PDA

View Full Version : Evie Balancing Suggestions.

Sasquatchias
10-24-2016, 11:52 PM
As of right now I can't really put my thoughts into words about Evie, but the one thing I will say right now is that I think the way her kit is right now is making her state of balance fairly finnicky, and that I think it requires some deep changes to sort of "fix" Evie and put her in a better state where she can safely receive more changes that won't send her plummeting upward or downward on the "Balance Ladder".

1. Increasing her base health to 2000 -

Evie is incredibly fragile, being able to die to a stiff breeze or a couple of shots from a single enemy.

2. Increasing the speed of her projectiles, at the cost of some damage -

Evie's damage output currently is ridiculous, allowing her to two/three shot most enemies from full health. Yet at the same time aiming with Evie is atrocious with how slow her projectiles are, allowing most characters to even side step them at close range unless she shoots at their feet.

I think something that'd help put her in a more "easily accessible" spot for newer / less experienced players would be to lower her damage output a bit but increase the speed of her projectiles, making it easier and more appealing to go for those direct shots whilst also stopping her from two shotting a squishy in seconds.

3. Increasing the cooldown of Blink by 2 seconds for a total of 6 seconds.

Right now fighting Evie is an incredible exercise in frustration because of one ability - Blink.

Repeating Combo Damage aside, Blink makes Evie an incredibly tough opponent to kill - at a moments notice she can Blink right next to you, deal a good health chunking shot, and right as you start retaliating will immediately Blink away to safety, repeating the process over and over.

This situation gets especially worse once you factor in Wormhole, as it makes her escape that much better / easier by allowing her to Blink in, hit you, then reposition back to her original spot and Ice Block or Soar away.

I think upping the cooldown by 2 seconds in addition to at least the health increase would be a fair trade off all things considered.

4. Reworking Ice Block into a new ability

Ice Block right now is both one of the greatest and worst abilities in the game - on one hand it makes Evie invincible for 3 whole seconds (which matters a great deal), but at the same time prevents her from doing anything and leaves her open to fire from anyone around her the second it ends.

And when Ice Block used to have a combo with Blink the situation was downright awful, with Evie being able to Ice Block for invulnerability then Blink to safety with no penalties whatsoever.

I think given the sort of "Hyper Mobile" character she is (or Hi-Rez wants her role to be) the ability just doesn't fit with her playstyle, and should be reworked into something else - either a new "defensive" ability that shares the role of Reversal and Recovery allowing Androxus and Buck to survive in a prolonged fight, or a new offensive ability that allows Evie to split more of her damage between her kit, not forcing her to front load most of it on her Ice Staff.

LookGooD
10-25-2016, 01:17 AM
Evie's ulti can be replaced with ice block little smaller and reduced effect time. And her Ulti can be changed in a large area ice meteors falling 500dmg each total((8 meteors)) of 4k dmg for 4 secs. And she'll be prevented from any dmg or stun while ultimate is in process.

And also I think increasing the blink cooldown is a bad idea cause evie cant do anything without blink dmg buff.

jaladreips
10-25-2016, 01:57 AM
Why? Why do you want to decrease her efficiency for the sake of letting new players play it? 50% of champions already need little to no aiming at all to perform well. I don't even get the point of these changes.

She has 2nd worst dps of all flanks , if you increase her effective range (which will just increase effectiveness of long range spam), her health and lower her dps, she will be even more annoying and even less effective. Even now her numbers are set up with 69% (or 60%? I don't know if they are additive or multiplicative) damage buff in mind and standard blink buff doesn't let you 2shot anything with more hp than Viktor has. That makes Evie bad at direct 1v1 (which is okay) and forces her to hunt down damaged enemies (which is also okay). But if you decrease her damage, she will be just blinking around annoying people til they realize they can just ignore her because 1 shot at her forces her to retreat.

The only thing I agree with is changing Ice Block. Preferably to something that reliably marks or applies slow, she has tools to run away and she doesn't need anything to take damage head-on.

This post might be logically inconsistent because writing essays on smartphone is dumb. Apologies.

LookGooD
10-25-2016, 02:09 AM
Why? Why do you want to decrease her efficiency for the sake of letting new players play it? 50% of champions already need little to no aiming at all to perform well. I don't even get the point of these changes.

