PDA

View Full Version : RIP Barik

Crookedtooth
11-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Ya will be missed me old friend.

No reason to actually play him as a tank anymore after OB38 - his shield is useless after the wrecker buff and last way too shortly, he has less HP than Buck and his anyway awkward F skill just got even more useless. Rocket boots are really only of use if you take the 900 or 1200 shield card with you but then you'd have to reduce other important cards. Decreased bonus damage and reduced heal (seriously health decrease and healing decrease????) finishes him off - time to bury our once beloved dwarf.

Now fernando is the only real tank so good luck in competitive, hopefully you are the first to pick.

EvieIV
11-16-2016, 12:25 PM
won't be missed. POTG awarded to a turret is not something i want to see in high level play

SoulJoker
11-16-2016, 12:59 PM
All I can do is laugh, this whole opening post is hilarious,

Zari2016
11-16-2016, 05:16 PM
I can't understand what are this "crybaby" topics.
As far i can see devs are not nerfing or buffing everything in 1 patch, they do this for a few champions and that's it.
Also if you look closer in OB patches (open beta) was a patch every 2-3 weeks.

The only thing i can see is only crybaby and unconstructive feedback at balancing without any kind of understanding (why, how it should work, some mathematical proofs for that thing is broken or OverPowered).

MiraKabal
11-17-2016, 05:34 AM
Damn, here I was thinking I have been improving due to doing relatively well with him. Turns out he was just OP?

EpplZ
11-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Damn, here I was thinking I have been improving due to doing relatively well with him. Turns out he was just OP?

Nope he was not, but as every "op" champions, he was hard to deal with because people still shoot at him instead of his turrets, like they dont take cauterize vs a grover etc etc thats why these champs do so well in pub and are moot (not top tier) in ranked, because it takes at least 3 neurones to play vs them and counter them instead of just pew pewing around, and has the general fps population is mostly CoD or CSGO toxic kiddies nowadays --> Barik and Grover appears OP in casual games (to Hi-Rez because they use global stats in casual to balance champions from what I've heard and saw).

Crookedtooth
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Nope he was not, but as every "op" champions, he was hard to deal with because people still shoot at him instead of his turrets, like they dont take cauterize vs a grover etc etc thats why these champs do so well in pub and are moot (not top tier) in ranked, because it takes at least 3 neurones to play vs them and counter them instead of just pew pewing around, and has the general fps population is mostly CoD or CSGO toxic kiddies nowadays --> Barik and Grover appears OP in casual games (to Hi-Rez because they use global stats in casual to balance champions from what I've heard and saw).

Yes I think that's the point. The game industry is undergoing something I call "causalisation" of gaming. And by that I mean stupid 12 year old kiddies want to get everything but don't want to put any effort in it (in MMORPG: shiny shiny epiXXX) and in FPS: kills with their "r0xX0r DpS kiLLingmachin3" - a champion who isn't so easy to kill (meaning by just no-brain-2-button-pushing) is of course a massive let down for these kiddies and for Hi-Rez collapse of potential customers. It's actually quite logical but still I hate this development.
Sure as a company you have the decision to make challenging games for adults but you lose a lot of customers. Barik actually was quite easy to deal with if you don't buy aggression and go with the game mechanics and destroy his turrets first but even that seems to be too challenging for a majority of people who play this game.

And as I watch the development even after just 3 patches (I play since Open Beta) the game undergoes a more and more "casualisation". Very sad as it had so much potential...

Crookedtooth
11-17-2016, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eXLaeZZ.png

RIP

Rawkh
11-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Unnecessary nerf and way to big for my taste, Barik could be a pain in the ass if let uncheck just like Viktor, if you let him set both turrets and start doing dmg while you focus in others, a Barik could be as destructive if not more than a dmg champ, yet if you focus on him first, and kill the turrets as fast as he deploys it, he turns into 30% of his full potential, so, for me the nerf was stupid, yes, a combo with Fernando or Makoa, where you can play Barik as off-tank and you have more space to set up his arsenal could be hard to deal with, but not impossible, you just have to pick the right champs to deal with that combo.

Now Barik will turn way to useless, less hp pool/hp regen, less bonus dmg by marks, higher Rocket boots cd and untouched shield, you just cannot play anymore with just a Barik holding the frontline, this change forces ppl even more to go for Fernando/Makoa picks in everysingle match.

FenexDragonis
11-17-2016, 04:28 PM
i hate to agree, but i do... barik was not over preforming because he was overpowered... he was overpreforming because people are stupid and dont understand bariks turrets are easy to kill and hes pathetically weak without them..

lets take a front line..supposedly the the highest survivablity role in the game .. and give him less health than a flanker which are supposedly the lowest surviablity.... they just need to nerf healing station... lower his over all damage slightly and increase his health... there ya go problem solved... not make him weaker across the board.. because all these changes are basically turning him into a more squishy version of ruckus.. where hes more damage output and less tank

TheCheesemaster
11-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Well......gg I'm never playing Barik again, he was already underpowered and now he's going to be literally unplayable.

FenexDragonis
11-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Well......gg I'm never playing Barik again, he was already underpowered and now he's going to be literally unplayable.

he was never under powered, hes just very easy to counter... keep his turrets down and hes practically helpless

Punisher9011
11-17-2016, 10:27 PM
he needed a health buff more then anything look at every other frontliner ruckus can deal just as much damage as barik. but now they want 2 frontliners that require another frontliner to be actually usefull(barik and ruckus)
barik could die instantly if the enemy team focused him for 2 seconds nerf went to the wrong champ here

ThatOthell159
11-17-2016, 10:49 PM
well......gg i'm never playing barik again, he was already underpowered and now he's going to be literally unplayable.

literally unplayable

Punisher9011
11-17-2016, 11:10 PM
yea he will be completely useless

OdettexFury
11-17-2016, 11:47 PM
If I'm reading the situation correctly, this wouldn't be a good time to try to earn the Steam skin for Barik---right?

Lavtekk
11-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Say goodbye to my fav champ, guess i'll have to start playing Viktor or some dumb 12 yro kid champion.
Seriously, nerfing Barik? I mean... SERIOUSLY.... BARIK.... C'MON HI-REZ.

I'm gonna miss to hear his "Hell, that was easy".

Punisher9011
11-18-2016, 03:21 AM
completly dumb nerf

Mundal
11-19-2016, 09:56 AM
i won't miss him, even though he is my 4th most played champ i knew from the very beginning he was OP, since when the game was released in OB and everyone was complaining on the forums about how weak he is, i knew his cards were darn powerful.

ButtonSmasher
11-19-2016, 10:29 AM
It's just useless what Hi-rez did with Barik, I main barik... And well, i was actaully having fun. I lost games, I won Games it was even... Now we can't even play him anymore... I tried Fernando and THAT's HOW A FRONTLINER NEEDS TO BE

Not that 2900 health, Shitty cooldown and ''Need help from the support'' kind of thing. He was FINE until Hi-Rez went nuts with it... Are you serious? You could've look to Sha Lin or Viktor! This is the worst choice ever made by Hi-Rez really dissapointing.. Hmph now i need to pick another Tank.. :/