PDA

View Full Version : Skye.exe is missing, also why ask a nerf on viktor ?

Azurion
11-06-2016, 06:47 PM
So... hum i just cameback from a while now , and ... anybody can tell me what they did to skye ? The nerf hammer she took,no sorry , the Nerf nuke is kinda real .. ult dosnt kill , or its rare , her damage is low .. with heaven 2 you dont do anydamage to the other xD i guess its those cry baby from steam eh.Also i see many forums say nerf viktor but viktor have no more bonus damage on nade soo .. hum how can i say that...You guys cry for nothing O.o . i remember stuff way more op than those kit.. The new champ can be 8 sec invise , unlimited clip , can shot and stay in stealth , make clones and move 60% faster , output a shit load of damage and creat walls but skye is op ? its time for skye to receive some love , if you guys didnt liked the bomb well , Hey Hi-Rez , give a new kit to skye completly , keep the assassin idea but make it more deadly on a single target. because now shes a big meh.

Presentation:

IGN:Saînt

lvl 139,

Mains: Kinessa(23),skye(20)

account rank : Diamond

Also Kinessa Seems to be in a good spot now since androxus have some damage fall off.

Rivx
11-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Her damage isn't bad at all, she has one of the highest bursts if she can land her shots. Ult is still pretty good, you won't usually get multikills by just planting it in the middle of the enemy team, but none of the ults give you guaranteed kills (except Drogoz kinda) so there's nothing unusual.

Everything else about her is pretty meh though. The only flanker with no vertical mobility means she will always be useless on maps like Timber Mill. Tiny clip size meaning that if something goes wrong and she doesn't land most of her shots she just dies. No real escape meaning you can't open on more than one target. Does absolutely nothing from mid-long range. Has zero ways to heal herself, which combined with Veteran nerf/fix puts the final nail in the coffin.

Azurion
11-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Her damage isn't bad at all, she has one of the highest bursts if she can land her shots. Ult is still pretty good, you won't usually get multikills by just planting it in the middle of the enemy team, but none of the ults give you guaranteed kills (except Drogoz kinda) so there's nothing unusual.

Everything else about her is pretty meh though. The only flanker with no vertical mobility means she will always be useless on maps like Timber Mill. Tiny clip size meaning that if something goes wrong and she doesn't land most of her shots she just dies. No real escape meaning you can't open on more than one target. Does absolutely nothing from mid-long range. Has zero ways to heal herself, which combined with Veteran nerf/fix puts the final nail in the coffin.

I agree, finally someone who reply a nice answer, but the game seems very mobile now , everybody can move pretty quick and when i solo Q now i mostly run with diamond /master people so yeaa.Skye in those elo is a big meh already because they know how to outrade her damage and since the clip is little, missing 2-3 shot can be fatal. Nop its actually fatal lel.i find the crosbow annoying i would rather have a dagger how something else more nice. she can output nice burst but like you said for the ult , its unusual. with the new heal meta i cant even get close to a stack team, i need to poke with poison bolt from miles away even with the 4 sec reduction on poison bolt its boring af to play

ChaosAnimagic
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Her Ult got a damage drop off, the further away the target is the less damage they take.

SKye can still do a lot of damage, just not so much where she instant kill someone.

Azurion
11-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Her Ult got a damage drop off, the further away the target is the less damage they take.

SKye can still do a lot of damage, just not so much where she instant kill someone.

skye kit is weak lol,her ult was 80% of what she had... with the new ttk its too risky to get close and when you do you die yeah ! fun gameplay 20/10

Rivx
11-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Well she really needs some major changes..

- Some self healing.. she was by far the most reliant on Veteran out of all champions, so the fix was a very unnecessary nerf to her.
- Some sort of grapple hook or another fitting ability to fix her verticality issues. It can easily replace smoke bomb.
- Possibly some initial burst mechanic, as she's really lacking one. Aside from Buck, flankers really rely on getting in some damage before the opponents can react. Skye can only get that edge if she lands a string of headshots, which is much harder than, say, firing one bolt as Evie.

Azurion
11-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Well she really needs some major changes..

