PDA

View Full Version : Unbalance ranked system

k4b00m
11-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Hello guys

i was 4400 rating at bk and want to be him +4500 anyways i played 10 games and got 3 lose 7 wins when i looked my rating its 4054 is it fair ? Anyone know this is it bug or this system is bad?

dave111
11-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Short answer - system is bad.

Long answer - the ratings on champs isn't well clarified and ppl say they got like 100-200 point drops from a loose and just 20 for win, which is kinda sht tbh.

EvieIV
11-15-2016, 09:51 AM
if you're at 4400 system takes it as if you're too good to even be placed against the people you got placed against, meaning that yeah you lose a lot and win few that's what makes the master rank be hard to achieve, that's what makes the game challenging, the higher you are, the less mistakes you're allowed to do

R3DBelmont
11-15-2016, 11:23 AM
if you're at 4400 system takes it as if you're too good to even be placed against the people you got placed against, meaning that yeah you lose a lot and win few that's what makes the master rank be hard to achieve, that's what makes the game challenging, the higher you are, the less mistakes you're allowed to do

See, this isn't entirely fair, because not only is the ranking based solely on wins and losses, your own performance is pretty much meaningless to the amount you get or lose, this is especially frustrating because Paladins requires teamwork to win because no one champion (unless you cheat) is capable of carrying 4 players just running around with their heads cut off, and heck, even IF you have 3 competent players, the whole thing is broken by either one BAD pick or someone who for God knows WHY decided to troll that game by playing his role poorly (I.E. Staying off point and sniping with ruckus...).

More often than not you're going to lose games due to this, so you just pray and hope for the best when playing Competitive... I remember in one comp match I had 167k Damage as Drogoz, 167K~!!! To top it off, they had a Skye so it should've been an easy win, WE LOST~!!! I was clearing the point hardcore and yet WE STILL LOST, why? because our victor and makoa were IDIOTS not playing their roles properly, and we just had almost no presence on the objective. It was the most embarrassing loss I've ever had in Competitive and it wasn't my fault at all, yet I get punished for it why? Cause we lost... GG...

LinkAkward
11-15-2016, 12:17 PM
they should change the reward for how well you play your role. not if you win or lose the match.
cuz you dont suck just cuz you lose.
you are not THE BEST if you win.

you can ride on others to win. and thats not making you any better and you should not get any points for that IMO.
and if you lose but you did what you where suppose to do! THEN you SHOULD get rewarded for that EVEN when you lose.

LookGooD
11-15-2016, 08:42 PM
The system is simple, When you play bad and lost the game, you lose 20-50 points. But when you play good and lost the game, you lose 120-200 points. And when you play good and win you earn 50-100 points max. Simply makes noooo sense...

sinosleep
11-15-2016, 09:04 PM
Ranking should at least take individual play into account. If they want to weight it more towards wins, fine. I'd take 70/30 in favor of wins but it shouldn't be entirely on win:loss when match making is russian roulette.

Although honestly, I care less and less every day. If I lose my rating I lose my rating. Oh well.