She has 2nd worst dps of all flanks , if you increase her effective range (which will just increase effectiveness of long range spam), her health and lower her dps, she will be even more annoying and even less effective. Even now her numbers are set up with 69% (or 60%? I don't know if they are additive or multiplicative) damage buff in mind and standard blink buff doesn't let you 2shot anything with more hp than Viktor has. That makes Evie bad at direct 1v1 (which is okay) and forces her to hunt down damaged enemies (which is also okay). But if you decrease her damage, she will be just blinking around annoying people til they realize they can just ignore her because 1 shot at her forces her to retreat.

The only thing I agree with is changing Ice Block. Preferably to something that reliably marks or applies slow, she has tools to run away and she doesn't need anything to take damage head-on.

This post might be logically inconsistent because writing essays on smartphone is dumb. Apologies.

I couldn't say better. All Bucks and Androxes wants to dominate everyone..((Buck is doing this sh1t already..)) and they want to get rid of evie completly after blink + ice block ability as they did to skye. So Im saying BRING BACK THE ICE BLOCK+ BLINK..

Sasquatchias
10-25-2016, 02:24 AM

Actually Evie's DPS is quite high per shot - she deals 930 damage on a direct hit, whilst comparably Buck only deals 540 and Androxus deals 620 per shot.

Admittedly they both fire faster than her (Androxus by a hell of a lot and and Buck by just a tiny bit more), so her damage isn't exactly lacking.

And the idea I'm going for is increasing her efficiency by giving her more survivability and attacks more befitting an actual fight as opposed to something so slow that you have to hug someone or completely blindside someone to actually hit, whilst also toning down her mobility to something a bit more in-line with other Champions instead of the constantly Blinking menace she is now.

Sasquatchias
10-25-2016, 02:26 AM
I couldn't say better. All Bucks and Androxes wants to dominate everyone..((Buck is doing this sh1t already..)) and they want to get rid of evie completly after blink + ice block ability as they did to skye. So Im saying BRING BACK THE ICE BLOCK+ BLINK..

Bringing back Ice Block Blink combo is an awful idea because thats only going to make Evie a top pick in all levels again by giving her both invincibility and a free escape in one combo.

Thats bullshit that she not only gets to become immune to damage and CC but also gets the ability to use her movement ability at the same time.

LookGooD
10-25-2016, 02:33 AM
Bringing back Ice Block Blink combo is an awful idea because thats only going to make Evie a top pick in all levels again by giving her both invincibility and a free escape in one combo.

Thats bullshit that she not only gets to become immune to damage and CC but also gets the ability to use her movement ability at the same time.

Ice block blink combo needs to come back. With a nerf or not it needs to.

Sasquatchias
10-25-2016, 02:36 AM

If you want to bring it back so bad what should happen is Evie should then get at least a low maximum distance she can blink to instead of the full distance she had before.

BlitherBlip
10-25-2016, 04:38 AM
I'd like to see the ice block be reworked or replaced, but tbh all she needs is a boost to her firing speed and AOE to be a lot more effective.

CaoCao777
10-25-2016, 05:06 AM
Ice Block is total garbage skill, the worst skill in the game, you use it and YOU DIE!!!
it straight up MAKES SURE you DIE! its totally broken

i just played 3 games with Evie, and EVERY time i used Ice Block, i was killed instantly when emerging,
people see Ice Block and theyre like "ooh goodie! free kill!!!" .. seriously, once i had 2 guys come running and stand by me waiting for it to end

SUPER TROLL SKILL!

if you play Evie ... NEVER use Ice Block!! its the button of death
ONLY thing its good for is when you hide in a corner to heal, but if someone happens to see it they will stand by like "trolololol you dead fool"

and one game there was a Evie on other team, she used Ice Block ... i knew what to do.. EVERYONE does!! .. its sooo silly!
.. oh yeah , like me and 2 other dudes came running "oh free kill!"

but hmmm i guess you can use it as bait/ waste enemies time huh?
but it just seems sooo dumb...
Evie should get credits for dying then...
"within 0.1 secs of exiting Ice Block, if you die, gain credits" - youd get level 3 everything in like half a match lol

RitchBascist
10-25-2016, 05:38 AM
Replace Ice block with:

Ice armor - Gives Evie Damage reduction and her LMB attack slows enemies hit.

