PDA

View Full Version : Need more Skye nerfs.

Izekio
10-25-2016, 09:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xtTA3UN.jpg

I am tired of carrying games with Skye. The game before this I had an Androxous get aggression and only get 27k damage and I got 115k damage. She really is the worse champion and is unplayable so I should not be able to carry like this. It is even worse when you lose and have top stats with Skye.

EDIT: http://paladins.guru/match/pc/27017630 this is the link to see the elo of the players. I am upset that I had a lower elo team compare to the other team. Especially that cassie being 2k.

ThatOthell159
10-25-2016, 10:15 PM
The more you win, you more you have to carry.

AngryBes
10-26-2016, 01:35 AM
She's still broken.

SubjectToChangePLDNS
10-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Oh you little trolls you <3
You know full well she´s not actually too strong and that you can carry just as well if not better with most other champs :D Bad players aren´t gonna react to any champ accordingly

oTecx
10-26-2016, 04:21 AM
I can live with her Ult now but she's just too easy to play. You have 2 escape/flank abilities wich makes you very elusive, an easy to aim/hit primary and secondary attack wich complement eachother greatly. It's a point and click adventure atm. Her ult is still key to winning matches though, just drop it on the point mid obj fight and gg.

Skye Main.

What a surprise.

sinosleep
10-26-2016, 04:25 AM
She's one of two champs (Grover being the other) who the top paladins players taking part in the champion circuit have never, EVER, for ANY reason bothered to pick cause they're considered trash. Keep in mind the tournament started before her ult got nerfed. These Skye threads are hilarious.

ACorpse
10-26-2016, 04:49 AM
She's one of two champs (Grover being the other) who the top paladins players taking part in the champion circuit have never, EVER, for ANY reason bothered to pick cause they're considered trash. Keep in mind the tournament started before her ult got nerfed. These Skye threads are hilarious.

You're acting as if the casual queue, with uncoordinated teams generally not on voice comms, and the competitive scene, where voice is no doubt mandatory, are expected to handle a Skye the same.

They don't. They cannot.

In comp, one person with Illuminate can make Skye unviable.

In casual, there's no comms. No positional info being passed about where the enemy Skye was last seen. A decent Skye player can single out stragglers, vaporise them, and go invis and run around at 145% speed for the next one.

So don't pretend that competitive is the only factor in balancing. It just isn't.

oTecx
10-26-2016, 05:01 AM
90% of the poeple i'm queued up with don't even bother looking to the sides/back. I'm not to familiar with the voice commands, would help alot if i could just place a marker on the map for my team to signal drogoz (or another hero) is harassing them from above instead of seeing them helplessly spinning around to find the source of the damage...

sinosleep
10-26-2016, 05:10 AM
You're acting as if the casual queue, with uncoordinated teams generally not on voice comms, and the competitive scene, where voice is no doubt mandatory, are expected to handle a Skye the same.

They don't. They cannot.

In casual, there's no comms. No positional info being passed about where the enemy Skye was last seen. A decent Skye player can single out stragglers, vaporise them, and go invis and run around at 145% speed for the next one.

So don't pretend that competitive is the only factor in balancing. It just isn't.

They've got the most incentive to pick good characters and go with good team comp, so that's the only factor I need to take I to account when it comes to judging characters kits. If they have a good one best believe these are the guys that are going to exploit it. And she's been avoided like the plague by them since jump street. That's saying something.

Skye's kit is garbage. You don't need illuminate at close range, which is where she'll be when she inevitably reloads cause she couldn't drop you in one clip. She won't be able to f out because she used it to get the drop on you in the first place. When she pops smoke shoot at it and half the the time she'll be dead without having even made it out of the smoke herself. If she survives she'll reappear running away from you at which point she's easy picking. The only people complaining about her are people that don't know any better.

Rivx
10-26-2016, 05:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xtTA3UN.jpg

I am tired of carrying games with Skye. The game before this I had an Androxous get aggression and only get 27k damage and I got 115k damage. She really is the worse champion and is unplayable so I should not be able to carry like this. It is even worse when you lose and have top stats with Skye.

