PDA

View Full Version : Card Rework Ideas - Reworking Shared Cards

KindraDawn
11-10-2016, 11:25 PM
It's safe to say that Paladins has very uninspired card effects, which are basically copying other Champion's cards or even the in game items. This is a problem that I'd love to be solved, especially with the new champion, Sha Lin.

After playing Sha Lin for the first time, I am disappointed to see that all of his armor/weapon cards are shared cards/items (Wanderlust and Poise are ITEMS in game.). (Gain x health/Gain x movement speed/Eliminations reduces cooldown by x%/x% Crowd Control Reduction.). Those cards are really uninspired, and needs an overhaul to be more alluring in the eyes of players. Perhaps more appetizing effects rather than these generic "Out of game Items":

Sha Lin's new Armor/Weapon Cards:

Wanderlust [Rework]: Move 5/10/15/20% faster when drawing your bow.

True Huntsman: Gain 2.5/5/7.5/10% more damage when shooting targets beyond 150ft.

Windsong: Eliminations grants 4/8/12/16% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

Lustarrows: Heal for 75 health when shooting targets beyond 150ft. (10/8/6/4s Cooldown)

As a fanatic for unique card effects, I'm not leaving other Champions out of the rework fest. Some more uninspired cards that I'm getting rid of and replacing/reworking/otherwise buffing!

Some other Cards that I'm redoing:

Viktor: Flak Jacket reworked to: "Reduces damage greater than 400/300/200/100 by 30%"

Skye: Preparation buffed to: "On eliminations, reduce cooldowns by 12.5/25/37.5/50%. Kills are double effect. [ie: 25/50/75/100]" (Old Skye resets back in Closed Beta, but this time, Skye must get the last hit)

Skye: Victory Rush reworked to: "On kill, gain 8/16/24/32% attack speed for 10 seconds"

Grover: Force of Nature replaced with "Spring's Winds": "On elimination, heal yourself and nearby allies for 300/600/900/1200 over 6 seconds".

Grover: Barkskin reworked to: "Enemies attacking you have a 15/20/25/30% chance of being stunned for 1s. (5s Cooldown)"

Fernando: Evolve buffed to: "Gain 7.5/15/22.5/30% max Health" (Like the old Evolve of closed beta)

Ying: Ephemeral replaced with "Synergy": "Each ally healed by an Illusion in the past 4s increases your weapon damage by 4/8/12/16%"

Ying: Tangible reworked to: "Taking an instance of damage greater than 500 creates a 400/800/1200/1600 HP shield around you. (15s Cooldown)"

Ruckus: Slow Dampener replaced with "Alternate Servos": "After being stunned, you are immune to further Crowd Control for 1.25/2.5/3.75/5 seconds (10s Cooldown)"

Pip: Acrobat's Trick buffed to: "Gain 7.5/15/22.5/30% reload and movement speed" (Rolling movement speed and reload speed into one card, not inspired, but clears up clutter.)

By no means, does this completely solve the problems of out of game items and shared cards. However, I hope this helps spice up the card variety in Paladins. I'm not a fan of generic cards, I'm a fan of cards shaping how a Champion is played. Time to break the card meta.

Kujan
11-11-2016, 01:04 AM
I like some of these, particularly Ruckus' Slow Dampener and with some value adjustment, Ying's Tangible.

Side Note: Sha Lin's entire kit feels uninspired. However, it will allow future champions to feel like they have more of a "pop" factor.