Would still give her some sort of survivability and the utility of Ice block (though without the marked thing, but Blink already has the 30% damage buff anyway)

Thoughts?

KicksBrickster
10-25-2016, 05:42 AM
I would gladly sacrifice some damage to boost her projectile speed back to what it was in CB29. Evie is in a really weird spot cos of it.

The issue with Ice Block is that it now sets the enemy up for a free kill, especially Bomb King. Before you could Blink away from whatever dangers there were, but now it's basically a suicide ability. Perhaps it should be changed to some kind of AoE that freezes the ground and slows enemies.

I would also change her ultimate. I honestly cant think of a single situation in which her ult has actually been useful to me. It's painfully small and easy to get out of. The older folks will remember Evie's Ice Block used to have a stun ability. Perhaps shifting that onto her ultimate is not a bad idea.

LookGooD
10-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Replace Ice block with:

Ice armor - Gives Evie Damage reduction and her LMB attack slows enemies hit.

Would still give her some sort of survivability and the utility of Ice block (though without the marked thing, but Blink already has the 30% damage buff anyway)

Thoughts?

There is no meaning giving a DR to a 1800 HP champ.. If Dr will be around 70-80% sure why not.

CaoCao777
10-25-2016, 05:52 AM
Ice Block main utility is holding the objective for a couple seconds...
but if you do that.. you WILL die
even Raynday says so in the "How to play Evie" video

... it NEEDS blink to work with it, or the skill is garbage

"maybe when you blink while in ice block, take X damage" ??

or "when you blink while in ice block, cooldowns take extra time" ??
or something like that??

itd make you really have to think when youre gonna do it

jaladreips
10-25-2016, 06:42 AM
Actually Evie's DPS is quite high per shot - she deals 930 damage on a direct hit, whilst comparably Buck only deals 540 and Androxus deals 620 per shot.

Admittedly they both fire faster than her (Androxus by a hell of a lot and and Buck by just a tiny bit more), so her damage isn't exactly lacking.

Some numbers:

Skye - 150 per 0.1s = 1500 DPS, unloads clip in 1.5s dealing 2250 damage.
Androxus - 620 per 0.5s = 1240 DPS, unloads clip in 3s dealing 3720 damage.
Evie - 930 (1209) per 1s = 930 (1209) DPS, unloads clip in 6s dealing 5580 damage. Buffed damage in brackets.
Buck - 570 (741) per 0.9s = 600 (780) DPS, unloads clip in 5.4s dealing 3600 damage. Buffed damage in brackets.

Numbers don't lie, Evie has 3rd worst damage per second and has the lowest hp. She shoots projectiles and has defensive ability that's basically a free teleport back to spawn.
But somehow she can do better than most flanks (IMO better than Androxus if you can land the shots. Evie doesn't make WOO WOO sound and her Blink is more instantaneous than Nether Step).
It's because how flanks work. Flanks don't engage in a 1v1 from 100 to 0 (except Buck maybe). Flanks look for elimination opportunities. You want to look for potential targets and kill them. You can either kill them when their health is below some arbitrary number or if you can ambush them. That's where Evie shines, because ambush means guaranteed first shot. If you ambush a Viktor, you don't 1v1 him from 100 to 0, you get a guaranteed first shot. In case of Androxus it's free 620 damage (excluding Defiance BS), in case of Skye it's free 600 damage (assuming 0.4s reaction time). Evie has almost double that - 1209 damage on first shot after Blink buff reduces Viktors hp by over a half, forcing him to immediately try to retreat and fail if you land your 2nd shot.

You may say that it's hard to land those direct hits. First of all, it isn't as hard as you might think. Lower your mouse sensitivity, play Quake/Tribes (but please not Ascend) a bit. Secondly, thanks to that you get a very nice feature - no fall off. When you don't see anyone that can die in 2 shots, you can shoot people from afar. Maybe you will miss 4 times, but if you land 5th shot on that Grover, you can immediately Blink and finish him off in 2 shots. Kinessa/Bomb King feeling cool n stuff on the roof on Timber Mill? Shoot once towards him, Blink, shoot again and watch how 2 shots connect at the same time and imagine the look of that guys face.
That's why I generally don't want Evie changed. Your suggestions would destroy champion that is very fun to play and to develop interesting tactics with. Lower damage per shot = less ambushing, more dueling. Faster projectiles may be noob-friendly, but you can always learn to aim better, you can't learn to deal more damage.

