PDA

View Full Version : Better Casual Matchmaking

A3G1S
11-11-2016, 11:41 AM
More often times than not, I get matched against 1-2 ranked players, people with voice comms (using third-party voice communication software such as Discord, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.), or they stack Champion archetypes (current meta is to stack Flanks to troll the heck out of the enemy team).

What I'm asking for is to add voice communication to the game (so that way we don't waste time typing in chat, in addition to making things more balanced for people not using voice comms), make people with a Competitive ranking queuing for Casual only match up against ranked players (To access Competitive, you need Mastery 5 in 12 different Champions. This means a person has amassed a considerable amount of skill with various Champions, making it unfair for newcomers or those who cannot access Competitive.), and add a Champion archetype limit of 2. This limit likely will encourage better Champion selection and prevent archetype stacking to some degree.

The current state of the game makes it so matchmaking ultimately determines a win or loss, which shouldn't be the case. It should be players' skill and cooperation, especially in such a team-based game as Paladins.

Raviollius
11-11-2016, 12:27 PM
make people with a Competitive ranking queuing for Casual only match up against ranked players
This defeats the purpose of having a Casual queue.

and add a Champion archetype limit of 2. This limit likely will encourage better Champion selection and prevent archetype stacking to some degree.
I'm also strongly against limiting champion selection in such a way. What you call "archetype stacking" is actually a weak as fuck strat, but I can see how it works since people lose their minds if they run to the point and there's no one there to contest it.

The current state of the game makes it so matchmaking ultimately determines a win or loss, which shouldn't be the case. It should be players' skill and cooperation, especially in such a team-based game as Paladins.
If you found someone better than you, or a team with more cooperation, and lost because of that... it was the player's skill and/or cooperation that won the game lol.

By the way you can reach first sword rank with one match in competitive apparently.

EvieIV
11-11-2016, 06:15 PM
By the way you can reach first sword rank with one match in competitive apparently.

platinum rank is not always obtained upon winning your first match. that depends on your player rating and the match itself, but is not too far from it. And still incompetent players won't win that one match to get the plat border so it somewhat does tell something

A3G1S
11-12-2016, 10:56 AM
I see where you're coming from but if people party up and are on a Discord server talking to each other, making callouts and such, and the other team is a bunch of uncoordinated randoms without voice communication, it makes things really unfair because of how coordinated they are. This game NEEDS a built-in voice communication system. The little messages in chat help but a message via voice communication is much more powerful because it actually has impact to it.

I am unaware how the Competitive ranking system works as I have never played it, so I have no idea about anything that goes on in there or how things work. I only have 10 Champions at Mastery 5 and above and the ones I still need at Mastery 5, I never play because I'm garbage with them.

I understand how the type limit can be a bit redundant but things can get really cancerous when Fernando spams shields and Ruckus shreds everything behind him, not taking any damage. If someone tries to flank them, they're just gonna get picked by the Support who is just farming healing points at that point, not even getting eliminations, and even then the healing he does give likely won't make a difference as everything just dies.

Matchmaking is a bit broken in the sense that you don't know if someone has partied up with 1 or more people. I consistently play with a friend who referred me and we always get crushed because people are just better and more coordinated, and here we are matched up with 3 dodoheads who can't deal with any opposition because they're absolute trash at their champion. I know I sound whiney and being salty because I'm bad but it gets a bit excessive when you go 3 matches in a row against a full party of ranked people and barely any team to back you up.