'mon not this again" most people don't know how to play with her . many that do are just spamming her massive damage shots on the ground where enemies are and get rapid double kills (seen same tactics for Drogoz) or just run to your face and shoot underneath their own feet!
even evading her shots in a narrow corridor and rooms still damage you! i rarely seen players who are actually skilled with her and they predict other players movements trying to avoid her shots!

i get it that she is a hit and run character but this is just boring to fight against , especially as healer and tank or low damage classes that cant finish her off before she runs!

(had this post someplace else removed and moved here)

Blaskowiscz
11-18-2016, 02:46 PM
^ guy gets it,and even if i stick to tanks she kills me anyway somehow

CaoCao777
11-19-2016, 12:03 AM
All Evies i've seen on competitive so far use the overused hit and run tactic (stolen from D0nny btw)
along with this deck

http://www.paladinsdecks.com/deck/sh...evie-hitn-run/

LOOOOOL cold acclimation is a total waste, reprieve 1 is a waste .. reprieve is a waste under level 3

tumatauenga
11-19-2016, 01:04 AM

A lot of it is about timing and more importantly, excellent team play. Don't be alone (it is a team game after all) and don't waste a good move if you know she can still ice block. Also, don't waste a BK ult on a lone evie, it's such a waste. Wait till people are grouped, or there is a strong frontliner/support combo giving you trouble or something.

Don't try to 1v1 everything, I see too many people in this game making the mistake of thinking they have to take on the world alone. Bait her into wasting her ice block and get your team to target her.
It's like when I see a Makoa hook a Ruckus, I focus the Ruckus, otherwise he will just survive and wreck shop. Work together, you are in a team.

CandySuxxx
11-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Whats this Evie thing now? Everyone playing her and all these nerf posts.

LookGooD
11-19-2016, 04:04 AM
Whats this Evie thing now? Everyone playing her and all these nerf posts.

Answer is simple, They are sooo mad and they want to do Evie that what done to skye.

^ guy gets it,and even if i stick to tanks she kills me anyway somehow

Don't talk too much without playing Evie. And if you against a skilled Evie, you can't say she is Op. You are against some Pro's, get over it. This also counts for androxus too. Both unstoppable with skilled players.

M4UROX
11-19-2016, 04:19 AM
She doesnt need a nerf ..... She is a glass canon, you need skill to play her, not just spam basic attacks and teleport.

EpplZ
11-19-2016, 04:54 AM
The only fun I have with evie is when I sticky her ass while on soar and then kill her ^^

She's not OP, she's incredibely hard to master and even in the right hands, I think a veeeeery good evie player can still do more damage with another flank caracter. I think she's a niche champion which is really cool (bored of generic champs ala viktor who are all just "so so") and I dont want her to be tweaked for now.

Heck I would even give her more damage so she can 2 shots 2K champions, because landing 3 shots is hard (and landing the third to get these last 100 or 200hp left is often the one that kills you)

Blaskowiscz
11-19-2016, 05:25 AM
no,she's OP,case closed.

i stick to my tanks,makoa and nando,they're both shooting at her but shes still fucking focusing me,then she just runs
normally,people sacrifice themselves to kill that 1 guy in a 3v1 and then die,but evie kills that champ and then she just runs with her two retarded mobility powers

Blaskowiscz
11-19-2016, 05:27 AM
and tbh,you'd be more useful giving me a really efficient counter to her,not coming here because you're a tight-minded Evie main that doesn't want her to be nerfed 'cus you only get kills w/ her due to her OP ****ing powers

EpplZ
11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
"no,she's OP,case closed."

--> best argument ever mate!

No she's not, case closed, see, plain and simple, why bother...

Makoa rekt evie in shreds if you know how to hook, and yes, its not your job to chase evie anyway as tank... And I never play evie, I usually kill many evies tho, unless they're top players.

Raviollius
11-19-2016, 08:02 AM
and tbh,you'd be more useful giving me a really efficient counter to her,not coming here because you're a tight-minded Evie main that doesn't want her to be nerfed 'cus you only get kills w/ her due to her OP ****ing powers

Actually, the most useful advice for you is to get good.

She's a 1800 HP hero, ffs. One sticky and she's below 50%. Put two in the bright glowing spot that her wormhole leaves behind, right click when she invariably blinks back, profit. Otherwise your options are to either use hitscan against her(kinessa, Ruckus, Viktor) or take advantage of her slow shot speed to kill her with a high-mobility hero(Pip, Cassie, Buck, Androxus).

LookGooD
11-19-2016, 08:11 AM
no,she's OP,case closed.

Blah,Blah go cry to your moommmy.. Baby..

EvieIV
11-19-2016, 09:22 AM

poppy bomb yourself far away from her

Blaskowiscz
11-19-2016, 09:26 AM
poppy bomb yourself far away from her

you thought i didn't try that already? 100% blink range and longer soar duration cards

Blaskowiscz
11-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Blah,Blah go cry to your moommmy.. Baby..

average 11 year old evie main attitude,not even trying to argue back

Aclon
11-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Evie is in good place for now because.
1. She is squishy champion. Having 1800 HP won't give her much time to take more damage.
2. Mobility is her opportunity to survive in the battle.
3. Decision making is a must for evie player too successfully flanking without put herself in danger.
4. She is a flanker which mean she's bad in the middle.
5. She need a good team or frontliner to win the game, otherwise she will struggle to carry her team with her squishy HP.