Now Ice Block is different. This skill is so useless that I use it once per 3 matches, generally because I can look around corners with it. Honestly, why would I go immune when I can just Blink away? Slow on demand pls.

@edit

I would also change her ultimate. I honestly cant think of a single situation in which her ult has actually been useful to me. It's painfully small and easy to get out of. The older folks will remember Evie's Ice Block used to have a stun ability. Perhaps shifting that onto her ultimate is not a bad idea.

Ever tried using her ult with Viktor's or Skye's ult?

RitchBascist
10-25-2016, 07:25 AM
There is no meaning giving a DR to a 1800 HP champ.. If Dr will be around 70-80% sure why not.

Numbers could be adjusted, just wondering if the concept is a good thing.

PaladinShield
10-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Evie and Buck need big nerf ! just because it is much op now with teleports

Sasquatchias
10-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Numbers could be adjusted, just wondering if the concept is a good thing.

The idea is good in theory, but unless you have Bruiser or higher tier of health it won't do much in the long run save letting you survive like two seconds or so longer given the relatively high damage most people dish out.

SuperAnimal
10-27-2016, 03:30 AM
Some numbers:

Skye - 150 per 0.1s = 1500 DPS, unloads clip in 1.5s dealing 2250 damage.
Androxus - 620 per 0.5s = 1240 DPS, unloads clip in 3s dealing 3720 damage.
Evie - 930 (1209) per 1s = 930 (1209) DPS, unloads clip in 6s dealing 5580 damage. Buffed damage in brackets.
Buck - 570 (741) per 0.9s = 600 (780) DPS, unloads clip in 5.4s dealing 3600 damage. Buffed damage in brackets.

Numbers don't lie, Evie has 3rd worst damage per second and has the lowest hp. She shoots projectiles and has defensive ability that's basically a free teleport back to spawn.
But somehow she can do better than most flanks (IMO better than Androxus if you can land the shots. Evie doesn't make WOO WOO sound and her Blink is more instantaneous than Nether Step).
It's because how flanks work. Flanks don't engage in a 1v1 from 100 to 0 (except Buck maybe). Flanks look for elimination opportunities. You want to look for potential targets and kill them. You can either kill them when their health is below some arbitrary number or if you can ambush them. That's where Evie shines, because ambush means guaranteed first shot. If you ambush a Viktor, you don't 1v1 him from 100 to 0, you get a guaranteed first shot. In case of Androxus it's free 620 damage (excluding Defiance BS), in case of Skye it's free 600 damage (assuming 0.4s reaction time). Evie has almost double that - 1209 damage on first shot after Blink buff reduces Viktors hp by over a half, forcing him to immediately try to retreat and fail if you land your 2nd shot.

You may say that it's hard to land those direct hits. First of all, it isn't as hard as you might think. Lower your mouse sensitivity, play Quake/Tribes (but please not Ascend) a bit. Secondly, thanks to that you get a very nice feature - no fall off. When you don't see anyone that can die in 2 shots, you can shoot people from afar. Maybe you will miss 4 times, but if you land 5th shot on that Grover, you can immediately Blink and finish him off in 2 shots. Kinessa/Bomb King feeling cool n stuff on the roof on Timber Mill? Shoot once towards him, Blink, shoot again and watch how 2 shots connect at the same time and imagine the look of that guys face.
That's why I generally don't want Evie changed. Your suggestions would destroy champion that is very fun to play and to develop interesting tactics with. Lower damage per shot = less ambushing, more dueling. Faster projectiles may be noob-friendly, but you can always learn to aim better, you can't learn to deal more damage.

Now Ice Block is different. This skill is so useless that I use it once per 3 matches, generally because I can look around corners with it. Honestly, why would I go immune when I can just Blink away? Slow on demand pls.

@edit

Ever tried using her ult with Viktor's or Skye's ult?

You flanker = you assasin! You need win 1vs1 duels againts DD, but evie cant, good player faceroll evie 1vs1, all flankers faceroll evie 1vs1, SUPORT faceroll evie 1vs1!!! Evie only noob stomp champion, high skill evie can play ranked but alot champions better than evie. My mmr 4200 now and i play with and against 4800-5k. A lot games with evie 4vs5 tussle, good enemy just kill evie instanly or ignore she dodge every missle easy...

