PDA

View Full Version : Evie: Replace Ice Block with Ice Armor

Bonewalker
11-07-2016, 05:29 AM
So, I made a small search and found nothing about that, apart from one post suggesting a 70% DR. This sounded somewhat OP to me, so here is my idea.

Ability - Ice Armor
Give Evie a 1000 HP ice armor for 5 seconds. Armor intercepts 30% of damage Evie takes. Armor explodes to slow and mark enemies around when it ends.

12 seconds cooldown. Cooldown starts after the armor ends.
Slow and mark are as they are on Ice Block right now: 30%, 2 seconds.
Explosion radius increases as armor HP decreases.
If armor is destroyed, it only affects 50% of radius (so it will be the same as if you cancel it when it has 500 HP left), to encourage players to cancel it in time for bigger AoE.

Cards
Bloodstain
Heal for 150 for every enemy champion slowed by Ice Armor, up to a maximum of 1/2/3/4.
Frozen Plates
Armor intercepts additional 5/10/15/20% of incoming damage (for 35/40/45/50% total).
Dancing on the Ice
Increase movement speed by 4/8/12/16% while Ice Armor is active.
Ice Casing
Increase Armor HP by 75/150/225/300.

How exactly does this work.
Evie with armor is about to take 1000 damage. This results in 700 damage to Evie health pool, and 300 damage to armor health pool. With cards this can turn into 500 damage to Evie and 500 to armor.
If armor does not have enough health, the excessive damage is dealt to Evie.
Maybe armor should be considered a shiled or a deployable (sounds strange), so items will help deal with it (700 damage to Evie and 450 to armor in the above example with item level 1).

I think this is better than current Ice-Block-Death-Trap, that is rarely useful, and better than formerly possible Ice-Block-Blink, that provided almost 100% effective escape from any situation. This will not make Evie fat tank, but will still provide some additional survivability.
All numbers are subject to change, of course.

CoolDude
11-07-2016, 08:45 AM
I like the idea.

I agree that as of now, Ice Block is pretty much a death trap. Even when you have the card that generates health during ice block, if a victor / andro / cassie is firing at you, then you are still going to die.

DigitalLoss
11-07-2016, 08:46 AM
good suggestion i hope they use that idea

HyouRetsuzan
11-07-2016, 09:38 AM
this is nice one, a skill that actually helps her flank role, this would help her resolve her slow projectile speed problem

but i dont know, it kinda made her op in a way, if they decided to rework her RM that way maybe toning her LM burst down a bit might suffice as a scaling

ValdimirPutin
11-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Or just you know, don't.

Azurion
11-07-2016, 06:15 PM
i requested that in a post for CB31 about her iceblock to be changed in some kind of sheild instead , it was a big nope

Rawkh
11-08-2016, 12:13 AM
just add a 1 sec 90% dmg reduction after the ice block so it can actually be usefull without an almost 100% death after using it, maybe iceblock itself could last 1 less secs to apply this change.