- Some self healing.. she was by far the most reliant on Veteran out of all champions, so the fix was a very unnecessary nerf to her.
- Some sort of grapple hook or another fitting ability to fix her verticality issues. It can easily replace smoke bomb.
- Possibly some initial burst mechanic, as she's really lacking one. Aside from Buck, flankers really rely on getting in some damage before the opponents can react. Skye can only get that edge if she lands a string of headshots, which is much harder than, say, firing one bolt as Evie.

A bola shot would be nice af actually

TheSojourner
11-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Your perception of the game is amusing.

However, you -are- right in pointing out that Skye does stand at odds in the game currently. Her whole kit feels awkward, without numbers to back up her slowly found... uselessness.

ThatOthell159
11-06-2016, 09:52 PM
So... hum i just cameback from a while now , and ... anybody can tell me what they did to skye ? The nerf hammer she took,no sorry , the Nerf nuke is kinda real .. ult dosnt kill , or its rare , her damage is low .. with heaven 2 you dont do anydamage to the other xD i guess its those cry baby from steam eh.Also i see many forums say nerf viktor but viktor have no more bonus damage on nade soo .. hum how can i say that...You guys cry for nothing O.o . i remember stuff way more op than those kit.. The new champ can be 8 sec invise , unlimited clip , can shot and stay in stealth , make clones and move 60% faster , output a shit load of damage and creat walls but skye is op ? its time for skye to receive some love , if you guys didnt liked the bomb well , Hey Hi-Rez , give a new kit to skye completly , keep the assassin idea but make it more deadly on a single target. because now shes a big meh.

Presentation:

IGN:Saînt

lvl 139,

Mains: Kinessa(23),skye(20)

account rank : Diamond

Also Kinessa Seems to be in a good spot now since androxus have some damage fall off.

Your account level is 139 o.O, I'm only level 43 and I got matched against/ with you 3 times today.

Matchmaking according to level busted.

ThatOthell159
11-06-2016, 10:13 PM
To answer your original post, yes, Skye atm is as good as garbage. Every flanker performs better than her, the reason I can think of as to why people still pick her is either for trolling or for throwing.

Viktor used to be OP when I was lower levels... somewhere in between 1-20, then people started to get the hang of him and I can't play him to the full potential anymore due to everyone focusing me, people who are asking for a nerf on Viktor is either low level or playing casual, in ranked he is not picked as often, if at all.

ChaosAnimagic
11-06-2016, 10:14 PM
account level means nothing... Top Streamers have near 200.... it doesn't mean they're the best, just means they play the most, lol

BTW, Skye's Ult deals same damage at close range, just the damage drop off makes her lose 75% of damage if the target hit is on the outer ring of Skye's Time Bomb. (basically Skye deals 1000~3000 of dmg), an extra feature was also given to Skye, her Time Bomb now instantly destroy all Shields.

It means while Skye's Ult doesn't damage shields, it basically removes them no matter what HP/% the shields is at. (this means a full HP Fernando Shield is instantly gone, tho Fernando himself still survives, but now open to attacks)

Edit: as for Viktor... you're probably still not at the higher rank area (if there's even one, lol)

There's a reason why Viktor deals a lot more damage than any other Champ, can be easily seen in Weekend Tournys.
Next is Drogoz, who basically do burst Salvo for near instant kills. After that is Androxus's fast mobility and high hitting power.

Azurion
11-06-2016, 10:58 PM
account level means nothing... Top Streamers have near 200.... it doesn't mean they're the best, just means they play the most, lol

BTW, Skye's Ult deals same damage at close range, just the damage drop off makes her lose 75% of damage if the target hit is on the outer ring of Skye's Time Bomb. (basically Skye deals 1000~3000 of dmg), an extra feature was also given to Skye, her Time Bomb now instantly destroy all Shields.

It means while Skye's Ult doesn't damage shields, it basically removes them no matter what HP/% the shields is at. (this means a full HP Fernando Shield is instantly gone, tho Fernando himself still survives, but now open to attacks)

Edit: as for Viktor... you're probably still not at the higher rank area (if there's even one, lol)

There's a reason why Viktor deals a lot more damage than any other Champ, can be easily seen in Weekend Tournys.
Next is Drogoz, who basically do burst Salvo for near instant kills. After that is Androxus's fast mobility and high hitting power.