Drogos have same mobility and better dmg ez.

BlairBear
10-27-2016, 03:43 AM

You're wrong on so many notes here.

1. She has the highest DPS of all the flanks. She can drop 1300 dps without the need for headshots, and that's AOE damage.

2. She has an enormous effective range, the problem is her projectile speed is so slow you NEED to be almost melee range. There's a pretty cheesy blink combo that can one shot a hero standing still or barely moving, but that's almost impossible to execute properly in a high elo game.

3. She has a 30% damage buff after blink, and with level 2 wormhole means you can drop 3900 damage of direct hits, not counting AOE damage, within a single blink.

4. She needs an hp buff, or atleast Ice Block to be reverted back to where it was - so that it doesn't cancel your mobility skills for a brief period after Ice Block ends.

5. Evie has a very high skill cap, you won't find "new players" performing well with her, ever. Any hero that relies entirely on difficult skill shots, including her mobility skills, will have a high skill cap.

Evie needs a buff, period. I'm not sure WHERE she needs it, she might even be more viable with certain card changes, but as it is she's the least picked flanker in high tier Paladins.

If her projectile speed was increased with a significant damage drop, it wouldn't create "more duels, less picks", it would create a hero that is more capable at doing more than just chasing down low hps, which as you can easily tell from Androxus/Buck, is not what flankers are really meant to do. She has enormous damage potential right now, with a very high skill cap, but with the semi-recent changes to Ice Block has completely fallen off the spectrum of a competent Champion. Ice Block's slow is useless too, it should be applied immediately on the use of Ice Block. Hell, that might even be enough to balance her.

EpplZ
10-27-2016, 05:28 AM
I encountered a high elo evie yesterday, dang if she needs a buff, then I might stand still and let her kill me at spawn, because it was already incredibly hard to catch and kill her, double blink everytime, 3 ult per game (this was fishy but well...) and so on, she won the match alone by devastating our team, I was the only one that managed to kill her 2 times the whole game... and because I focused on her with grover while she was out of blink or magic wand to fly away.

With balancing a merc you should take into consideration the high skilled players instead of the casual noobies IMO, something that fell "normal" in low skilled hands can become devastating when mastered.

LookGooD
10-27-2016, 06:01 AM
I encountered a high elo evie yesterday, dang if she needs a buff, then I might stand still and let her kill me at spawn, because it was already incredibly hard to catch and kill her, double blink everytime, 3 ult per game (this was fishy but well...) and so on, she won the match alone by devastating our team, I was the only one that managed to kill her 2 times the whole game... and because I focused on her with grover while she was out of blink or magic wand to fly away.

With balancing a merc you should take into consideration the high skilled players instead of the casual noobies IMO, something that fell "normal" in low skilled hands can become devastating when mastered.

That means your team is noob. You cant give your opinion for only 1 match , my main is evie too and I rarely lost matches with her but this does not change the fact that she needs some rework for her ice block and ultimate.

jaladreips
10-27-2016, 09:50 AM
You flanker = you assasin! You need win 1vs1 duels againts DD, but evie cant, good player faceroll evie 1vs1, all flankers faceroll evie 1vs1, SUPORT faceroll evie 1vs1!!! Evie only noob stomp champion, high skill evie can play ranked but alot champions better than evie. My mmr 4200 now and i play with and against 4800-5k. A lot games with evie 4vs5 tussle, good enemy just kill evie instanly or ignore she dodge every missle easy...
I'm not English native speaker, but srsly, this is so unreadable.

Since when assassins excel at 1v1 combat? They do everything to avoid direct confrontations and take down unaware targets by surprise, generally by stabbing them from the back.
We have 3 champions that can be classified as assassins and one that is a lone wolf. The former secure kills and punish for not being aware, the latter decimates anyone that overextends too much.

1. She has the highest DPS of all the flanks. She can drop 1300 dps without the need for headshots, and that's AOE damage.
Where did you get that number? Evie has 930DPS base, 1209DPS after one damage increase and 1488DPS after both applied at once. For the sake of being realistic, we assume that Ice Block buff is inconsistent so we ignore it, leaving us with 1209DPS. Skye has 1500DPS and Androxus has 1240DPS. 1500 > 1240 > 1209. 3rd best or 2nd worst (Buck has 600DPS without netting)
And saying that Evie has AoE damage it's like saying that Makoa has AoE. Technically it's true, just doesn't mean much.

