PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Buff Pip

Tukimice
11-08-2016, 05:35 PM
So i decided to play Paladins some days ago and since the very beggining i was only able to play with Pip (since no one seems to pick a support in casual and i decide to be the support to avoid full damage+flank teams)

But as i played more and more i found a big flaw with Pip. He is so weak compared to other support champions.
That tree guy (sorry i still don't know the name of them all) is so op compared to pip, he shoots really fast in a straigh line, takes half of everyone hp, recovers others HP while pip you need to aim and hope that it lands on an enemy and the cooldown is way lower. When a enemy focus on me i have 2 options, fight back or run.

If i fight back i run out of bombs really fast and they get me while i reload with 2 hits.
If i run away they always catch me even if i spam f and heal myself

My sugestion would be either improve his escape technique or just increase his amount of ammo or health to improve his chances of fighting back.

Thank you for your time and if you think Pip shouldn't be buffed tell me why in the comments :T maybe i'm doing something wrong

R3DBelmont
11-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Pip is currently the Mario of Paladins, meaning that he is well rounded enough that in the right hands he is one of the scariest damage dealers for a support class that you could play... Unfortunately his kit pretty much leans more towards him being a flanker than a pure support, even if you take the card that lowers his cooldown enough for him to have a 2k Burst heal every 6 seconds...

From my experience, Pip is the only character capable of beating Buck in a 1v1 scenario due to having a higher heal, smaller hitbox and much higher mobility, not to mention that unlike buck his damage drop off is significantly smaller, so much so that a direct hit with his grenade launcher even from far away can kill a low HP player trying to run away, his ult is also an amazing game changer...

Tukimice
11-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Pip is currently the Mario of Paladins, meaning that he is well rounded enough that in the right hands he is one of the scariest damage dealers for a support class that you could play... Unfortunately his kit pretty much leans more towards him being a flanker than a pure support, even if you take the card that lowers his cooldown enough for him to have a 2k Burst heal every 6 seconds...

From my experience, Pip is the only character capable of beating Buck in a 1v1 scenario due to having a higher heal, smaller hitbox and much higher mobility, not to mention that unlike buck his damage drop off is significantly smaller, so much so that a direct hit with his grenade launcher even from far away can kill a low HP player trying to run away, his ult is also an amazing game changer...

Yhea but since he is a support i try to use him more as a support (specially 'cause people start telling me we are loosing because of me if i'm not supporting them enought even if i just left to kill a guy)

My problem is with flankers. They get me in 2 hits. Buck and that purple lady are insanely op against pip and i get killed sooo fast. Also i'm never able to kill someone with low hp. If they are almost diying only the fireball can deal the last hit for some reason.

Also his ult is really bad, i'm always loosing it because a party member jumped in front of me when i shooted the chicken bomb and it exploded on him making me not hit the right players.

I'm only able to play in a good way with pip if i'm talking to my team and we have communication (and it is really hard since i can't seem to find anyone that speaks english in this game :t At least in the european server)

Tsuraika
11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
They're doing this I believe.

R3DBelmont
11-08-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry to say that your issues are L2P, as I just finished hard carrying a team of randoms and a few of my friends with just pip, with minimal healing and a full cateurize, I ended up out DPSing our BK, our Buck (who picked aggression *facepalm*...) and their cassie by getting 105k damage, I HAVE NEVER ever gotten that much damage as pip in any game... closest thing I ever got was 80k. Pip is fine as is, if anything he either needs to be reclassed as a flanker OR given higher burst heals to compete with the current healer meta, but other then that he's a-ok...

ThatOthell159
11-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Check the patch notes, his heal is getting an increase.

RitchBascist
11-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Also i'm never able to kill someone with low hp. If they are almost diying only the fireball can deal the last hit for some reason.

Fireball? Do you mean his explosive flask?

So you last hit better with a 150 damage skill than with your normal attack?

Uh... Ok...? You sure that's the real reason?

Also his ult is really bad, i'm always loosing it because a party member jumped in front of me when i shooted the chicken bomb and it exploded on him making me not hit the right players.

Calling BS right here.

Pip's ult has no friendly ally collision. Try it out for yourself at the shooting range.

I'm guessing you just need to work on your aim for both scenarios.

SoulJoker
11-09-2016, 05:51 AM
Pip is already BS, what more do you want? You want him to call his cousin Teemo?

Tukimice
11-09-2016, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry to say that your issues are L2P, as I just finished hard carrying a team of randoms and a few of my friends with just pip, with minimal healing and a full cateurize, I ended up out DPSing our BK, our Buck (who picked aggression *facepalm*...) and their cassie by getting 105k damage, I HAVE NEVER ever gotten that much damage as pip in any game... closest thing I ever got was 80k. Pip is fine as is, if anything he either needs to be reclassed as a flanker OR given higher burst heals to compete with the current healer meta, but other then that he's a-ok...

I can defeat a Buck too but its hard for me to survive when i find a Skye or someone like that who shoots really fast and can run behind me since its impossible for me to escape. I just mean to buff him so he can be at least as good as the other characters :T

Fireball? Do you mean his explosive flask?

So you last hit better with a 150 damage skill than with your normal attack?

Uh... Ok...? You sure that's the real reason?

Calling BS right here.

Pip's ult has no friendly ally collision. Try it out for yourself at the shooting range.

I'm guessing you just need to work on your aim for both scenarios.

Yhea, the explosive flask. IDK but i hit the enemy with a bunch of blue flasks and he never dies idk :T i really need to use the explosive flash to kill them for some reason.

I shooted directly to the enemy team and the guy went in front of me and the bomb didn't turn anyone into chickens. I know i shooted 3 guys since they were frozen in the objective the entire time, including after i shoted the bomb, also i shooted the bomb vertically so its really hard for me to miss like that :T Maybe that was just a glitch but idk

Pip is already BS, what more do you want? You want him to call his cousin Teemo?
He is great but compared to other healers he sucks :T

BahaisDontKill
11-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Learn to aim with Pip. He is the best damage dealer among the supports. You need explosive flask, because Pip does increased damage to slowed enemies. Flask > Shoot > Shoot (and hit), compare the damage to other supports. And he does that in an area of effect. His healing was not bad with cards, (if you can aim), and now it even got buffed.

Tukimice
11-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Learn to aim with Pip. He is the best damage dealer among the supports. You need explosive flask, because Pip does increased damage to slowed enemies. Flask > Shoot > Shoot (and hit), compare the damage to other supports. And he does that in an area of effect. His healing was not bad with cards, (if you can aim), and now it even got buffed.

The problem is that i know how to aim with him, but the enemy heals while i give the 2nd shot so i need to use the explosive flask :T