PDA

View Full Version : Awfully alot of item ideas!

Tynnyrimpi
11-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Some items in this game have too much of overpowering status. Frontliners and healers have no love for their kits, and all items are for flankers or damage dealers.

Here is couple ideas for new items:

In defense have "Wall" which works like haven but instead reduction of damage to health it's for shield by 30%, 60% and 90% For 300, 600 and 900 credits. This card also buffs given shield, buffing Ruckus! This will help out frontline if whole enemy team bought wrecker, as they are usually useless in current meta in later game. (I think Fernando shield health should be lowered if this gets any air)

In Healing have "Medic" card that is only usable with characters with healing abilities, it will higher the heals for teammates by 5%, 10%, 20% and costs 300, 600 and 900 credits.

Rework Rejuvenate to gain increased healing from all sources. This means self heal and healing cards will heal more.

Rework Veteran to decrease the time it takes for you to start healing by 1 sec per upgrade. It seems useless to upgrade Veteran as Veteran 1 is good enough, it heals quickly and upgreading that rate wont change really anything.

Also consider "Gold Digger" as a new card for Utility, which will higher the amount of credits you gain from doing the main task of your class. (frontline-standing near objective, support-heal and so on...) This number could be around of 5%, 10% and 15% for 400, 800 and 1200 credits. If it seems too OP, raise the cost to 450, 900 and 1350 credits so you cant buy it on spawn.

In Damage have "Sharpshoot" Which will gain damage bonus for Bonus Damage such as headshots and combo damage from certain abilities by 10%, 20% and 30% for 300, 600 and 900 credits. This wont work with every ability which has something labelled as "bonus damage", like Mal'Damba's Snake Toss.

Opinions?

BeowulfValidus
11-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I do like the idea of having cards work for Front Line shields and Support healing abilities. The problem is, such items would be useless for other champions, and items are supposed to be for anyone; unique abilities are modified by loadout cards, and most shield champions CAN upgrade shields through their cards, whereas all items are supposed to be theoretically usable for everyone, even if the meta suggests against certain items. So great idea for sure, but probably wouldn't work well with the current item system.

The Rejuvenate upgrade is an interesting idea, and something to really thing about. I don't have the ability to at the moment, but something to think about is any champion that might be able to combo this with healing cards to the point of being a little OP. I at least think it should increase healing from your own abilities if it doesn't already.

The Veteran upgrade is interesting as well. Since it's already a card used quite often, why not introduce a new card (e.g. Restoration or Renewal maybe) that gives that effect. Of course, a question would soon be posed as to which is better, and one might end up being obsolete, but since Veteran heals by percent (I think), it might be better for high health, while the new one might work better low health.

Gold Digger strengthens issues people are already having with the current "extra credits" system: some front lines do best not on the objective, some supports aren't as heal-y as others, and currently we have no idea what flank kills are, let alone how easy they are to secure. It also probably isn't a good idea to have an item that gives you more credits to buy more items, but that could be wrong.

Sharpshooter (which is already Kinessa's ult name, but that's irrelevant) again raises the need to look at every champion's bonus damage and how this card might turn them OP. However, if it would balance well, I think it'd make a great card.

Tynnyrimpi
11-13-2016, 07:44 AM
I do like the idea of having cards work for Front Line shields and Support healing abilities. The problem is, such items would be useless for other champions, and items are supposed to be for anyone; unique abilities are modified by loadout cards, and most shield champions CAN upgrade shields through their cards, whereas all items are supposed to be theoretically usable for everyone, even if the meta suggests against certain items. So great idea for sure, but probably wouldn't work well with the current item system.

I meant it can only be used by frontline and healing characters, But hey, Grover and Sha Lin can buy Deft Hands...