PDA

View Full Version : The roster

lllSquishylll
11-10-2016, 11:39 AM
There are a few characters in this game that i feel like are to easy to pick up and do a lot of what there supposed to do, easily. and are usually always picked. Most of the time there is usually a viktor, cassie, and skye and i have yet to be in a game were there isn't one on each team. I don't know if it is because there is a low amount of champions, but i think it is because they are very casual classes and i think they should be at least some sort of abilities that take timing and skill for these champions and maybe something to get rewarded for using higher skilled champs.

i don't know if its just me getting salty about seeing viktors get top plays and dominating the field but i feel like there should be some sort of nerf to those easy pick champs

Izekio
11-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Victor is a very weak champion. He is just very easy to pick up and learn how to use. Cassie is the most OP class however she is getting another buff soon because low elo players can not hit her tree size arrows.

For Victor make sure you are moving when you hear his ultimate. It locks onto the center of you and it haves damage fall off. All champions can easily walk out of it range if they are walking when he locks on to you. Also if you are flank make sure you are on top of him and keep the gap close. Victor excels at medium range combat.

For Cassie try to dodge her first arrow after she rolls. It gives her a lot of bonus damage and she more than likely will heal 300 from it with the right card. After that she is the same with Victor, Excels at medium range. Close the gap if you can or if you are a long range character increase the gap size for both of them. Cassie does not have damage fall off however she does have travel time.

NotThomas
11-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Cassie is the most OP class however she is getting another buff soon

Is this for real?
Good thing I uninstalled already after 37 patch notes came out. Had lots of fun playing the first week or two, stopped playing after that because of blatantly OP chars and frustrating design.

GhostlyShadow07
11-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Cassie requires a bit more skill than Viktor and Skye, you have to be accurate with her in order to get the most benefit of using her roll ability. If you roll and miss that shot then you won't be doing as much damage, meanwhile Viktor and Skye practically require zero skill to use.

lllSquishylll
11-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Of course a cassie main would say that(judging by your forum avatar), her arrows are so easy to land and do massive damage.

Izekio
11-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Cassie requires a bit more skill than Viktor and Skye, you have to be accurate with her in order to get the most benefit of using her roll ability. If you roll and miss that shot then you won't be doing as much damage, meanwhile Viktor and Skye practically require zero skill to use.

http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/GhostlyShadow07/champions

I see why you say Cassie is difficult now. If your game is off your aim will be off it happens to pros all the time they just need to get back into the rhythm. While I do not see how you think Skye is that easy. You lost almost every match with her. In the low levels yeah she is a pub stomp because no one knows how to counter her but once you reach level 30 she is dead useless and all of her pros become cons.

lllSquishylll
11-10-2016, 02:54 PM
she can go invisible/stealth with two different abilities and it makes it very easy to get behind enemies and up close and she is very good at escaping and a lot of people shrug her off once she goes invisible. unlike me however once i see a sky il track her down. i feel like her ult is also very powerful and she is able to do it invisibility. but i guess most flanks are like that, i mean evie. Dont even get me started. first time a picked her up i had like 30 sumthin kills and only 3-4 deaths

Xavier1942
11-10-2016, 03:16 PM
i can see where your coming from, and i understand completely (having just recently having to sit through a game where a balanced team of fernando, makoa, pip, shalin, and a bombking could hardly stand against a pure DPS team of cassie, viktor, shalin, skye, androxus) asmost of the damage champs are profoundly, borderline mindlessly simple to use:

Viktor: hes used in a very point and shoot fashion, and the fact he has massive damage output overall doesnt help. and infinite run sprint, like seriously its idiotic if your crazy enough to combine it with nimble(if they do actually stack, someone please help me confirm this.)

Cassie: compared to other champs her damage is not "huge" persay, but the fact she doesnt have any falloff is an of an issue(and the fact her arrows hitboxes are the size of washing machines doesnt help that fact) its mainly her ability to spam dodge roll, if they have incitement you basically wont be able to 1v1 a cassie at all because they can dodge roll, arrow you, then dodge roll again almost immediately, blast shot and disengage make it even more aggravating. even though she is highly, HIGHLY squishy, she does move very fast. and if you have aiming troubles like shaky/jittery hands(which is a large flaw of mine and its why i cant play someone like androxus and ironically cassie because of how twitchy i get) shes a PAIN. im on the fence about her being OP sometimes...but shes definitely infuriating.

Skye: idk why the heck people still hate skye...i mean i despise her but shes far from "simple" to pick up. its obvious with flankers you need to choose your targets carefully, but with skye (and evie i guess) you REALLY need to choose your targets well. i find skye mainly is better at hunting down weakened, fleeing squishies(mainly hustling viktors and dodge rolling cassie's ironically enough) than straight up 1v1ing them, but her ult is still a little on the ridiculous side, despite its damage falloff nerf. she can place it directly on a slow mover or a frontliner, and since most champs are really slow they are kinda screwed if their movement skill(if they have one) is on cooldown.

i dont even know why i went full rant mode. but i did.

my 2 cents: yes cassie and viktor ARE easy to pick up, and with the new patch you can only expect it to get worse, as hi-rez is basically encouraging people to go pure damage teams at this point. shields will melt...no wait actually they explode the moment their put up because of wrecker. your just gonna need either A. a break until hi-rez fixes the balance issues of the game, or B. playing a frickton of games until you can atleast somewhat adapt to the enemy champs' playstyles(automatically assuming you havent, but if you are adapted to how enemy viktors/cassie/skyes play, ignore this and take it with a grain of salt, i think thats how the saying goes anyway)

lllSquishylll
11-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Not gunna lie the more i play the more i think evie is op.