And why evie is not OP and what counter her.
1. She will struggle when open fire (all flanker weakness).
2. Her projectile is slow, she need to lead her shot to direct hit.
3. Bunny hopping will make her struggle to land her shot.
4. caught by suprise stun or cc will make her open fire.
5. She cannot capture a point effectively without a good middle teammate and strong frontliner.
6. Hitscan champion is a counter to her.
7. Her ulti need teammate communication to maximize it's full potential (ex: skye time bomb and viktor barrage is deadly combo combine with evie ulti). Which is rare case for casual. And not really good when 1 v 5 enemy.
8. Heal from blink is not really good compare to support champion can heal.(lvl 4 flicker+wormhole give her total 600 hp healed and iceblock heal is 600 for 3 second with maxed reprive. 1200 total but with good teammate, she will be free kill or openfire)
9. Blink have 1.5 less second animation before teleport applied, so a hitscan is deadly if timing right before teleport applied.
10. Every flanker weakness is when enemy team pay attention to them and if you can take the point and survive their flank attack they will struggle to win against 2 or more and bad at contesting the point.
11. Her mobility is not immortal which mean she can take a shot while flying or before teleport applied when blink animation start.

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 12:05 AM
There's no point telling people how good she is, the time you use to explain to them it's better off to practice Evie.

Once I learn Evie I will show them balance.

EvieIV
11-20-2016, 12:19 AM
There's no point telling people how good she is, the time you use to explain to them it's better off to practice Evie.

Once I learn Evie I will show them balance.

i still want to compare her to masked guy
930 every second (1210 on steroid) compared to 1280 that can even headshot
and evie's ice block doesn't shoot back at you for 60% of the damage you did
and evie ult doesn't teamwipe

CaoCao777
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
chase down evie always, and shes easy to kill

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 12:25 AM
i still want to compare her to masked guy
930 every second (1210 on steroid) compared to 1280 that can even headshot
and evie's ice block doesn't shoot back at you for 60% of the damage you did
and evie ult doesn't teamwipe

Masked guy = ??????????????????????????? John Cena or some shit?

I'm gonna assume you mean Androxus, look, Andro has a huge and very punishing damage falloff and if you miss few shots it's a guaranteed death. Evie has no damage falloff and has 2 SUPER MOBILE abilities as far as I can remember.

Don't shoot Androxus when he is using Reversal? And besides, that thing is bugged, sometimes it doesn't even reflect back.

Evie's ult doesn't teamwipe because her LMB is already a team wipe.

EvieIV
11-20-2016, 02:04 AM
Masked guy = ??????????????????????????? John Cena or some shit?

I'm gonna assume you mean Androxus, look, Andro has a huge and very punishing damage falloff and if you miss few shots it's a guaranteed death. Evie has no damage falloff and has 2 SUPER MOBILE abilities as far as I can remember.

Don't shoot Androxus when he is using Reversal? And besides, that thing is bugged, sometimes it doesn't even reflect back.

Evie's ult doesn't teamwipe because her LMB is already a team wipe.

up to 6 dashes

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Nevermind, I'm going to learn Evie now, sorry for my previous posts.

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Road to success.

http://imgur.com/a/ifB17

EvieIV
11-20-2016, 02:26 AM
Road to success.

http://imgur.com/a/ifB17

congrats, you've done half of the dmg androxus can pull off

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 02:34 AM
congrats, you've done half of the dmg androxus can pull off

Don't worry man, one day I will be a good Evie (maybe 20 years later lul)

EvieIV
11-20-2016, 02:55 AM
Don't worry man, one day I will be a good Evie (maybe 20 years later lul)

the idea you have of evie is far away from the reality so yeah that "good evie" state might never come real

Rivx
11-20-2016, 02:57 AM

Lots of heroes can kill an Evie if she blocks on low HP, especially if they hold it for nearly full duration. Hell, Androxus can rightclick her from full HP if she lets him walk up close.

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 03:04 AM
the idea you have of evie is far away from the reality so yeah that "good evie" state might never come real

FeelsBadMan

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pZMiNOfcHOA/maxresdefault.jpg

EvieIV
11-20-2016, 03:05 AM
FeelsBadMan

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pZMiNOfcHOA/maxresdefault.jpg

practice some androxus instead

ThatOthell159
11-20-2016, 03:07 AM
practice some androxus instead

I actually like Evie's playstyle, really fun.

Androxus is kinda like Buck in a way... If you look at http://masterpaladins.com/profile/38656568292 you will know how much Buck I have played.

bL1nk94
11-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I see OP is 2000 elo on paladins.guru. How did you get that elo if you still can't counter Evie? Roflmao. Learn her, then you will know how to counter her. Before crying about her being op, think about the fact that she received the biggest nerf a champion has ever gotten. She's far from OP (I'm looking at you Buck or at you Sha Lin with 2 shot kills from halfway across the map and 10000 seconds invisibility while shooting). If they nerf Evie again, I'm quitting Paladins. Evie, Andro and Buck are the only things keeping me from leaving the game, even with the matchmaking and amount of agressiontards I meet every game.

