PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse Grohk Hand

Spritzo
11-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Hi!

It's only day one but I have a good Grohk hand that I think support players will love. Now obviously the current Casual game mode and the card system makes it a bit difficult to get this hand often, but if you see these cards you should give them a shot! Ever since I got this hand I've been playing Grohk almost nonstop.

Cards are:
Stimulate - +30% ally dmg near totem | Planted - 2 sec. enemy root near totem | Outreach - +80% totem range | Hamstring - 5% chance to slow 30% for 2 sec with weapon | Healing Rain - +2% of max hp heal per sec.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUCdi_2XAAEexyA.png:large

Obviously this was a good hand, and it obviously won't always happen. But..

With this hand, Grohk is a powerhouse support. His team will have no trouble melting the enemies or staying alive. With a two second enemy root, +30% damage, and super high team heals, the enemy team has little chance of surviving. If they can target the totem (and good luck with all the wall abilities in Paladins) they could stand a good chance then.

As a side note: Chain Lightning is crazy. Grohk is basically new Zues with his shield that can be used with Chain Lightning - coincidence...

TL;DR: Grohk support is just way too good not to play. Take 4 totem cards and you're good.

What cards do you normally take for Grohk? Any different builds you'd like to share?

Myrana
11-18-2015, 12:34 AM
I'd prefer the attack speed card over the additional 2% healing one.

Magical
11-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Grohk pretty much outputs insane damage regardless of the cards I get it seems xD

If you get the legendary chain lightning range and usable on your own totem, combined with atspd and the one that reduces your chain lightning cooldown on hit. You can straight up chew through anyone. I normally come out at least 50k ahead of the second highest DPS in a 10 min up game, it's insane.

RainbowSplat
11-18-2015, 05:22 AM
Grohk is bae :D i love this character aswell :) it FeelsGoodMan when you use chain lighting and they are all stacked together so you take like 50% of all their HP

Magical
11-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Grohk is bae :D i love this character aswell :) it FeelsGoodMan when you use chain lighting and they are all stacked together so you take like 50% of all their HP

My favourite is the enemy team gathering up to protect their final gate, so I just chain lightning the gate and get a tonne of kills. I actually got a quadra last night just from aiming at the gate lol xD

GRONK
11-18-2015, 02:07 PM
I iz GRONK!

Cydo
11-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Cluster + Conductor + Overload or Stimulate = Insane damage output when the entire enemy team is clumped together. Throw in lighting rod and watch people try to solo you on top of your totem. Kill them and continue your rain dance.