2. She has an enormous effective range, the problem is her projectile speed is so slow you NEED to be almost melee range. There's a pretty cheesy blink combo that can one shot a hero standing still or barely moving, but that's almost impossible to execute properly in a high elo game.

I don't know if you guys played CoD only, but I played Tribes: Vengance for over 6000h (during 8 years), TF2 for ~1200h, little bit of Quake Live and I have no problem reliably hitting people over close to mid-range. Lower your sensitivity and work on your aim. Also buy a reasonable mousepad.

3. She has a 30% damage buff after blink, and with level 2 wormhole means you can drop 3900 damage of direct hits, not counting AOE damage, within a single blink.
Your math is terrible, in <4 seconds you can dish out 3 hits, 3627 damage. You may say that I'm picky, but 1300 damage per hit vs 1209 damage per hit equals Bomb King killed in 2 or 3 hits. Androxus does more of that in that time, excluding headshots, which effectively reduce hits to kill.

4. She needs an hp buff, or atleast Ice Block to be reverted back to where it was - so that it doesn't cancel your mobility skills for a brief period after Ice Block ends.
No she doesn't. She needs Ice Block reverted from stupid LEL I TELE TO SPAWN wasting everyone's time to something that makes Evie even more active.

5. Evie has a very high skill cap, you won't find "new players" performing well with her, ever. Any hero that relies entirely on difficult skill shots, including her mobility skills, will have a high skill cap.
Skill ceiling (or cap as you call it) has nothing to do with new players, it tells us how effective can an ideal player be. Evie has high skill floor and steep learning curve. That determines how well will a bad player (but assuming he has reasonable brain power) perform.

Evie needs a buff, period. I'm not sure WHERE she needs it, she might even be more viable with certain card changes, but as it is she's the least picked flanker in high tier Paladins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0KfWj6I5k&feature=em-lss

I check at random moments at about 20min intervals during entire video. Didn't find any match with no Evie. Redo your research.

[/quote]If her projectile speed was increased with a significant damage drop, it wouldn't create "more duels, less picks", it would create a hero that is more capable at doing more than just chasing down low hps, which as you can easily tell from Androxus/Buck, is not what flankers are really meant to do. She has enormous damage potential right now, with a very high skill cap, but with the semi-recent changes to Ice Block has completely fallen off the spectrum of a competent Champion.[/quote]
Look up Circuits

Ice Block's slow is useless too, it should be applied immediately on the use of Ice Block. Hell, that might even be enough to balance her.
This is actually not bad idea and might give an incentive to actually use Ice Block not just to look around corners.

Gearsting
10-27-2016, 10:19 AM
https://i.4cdn.org/vg/1477580743776.png
So here's my idea. Her ice block works as normal but if you jump while in it, then you'd get this super jump, you'd be able to angle your super jump to make it less predictable. Evie would be standing on a platform while doing the super jump so she could jump off even while in mid air.
It's a little like blinking out of ice block but not as op because she's still vulnerable while jumping.

OmegaPanda
10-27-2016, 10:41 AM
As of right now I can't really put my thoughts into words about Evie, but the one thing I will say right now is that I think the way her kit is right now is making her state of balance fairly finnicky, and that I think it requires some deep changes to sort of "fix" Evie and put her in a better state where she can safely receive more changes that won't send her plummeting upward or downward on the "Balance Ladder".

1. Increasing her base health to 2000 -

Evie is incredibly fragile, being able to die to a stiff breeze or a couple of shots from a single enemy.

2. Increasing the speed of her projectiles, at the cost of some damage -

Evie's damage output currently is ridiculous, allowing her to two/three shot most enemies from full health. Yet at the same time aiming with Evie is atrocious with how slow her projectiles are, allowing most characters to even side step them at close range unless she shoots at their feet.

I think something that'd help put her in a more "easily accessible" spot for newer / less experienced players would be to lower her damage output a bit but increase the speed of her projectiles, making it easier and more appealing to go for those direct shots whilst also stopping her from two shotting a squishy in seconds.

3. Increasing the cooldown of Blink by 2 seconds for a total of 6 seconds.

Right now fighting Evie is an incredible exercise in frustration because of one ability - Blink.

