PDA

View Full Version : Skye & Viktor need to be nerfed, and barik needs a buff

TinyTem
11-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Recently while playing paladins, I realized that every single top play in every game was either a skye or a viktor, throwing her stupid overpowered bomb down then almost instantly killing the survivors, or viktor reigning down missiles. Skye needs a debuff, and so does viktor, or they just need to be removed completely. She's just too overpowered, and being able to take out front line champions in mere seconds is ridiculous, and the poison bolts are far too OP. When the developers said they nerfed skyes ultimate, it really did nothing. Its just stupid. And viktor? His bullets do far too much damage. He is an easy to use lousy character that noobs use when they're too lazy to play a character that isn't so generic and simple. His bomb is overpowered, his iron sights are just unfair and I know this from experience. He is so easy to use, and I stopped using him as he was an unfair overpowered mess of a champion.
And Barik? His turrets do nothing. Whenever I play as him, I either die instantly or I put my turret down and die immediately after. His shots do nothing, his turrets do less damage then his bloody gun, which many say is horse malarky, and his shield disappears faster than any other. Fernando has a shield thats far better, and his far easier to use, AND he does more damage. The worst part is that he's free. This short little twit cant build turrets that will last even a minute. He is by far the worst character in the game and even me playing as mal' damba can kill barik, and I SUCK at mal' damba. Thats it. I really hope they actually do something this update for barik because as of now, he's a shitshow.

RogueRifler
11-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Take a deep breath. Take another one too. There are vent threads if needed. Now that's out of the way, Barik is consistently used at high level competitive and pro play. If he can get his turrets up he is hard to dig out. Skye is never used because she does not have the mobility that other flankers do. Once you start reacting to the decloak sound she's pretty much toast. Viktor is the consistent hero. He shines when his opponents don't. Once you start landing projectiles on him or catch him out of position as a flanker he is toast too. Think of him as a medium range sniper, get in his grill and he'll have a bad day.

SoulJoker
11-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Skye's Ult can be totally avoided if you hide behind something, even the payload cart and the further you are away from it the less damage the bomb does, you either have no situational awareness, deaf or very slow reflexes to fall into Skye's Ult.

If you have a Flanker in your team then he needs to keep Viktor busy, if Viktor is left alone then yes, he will rekt you, he really isn't that difficult to deal with.

PFFFFT! Barik needs a buff? Turret's do nothing? Dude do you even know how to Barik? You're funny, he is a Frontliner that solely depends on his turrets, if you shoot the target that your turret is attacking then you deal extra damage from your Blunderbuss, with the right cards your turrets can make you a 1 man army. Your turrets can heal you, you can heal your own turrets, you can increase the turrets health and make them even more tanky. Barik is an amazing champion that relies on his gadgets just like any other engineer niche type champion (Useless alone, a beast with his gadgets). Also you can't deal real damage unless the enemy is close to you, a Blunderbuss is part of the shotgun family so that's what scares some players that don't wanna go close to Barik, I can solo a Ruckus as Barik. Learn to play him

Brodeo
11-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Just because a champ consistently gets PotG doesn't mean that champ or that ability is overpowered. Skye's ult is easy to use, and easy to avoid. She's got a low skill floor and low skill ceiling, so a halfway decent team can always deal with her but she's still fun for new players.

Viktor is the big draw for CoD players and the like. His play style let's him do devastating damage if you leave him alone. So don't. He's pretty squishy, and if he sees a Fireball or sniper shot or something coming at him he's gonna hide before he does anything major.

Barik is balanced well. If you let him get his turrets up, you're gonna have a hard time getting through his damage output. But when he spawns, he is slow to take the obj if his team can't clear it for him.

Shalashaska87B
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Skye is a strange hero: sometimes she can outclass the whole enemy team, sometimes she can't do anything at all...
Viktor is the "easy start". Not everyone is familiar with non-rifle weapons, you know?

ThatOthell159
11-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Skye needs a buff of some sort, Viktor and Barik is fine as is.