Before viktor was something but since he dosnt have the bonus damage on nade anymore is a big change tbh wee were used to always throw the nade before now well..yea you just throw it on purple you wanted to throw a nade i guess ahah. and Seriously for skye ...beside barik,and ruckus, they can cancel their sheild when time bomb explode .. to lower their cdr instead of blowing the sheild if they are intellegent. there is no way you can see skye good anymore , either 3-4-5-6-7-8 month ago she wasnt picked at tournament.her ult was 10k damage before and still didnt make it though tournament. its her whole kit , its too useless and like a previous player said , awkward.

Skye in a nutshell:

*Pop* out of invise,start to shot pew pew pew , and again ... again .. miss everything because people move pretty fast in this game with the jump abuse mobility its pretty hard to land a full charger .. then pew pew pew again and hope.. There is no synergie beetween her skills..she has no CC,combo or w/e you can do to have a dynamic gameplay. (Dont tell me smoke bomb is a cc you can see clearly through that cloud lmfao)

Recommand change that will make her super nice and more in the meta, i will post a new post about a skye rework idea on the creation content section.

TheJellyfish
11-07-2016, 05:50 AM
I think all the good Skye players must've given up on her cause I rarely see Skye doing well in games. She is only good at killings Newbies, deaf people, and those who are lacking in situational awareness.

Any reasonable player knowing that the enemy has a Skye will always check the flanks and behind. Don't even bother to get illuminate anymore these days.

Azurion
11-07-2016, 12:18 PM
I think all the good Skye players must've given up on her cause I rarely see Skye doing well in games. She is only good at killings Newbies, deaf people, and those who are lacking in situational awareness.

Any reasonable player knowing that the enemy has a Skye will always check the flanks and behind. Don't even bother to get illuminate anymore these days.

Has a mastery 20 skye, i was a decent skye back then. But now she got nerfed for (new players) ... try to play that in diamond and master NOP. if Hi-rez dont change change skye in the next month she will just be never picked ever and the new shinlanwashintan idk what the name of this sand man is but he can shot stealth..and not being remouved from it and can still shot... how can the kit of skye was op after they show us that new champion incoming lol..i loved the style of skye. I still play her even if i know ill make lose the game because shes impossible in the current heal meta..Give some love to skye fuck those cry baby from steam lvl 20 plz i want to be avalable to play her back in rank and furter in tournament ..

She just need a rework asaf

ChaosAnimagic
11-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Yes, Skye could use a rework.

However... the problem lies with Skye herself... Skye is the most reworked Champ in Paladins, she's been reworked in almost every single patch, starting from way back in early CBT when she was God Mode.

It's very hard to balance Skye, because Hi-Rez wants her to be a Hit-and-Run hitter and not just someone that instant kill people.

That was the reason why a lot of people complained for a Skye nerf just in 1 Patch before... this patch Skye was nerfed. In previous Patch Skye was OP, lol. (With Ult at least that instant killed people, Drop a Bomb, instant team wipe)

And now with the change in this patch SKye is back to UP and people start to play her less again...

Skye have yet to actually have a good balance since CB01...

Azurion
11-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Yes, Skye could use a rework.

However... the problem lies with Skye herself... Skye is the most reworked Champ in Paladins, she's been reworked in almost every single patch, starting from way back in early CBT when she was God Mode.

It's very hard to balance Skye, because Hi-Rez wants her to be a Hit-and-Run hitter and not just someone that instant kill people.

That was the reason why a lot of people complained for a Skye nerf just in 1 Patch before... this patch Skye was nerfed. In previous Patch Skye was OP, lol. (With Ult at least that instant killed people, Drop a Bomb, instant team wipe)

And now with the change in this patch SKye is back to UP and people start to play her less again...

Skye have yet to actually have a good balance since CB01...

lol Since when skye was good ? the only time i remember skye good it was in CB6-7 when her stealht mode would also knock up super high in the air so you can reposition that was amazing and nice , the attack speed card was op yea , but now she has nothing since a long time ... you says that skye was op there is 2 patch ago ? when new player from stream came and had no idea about maps , or w/e and a old player that picked skye back then will be op for sure. when i got ban for 3 days , i made a new acc right when steam lunched and i was abusing skye , new people wasnt even paying attention to my stleath sound or feet step ssound , they were staying fix so i could easly burst them down .. Normal they said she was OP you guys are standing still like retards lol