EDIT: http://paladins.guru/match/pc/27017630 this is the link to see the elo of the players. I am upset that I had a lower elo team compare to the other team. Especially that cassie being 2k.

It is not the official ELO and is just an algorithm the site authors came up with. It has nothing to do with what the game places you at.

VoodooJinx
10-26-2016, 05:54 AM
you should play comp with her :rolleyes:

IIIXCaliburIII
10-26-2016, 06:53 AM

They don't. They cannot.

Its not just on the e-sports scene, its in High Elo play too that she is not as good (mmr of 3500+). The fact of the matter is, each person on the team knows due to experience how to deal with a skye. Listening to her steps, when she comes out of stealth, and expecting an ult just like any other champion. The guy who sent the picture with the MMR ratings shown is unfortunately still in low elo. These guys dont use the vgs system, dont plan a strategy or communicate how their comp will win etc. A Skye in low elo's is perfect because there is no experience from the players side on how to deal with it.

Currently HiRez is already upping their quality on sounds etc for the next patch to make it easier for people to notice her around the map. (since there are many visual and audio bugs) But more than that it comes down to understanding the game when you play. The game is still very new, players still need to understand it and understand compositions and how to work together in a fpsMoba like this.
So the only "FIX" in my opinion is Time. Players will get the hang of it, but to nerf Skye even more will make her borderline unplayable at any level of the game.

Just like BombKing is trash at low elo's, he is considered one of the most OP champs in higher elo. Why? EXPERIENCE.

The thing players can do is learn their VGS commands or maybe HiRez can implement is a Tutorial on using VGS system, in order for players to get used to it, at least the most important commands. Maybe implement a voice chat system but will see about that.

Izekio
10-26-2016, 11:08 AM
you should play comp with her :rolleyes:

Ive actually been trying to do that more but there is 3 main problems:

1. The map. Certain maps Skye is just trash in. Timber mills being the worst one for her

2. I have to be last or second to last pick. If I allow the enemy team to see I am going to pick Skye and they set up counters for her then I am a no go.

3. Teammates. If I pick Skye I will have teammates go afk and just talk trash the whole game. Even when I carry a team to victory, they where still talking trash about me picking Skye.

Izekio
10-26-2016, 11:10 AM
It is not the official ELO and is just an algorithm the site authors came up with. It has nothing to do with what the game places you at.

Although not official, It is highly accurate from what I have seen. 1200 elo players doing bad and 2k elo's doing great. Me being stuck at 1800 makes it so I can have a 1200 on my team and vs a 2400. You can also look at their win loss and their KDA in the website giving more data if they are good or bad or get carried a lot.

Izekio
10-26-2016, 11:14 AM

They don't. They cannot.

This is literally how every game balances their games. COD, LoL, Dota, Smite even. They tend not to listen to the forums or reddit because the players who complain are usually just bad or had just one bad game against them. Even I wasnt paired up with so many people below my skill and same with other Skyes I think there would be a lot less nerfs.

I vs Skyes all the time. They clearly should not be vsing me when they are playing that champion because I can see so many flaws in what they are doing starting with their deck and burn cards.

Gretzel
10-27-2016, 03:12 AM

Feedback from comp play really should be the method by which balance patches are implemented. Those are the players with a deep understanding of every aspect of the game and how it interacts with each other component. You cannot balance a game around people who don't know how to play it (that's what happened to LoL and WoW and they are both fucking horrendous now).

BlairBear
10-27-2016, 03:26 AM
1. Skye has a tiny HP pool
2. Skye can't drop 80% of heroes with one clip, even if she aims perfectly.
3. Skye's ult is easily evaded if you have your mobility skill up for 90% of heroes
4. Skye relies on cooldowns
5. Skye has an item counter
6. Skye has a huge damage drop off outside of about 600 range
7. Skye makes noise when she goes in / goes out of invis
8. Smoke bomb is useless against a decent team
9. Skye can deal highest damage in the game and still lose, easily
10. Skye can't contest point
11. Skye can't contest clustered heroes

Honestly, at high ELO's (top 3% against your top 40%), Skye is completely garbage.

