PDA

View Full Version : Please Balance: Balance

Arcie
11-01-2016, 10:40 PM
This forum is awful! Seriously, I think I have seen cries to nerf just about every champion! If every champion is overpowered when played properly, doesn't that mean the game IS balanced?! I am not going to say everyone is actually balanced as I still have my own couple of sore spots (Poppy Bomb, Victor accuracy, and Cassie range), but come on people! I draw the line at someone saying Evie is OP because she can move around a lot. It's seriously the ONLY THING SHE HAS! And, because someone didn't want to make any sense when they made her, they gave her a skill which removes ALL movement speed from her!

Evie aside, this game is fairly well balanced to require team play, planned teams, strong counter picks, and counter building during the match. This game rewards teamwork and punishes things like over-extending, playing out of position, and quite a few other things that MOBAs punish you for. It's not perfect, but it's getting there and we are the ones helping. That is the point of a beta. The problem is, we aren't supposed to use this opportunity to whine about things we can't beat because we aren't good enough... except Poppy Bomb, screw that thing!

The point is, we need to try to give constructive feedback. Don't make a post that says "Drogoz is too OP, nerf him now!" because that doesn't explain what you dislike about the champion. Take into consideration what other people respond with in order to learn how the more skilled players handle situations you cannot seem to find a response to. And please remember that Casual play is very different from Ranked play and Tournament play. Just because a character seems broken in Casual play, like Kinessa who isn't being properly flanked due to a lack of communication or a Skye constantly killing you because no one is able to call out where she was a few seconds ago, doesn't mean it translates to a well coordinated set of teams. Find yourself friends to play with. Play casual with pre-arranged groups of 5 in Discord, Teamspeak, or Mumble. If you are in a PuG with a Ying who did a really good job of keeping you alive, message them in the chat afterwards with "/w name" and thank them. Maybe throw them a friend invite!

This game isn't meant to be played alone. Having people traversing the realms with you is how you learn to tackle the challenge of a tricky Evie or a quick maneuvering Drogoz. A well coordinated group can push a Fernando/Ying off a point, shut down a Ruckus in a hallway, clear out of Drogoz ult, avoid Bomb King's hug, stay out of the Kinessa line of sight, nail Victor before he spends his full barrage, regroup after getting feared by Mal'Damba, finding a defensive ally after newly becoming a chicken courtesy of Pip, and just overall cause headaches for those which would tear you asunder in the realms if given the chance!

Oh, except for Poppy bomb. That skill is just too overpowered!

TheJellyfish
11-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Ever notice that most of the people who complain about a champion being broken or OP are usually newer players. . .

The only champion that is currently broken right now is the Bomb King and his Poppy Bomb knockback. Other than that all the champions are fairly good. Just gotta learn how to play them.

Arcie
11-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Ever notice that most of the people who complain about a champion being broken or OP are usually newer players. . .

The only champion that is currently broken right now is the Bomb King and his Poppy Bomb knockback. Other than that all the champions are fairly good. Just gotta learn how to play them.

I will be honest, I was a Skye nerf backer. I think the main issue was the lack of interface to indicate what was considered LoS. Had an issue tonight where the icon showed me as being safe with LoS on her yet until the last second it switched to red for no reason and the bomb took half my HP (Fernando).

I feel Poppy Bomb is pretty stupid, but I also feel Victor and Cassie are both a bit over-tweaked. I would like to see them both be fixed to close/mid range damage. They shouldn't cover the distance they do with the damage they have.

Generally, though, the game balance works, for sure!

AngryBes
11-02-2016, 08:31 AM
I will be honest, I was a Skye nerf backer. I think the main issue was the lack of interface to indicate what was considered LoS. Had an issue tonight where the icon showed me as being safe with LoS on her yet until the last second it switched to red for no reason and the bomb took half my HP (Fernando).

I feel Poppy Bomb is pretty stupid, but I also feel Victor and Cassie are both a bit over-tweaked. I would like to see them both be fixed to close/mid range damage. They shouldn't cover the distance they do with the damage they have.

Generally, though, the game balance works, for sure!

Skye needed a nerf not because she was op but because she's an annoying cancer to play against.
Still is btw.