Repeating Combo Damage aside, Blink makes Evie an incredibly tough opponent to kill - at a moments notice she can Blink right next to you, deal a good health chunking shot, and right as you start retaliating will immediately Blink away to safety, repeating the process over and over.

This situation gets especially worse once you factor in Wormhole, as it makes her escape that much better / easier by allowing her to Blink in, hit you, then reposition back to her original spot and Ice Block or Soar away.

I think upping the cooldown by 2 seconds in addition to at least the health increase would be a fair trade off all things considered.

4. Reworking Ice Block into a new ability

Ice Block right now is both one of the greatest and worst abilities in the game - on one hand it makes Evie invincible for 3 whole seconds (which matters a great deal), but at the same time prevents her from doing anything and leaves her open to fire from anyone around her the second it ends.

And when Ice Block used to have a combo with Blink the situation was downright awful, with Evie being able to Ice Block for invulnerability then Blink to safety with no penalties whatsoever.

I think given the sort of "Hyper Mobile" character she is (or Hi-Rez wants her role to be) the ability just doesn't fit with her playstyle, and should be reworked into something else - either a new "defensive" ability that shares the role of Reversal and Recovery allowing Androxus and Buck to survive in a prolonged fight, or a new offensive ability that allows Evie to split more of her damage between her kit, not forcing her to front load most of it on her Ice Staff.

i honestly couldnt agree more, the char is fine as it is but this changes would make her a lot more stable(Right now its either the best help for the team or shooting practice for the enemy, no middle ground) and bringin back Ice block+Blink seems stupid as all hell considering how broken that gimmick was. Also i find funny all the people complaining about how supposedly broken buck is without ever listing any of the big disadvantages he has as flanker, but thats a little off-topic

EpplZ
10-27-2016, 12:50 PM
That means your team is noob. You cant give your opinion for only 1 match , my main is evie too and I rarely lost matches with her but this does not change the fact that she needs some rework for her ice block and ultimate.

Well, I was matched vs Kamyker, ranked #4 as evie... and no our team was decent but it was just impossible to focus on Him AND the rest of his team to be honest. Btw how the fuck do I get matched up with a guy as high on the ratings...

Sasquatchias
10-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Well, I was matched vs Kamyker, ranked #4 as evie... and no our team was decent but it was just impossible to focus on Him AND the rest of his team to be honest. Btw how the fuck do I get matched up with a guy as higyh on the ratings...

You get matched up with people like that because matchmaking is broken and Hi-Rez apparently doesn't see that sort of thing as an issue.

Its even worse during low population hours as you tend to run into the same premades or high ranked players over and over again whilst you're in solo queue, allowing them the pleasure of pubstomping you and and your team.

EpplZ
10-27-2016, 02:49 PM
The only good thing that came out of that is that I could see how he plays and learn some tips, but yeah, I dont think evie needs buffs

MagicInMyPants
10-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Hey Guys, A bit late to the thread, but I thought it would be helpful to share some insights. I agree that Evie needs a few tweaks after carefully playing her all week and doing fairly well. She is IMO the most challenging character to play requiring a lot of control, fast responses, some planning, and good spatial awareness to play her well and I think this is part of what makes her incredibly fun to play if you can get the hang of it.

1. Increasing her base health to 2000 - Fully Agree, she's a little too easy to kill. I think she should remain fragile, but not 1 shot fragile as she currently feels. I think i'm getting pretty decent scores with her, but this is my biggest frustration. when I go down, I often die before I can even react to getting hurt. Also, if someone is really focused on killing you the whole match, you may be screwed.

2. Increasing the speed of her projectiles, at the cost of some damage - Disagree. Her slow projectiles are actually something I love to leverage. One of the things I sometimes do is shoot where I think my target will be, Blink over, shoot again, and if the original shot which is now arriving at a delay connects, it's a hell of a shock for the other player who is now either dead or at very low health. This is very difficult to land on moving targets, but also incredibly rewarding. I think this should stay. She's not designed to be long range. she's designed for high mobility. ie: get in, get a hit or 2, and move out before anyone notices you picked them off. If you are going down the middle, you're doing it wrong and This is why you are frustrated. someone else mentioned this tactic and it's a ton of fun when it works because of the difficulty.