She doesn't need a nerf, or even really a buff, more of a complete re-work on certain skills. In high ELO games you're going to find out very quickly that even without constant VoIP communication your team will react to the sounds she makes. She's incredibly audible, and very easily caught out.

I don't know why these threads keep popping up. They're a joke. Skye is almost fine where she is, mostly she needs a change. There's a reason pro players scoff at Skye picks. At best you're going to get a few frags on their stragglers. At the worst you're going to get turned on by the very people you have the drop on and die. The amount of times I've had a Skye drop on me as Cassie and I just turn, blast shot, disengage, and 2 shots she's dead, I couldn't count.

Z1R0
10-27-2016, 08:43 AM
For me skye at her current state is a game breaker.
usualy if I dont play a tank, about 80% of deaths are bu her. high dmg, high fire rate. fast reload, "bleed", 2 stealth skills, crazy high dmg aoe ulti... zero sense for this game. balance breaker like no other champ in the game.

ThatOthell159
10-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Seems that no one uses her in E-sports, she needs a buff ;)

#bringbackoldskyeult

Roster
10-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Skye needs a rework, she is the worst champions in this game.You will see more good androxus/evie/buck than skye players.

oTecx
10-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Honestly, half the time you wipe the floor with skye players. The other half makes me ragequit. Cannot hunt her down, and she keeps showing up in the worst moments, prolly just waiting in a back alley for a low hp hero.
I don't even try anymore, insta quit.

MiuiKy
10-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Yesterday I did 51 eliminations as Barik, does Barik needs a nerf too?

SoulJoker
10-27-2016, 02:26 PM

Touch my Barik and someone will get cut!

oTecx
10-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Honestly, half the time you wipe the floor with skye players. The other half makes me ragequit. Cannot hunt her down, and she keeps showing up in the worst moments, prolly just waiting in a back alley for a low hp hero.
I don't even try anymore, insta quit.

Might need to state, this was playing as ying. If i play good ol' nando/barik/grover or maybe even andro, she dies easily.
This is basicly the reason i don't play pip/ying etc anymore, the lower hp heroes. Too fragile against skye camping behind.

Why u do dis 2 barik D:

Stormbrand
10-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Well don't worry they nerfed Skye in this recent build so you got what you asked for. Her auto attack spreads all over the place now for no reason so shes pretty much unusable and should not be used until fixed.

the618
10-29-2016, 05:50 AM
I have auto win in casual game with Skye, the only thing broke my winning streak with Skye is Illuminate, when damage dealer have it, my flank isn't effective.

Shuffleblade
10-29-2016, 05:34 PM

They don't. They cannot.

What this guy said is the most amount of sense in this thread.

Balance teams work around both the pro scene AND the casual players. The reason for that is both to balance the game both for bad/average players and for the absolute and also to balance the game for a team of 5 with voice chat and 5 random dudes running and gunning.
Other games do this through winrates, everyone that said balance is done based on the pro matches are wrong. This is not how a company is supposed to balance a game and its not how its done in any of the major games.

Pro play is one area to balance thats all, but if skye is not used by pros but (this is made up for arguements sake) has a 75% winrate in casual matches. This means skye is simultaneously underpowered and overpowered at the same time and you know which of these problems are the one that needs addressing? The 75% winrate one, that she is not used by the pros doesn't matter squat, pros will always favor certain characters and scorn others thats how it will always be. When looking at the pro scene the most glaring problem that needs to be addressed is if a character is overpowered not underpowered. Ofc making her at least pickable in pro games is preferable but it is totally priority -24, especially since this game is not even properly released yet.

So stop measuring everything by pro matches and picks it doesn't mean shit, not to us and not to Hi-Rez. What we need to to know is the winrates across the ELO ranges, where she is OP/UP before any of us can make any real arguments.

