PDA

View Full Version : Replace Aggression with Fire rate

KesslerCOIL
11-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Currently the card Aggression is rather pathetic and is basically just a trap card compared to wrecker and cauterize.
I'd like to see it be replaced with 10%/20%/30% firerate instead of 5%/10%/15% weapon damage, it'd be more interesting than a generic increase in damage since it would have a trade off of needing to reload more often and open up more deck builds with the potential need to build more reload speed to compensate for chewing through your clip faster.

ChaosAnimagic
11-01-2016, 02:17 AM
Sounds like the old Buck Fire Rate increasing Card...

I think this wouldn't be that good, especially since it needs to be disabled for certain Champs that already have fast reload speed.

And Overheat Bar... which doesn't even need to reload, so they can fire super fast and burst down ppls within seconds. (there's a reason why only certain Champs were given a Fire Rate increasing Card back when they had one)

The burst speed for a Fire Rate increasing Item would be too strong in my view. We would probably get even more complain about Viktor or Cassie being OP if they had this.

PTLagger
11-01-2016, 04:55 AM
No just no, This card is game breaking if Cassie, Androxus, Buck, Drogoz use it, they become more broken

IIIXCaliburIII
11-01-2016, 05:35 AM
If you get defeated by an Aggression card...

Atm aggression is probably the worst card in the game and the biggest noob trap. Its ONLY ever good on AOE champs like evie and drogoz IF the enemy team does not build blast shield. ELSE its countered. your paying 1200 gold for level 2 aggression and level 1 (300 gold) defense item nullifies it.

The only way i can think of for this item to be viable is if they decrease the cost to the same as the defense items. 300 for initial item and 600 for the upgrade. Then it can count as an armour penetration item that could be viable with lowered costs.

TheCheesemaster
11-01-2016, 06:05 AM
30% firerate + Drogoz's card that enables him to get a 40% cooldown decrease on his reload speed......hmmmm

Yea, I can see that this is not gonna go so well.

AngryBes
11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Or just remove it. We have 4 items in each category except attack, which has 5.
Let's make it consistent and remove aggression.

It's an item btw, not a card.

BeSs
11-01-2016, 01:50 PM
I actually think it's pretty strong on kinessa and evie, but IMO it should be removed anyway because as you all said it's useless on every other champ

MasterTeisel
11-01-2016, 02:17 PM
So many games lost or extended for too long just because absolutely no one buys Wrecker and Cauterize... Aggression is just a noob trap, a deception for those who don't delve into the system and only read "use this to do more damage".

Arcie
11-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Why doesn't anybody understand the point of Aggression? Yeah, it's percent is half that of Haven and Blast Shield, but it's that way for a reason. The point is to make a counter-pick to Haven and Blast Shield. It effectively halves Blast Shield or Haven, depending on your type of damage, and increases damage against anyone who hasn't counter-picked your damage type. It's not a grab for everyone, but if you are planning on destroying that Fernando on Victor and he takes Haven, it will help you with your job.

It is a design choice not to add a massive damage increase card because that becomes too hard to balance. Increasing attack speed is EFFECTIVELY increasing damage. You are suggesting they change the flavor of the increase of damage, but you forget a few things. There are things in this game which potentially proc on hit. Playing a Victor with 30% attack speed increase means he accesses the first 4 bullets a lot more regularly than before. Pop Pop Pop Pop Reload, rinse repeat. This change would break damage dealers and flankers beyond belief.

While Aggression gets a lot of flak for being a bad card, it's not really that bad. The problem is, it doesn't do what people want it to do, which is skyrocket your damage. What it does is helps you keep up with the increasing defense of the enemy front liners to play your part. It's not meant to be an auto-pick, it's meant to be a thought out pick to help deal with excessively tanky Haven/Blast Shield builds.

TomokoKurokii
11-02-2016, 12:49 AM
this game is pretty solid just there are some op characters in the game ( cassie, bomb king, viktor) that need to be patched

TheJellyfish
11-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Or just remove it. We have 4 items in each category except attack, which has 5.
Let's make it consistent and remove aggression.

It's an item btw, not a card.

I second this motion. Just get rid of Aggression completely so people can find other reasons to complain. . .

Honestly I think most players don't even bother to do the math to see how much a 5/10/15% increase really is.

IIIXCaliburIII
11-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Why doesn't anybody understand the point of Aggression? Yeah, it's percent is half that of Haven and Blast Shield, but it's that way for a reason. The point is to make a counter-pick to Haven and Blast Shield. It effectively halves Blast Shield or Haven, depending on your type of damage, and increases damage against anyone who hasn't counter-picked your damage type. It's not a grab for everyone, but if you are planning on destroying that Fernando on Victor and he takes Haven, it will help you with your job.

It is a design choice not to add a massive damage increase card because that becomes too hard to balance. Increasing attack speed is EFFECTIVELY increasing damage. You are suggesting they change the flavor of the increase of damage, but you forget a few things. There are things in this game which potentially proc on hit. Playing a Victor with 30% attack speed increase means he accesses the first 4 bullets a lot more regularly than before. Pop Pop Pop Pop Reload, rinse repeat. This change would break damage dealers and flankers beyond belief.

While Aggression gets a lot of flak for being a bad card, it's not really that bad. The problem is, it doesn't do what people want it to do, which is skyrocket your damage. What it does is helps you keep up with the increasing defense of the enemy front liners to play your part. It's not meant to be an auto-pick, it's meant to be a thought out pick to help deal with excessively tanky Haven/Blast Shield builds.

Its too expensive to be an effective armour penetration item. Reduce the cost then its viable to use. Simple.

DarkBreezeh
11-02-2016, 07:58 AM
And 1 card if you hit an enemy It is revealed by 1s 2s 3s sound nice.

CookieLady666
11-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Aggression is pretty neat when you hit this magical 15% bonus, but it consumes so much money, it's just more optimal to max other, equally good or better cards instead. And more of them too, since they're cheaper.

All in all, it really is a noob trap.
If you ask me how I see it, it's just a way of Hi-Rez trying to give me a blood clot, because that's what I feel I'm about to get when I see yet another Viktor insta-buying Aggression vs Fernando+Barik combo.

If, say, you are a Viktor and you did 120,000dmg with Aggression II - it means that this item gave you an additional 12k dmg. Amazing. Simply stunning. Now - Can you please explain me, in detail, how was that worth letting that Ying heal the enemy team for a total of 100k health?