TheJellyfish
11-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Recently while playing paladins, I realized that every single top play in every game was either a skye or a viktor, throwing her stupid overpowered bomb down then almost instantly killing the survivors, or viktor reigning down missiles. Skye needs a debuff, and so does viktor, or they just need to be removed completely. She's just too overpowered, and being able to take out front line champions in mere seconds is ridiculous, and the poison bolts are far too OP. When the developers said they nerfed skyes ultimate, it really did nothing. Its just stupid. And viktor? His bullets do far too much damage. He is an easy to use lousy character that noobs use when they're too lazy to play a character that isn't so generic and simple. His bomb is overpowered, his iron sights are just unfair and I know this from experience. He is so easy to use, and I stopped using him as he was an unfair overpowered mess of a champion.
And Barik? His turrets do nothing. Whenever I play as him, I either die instantly or I put my turret down and die immediately after. His shots do nothing, his turrets do less damage then his bloody gun, which many say is horse malarky, and his shield disappears faster than any other. Fernando has a shield thats far better, and his far easier to use, AND he does more damage. The worst part is that he's free. This short little twit cant build turrets that will last even a minute. He is by far the worst character in the game and even me playing as mal' damba can kill barik, and I SUCK at mal' damba. Thats it. I really hope they actually do something this update for barik because as of now, he's a shitshow.

New player, just loaded the game, played for 2 hours, died as Barik many times and calls for a buff. . .
*yawns*
Go stand with the other set of new players who currently think "X" champion needs to be [nerfed / buffed / removed] . . .

CoolDude
11-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Hi there, TinyTem:

If you like playing Barik, then I know BubbleKings has a good video or two on youtube with him playing barik well. I know I got a couple of good ideas regarding loadout and positioning and strategy from that video.

Stoltzy has an AMAZING Barik gameplay video, but you would have to be as good as Stoltzy is to play that way...and there ain't that many people as good as stoltzy is...

Oh, and HiRez also has a How to play Barik video out on youtube with Raynday narrating it. Definitely worth checking out.

Since Barik's turrets don't do THAT much damage, and his gun is most effective at close range, the key to getting more damage from Barik's weapon is to make sure that you are shotting the enemy who is being struck my your machine gun turrets (because you get a damage boost when you shoot someone that is being "marked" by your turrets), and to be CLOSE to your enemy when you fire because Barik has a damage dropoff caused by distance from an enemy.

I have seen Barik take down MUCH tankier players by using rocket boost to get REAL CLOSE to their targets and then blast them from "can't-miss" distances.

Hope this helps.

Azurion
11-07-2016, 01:57 PM
AH ah ah.. did you say nerf skye ? why is this game based on how noob cant endle a champ. normally champion is nerfed due to pro players that makes them too op because they know every of her mechanics and all the potential but wait.. she didnt maked it to tournament since CB20 ?, now they nerf skye to keep the steam community because they cryed about skye ...piss me so much because all my mains are getting nerf due to the steam release when they shouldnt have even been touched.. at low level its normal skye would reckt you if anyone good would suddently face you in the other team matchmaking is unfair im lvl 140 and im matched with lvl 20-40 .. when you will get experience and know how the game really work skye shouldnt be a problem unless she dosnt miss a single shot. skye is also the champ with the most way to counter..

1.heard her sound

2.heaven 2 will put skye in a bad situation if she try to delete someone and you can react and outrade her, yes her clip syze is too low and if she miss bullet she will output like 600-800 damage..

3.stack with your team there is no way she can kill someone under a ying that heals around

4.her bomb can be avoided by everything in the map ..and now its even more easier you can just run from it and still survive...