Azurion
11-20-2016, 10:10 PM
How to counter evie

Be a good dad and give her 30$

she will leave away to the market

isnt what 2k16 generation do ?

SuperNoobCamper
11-21-2016, 05:17 AM
i main evie with +50Hours and this is ridiculous
Evie takes time to master the basics not a straight forward shoot champ so it's fair for her to deal good amount of dmg
any good flanker esp. androxus can counter evie easily
even a skilled bombking which is my main dmg and i do this almost every game against Evie can take her down with a bit of movement prediction.
get gud :P

Rimarlk
11-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Wormhole just gives her way too much mobility considering she already has massive damage (once you learn to aim with her) and actually good survivability with Ice Block despite her low hp. She doesn't have to commit to any fight. Blink in, do 2-3k+ damage, blink out. She can auto-delete any backliner in 2 shots with very little risk. And if for some reason things go to shit for Evie, she just ice blocks and then soars away. Actually, there's a good chance the CD on Blink is already back up so she can just blink out again.

I don't mind Evie's damage. I don't mind Blink (although I feel like it is just a tad too far). I don't mind Soar or Ice Block. I do think Wormhole needs a serious toning down. Instead of 2/4/6/8 seconds for wormhole, adjust to 1/2/3/4 and if you have that card, then Blink's Cooldown is doubled or tripled.

Seeing an Evie just Blink and Soar around the map constantly is beyond obnoxious. I've had the pleasure of playing against good Skye's, Andro's, and Bucks. It sucks when they're good, but I don't feel helpless when playing a backliner like Kinessa for example. Against a good Evie, I'm completely useless. I walk into the battlefield and I'm insta-gibbed and Evie is nowhere to be found. I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out what I possibly could have done differently. It's just dumb.

Note, I did play Evie to try and learn to counter her. Once I got the hang of wormhole, I was a god. I actually don't play Evie because it was just too easy and obnoxious to dominate. She's just cheap once you get the hang of her. That isn't the case for any of the other flankers. She's the only champion in the game that I feel this way about because there's just no counter to her.

Tsuraika
11-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Evie needs a nerf, she's too good at the moment. She has insane mobility, sustain, damage and survivability. I just realized most of my friends on the forum have Evie Avatars.. Sorry guys it needs to be said. That's my brief opinion about Evie.

FreakyNorm
11-28-2016, 05:09 PM
I think she is OP'd in the sense she has too many "outs". The blink/ice block combo is pretty hard to counter for most characters with 2k'ish HP. Blink in, shoot, blink out, blink in, shoot, ice block, blink out, blink in, shoot, etc.

I am not saying it's an easy playstyle but it's pretty hard to counter.

Hellklok
11-28-2016, 05:34 PM
I think she is OP'd in the sense she has too many "outs". The blink/ice block combo is pretty hard to counter for most characters with 2k'ish HP. Blink in, shoot, blink out, blink in, shoot, ice block, blink out, blink in, shoot, etc.

I am not saying it's an easy playstyle but it's pretty hard to counter.

Well she had to have ways to survive when her missiles are this slow and her reloading time is slow as well, i actually think she is really balanced and actually can be incredibly powerful if played well. If you can't do well against her tho she is a nightmare.

peteriley
11-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Well she had to have ways to survive when her missiles are this slow and her reloading time is slow as well, i actually think she is really balanced and actually can be incredibly powerful if played well. If you can't do well against her tho she is a nightmare.

+1 to this, sure wormhole lets evie get in and out of fights quickly, but one little mistake and you're pretty much dead, that's just how intricate it is playing as evie, sure she has strong damage and mobility but her low health pool counters that, if you're crippled or stunned during the flanking process there's nothing much you can do.

SusieQ
11-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Blink - Teleport forward a short distance. Bonus Damage: Using Blink increases your damage by 30% for 4 seconds.
i don't think a short distance :mad:
evie need increase countdown & reduce damage. Please nerf her.

peteriley
11-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Blink - Teleport forward a short distance. Bonus Damage: Using Blink increases your damage by 30% for 4 seconds.
i don't think a short distance :mad:
evie need increase countdown & reduce damage. Please nerf her.

Increase her cooldown and she'll be an ineffective flanker, instead she will be a hit and run character who can't finish her job, with longer cooldowns this means that her target will mostly just regenerate back to full health by the time evie blinks back in. She has high damage for a reason which is slow projectile speed, and small health pool, evie can't stay in a fight for too long or she'll end up as the prey instead, and for that short distance you mentioned, they nerfed it once from 165% to only 100% (the distance increase card), I guess that distance is pretty fair, and longer distance pretty much leaves you being disorientated and confused before you can do anything.

Blaskowiscz
12-07-2016, 08:20 AM
GGWP,Hi-rez nerfed her. ;)