PDA

View Full Version : Wrecker needs alil of a nerf IMO

LinkAkward
11-15-2016, 12:10 PM
aight. i main tank in this game. all of em exept Ruckus.
and i think wrecker is abit OP atm.

Spec when Bomb king is on the enemie team with wrecker.
he takes down fernandos shield in 3 to 4 hits solo.

tanks should not have this kind of problem tbh.
its alrdy a problem to keep the team safe, yourself alive ( without healer ) and the payload point.
having to deal with an OP wrecker is just overdoing it IMO.

( some of you guys will say.. huu we have been doing this for a long time with this current wrecker and its fine as it is. ) well thats your opinion and im not gonna go against you.
iv been playing with the same wrecker for a long time to. but i stil find it annoying.

not only me but alot more people find this annoying and thats why *MANY* player dont play tanks. iv heard alot of people say in competitive matches now.
why do we need a tank. they die to fast anyway.
OMG you picked ( name any tank ) you noob. they only use wrecker and ur dead.

so. im not saying that they should remove wrecker from the game. not at all. but maybe lower the dmg on it.

just a suggestion.

// LinkAkward

EvieIV
11-15-2016, 12:16 PM
meta used to be 2 tanks minimum or lose

more variety is better

MasterTeisel
11-15-2016, 01:21 PM
I don't think it will stay in its current state for much longer. My theory is that they buffed it to spread the word that it's broken, and this way stop people from buying "Aggression". I didn't turn that way, so they better add some kind of item tutorial next time.

Keyain
11-15-2016, 04:23 PM
I think wrecker should be nerfed too, before the OB37 it was at 50%, now it adds 75% damage to shields. I think the best would be something like 60-65%.

Liarless
11-15-2016, 04:28 PM
So, you want to be op with tanks.
No thanks.

ForcaNL
11-15-2016, 04:48 PM
So, you want to be op with tanks.
No thanks.

Exactly this, it's not as if Fernando isn't pretty much immortal already without counter measures.

Mjolnir1337
11-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Exactly this, it's not as if Fernando isn't pretty much immortal already without counter measures.

The ISSUE isnt Wrecker guys, the issue is how they made some of the burn cards.

Right now, you have an OP Fernando countered by an OP Wrecker. Why does it have to be so extreme? Why cant they nerf Fernando a little, so at his BASE he is weaker but then also nerf Wrecker so that when Wrecker is maxed, he is a little more tanky.

I agree that Wrecker is just silly. I also agree that without ANY wrecker, Fernando/Ruckus/Barik are WAY too tanky.

So why isnt there a middle ground?

There are some very easy fixes to these tanks to make them not AS tanky upfront, but then make Wrecker drop back down in value too. Even at 50/100/150% it will just MELT a shield.

Also, dont forget overkill damage spills onto your HP... Get a Drogoz with Wrecker III to hit a Fernando shield with <1k on it, and all that extra damage hits his HP.

What they need to do is Nerf Wrecker down to like 50/75/100%.
Nerf Cauterize down to 25/50/75% for 3 seconds.
Buff Rejuvination so that it increases the effectiveness of YOUR heals by 10/20/30%. (meaning a net -45% reduction to heals with cauterize aka roughly half).

THEN you need to nerf Fernando's shield to 6k, increase CD to 10 seconds (as a base) and REMOVE the 15 sec CD if it(shield) gets destroyed. Add a card like Mokoa where X damage reduces CD on shield. Remove 40% CD reduction on fireball card and maybe give it back (via the card) more of its bonus damage.

And you have a balanced Fernando. Tanks should be more of a meat shield that provide ally bonuses.

TheCheesemaster
11-15-2016, 06:54 PM
well....maybe....now that Drogoz's Salvo does 200% against shields...combine that with tier 3 wrecker....350% damage to shields........gg tanks.

EvieIV
11-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Also, dont forget overkill damage spills onto your HP... Get a Drogoz with Wrecker III to hit a Fernando shield with <1k on it, and all that extra damage hits his HP.

that only really happens against ruckus

also drogoz salvo does pretty bad damage for what it requires

MonsterElite1
11-15-2016, 07:02 PM

This is a team based shooter with specific roles and the thing that makes it amazing is that those roles feel specific to certain characters. For example if I'm playing Fernando and i go sit on the point, because I am the Tank I should be able to sit there un-opposed if the other team cannot counter the fact that I'm a tank. If the other team picks a ridiculous comp and sees that I am Fernando and doesn't build wrecker and just defaults to the noob trap of aggression than I think that they should have it harder. So far I haven't seen anything that doesn't have a hard counter except for people not using the "counter".

Mjolnir1337
11-15-2016, 07:33 PM
that only really happens against ruckus

also drogoz salvo does pretty bad damage for what it requires

But you dont even need salvo... just use LMB and it lights up his shield for a TON of damage... Before the buff I was doing ~2,350 per LMB with Drogoz. Bomb King could deal 2,250 ish with his LMB.

NOW what is it? Probably closer to 2800 per LMB with the Wrecker buff?

You dont need Salvo... Just LMB that shield and tons of overkill damage pops his HP and (as you schooled me on) gives Fernando a 15 sec CD on his shield... Game Over.

AngryBes
11-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Wrecker is retardedly op now.