5.dont stand still for to much

6.always watch around yourself if you know the ennemie team have a skye she will 99% sure sneak behind , if she attack from the front she will just die doing nothing after all

7. you see skye run at you without attacking or using poison bolt = bomb drop just run

8.play drogoz/androxus her damage scaling on distance is crazy and if you can fly away she wont hurt you anymore

9.dont play kinessa under a skye pick

10.Cassie and barik have turret to reveal her , since those champion are played alot recently she can be countered every single time that she normal Q.and in ranked well you just dont pick her its 61% lose due to counter pick(she has 39% win rate under 10k match played)

11. Mal damba can just use (F) ability to avoid the bomb drop same for fernando ult that can save his entire team from it

12.viktor can outrade her with his huge clip size ez pz

13.she cant kill grohk with the heal turret down at all , even cauteryze is a meh maybe at rank 3 but grohk stack with the team most part of the time so ..

14.if skye miss a couple of bullet she will die , vs drogoz that have 6 bullet and only need 2 to kill..

15.skye flank kit seems strong but its not when you see the others flanker they all have gasp closer , skye has to walk wich it can put her in a very bad situation when she try to pick up someone.

16.illuminate burn card AKA items now

So when is the next skye nerf ? your right she needs it , there is just a few way to counter her right ? she need to be more bad in the current meta :confused:

Kadurkel
11-08-2016, 02:21 AM
LMFAO it's LITERALLY exactly the opposite, Barik needs nerf and Viktor/Skye a buff/rework.

BJBrechas
11-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Yeah my barik foundation it's 100% hp forever alone stronkino barik, all people who say im maining only champs who need aiming skills sounds me like cheaters...

I main all champ, except bomb king cause i feel like it's a noob champ for noob players... And skye it's not this 1 round bullets kill champ i mean you will need minimum to reload with her.

The problem it's the same ever & ever is not about the op champ it's about the aiming skills/helps.

Viktor actually cant kill a enemy with 1 round of 33bullets with mag XL card, forced to reload or aim 100%head with helpers.

I think viktor/skye/barik are ok like they are.

xKushGene
11-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Viktor doesnt need a nerf.
Viktor is so easy to kill.

Buck needs a nerf imo

MiraKabal
11-09-2016, 04:34 AM
No offence to the OP, but people need to stop being so self-centered, ruining it for others just to have it their own way. Don't go in here demanding to nerf this or that hero if you don't know what you're talking about and are just reacting to your own bad encounters with a hero that most likely has more to do with your lack of experience than it has to do with the balance of the hero.

sinosleep
11-09-2016, 04:43 AM
Skye is trash tier. The only place she shines is playing nooblets who don't know how to counter her. There;s a reason she's the only character to have never been picked in the pro-circuit.

TheJellyfish
11-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Skye is trash tier. The only place she shines is playing nooblets who don't know how to counter her. There;s a reason she's the only character to have never been picked in the pro-circuit.

THIS THIS THIS

Skye is just a noob killer. Even when I was still a newbie Skye became easy to kill once I learned what the burn card illuminate was for. After that all I had to do was get illuminate to tier 2 or 3 (for overkill) and Skype wouldn't be a problem hunting or killing anymore.
After gaining more experience I don't even bother to get illuminate as I already know how to predict and counter Skye.

Honestly Skye is for seal clubbing. Just make a new account and beat up all the newbies.

Atlecx
11-09-2016, 12:50 PM
How long have you played this game?

1. Skye is one of the worst characters in the game, she is easily spotted and once she is, she's toast. Her ult is also terrible now because of the massive falloff.

2. While Barik isn't the best tank, he's still very good. Once he's all set up with his turrets and shield, he's a monster. Healing Station also negates his low health.

3. If you're dying a ton to Viktor just get out of his line of sight, it's that simple.

ToxicSquiid
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
LMFAO it's LITERALLY exactly the opposite, Barik needs nerf and Viktor/Skye a buff/rework.

Erm... no. Viktor and Skye do not need a buff...

new2destroyou
11-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Since the release of Viktor, I always wanted him to get a nerf, even a small one.
Regarding Skye, well, buy Illumuminate, and *poof* dead.
Barik is fine.