My opinion is that improved sound (and maybe other cues) will be an indirect nerf to make her easier to play against for casuals and where we need to go from there I don't know.

Crackz66
10-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Skye is supposed to be a stealth assasin/thief... so is normal to have more evasion skills than others.
The point getting kills with Skye is to shoot Right Click first...for the effect.
Skye is good as he is now. Maybe a little buff , but not even dare to nerf her again.
You can get a quadra with a lucky Time Bomb. And if tanks survive you can kill them in low hp.
Skye is great in casual.. Gonna try her in comp , since I just unlocked it.

TheJellyfish
10-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Idk why people are asking for Skye nerfs just cause they play against people who are either deaf or have not sense of awareness.

After they nerfed Skye's ult last patch she became more balanced (no more ninja wins due to ult wiping out entire teams). These days I don't even bother to get illuminate unless I feel like trolling Skye by hunting her down.

Skye is strong against new players and level 20+ idiots who still can't get it right. Like other people mentioned once you start playing higher ranked games everyone will just render her useless by staying in groups or pairs.

In short, just leave the blasted girl alone, she's been through enough.

ThatOthell159
10-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Skye ATM is worse than Buck, Android and Evie. Picking Skye in this patch IS a free lose.

If you want free wins you need to make a new account and only play casual levels 1-15.

Crackz66
10-30-2016, 05:57 AM
Skye ATM is worse than Buck, Android and Evie. Picking Skye in this patch IS a free lose.

If you want free wins you need to make a new account and only play casual levels 1-15.

This is just wrong. I play skye casual 20+ and still have great matches where i get 30+ eliminations... but I still lose because Agression Noobs or Deft Hands Grover :))) and other things like that...
And .. 50% plays casual only to level up characters for comp.. so..

oTecx
10-30-2016, 09:10 AM
This is just wrong. I play skye casual 20+ and still have great matches where i get 30+ eliminations... but I still lose because Agression Noobs or Deft Hands Grover :))) and other things like that...
And .. 50% plays casual only to level up characters for comp.. so..

Yeah alot of people pickup agression as default first buy, no idea why. I don't mind though, when i rek them because i bought a good card like veteran or cauterize/wrecker/bulldozer depending on their team composition.
Deft hands grover? Grover has no reload so that card is useless.

R3DBelmont
10-30-2016, 03:16 PM
I think now that barik has gotten buffed and his turrets can detect skye, she's a helluvalot worse than ever before, mainly because she is too risky to use, not to mention her weapon seems to have even more spread than I remember... so now unless you're within shotgun distance not ALL shots will hit which puts you in HUGE risk. I don't even think it's worth playing her anymore til they fix her kit tbh... she's been officially demoted to noobstomper in my book.

sinosleep
10-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Grover finally got picked as a troll pick by a dominant match point in their last game of the circuit. Skye however, still the only unplayed champ. LOL

TheJellyfish
10-30-2016, 08:06 PM
I think now that barik has gotten buffed and his turrets can detect skye, she's a helluvalot worse than ever before, mainly because she is too risky to use, not to mention her weapon seems to have even more spread than I remember... so now unless you're within shotgun distance not ALL shots will hit which puts you in HUGE risk. I don't even think it's worth playing her anymore til they fix her kit tbh... she's been officially demoted to noobstomper in my book.

You also forgot to mention that Mal'Damba has a card for his skill Groud that will reveal stealth enemies if they step into it.

ThatOthell159
10-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Grover finally got picked as a troll pick by a dominant match point in their last game of the circuit. Skye however, still the only unplayed champ. LOL

With that logic Skye and Viktor will need buffs to the roof and Dragoz and Ying nerfed to the ground.

This is not how balancing works.

Izekio
10-31-2016, 01:09 AM
I dont really know what happen to this thread but I am glad to see at least magicfighter was able to see that it was kind of a troll post and tagged it as that. I feel like it really got off topic and taken too seriously.