PDA

View Full Version : Grohk Balancing Ideas

Vampragon43
11-14-2016, 03:02 PM
So, Grohk is a quite weak support at the moment.
Although his damage is great compared to other supports, his healing is very subpar compared to even Pip, which is mostly due to how easily destroyed his Healing Totem is.

So, here are my ideas on how to change Grohk.

Statistics
Health: Health changed to 2850 (formerly 2700).

Movement Speed: Movement speed changed to 375 (formerly 365).

Skills
Lightning Staff(PRIMARY FIRE):
Damage per tick changed to 60 (formerly 85).
Upon overheating, the reload time is 1.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds.
CONDUIT: Deals 15% more damage to enemies slowed by Shock Pulse.

Shock Pulse(ALT FIRE):
Base impact damage changed to 150 (formerly 125).
Base bounce damage changed to 50 (formerly 75).
Maximum bounce count changed to 6 (formerly 5).
WARMING UP: Each subsequent bounce does 20% more damage than the last.

Healing Totem(MAIN ABILITY):
Healing per second changed to 350 (formerly 340).
Healing Totem health changed to 1000 (formerly 700).
Healing Totem duration changed to 5 seconds (formerly 6 seconds).
Cooldown changed to 12 seconds (formerly 15 seconds).
THESE COULD FLY BEFORE: Healing totems are now planted on the ground they are placed on (similar to Barik's turrets). This means that when placed on the payload, they now move with it unlike before where they would stay in place and start floating.

Ghost Walk(MOVEMENT ABILITY):
Ghost Walk movement speed bonus changed to 25% (formerly 20%).
Ghost Walk duration changed to 2 seconds (formerly 1.5 seconds).
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?: Ghost Walk makes Grohk stealthed for 2 seconds after it ends. This invisibility is broken by firing your weapon or activating Shock Pulse, but is not broken by activating Healing Totem.

Tempest(ULTIMATE ABILITY):
Lightning strike damage changed to 400 (formerly 200).
Tempest gives Grohk a 1000 health shield for the duration of the ability.
HOW DID THIS WORK?: Lightning strikes from Tempest will no longer heal allies.
RIDE THE LIGHTNING: Tempest creates an aura around Grohk that gives 75% bonus movement speed to allies within 5 meters.

Cards
Crackle(NERF!):
Healing Totem duration increased by 0.5/1/1.5/2 (formerly 1/2/3/4) seconds.

Gale (NERF!):
Activating Ghost Walk lowers the cooldown of Healing Totem by 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 (formerly 1/2/3/4) seconds.

Healing Rain (BUFF!):
Allies near your Healing Totem are healed by 1.25/2.5/3.75/5% (formerly 1/2/3/4%) of their maximum health per second.

Monolith Totem (BUFF!): Healing Totem health increased by 125/250/375/500 (formerly 100/200/300/400).

Phantom (NERF!):
Ghost Walk duration increased by 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 (formerly 0.5/1/1.5/2) seconds.

Haunting (REWORK!):
Ghost Walk stealth duration increased by 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds (formerly reduces Ghost Walk cooldown by 1/2/3/4 seconds).

(ANY CARDS NOT LISTED HERE ARE UNCHANGED FROM THEIR CURRENT VALUES)

Thanks for reading all of this!
Give me feedback on what you think of these ideas, or what should be changed about them!

EvieIV
11-14-2016, 07:09 PM
this is not how you'd like a grohk to be

Banfilidh
11-14-2016, 07:24 PM
this is not how you'd like a grohk to be

Agreed. Several things I'm not a fan of (and I'm a noob, but here are my thoughts anyway).

Reducing his damage makes no sense to me. I think the intent is for him to be a bit more on the offensive side.

On his alt-fire. For me, its primary purpose is CC, not damage. It doesn't need more damage.

For me, Ghost Walk needs a rework. It's clunky and not fun to use. I'd much rather have something more like Mal'Damba that's faster and more responsive.

Nylisa
11-14-2016, 08:00 PM
i thought Grohk was pretty weak in support until i saw his cards and built a deck of my own , that guy healing totem is powerful all you gotta do is learn how and where to use it!
his ghost walk could use some work though. its not as effective and evasive as it should be most of the time i end up dead after using it either way , up to a point that mostly i just use it to reduce my totem cool down xD

Vampragon43
11-14-2016, 08:19 PM
I actually increased his damage, not reduced it. It is just more based on bonus damage, that's all. His ultimate does twice the damage that it does now, and his primary fire does more damage to enemies that are slowed by Shock Pulse.
Shock Pulse does more damage every time it bounces to an enemy.

TheJellyfish
11-15-2016, 12:13 AM
They need to undo the nerf they did to Grohks ultimate.
Currently it makes him move so slow to the point where he's just a sitting duck making him easier to focus and kill.

Only buff Grokh the Sex King could use is a totem health increase.

ReaIPandemonium
11-16-2016, 05:28 AM
I think your feedback could be more effective if it focused on individual issues instead of sweeping changes.

It would also be more pleasant to read if it wasn't trying to hard to look like cheeky, annoying League of Legends patch notes.