Commoners
11-09-2016, 07:30 PM

Actually, being a short term player of skye, the nerf is really effective. I can no longer depend on the once broken range to have multikills, don't know if you noticed, but with this nerf, people are actually able to get away from the bomb towards a safe distance so they will not be damaged.

Azurion
11-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Actually, being a short term player of skye, the nerf is really effective. I can no longer depend on the once broken range to have multikills, don't know if you noticed, but with this nerf, people are actually able to get away from the bomb towards a safe distance so they will not be damaged.

Yup, and if they buff the ult back people are going to cry , best solution ---> rework

What rework wee want:

1.a gameplay that everyone would actually love to play

2.A efficace ult to split team , a more skilled one,but also a more rewarding than the actual one

3.her vertical flanking sucks.adding a dash/harpon or w/e should fix it

4.make shots rewarding , right now , i have stacked poison bolt 3x and hitted 15ammo without missing on a ying that was stunned by a bomb kill ult , and she still went away alive and i died .. meanwhile drogoz can kill 3 personne with 1 reload :/

kimtjongun
11-09-2016, 09:41 PM
I once played Skye like a beast before nerf (when her ult did 1000 tick damage). And her aim now is really not quite the same anymore. Used to see squishies' healths (haha kinessa) melt before my eyes but that's history.

That was until I tried and played Evie like a bigger beast. Viktor? Blink on top of him and two shots he's gone. Bad aim and he runs? No worries. You Soar to that little bugger and put an ice bolt in him. Bad aim and he is actually shooting back and going to kill you? Soar and go behind cover or Ice Block and hopes he empties his clip on your immunity/surprise break-out. But yeah usually getting anyone's health to less than half in one shot sends people running most of the time.

Skye? Evie supposed to keep moving so I don't think you would meet Skye much unless you're done killing everyone and back to protect your back lines. Two shots would do the job. Caught by surprise? Blink away first and then come back and blast that little booger! (Gotta learn to counter the player's play style with Skye though)

Barik? Yeah well he's still a problem for me. Turret's range is actually pretty damn long and it hurts Evie a lot so unless you got other mates helping you take the shots from them it's best not to go toe-to-toe with a Barik.

So yes the only beef I got is Barik with his turret range. Other than that Viktor's pretty balance if you make him run. Forever. Skye just... Ded. Evie ftw!

Of course all that is relative. If you have a crappy Barik, Skye, Viktor, or any Champion RIP bruh. Some Champs are just easier to play than others. Some players are just better than others. You can get a really good Androxus and wipe an entire team. You can have a crappy Viktor with less than 20k damage done total. Either that or someone better just keeps pwning him.

TL;DR: Barik's turret range is cray. The person with more m4d sk33ls will pwn. Gain exposure to different player types and learn to adapt/counter.

Azurion
11-09-2016, 09:48 PM
I once played Skye like a beast before nerf (when her ult did 1000 tick damage). And her aim now is really not quite the same anymore. Used to see squishies' healths (haha kinessa) melt before my eyes but that's history.

That was until I tried and played Evie like a bigger beast. Viktor? Blink on top of him and two shots he's gone. Bad aim and he runs? No worries. You Soar to that little bugger and put an ice bolt in him. Bad aim and he is actually shooting back and going to kill you? Soar and go behind cover or Ice Block and hopes he empties his clip on your immunity/surprise break-out. But yeah usually getting anyone's health to less than half in one shot sends people running most of the time.

Skye? Evie supposed to keep moving so I don't think you would meet Skye much unless you're done killing everyone and back to protect your back lines. Two shots would do the job. Caught by surprise? Blink away first and then come back and blast that little booger! (Gotta learn to counter the player's play style with Skye though)

Barik? Yeah well he's still a problem for me. Turret's range is actually pretty damn long and it hurts Evie a lot so unless you got other mates helping you take the shots from them it's best not to go toe-to-toe with a Barik.

So yes the only beef I got is Barik with his turret range. Other than that Viktor's pretty balance if you make him run. Forever. Skye just... Ded. Evie ftw!