3. Increasing the cooldown of Blink by 2 seconds for a total of 6 seconds. - Disagree. if Evie is going to be easily killed and also have high difficulty in landing shots, then this along with soar are her redeeming features. She's squishy and hard to aim with, so the least she can have is very high mobility to counter with the players ability to dodge hits. shes like a fly trying to bite. playing as Evie means you have to take a risk of exposing yourself for 2-3 good hits and then try to escape and repeat without getting caught. It takes quite a bit of skill to avoid dying if people are actively after you. it's equally hard to fight back while dodging if good players avoid your shots too. you can only blink and soar so often too. I would say if you're team is struggling with fighting an Evie, it's because you guys are not watching your backs properly. Same issue with Skye i'm sure. They both do a great job disrupting and drawing the attention of the people in the back so your teams front can advance.

4. Reworking Ice Block into a new ability - I partially agree. I think it's incredibly hard to use it right. in a 1v1, it's good when your target panics and tries to empty a clip on you. but if your opponent has a cool head, you're basically dead. Same if you foolishly try to go into the main battleground and use it. it buys you a second or 2 to either recharge blink or soar or counter if they run out of ammo at best. The problem I dont think is the Ice block itself, but rather the way it ends. you're basically unable to do anything for a split second which is when the trouble starts... I'm not saying to get rid of that, I think an opening is good for opponents, but it's too easy right now. I think the solution is to put her into motion upon exit of the Ice block. perhaps she can do a jumping roll or even ice skate out at high speed in the direction the player is trying to go when it breaks or something. It might give her a chance to get out of sight behind a wall or something rather than be a total sitting duck. Another thing that might help is to make the floor slippery around her, this could make it harder for anyone nearby to aim if they were not standing still .. its just enough of an edge to give her a chance to escape. This should be instant too and have a bit larger of a radius than the current ice block.

Adding 5. .. the current ultimate is useless. I rarely bother to use it. It takes too long to activate, which is time i could have spent shooting. It barely does any damage. it has a shit range too. people just walk out of it. The slow just means people are likely to stop moving and it's easier to aim at me now. Screw that. I don't think slowing anyone is the right approach to evie anyway. IMO, save the devastating blows for the damage dealers. I think her special should help split up a group of people and cause confusion so she can pick one off 1v1 after. She should be messing with friction or something instead and the blizzard should add a push effect away from the center. Get people off the point and make it harder to hit anyone for a moment if you're sent into motion for a 2-4 sec. Additional frostbite damage is a plus. finally, if there is going to be any delay between the button push and it going off, it really should be at the location where I pushed the button similar to skye.

Mites
10-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Imo evie is rather balanced right now, that being said, she tend loose every duel to anyone but kinessa (equal skill) and tend to be hard to catch because of double tp and huge amount of heal.
Imo the double tp should not heal her 2 times, and her base hp should go up a little.

Atm all evie top elo play the same, you just spam jump in jump out with 2 hit while in (1 if it's getting dangerous and you don't back if you see easy kill).
This allow evie to deal lots of damage without taking much risk, and the fact she get lots of heal mean she only have to wait 4 sec blink cd to repeat. (she doesn't have to wait for her life to go up)
On the other hand the double heal won't help her that much doing kill, because it only proc when you decide to tp back which often mean runaway.

Giving her +200 hp and remove the double heal on double tp, would reduce her ability to perma harass people, and still give her a better chance to win 1v1 when playing aggressive. This change imo would make her closer to a flanker, and less a hit and run dps.

Evie iceblock slow could have a strong early range effectiveness to allow an aggressive use of it, (but without scaling up the slow power, which mean you slow + bonus damage from long range but the slow won't be strong if you don't get the card or wait), that being said i'm afraid that'd make her too strong.

That being said, iceblock slow atm is not useless, and iceblock is not an ice coffin.
Iceblock slow may prevent enemy from going melee, for instance a bk/drogoz that have time travel.
And the iceblock itself may be usefull if your support manage to heal you.
Besides it allow you to dodge a reversal or some slow projectile, i don't think it's a bad ability, i love it's mechanics, i just think it would be cool to be able to use it aggressively.

Aclon
10-30-2016, 02:09 PM
I have an idea for evie buff. Rather than apply slow and mark after iceblock. Why not apply it when enemy enter the circle range. Then when the iceblock end, make evie have hp shield or something to reduce incoming damage by 70%. So evie won't get 1 hit kill after iceblock.