Of course all that is relative. If you have a crappy Barik, Skye, Viktor, or any Champion RIP bruh. Some Champs are just easier to play than others. Some players are just better than others. You can get a really good Androxus and wipe an entire team. You can have a crappy Viktor with less than 20k damage done total. Either that or someone better just keeps pwning him.

TL;DR: Barik's turret range is cray. The person with more m4d sk33ls will pwn. Gain exposure to different player types and learn to adapt/counter.

Yup , even if evie got nerf pretty hard with the iceblock she still very decent , androxus got his 3 dash back ... i dont get why since 2 dash gived chance to foe to escape him but now nop. Buck got a nice rework that make him work now and skye.. how boy i cant explain it , im recording videos , i watch it back and im saying , was there a better way i could do this , or that and nope. even one of my friend that is a godlike kinessa tryed skye because he was laughing at me(friendly) and he have done even worse than me. so a top tier player cant even use skye proper.i dont even know if i should say that , wee dont use skye badly , shes just impossible to play and wee need to be in a big try hard mode to even reach 50k-70k damage with her .. meanwhile everyone have 100k+ xD

OBADIAh
11-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Barik does not need a buff if you know what you are doing i always roll with him I've even gone 1 v 5 with a whole team.

M4UROX
11-13-2016, 04:32 AM
yeh barik doesnt need a buff, if you know how to play him he is good.
About skye she already got nerfed and its good now, and viktor i think he is good as he is now, buff could make him very op and nerf could make him very weak.

wuodland
11-13-2016, 04:45 AM
I agree. Barik feels quite strong right now in the meta. When both your turrets are hitting from behind the shield, the damage done starts racking impressive digits.

Mundal
11-13-2016, 10:35 AM
New player, just loaded the game, played for 2 hours, died as Barik many times and calls for a buff. . .
*yawns*
Go stand with the other set of new players who currently think "X" champion needs to be [nerfed / buffed / removed] . . .

This is why they need to make a few changes to how people can post on balance section of the forums, the first and foremost of them being: having atleast 20-30 hours of gameplay, level upto 5 any champion you desire to be nerfed or buffed.

AlphaUT
11-13-2016, 08:18 PM
New player's rage thread. I would suggest you play more and comp in order to know them well.

ArchmageMC
11-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Skye needs an HP nerf if anything to punish her if she doesn't sneak up on you. Being able to kill someone who has 3k hp or less by running at them with no fear is pretty stupid.

Viktor also needs an HP or damage nerf, Same with CAssie. Otherwise the other damage will need their damage to be easier to do. (Bomb King, Drogoz) since its not hitscan and its splash is pitiful in comparison to TF2 Demo/Soldier.

Greycynic
11-14-2016, 02:35 AM
I agree, I cant imagine anyone disagreeing with this unless they main these 2 champions

Azurion
11-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Skye needs an HP nerf if anything to punish her if she doesn't sneak up on you. Being able to kill someone who has 3k hp or less by running at them with no fear is pretty stupid.

Viktor also needs an HP or damage nerf, Same with CAssie. Otherwise the other damage will need their damage to be easier to do. (Bomb King, Drogoz) since its not hitscan and its splash is pitiful in comparison to TF2 Demo/Soldier.

Skye used to have lower hp , but she was always dying by random stuff its was even more useless

1500 HP in CB30

then 1800

to end up at 2000

It was her only buff she got , they said since wee increase skye health wee are going to lower her damage so they took out her bonus damage after stealth,make poison bolt with a %hp so completly useless on low hp champion wich they are almost 80% of the entire game if its not more and they droped her ult to 10 000/5000/3000/fall damage its insane So if i count how many nerf she got for steam user = to 6 nerf and even before you guys come , she was never picked in tournament always left behind for androxus..or evie, Meanwhile Cassie,androxus,drogoz always been GOD tier pick and they never tryed to change the meta once for them ..even worse they buffed cassie ! -,- Q damage went from 150 to 400